Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4931951 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3525 on: 2016-05-01 06:22:44 »
I can confirm this using main installer and curent patches.  Hp plus adds a 25% boost to hp but also has a -25% hp penalty when equipped.

Btw. Great job on this mod!

Ah, this might be the .EXE thing. I'm not 100% sure on the story, but in 7th Heaven there's some sort of hybrid .EXE of Menu Overhaul + an older NT .EXE that gets used when you combine the two mods (I think?) which changes materia equip effects being applied. Problem is, I've changed the brackets used for the 1.4 build; I dropped the 1.3 .EXE so I can build a new one that's a better fit with 1.4, but I think it's still being used for 7H NT + MO?

Alyza, if this is the case, is it possible to drop the merged .EXE from 7H and instead just use the MO one for now? The NT .exe was always optional, and it's not a good fit with the current build anymore.

so its a simple fix. delete the -25 % HP for the materia and itll raise HP up by 25 % lol. Also..... how do we get Clouds in-ate if were only on disc 1 with no access to the highwind?

It's out of my hands; I can't edit catalog files. The IRO I package NT with is different from the 7H Catalog one Alyza makes. As for the innate, I had to downsize it to being only available from Disc 2 onwards (when Cloud is recruited back into the party) because of the limited kernel space.

Oh nevermind I just installed the patch and it worked fine. May I ask, why did Cloud said something like "I feel like I'm forgetting something" when I was in Junon heading to the underwater reactor. I can't remember if this was something that was in the original game or is a New Threat thing. I haven't played ff7 in almost 10 years now so I can't really remember everything with 100% clarity.

It's a vanilla scene, and supposed to hint at the removal of the Junon Cannon (which is being transported to Midgar). It's missing from the skyline behind him when he says it.

Thanks SC--I honestly just don't want to go through hours upon hours of chocobo breeding for the umpteenth time in my life.  I will definitely be uber appreciative when those scripts are fixed!

A quick question about endgame armor--those armlets that seem to be only rare steals in the final dungeon, are there other ways to get them?  I feel like I've been doing a good job exploring/clearing things out without getting chocobos, but I haven't found any of those armlets other than the Imperial Armlet (as that was a drop from a mandatory battle).

I feel ready to go an try and get a few of these if I have to (at least 1 of each so I can maybe finally take off the Crystal gear), since MP Absorb + Contain has increased the quality of endgame life so much.

I'm not sure about their locations, they were placed last-minute with a checklist to try and make everything available. If you're going for them, then avoid using Sneak Glove as this may hamper your chances (the first two 'common' steals have to fail in order to get a shot at the Rare steal).

If we're talking about kernel changes only, then it can be two possibilities:

1) Beacause
2) Field Models - Red Werewolf / WereXIII

Also, when posting mod load order, use the Profile Details button in 7H that way we can actually see what options are turned on/off.

I think it's actually an .EXE change; the HP Plus isn't broken, it's just got a Materia penalty on it that was originally intended only for MP Plus in an older version of the mod.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3526 on: 2016-05-01 07:07:42 »
I need to remove the ff7_nt.exe from the install guide. I don't know if JLOUTLAW is using it though.

That aside, he's using the IRO that is in your OP...not the one from the Catalog. I don't know what's up :|

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: 2016-05-01 07:31:58 »
Was there not like an NT + MO .exe somewhere in the catalog though?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3528 on: 2016-05-01 08:39:40 »
It's in the game converter. We're talking about the same exe :)

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: 2016-05-01 13:40:24 »
I'm not using the New Threat Exe from the 7th heaven. I'm using the IRO. I put the NT April 22 IRO file in the 7th Heaven folder and then set it to New Threat through 7th heaven that way. Also.....is there a new character in NT? Because Ive noticed at the Save point when i go to the rank up menu theres a tenth slot below the others with ?????????
« Last Edit: 2016-05-01 13:45:58 by JLOUTLAW »

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: 2016-05-01 14:40:28 »
I'm not using the New Threat Exe from the 7th heaven. I'm using the IRO. I put the NT April 22 IRO file in the 7th Heaven folder and then set it to New Threat through 7th heaven that way. Also.....is there a new character in NT? Because Ive noticed at the Save point when i go to the rank up menu theres a tenth slot below the others with ?????????
I don't think a 10th character would be possible, given that Sephiroth shares the same character slot as Vincent and Cait Sith shares the same character slot as Young Cloud I don't think having any more than 9 would be viable.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: 2016-05-01 19:03:33 »
With Ziedrich when it says "Halves All Elements", is that supposed to include halving Restorative to stop it from being overpowered or is it an oversight? It also appears that having 2 seperate things that halve an element (E.G Ziedrich and Curse Ring both halving Restorative) doesn't nullify or quarter it but rather it remains at half.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: 2016-05-01 20:02:49 »
Does anyone have any advice on how to maybe make getting steals in the final dungeon a bit easier?

I know they were made to be difficult to get, but I just feel like I'm missing something.  My Level 99 characters have tried stealing for ~20 min in a single fight and have literally gotten nothing.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: 2016-05-01 20:41:27 »

Yeah, but if the materia equip bonuses/penalties have been altered then that's an .EXE change. There's no .exe alterations that I can see in the makeshift IRO I've made, so it must be coming from something else. Is it MO maybe?

With Ziedrich when it says "Halves All Elements", is that supposed to include halving Restorative to stop it from being overpowered or is it an oversight? It also appears that having 2 seperate things that halve an element (E.G Ziedrich and Curse Ring both halving Restorative) doesn't nullify or quarter it but rather it remains at half.

It's intended to nullify every element, including Restorative. These don't stack either, because they're flags. If there's more than one flag though then they can combine (so if you have Absorb + Half, then I think you absorb it but it's reduced by 50% and same goes for Absorb + Weak, you absorb 2x the damage). Null and Half will override each other though based on which one is read first/last (not sure which).

Does anyone have any advice on how to maybe make getting steals in the final dungeon a bit easier?

I know they were made to be difficult to get, but I just feel like I'm missing something.  My Level 99 characters have tried stealing for ~20 min in a single fight and have literally gotten nothing.

So I ran it through the formula:

LV Difference = 40 + 44 (user level) - Target level (90)
= -6

LV Factor = (512 x LV Difference) / 100
=  5.06

Chance = (Item Chance x Lv Factor) / 256
= 0.625% chance for a common item :l

So that's not what I had in mind and it'll need to be greatly adjusted. However, with a Sneak Glove the Lv Difference is always set to 100, so the chance increases exponentially:

= 512

= 12.5%

So it's better to have the Sneak Glove equipped after all, at least for the time being. I'll need to gradually increase the steal chance for enemies going past Lv.44 in order to account for the increasing gap in Level so that it's more like 3-50% or so.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: 2016-05-01 20:58:33 »
Yeah, but if the materia equip bonuses/penalties have been altered then that's an .EXE change. There's no .exe alterations that I can see in the makeshift IRO I've made, so it must be coming from something else. Is it MO maybe?

It's intended to nullify every element, including Restorative. These don't stack either, because they're flags. If there's more than one flag though then they can combine (so if you have Absorb + Half, then I think you absorb it but it's reduced by 50% and same goes for Absorb + Weak, you absorb 2x the damage). Null and Half will override each other though based on which one is read first/last (not sure which).

= -6

=  5.06

So that's not what I had in mind and it'll need to be greatly adjusted. However, with a Sneak Glove the Lv Difference is always set to 100, so the chance increases exponentially:

= 512

= 12.5%

So it's better to have the Sneak Glove equipped after all, at least for the time being. I'll need to gradually increase the steal chance for enemies going past Lv.44 in order to account for the increasing gap in Level so that it's more like 3-50% or so.
Since we don't have access to Dark Cave yet I don't know this but what are the stats regarding Mystile? Is it like a Magical version of the Aegis Armlet or does it do something else? Also will the Micro Engine be added to the Lost and Found vendor?

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: 2016-05-01 21:39:37 »
Since we don't have access to Dark Cave yet I don't know this but what are the stats regarding Mystile? Is it like a Magical version of the Aegis Armlet or does it do something else? Also will the Micro Engine be added to the Lost and Found vendor?

Also Knights of the Round Summon has no name when you cast it, instead of Ultimate end it just reads [                  ] where the attack name goes while casting.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: 2016-05-01 21:50:34 »

It's heavy on both forms of evasion, but has no defensive stats on it I think. Micro Engine will probably drop inside Dark Cave. The KOTR thing seems to be a problem that's popped up during kernel editing; I've had issues in the past where text became corrupted after saving, or somehow grabbed text from previously opened kernels; KOTR's attack was renamed to Crusader, somehow, and in-game displays no text. I've tried changing it but to no avail. I'm counting myself lucky that the kernel still works at all.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: 2016-05-01 22:46:06 »
Regarding the Gold Saucer Special Battle... I'm guessing "It's Hop-less to Resist is a typo"? Either way there's only one thing to say about our final opponent:

What... The... Hell?

I wouldn't have it any other way but that was still surreal.

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: 2016-05-01 23:54:30 »
Well like i said earlier i took out the menu overhaul and reunion and beacause. still no change. its not too big a deal if its only mine i reckon. Not really sure what caused the -25%HP on it but ah well. So if i dont use the main installer how will i be able to apply the patches for the scene and flevel? Do I have to wait til the IRO in the file gets updated to April 29th or later?

Tavarcio

• View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: 2016-05-01 23:58:05 »
At what point of the game should you take on Lucrecia? She's tearing me up with Cloud at lvl 72 and the rest of the party at 65ish

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #3540 on: 2016-05-02 00:10:37 »

= -6

=  5.06

= 512

= 12.5%

Thanks SC--when I did my own rough calculations based on the formula, I was getting somewhere in the ballpark of ~25-30% for my level 99 characters, which made the repeated failures, even for common items, somewhat suspect to me.

I'll go back to trying to get the steals with the sneak glove and see if that gives me any results!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: 2016-05-02 00:49:19 »
Regarding the Gold Saucer Special Battle... I'm guessing "It's Hop-less to Resist is a typo"? Either way there's only one thing to say about our final opponent:

What... The... Hell?

I wouldn't have it any other way but that was still surreal.

It's special.

Well like i said earlier i took out the menu overhaul and reunion and beacause. still no change. its not too big a deal if its only mine i reckon. Not really sure what caused the -25%HP on it but ah well. So if i dont use the main installer how will i be able to apply the patches for the scene and flevel? Do I have to wait til the IRO in the file gets updated to April 29th or later?

Yeah, the IRO is updated within the Main Installer. I'll try and get that done tonight.

At what point of the game should you take on Lucrecia? She's tearing me up with Cloud at lvl 72 and the rest of the party at 65ish

I guess it depends on what equipment is available, but I'd wait until Disc 3 and get some of the stronger pieces together. I think she uses Manipulate status, which you can defend against using some accessories (Hypnocrown and Guardian Ring, I think) and is weak to Holy.

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: 2016-05-02 01:00:01 »
Also the Fort Condor NPC is still not teleporting me to and from Fort Condor. Ive had to run from Junon to Fort Condor and back alone twice to do the 2 battles so far.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: 2016-05-02 02:48:32 »
Also the Fort Condor NPC is still not teleporting me to and from Fort Condor. Ive had to run from Junon to Fort Condor and back alone twice to do the 2 battles so far.

I'll get it fixed (eventually).

I'm in the process of repairing my FF7 1998 install so I can get to using 7H again. I noticed after the Game Converter install that there's now several .EXE files in there, one for MO and a few others for what I'm assuming to be other mods like Sephiroth Story (SS?). Is it possible that your 7H game is loading one of these .EXEs instead of the default one? That'd explain why the Materia equip effect is different even though the mods themselves aren't enabled. I think.

Anyways, going to finish this up and then I'll start on getting a patch together.

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: 2016-05-02 03:06:55 »
i have mine set in 7th heaven to use the MO.exe the one for menu overhaul. i tried just using the normal ff7.exe but everything in the menu looked messed up and the hp plus still had a 25 percent penalty.

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: 2016-05-02 03:31:43 »
Wow..... ok odd. I deactivated everything and i think ive found the source of the issue. the MO.exe itself seems to change the materia effects. Running it off of Bec.exe or FFVII.exe seems to fix the problem. My HP rose from almost 1300 to almost 1700. I wonder if that will make the Fort Condor NPC teleport work now too.....

KorinFlakes

• View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: 2016-05-02 09:59:04 »
I'm having an issue with the field music. I decided to test it out (must have saved after), didn't like it so I changed it back....But it didn't work. Tried restarting, disabling the mod, saving a new game and loading it after re-enabling it, doesn't want to change back to battle. Only way to fix it is load up my other save file from before I changed it. But that save was from so many hours ago, I really don't want to have to play through all of that again.

Any fixes for this issue?

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: 2016-05-02 10:50:29 »
Decided to give JENOVA JUNO a go and it looks like killing either JENOVA LUPER or LANUV either before the main body or at the same time as the arms seems to soft-lock the game. There are many things I can overcome but soft locks just aren't one of them.

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: 2016-05-02 11:54:26 »
I'm having an issue with the field music. I decided to test it out (must have saved after), didn't like it so I changed it back....But it didn't work. Tried restarting, disabling the mod, saving a new game and loading it after re-enabling it, doesn't want to change back to battle. Only way to fix it is load up my other save file from before I changed it. But that save was from so many hours ago, I really don't want to have to play through all of that again.

i had that pop up once. when it happened, i changed it to "normal" at the save menu and then ran 2 screens away, that changed it back for me....

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: 2016-05-02 17:30:11 »

I think the way it works is that it doesn't update until you've entered a new screen.

Decided to give JENOVA JUNO a go and it looks like killing either JENOVA LUPER or LANUV either before the main body or at the same time as the arms seems to soft-lock the game. There are many things I can overcome but soft locks just aren't one of them.

Did you use Quadded Ultima with HP or MP Absorb by any chance? http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Quadra_Magic_Ultima_glitch
Despite what the Wiki says, it does occur against Jenova Synthesis (and anything else with multiple parts).

If that wasn't used, then I'll have a look at the AI and see what's going on.