Final Fantasy 9 > FF9 Tools

[PSX] Online viewer / exporter - Rɘverse FF9 (0.0.4b)

<< < (3/11) > >>

Covarr:

--- Quote from: tasior2 on 2015-02-20 11:44:05 ---Yes it's a tool but since there is message to 'NOT create new threads here.' in Tool forum I posted here:)

--- End quote ---
That's an old remnant from a time when people kept creating troubleshooting threads, idea threads, and threads without releases in the tools. I'll reword it a little clearer, but this is exactly the type of thread we do like in tools :D

Anyway, this looks pretty cool. I like that it's browser-based, so users will not need to redownload anything if you update it. UI looks nice and clean, all around this seems like a nice tool.

JBedford128:
This is great. Before I individually manually found the model and default animation pair and extracted from Noesis, but field model textures aren't stored readily readable and you need the texture file and the palette to reconstruct it. Although I didn't have a tool to reconstruct the texture from these two files, but I had a tool that read the PS1 VRAM and could reconstruct it only that way. So I had to go into every field and make a save state. And then my model viewer upscaled the texture which is unlike the PS1/FFIX where it's all squarey.

One suggestion I would make is to be able to select an individual keyframe of the animation. A slider would work.

Mirrorman95:
Where can you download this viewer? Is it only available online, and not accessible by those without an internet connection?

Vgr:
You should probably host the code on GitHub or similar; it even offers a way to have a website directly from the code in one of the repositories! You don't need to do that though, but having the code open-source sure would be nice.

DanTsukasa:
Oh man, this is super cool, also rather nice having it in a web browser.

A few models here and there have the wrong rotation or part of their body is block colour instead of a texture, but still, its looking awesome.

Right now I'm able to export the .db files, but will it eventually be possible to export the models and textures as obj or FBX (to retain animations).

I got really excited with 'world map models' thinking it was going to be the world map itself, are there any plans to implement that at some point, or field environments (surprisingly there doesn't appear to be any tools for viewing FF9's field backgrounds).

First a first release this is a pretty feature-filled tool so far, really impressive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version