Author Topic: FF7 : getting bored of Cloud..  (Read 2928 times)

virtual

• View Profile
FF7 : getting bored of Cloud..
« on: 2005-10-24 03:26:27 »
I'm still new at this, so forgive me if this has already been asked and answered.. ^^;

Most of the time Cloud is the 'person' we see and control throughout the game - in locations, cities, world map, etc. Exceptions happen only in certain (and sadly, brief) points in the game.. such as when Cid takes over the team during Cloud's Mako poisoning episode, or when Aeris takes the lead while escaping from the Shinra HQ.

Is it possible to hack the game so that I can have Sephiroth running around the world map, or Red XIII exploring towns and caverns? I'm getting bored of seeing Cloud all the time.

Add the Reunion Patch, and I think this idea would be really cool..

Any thoughts?

EDIT : or better still.. have Cloud in the dress with ponytails running around the world XD

Tsukiyomi

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2005-10-24 05:12:56 »
You can try out the Sephiroth patch which edits sephiroth in place of cloud, but it hasn't been fully completed yet. I forgot where u get it, so just google it and its easy to find.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-10-24 05:13:57 »
Cloud in ponytails would be very do able, we'd just have to take the "girl cloud" ionfo from one file and put it into another.

Having a whole different character take an active role would involve either a complete re-program, OR, just a replacement of every file having to do with cloud, and then editing the lines in the game to corespond with the new character.

It is beyond our capabilities to select a "primary character" on the fly, though.

virtual

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-10-24 05:31:59 »
Hmm.. I don't mind if the dialogues and character-related stuff remain the same - as long as it's not Cloud's sprite running around the world, that's good enough for me ^^

So, how do you "take the Girl Cloud info from one file and put into another"?

Also, I noticed Cid has a funny way of running around. Might this affect the way characters move in the world map if they're exchanged/replaced?

*imagines Sephiroth running like Cid on the grasslands...* LOL