Author Topic: [FF7PC] Remako HD Graphics Mod (AI enhanced field backgrounds) - [cancelled]  (Read 126047 times)

CaptRobau

• View Profile
The next release is around the corner. If you can hold off for about 2 weeks you're probably playing 1.0

KorinFlakes

• View Profile
Is it possible to get this working on the steam version? Converting the game to the 98 version is a massive hassle on Linux.

tracido

• View Profile
Is it possible to get this working on the steam version? Converting the game to the 98 version is a massive hassle on Linux.

Thank corporate. It's DRM that forces methods to be used to get injectors into it, so no..

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
No the DRM isn't the problem. Aali said he won't support the re-release and that's it. Maybe the upcoming Vulcan adaption has support for it. Though, R06 seems to come with its own softer downgrade.

tracido

• View Profile
No the DRM isn't the problem. Aali said he won't support the re-release and that's it. Maybe the upcoming Vulcan adaption has support for it. Though, R06 seems to come with its own softer downgrade.

Really? So Squeenix softened the lockout but no one wants to deal with the changes now.. Funny. I remembered having to make an account just to play the dang thing when I first bought, it, ridiculous enough..
« Last Edit: 2019-04-23 07:22:26 by tracido »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
It might be that they forbidden him to support it since they used his code which source he didn't share freely. I replaced the launcher.exe with 7th Heaven and ff7_en.exe with FF7.exe and steam played it as if it was the correct game (though without getting achievements that's handled by the real launcher). Though, of course you need the downpatch and some edits to the registration so it's not a trivial copy paste and replace thing. But with a straightforward method the whole launcher and login shit can be replaced. I think that's what the next reunion version will do. All what's left to do would be to edit achievements.dat when certain conditions are reached.

tracido

• View Profile
It might be that they forbidden him to support it since they used his code which source he didn't share freely. I replaced the launcher.exe with 7th Heaven and ff7_en.exe with FF7.exe and steam played it as if it was the correct game (though without getting achievements that's handled by the real launcher). Though, of course you need the downpatch and some edits to the registration so it's not a trivial copy paste and replace thing. But with a straightforward method the whole launcher and login strawberries can be replaced. I think that's what the next reunion version will do. All what's left to do would be to edit achievements.dat when certain conditions are reached.

I think I get you, it was a team effort to crack it, they then even stole the work done to fix the game, gave no credit to anyone, and folks would rather not deal with it further after their response.

I don't care really about achievements, I just wish I didn't need so much RAM to run a lot of mods (Thankfully I have 32GB's).. lol Good news to hear, though for those who like that sort of thing.

« Last Edit: 2019-04-23 08:58:10 by tracido »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
I'm pretty sure they made a deal with him, because the regular updates suddenly stopped and a few promised feature of the next version were then present in the re-release. Like the ogg support. So they had access to code nobody else except Aali had his hands on. Well the past is the past and now is now, this is no excuse that 7H doesn't work with the re-release, because the driver isn't a real dependency for it, only for the texture replacement. Well, actually the re-release can be moded with umod (the last version of textmod) or even Kaladiens tools. But the texture output is full with garbage. So I didn't look further into these tools.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-23 13:55:05 by Kaldarasha »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
then even stole the work done to fix the game
It wasn't stolen. Not going further into this because it isn't my story to tell, but the rerelease was 100% on the up-and-up.

tracido

• View Profile
I'm pretty sure they made a deal with him, because the regular updates suddenly stopped and a few promised feature of the next version were then present in the re-release. Like the ogg support. So they had access to code nobody else except Aali had his hands on. Well the past is the past and now is now, this is no excuse that 7H doesn't work with the re-release, because the driver isn't a real dependency for it, only for the texture replacement. Well, actually the re-release can be moded with umod (the last version of textmod) or even Kaladiens tools. But the texture output is full with garbage. So I didn't look further into these tools.
It wasn't stolen. Not going further into this because it isn't my story to tell, but the rerelease was 100% on the up-and-up.

Yeah, I had no choice but to get into 7th Heaven's setup or I was never going to see better field maps.  I honestly don't care about who's getting or not getting paid, it's nothing but capitalist barriers between my purchase and proper modding enhancements.  If everyone was working together without competition to ensure the best experience was an option instead, this wouldn't be such a mess..

KorinFlakes

• View Profile
Well I certainly feel your pain on that one. I bought the re-release (before it's steam release) and went to download it again a few years later only to realise it "apparently" expires  :|. Didn't realise I was buying a temporary edition of the game. I wasn't going to re-buy it on steam after that, but the inner collectionist in me gave in and I promised myself it was the last time I'd pay Square for FF7.

tracido

• View Profile
Well I certainly feel your pain on that one. I bought the re-release (before it's steam release) and went to download it again a few years later only to realise it "apparently" expires  :|. Didn't realise I was buying a temporary edition of the game. I wasn't going to re-buy it on steam after that, but the inner collectionist in me gave in and I promised myself it was the last time I'd pay Square for FF7.

I have bought this game since the PSX days on it's release date day, continuing to re-buy it over and over, again, and again as I moved and lived life..

I have the PC 4 disk version, Steam's, and PSX phys copies even now..

Square is not Square, it is a conglomerate company now, and they should have just made the PC version open sourced at this old age for modders and let it be.

alfistrifes

• View Profile
guys, can u help me installing remako without using 7th heaven ? i know the modding file is on flevel.lgp, i already extracted the flevel.lgp but the file inside can't be replaced or rebuild with the remako mod file, it said coz a limitation of lgp size.. anyone can help me? sorry for my bad english

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
The files doesn't go into the flevel.lgp. it needs the texture replacement of Aali's DLL, hence why there is a recommendation for the Steam game to downgrade it.

tracido

• View Profile
It's an aali driver bug for black section, nothing you can do so far.
it's not enhanced because the "char" files haven't be filtered in is pack

Your great work on that /char folder functions in all field background mods, however, you are right, this glitch is just with aali, in all versions.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Hey! Thanks for the brilliant work, this will change a lot the whole game experience. Is there any progress for the 1.0?
« Last Edit: 2019-05-14 18:14:03 by KuraudoNEW »

kekko1285

• View Profile
Is there any progress for the 1.0?

Yeah, I'd be very interested in knowing that too!

Fewtch

• All good things in time
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
Yeah, I'd be very interested in knowing that too!
Unless something happens to slow it down, it should be out by this time next week.

CaptRobau

• View Profile

kekko1285

• View Profile
That's a great news! Thanks!

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Great news CaptRobau!

Unwise Owl Tattoo

• View Profile
I fixed it. Great mod!
« Last Edit: 2019-05-17 04:28:40 by Unwise Owl Tattoo »

CaptRobau

• View Profile
Good news, everyone!

1.0 is available for download! A big improvement over the original beta release, the 1.0 update is chockful of great graphical improvements to Final Fantasy VII.

Check out the release post on my blog for all the relevant information:
https://captrobau.blogspot.com/2019/05/remako-mod-version-10-released.html

kajerlou

• View Profile
The yuv.frag link seems to be down.

Manakaiser

• View Profile
Could you mayb post a few comparisons between beta and 1.0