Author Topic: Is it me or ????  (Read 3226 times)

ice_cold513

• View Profile
Is it me or ????
« on: 2005-07-07 21:42:58 »
Well i just got this game for my ps2 named
Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam and there is a gundam that looks like diamond and Emerald weapon.
There is a pic of it
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/kidousenshigundamgundamvszgundam/screens.html?page=33

But want to ask what 1 do you think it looks like more if any.

EDIT I never mean to post it in here it just im sleepy sorry

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
Is it me or ????
« Reply #1 on: 2005-07-08 00:47:13 »
Yeah...

Then again, i'm sure ff7 was ripping off Gundam Wing when they made the WEAPONS.  I mean, they look more like robots than mosters anyway =P (with the exception of Saphire)

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
Is it me or ????
« Reply #2 on: 2005-07-08 03:43:14 »
I wouldnt accuse Gundam of ripping off of FF7...

Thats the Quebley. Debuted in Gundam ZZ, or Double Zeta. It was supposed to be a sequel to Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. It's set sometime in the year 0088 of the Universal Century, the more realistic century, as opposed to After Colony (Gundam Wing, G-Gundam...all those crappy shows).

Gundam ZZ came out sometime during the 80's, maybe early 90's at the latest. It was definetly before Char's Counterattack, which came out in 89 I believe, and way before Gundam Wing and the After Colony Century.

In short: No. Square most likely riffed off of Gundam.

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
Is it me or ????
« Reply #3 on: 2005-07-08 04:17:16 »
Um, maybe it is just me, but the two models look nothing alike.

The only similarity is the large plate above the arms (which isn’t exactly a unique idea) and in the Gundum picture there are two vents on one side, essentially because they needed something “cool” to fill the space.

Adding two large plates over the arms of a character (large shoulder pads, basically) is not an original idea (at least not for the last few-thousand years), and when you do add them, you’re going to find a lot of empty space with a need for filling.

Circles aren’t exactly a unique shape and have been used for centuries for numerous things, among which filling space ranks highly.

Emerald WEAPON doesn’t even have actual arms, and Quebley doesn’t have big round feet, nor does he have a giant mouth in his stomach (area).
Both characters have a crest above the legs that connect them to the main body, but what robotic character doesn’t?
Not to mention the fact that the crests are not the same shape, size, proportion, or remote color, and from the back, they aren’t similar at all.

Rather than a case where one holds originality and another borrows from that originality, this is a case where both characters are equally unoriginal, with one of those unoriginal factors being the same (shoulder pads).

L. Spiro

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
Is it me or ????
« Reply #4 on: 2005-07-09 00:24:48 »
Last time I checked I did have arms....

Sorry I just couldn't resist....

My humble apologies :wink:

EW.

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
Is it me or ????
« Reply #5 on: 2005-07-09 02:18:07 »
It has non-bendable appendages without hands.
They may be sticks coming out of his sides, but they aren’t “actual arms” (yes, it has arms by definition, but that is why I used the word “actual” in front of it, which denotes a difference between “arms” by definition and “arms” of actual functional value, capable of moving hands to various locations).

L. Spiro