Author Topic: [FF7PC] Remako HD Graphics Mod (AI enhanced field backgrounds) - [cancelled]  (Read 126068 times)

CaptRobau

• View Profile
Hi Salk. Thanks for the kind worst. That means a lot.

I have planned some more work over my Christmas break. I'll probably have a progress update then.

Also, I released an update showing off the HD text and menus I brought over from Aavock's mod. For those who don't follow me on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/6pi-WWxUr4A

Aavock

• View Profile
Nice update CaptRobau.

The reason why the "save" words are shifted in the loading menu is because the character "1" has now the "correct" length (no more extra space). You can correct it by adding a empty space after the "1" character in the ff7.exe.

CaptRobau

• View Profile
Remako is cancelled

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that I have decided to cancel Remako 2.0 and cease development of the mod entirely. I am pulling the plug on this project for various reasons, which I will detail in the blog post below.

For those wondering what will happen to everything I made for the Remako 2.0 patch, please see the blog post as well.

https://captrobau.blogspot.com/2021/03/remako-is-cancelled-and-heres-why.html

I can understand if you are disappointed with me for cancelling Remako. For me this however, this feels like a weight off my shoulders. It's giving me more peace of mind to do the things that do give me energy.

I don't think I will be making any mods anymore. This takes a lot of energy and they need to be maintained and I'm at a point in my life that I really can't find that energy/time (which is why Remako had to be cancelled)

I will however continue to make AI upscaling/sci-fi related videos on my YouTube channel. A video is a more self-contained thing, instead of a big project like a mod, with few if any expectations from the audience. While I do have plans for a regular schedule, if I feel like daily videos one week and no videos another week I can do that if I want to. That's the freedom I need from my creative outlet right now.

Thank you for everything. Making Remako and the accompanying moment going viral is not something I will ever forget.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
Remako is cancelled

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that I have decided to cancel Remako 2.0 and cease development of the mod entirely. I am pulling the plug on this project for various reasons, which I will detail in the blog post below.

For those wondering what will happen to everything I made for the Remako 2.0 patch, please see the blog post as well.

I can understand if you are disappointed with me for cancelling Remako. For me this however, this feels like a weight off my shoulders. It's giving me more peace of mind to do the things that do give me energy.

I don't think I will be making any mods anymore. This takes a lot of energy and they need to be maintained and I'm at a point in my life that I really can't find that energy/time (which is why Remako had to be cancelled)

I will however continue to make AI upscaling/sci-fi related videos on my YouTube channel. A video is a more self-contained thing, instead of a big project like a mod, with few if any expectations from the audience. While I do have plans for a regular schedule, if I feel like daily videos one week and no videos another week I can do that if I want to. That's the freedom I need from my creative outlet right now.

Thank you for everything. Making Remako and the accompanying moment going viral is not something I will ever forget.

It would be utterly ridiculous for anyone to be disappointed in you, its your life.  Thanks for the great work!

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
My deepest condolences my friend! I wish you recover from your great loss! I know how much it takes time for a great loss to recover from. I also don't mind vaporware, my retranslation project goes that way for some years now :) I wish you good luck with other projects and if you ever rethink your decision I'll be here to watch any progress!

Salk

• View Profile
Thanks for the original Remako and for trying to improve it for a long time at personal cost.

You have been also very gracious pointing at the "competition" in your final words and I am sure your dad is proud of you for what you have done and who you are.

Godspeed, CaptRobau.

chch123

• View Profile
Remako is cancelled

Thanks for all the time you put into this, it was a great project and really fun to follow. I worked on a mod myself for another beloved RPG and I understand what you mean about the stress. I spent hundreds of hours just tweaking tiny things and booting the game to check if it worked, etc. It became like a compulsion for the few months I was doing it, so I certainly get what you mean about the stress. Hope you find more joy in your upcoming projects - all the best!

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
Thank you for your hard work sir! It's because of people like you that share our love of the original game, we can go back and enjoy it in greater detail. Original FF7 with mods>Remake, and your mod will always be brought up with "which mod should I install?" If you ask me, that's pretty dope my friend and I think your pops would be proud. Thank you!

CaptRobau

• View Profile
Thank you for the kind words guys!

Xenohart

• View Profile
Thank you CaptRobau for everything you have done for this community. I wish you all the best for the future and salute you for putting the energy, creativity and time into this project without asking for anything in return in the first place. All the best!!

AuthenticM

• View Profile
My condolences, CaptRobau, and I wish you all the best.

PoolHandMan

• View Profile
Remako is cancelled

I'm sorry about your dad, and thanks for all the hard work you've put with the remako mod. You made possible that we could relive our childhood once again but with graphics that we could only imagine it were possible. I hope you're okay. Nobody should be dissapointed with you, on the contrary, you should be praised for all the work. thanks for everything.