Author Topic: ok i need help  (Read 4705 times)

ice_cold513

• View Profile
ok i need help
« on: 2004-10-30 09:48:49 »
ok 1st hi to all ppl i been here for some time but if i need help some 1 has ask befor me and i dont chat much

ok 2nd i dont have much time right now too find my sys spcs it is a newer 1 but i set up v1.02 and on hardware mode and the texts/fonts look bad real bad i updated my Geforce FX 5700LE drivers and still bad fonts/texts

i willl been back later too give sys spcs if need

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
ok i need help
« Reply #1 on: 2004-10-30 13:02:55 »
Okay look.
Clearly you are not a native English speaker, and that is fine.  No one expects perfect English here.

Spelling errors aside, why don’t you try to use a comma or a period?
The comma can be found next to the ‘M’ key and the period is right next to the comma.

Secondly, you do not need to shorten short words.
May I ask what the point is in shortening “specs” to “spcs”?
You saved yourself from typing one single letter (in two places), but made your entire sentence 3 times more difficult to understand.
The ONLY reason I still (mostly) understand what you are trying to say is because I am a native English speaker and I have seen this crime before.

You don’t have to be a native English speaker to use punctuation.

Now, as for your “question” (was it a question or a statement?), check this thread.

Lastly, this topic belongs in “Game tweaking”, not “General”.

L. Spiro

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
ok i need help
« Reply #2 on: 2004-10-30 13:54:36 »
Woah there skippy, calm the hell down and play nice with the other kiddies, ok?

First of mate, if you could tell us what game you are having problems with it would help alot (FF 7 or FF 8)

Secondly, really you should have waited till next time you came here to post this, so you would have more time to think about your spelling an such.

Either way, No worries, we come from all corners of the globe here :)

Welcome.

Relf

• View Profile
ok i need help
« Reply #3 on: 2004-10-31 18:20:50 »
L. Spiros right though, no need to be telling other people to calm down when they are simply saying that at least some puctuation is expecated, and hes right, it should be.

Nom_Anor

• View Profile
ok i need help
« Reply #4 on: 2004-11-01 14:55:09 »
Quote from: Relf
L. Spiros right though, no need to be telling other people to calm down when they are simply saying that at least some puctuation is expecated, and hes right, it should be.

It's funny watching non-mods act like mods... ^_^

And as for the original post, what do you need help with?? Is if FF7, FF8?  If the fonts look funked out, try using hi-res fonts.  I believe this can be configured for both FF7 & FF8.  I know it works for sure in FF8.  Good luck.

Darkness

• View Profile
    • http://www.x0r.net
ok i need help
« Reply #5 on: 2004-11-01 18:45:39 »
I think its more that some of us know the rules and remember a time when people actually followed them. ;P

Relf

• View Profile
ok i need help
« Reply #6 on: 2004-11-01 20:41:18 »
It's funny watching non-mods act like mods... ^_^

Im hardly acting like a mod, Im just saying that you dont need attack or mock some one for suggesting better typing.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
ok i need help
« Reply #7 on: 2004-11-02 03:52:03 »
I'm massively confused over who's criticizing who here.

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
ok i need help
« Reply #8 on: 2004-11-02 17:30:04 »
Heh...no lie.

Anyway.... The last time I tried the paste and copy thing from the Great FF7 FAQ, on the Game Tweaking forum; it worked. But that was a few Nvidia Drivers ago.

Take a look at it... and give the Rivatuner paste and copy trick a try.
http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=2670

You may have to downgrade your Video Drivers to get the correct results. Nvidia seems to screw them up everytime someone figures out a workaround for it. I doubt the latest and greatest will work... Older is better when it comes to FF7PC.

As for FF8.... I managed to get rid of the Grid lines, once....but I tried it a few months ago and they were back. I'd forgotten what Driver gave me the results I wanted. I think it was a manufacture Detetonator Driver that worked. Gigabyte's Geforce Driver to be more specific. That and the Rivatuner anti-alaising paste and copy trick. Think it was FF0d that got rid of them.....maybe. But like I said before, I tried it a few months ago and it didn't work anymore. Different Driver. I currently have Nvidia's Driver loaded and not Gigabyte's. Maybe, that's why.