Author Topic: New link to ff7w?  (Read 2301 times)

magicmanfk

New link to ff7w?
« on: 2008-01-23 20:02:55 »
Hey, I've been searching for hours to find a way to play ff7 windowed, and I downloaded the cetra patch, but it has the problem where when you leave the window then come back, the keyboard stops working. I've been searching around the boards and am seeing ff7w (which I think I used before), but all the links for it are dead! Does anyone know a link that's still working to download it?

Thanks!

magicmanfk

Re: New link to ff7w?
« Reply #1 on: 2008-01-23 20:31:47 »
ok, sorry for the double post, but I found a link to it on ff7-universe.com (which I'm sure I've gone to a bunch of times before... but anyways) now when I try to use it, I just get a black screen with only sound, which is odd because it works fine full screen. I'm using version 1.02us, and I've tried switching around all the configuration settings on the ff7config exe file, and none of it is working... any suggestions? I've tried switching my colors to 16 bit, but that doesn't help the situation.

[EDIT]
Didn't realize you could edit till just now... used to gamefaqs :)

I finally got it working, I just messed with stuff a bunch. I'm running vista, so if I switch it to windows classic, make it 16 bit and check the NVIDIA TNT option (despite the fact I'm using an ATI Radeon graphics card...?), everything works perfectly. My computer looks like crap, but hey, at least FFVII works!  :-D
« Last Edit: 2008-01-23 21:58:47 by magicmanfk »