Author Topic: Thoughts on FFX for psp vita  (Read 23018 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on FFX for psp vita
« Reply #25 on: 2012-01-02 22:28:14 »
I disagree, it is the same cash in mentality...

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2012-01-02 23:54:16 »
They have NEVER made major changes to a remake, and they've done TONS over the years. If anything, laziness will inspire them to keep it the same.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2012-01-03 02:47:43 »
I'm still incredibly skeptical about this being a "full-on remake", I really don't see them doing that with X. Re-do the models, interface and update the textures slightly yes, but nothing more.

This seems to confirm my skepticism. All I want is an HD port. Now.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2012-01-03 12:45:32 »
Misinterpretation? Sounds likely.

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2012-01-03 18:08:30 »
Indeed. I looked at a few places before I posted that link and a great deal of them make a point of mentioning the sketchy translation and lack of proof. With that in mind, I'm inclined to believe there's no way this is a complete re-do.

As usual, some crappy writer is jumping the bandwagon to get hits on their website.

royalmurder

• View Profile
    • Ian Merryweather
« Reply #30 on: 2012-01-07 22:50:19 »
Hmmm like FF7's magic has been preserved with the cash ins?   8-)

and how many of the cash ins had hironobu sakaguchi producing them?

so long as the battle system stays the same I will be happy, and there is no reason (according to SquareEnix's precedence for remakes and newer-gen ports) that this will be changed.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2012-02-06 16:33:36 »
It was always going to be, Square are way too lazy to remake it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2012-02-06 16:38:29 »
Exactly.  As I been saying... cash in mentality.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #34 on: 2012-02-06 17:03:42 »
People seriously thought it was gonna be a full fledged remake?  :o

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2012-02-06 17:27:30 »
Unfortunately, some people still believe the recent FF's are good.  :-D :-P Just open the logic center for 2 seconds and it is obvious what "remake" FFX is... a nice earner.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2012-02-06 17:29:22 »
was gonna pre-order this lol as always. Im just pi***d at least put some trophy addition or something for god sake lazy f****
« Last Edit: 2012-02-08 17:55:42 by e1sunz »

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2012-02-07 07:25:59 »
I'm almost positive they will add trophy support. I'm shocked people thought it would be a full remake. When has anyone ever fully remade a PS2 game? What would be the point when graphically it's not that bad to begin with?

It's still a day 1 buy for me, considering this was what I was expecting. I've been dying to replay FFX for ages and my PS2 is lying in a box somewhere.

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2012-02-07 08:37:10 »
I'm almost positive they will add trophy support. I'm shocked people thought it would be a full remake. When has anyone ever fully remade a PS2 game?
i don't ever recall there being a remake of ps3 game.

only remakes i can think of are a couple ps1 games, and most of the time they did not turn out to be so great.

- silent hill -> silent hill shattered memories (just, wtf)
- metal gear solid -> mgs twin snakes (matrix cutscenes, wtf)
- tomb raider 1 -> tomb raider anniversary ( that one is actually a good example, this is the kind of remake any game deserves to have )

otherwise it's mostly a port of game to new hardware with slightly improved graphics (check out metal gear hd collection; better textures and smoother fps, similarily ICO and SoTC, god of war, etc).

What would be the point when graphically it's not that bad to begin with?
also, vita doesn't really have a huge display. there is even no need to replace textures with higher quality ones, unless it can be plugged into HD tv set.

It's still a day 1 buy for me, considering this was what I was expecting. I've been dying to replay FFX for ages and my PS2 is lying in a box somewhere.
the reason i'll ever get a vita will be wipeout (it was the same with psp). that and the moment the hype dies down and price of the device drops down to sane levels.

i don't think i'll ever feel like playing ffx again, especially since i got my hands on ff12. it makes older FF's look so mundane.

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2012-02-08 11:12:57 »
i don't ever recall there being a remake of ps3 game.

only remakes i can think of are a couple ps1 games, and most of the time they did not turn out to be so great.

- silent hill -> silent hill shattered memories (just, wtf)
- metal gear solid -> mgs twin snakes (matrix cutscenes, wtf)
- tomb raider 1 -> tomb raider anniversary ( that one is actually a good example, this is the kind of remake any game deserves to have )

otherwise it's mostly a port of game to new hardware with slightly improved graphics (check out metal gear hd collection; better textures and smoother fps, similarily ICO and SoTC, god of war, etc).
also, vita doesn't really have a huge display. there is even no need to replace textures with higher quality ones, unless it can be plugged into HD tv set.
the reason i'll ever get a vita will be wipeout (it was the same with psp). that and the moment the hype dies down and price of the device drops down to sane levels.

i don't think i'll ever feel like playing ffx again, especially since i got my hands on ff12. it makes older FF's look so mundane.

I'm assuming you writing "remake of a PS3 game" is a typo. You mean "PS2" right? I can't work out whether you're agreeing with me or not. The game is just going to have slightly updated graphics to make it not look so ancient, as every reasonably sane person expected.

As you say, FFX is getting the same treatment as the other HD ports. (God of War etc.). They all had trophy support.

And you do know it's for the PS3 aswell right? Not just the Vita?

Iecerint

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2012-02-10 20:53:50 »
SE has done proper remakes before -- Final Fantasy III and IV for the DS are the most salient examples.

This will not be that, though.

If I can get both voice tracks, the International content, and some touched-up visuals, I'm more than happy to buy FFX again.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2012-02-10 22:13:58 »
Well i liked FFX the only things i would want changing is in FFX this had high res model and a low res model
Low res was for 95% of the game walking and running and the High res was for the close ups

i would like to see them gut out the low res ones and replace it with the high res ones

(I know they won't tho)

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
« Reply #42 on: 2012-02-11 00:51:46 »
One thing I'm not looking forward to if they do it.... having the characters speak Tidus' name, and pronouncing it "Tee-dus".

Iecerint

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2012-02-11 01:02:11 »
Why would they do that?  There's no need to change the way the game is already set up, as far as that goes.

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2012-02-11 14:28:51 »
One thing I'm not looking forward to if they do it.... having the characters speak Tidus' name, and pronouncing it "Tee-dus".

They won't do that. It's essentially just an upscaled port. But I can see them touching up the font. Or at least, I hope they do. I never liked the font in FFX.

I just can't wait to play a version in it's original speed without letterbox. Being that the PAL version played slower and had letterbox. I mean sure, I don't think anyone noticed, and to be fair we did get the Dark Aeons and new stuff and the best sphere grid... but the game played slow, and I didn't even notice this until I emulated the NA version years later.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #45 on: 2012-02-13 13:42:19 »

I thought it was pronounced like "cry-baby".

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2012-02-13 19:03:18 »
I thought it was pronounced like "cry-baby".

Hahahaha. This made my day. Thank god Auron was a bad ass...