Author Topic: FFVII: Not possible to change MIDI music volume  (Read 4690 times)

Salk

• View Profile
FFVII: Not possible to change MIDI music volume
« on: 2008-01-19 09:13:50 »
Hello!

I was wondering if any of you might have a solution/suggestion about this problem of mine. I am using a very high quality MIDI card for playing the MIDI only (Yamaha SW1000XG) which does an excellent job and luckily works in-game.

The problem is that I can't seem to regulate its volume, no matter how low/high I regulate its sound output in the Audio mixer panel of Windows.

In the Configuration tab for MIDI, I can test it successfully but even there the Logarithmic Volume Control option is greyed out and I can't move the bar of the Volume Test.

This situation represents itself in-game where I have to have music at 100% volume level (way too much for my taste).

Can I do something about it? Is there a way to "force" the game to run the MIDI at lower audio level by tweaking some .ini file or something?

Thanks for your help!

Olie

• View Profile
Re: FFVII: Not possible to change MIDI music volume
« Reply #1 on: 2008-01-19 11:25:47 »
turn your amplifier down

by any chance do you us a Cap Amp?.

u will notice a little nob just turn it anti-clock wise :)
i doubt a sound card could push an Amp to 100% when its on minimun

Myria kitty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-01-20 02:52:17 »
What about the in-game volume option?

Olie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-01-20 10:42:53 »
i think he already tried that

just turn the amplifier down man. its not that hard

does everythng else really really loud like media player? or winamp?

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-01-21 07:18:48 »
The ingame volume option for Music does not work. No matter if I move it from 100% to 0. It always plays at loudest level.

So far I did like Olie suggested but it's not really a smart solution, is it? And like he said "It's not that hard" (to think about that - in fact I did it myself).

The problem is that I'd want the music to be much less loud than the special effect.

In my current situation sound effects and music plays always at the same volume level.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2008-01-21 07:21:03 by Salk »

Olie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-01-28 01:33:30 »
ooops shit.

rofl i thought u meant audio level was to loud. sorry :P

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-01-28 01:52:03 »
@Salk

A while back I noticed that in the FF7Config if I changed the midi data from General Midi to Yamaha XG Midi that I was only able to adjust the sound level with Yamaha XG, maybe setting your game to play one of the other lgp midi's will allow you to raise and lower the volume.