Author Topic: [FF7PC][FF7_SYW_Unified] 1.08 (2024/04/13) - PC installer + Steam deck + iros  (Read 56087 times)

ssjkakaroto

• View Profile
Hi satsuki, is there just an update patch from 1.04?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
@ssjkakaroto
no only a full version (an update weigth would have been more than 7go anyway)

@Frank1984
italian translation is included in version 1.0.5, go to 'gameplay mod' then choose 'italian translation'

Frank1984

• View Profile
Thanks!!!
but today I tried and it made this error, could you tell me what caused it, and if so, correct it for the next version?

https://ibb.co/BNBDnKd

Immagine-1" border="0
« Last Edit: 2024-03-13 19:35:48 by Frank1984 »

Frank1984

• View Profile
I tried again with the Default settings and it worked fine.
I think it's due to some conflict with another option that is enabled. Can you find out what it is?

rumble1starter

• View Profile
After I click "Play FF7" in the settings app, it does its thing but the game doesn't launch. I tried with Default and Powerful Presets and a split-second black screen flashes then disappears. Also, after that, every time I open the settings app or launch FF7 from the dedicated shortcut, it asks me if I want to load the last used preset.

I tried nearly all rendering settings such as Automatic, OpenGL, Vulkan and Direct3D 9,11,12 but when I click play and it's time to start the game, black screen quickly flashes and disappears. FF7.exe and FF7_SYW_Unified.exe process starts but then quickly closes when I check task manager. It's as if something is causing FF7.exe and FF7_SYW_Unified.exe to close and not run properly. I have a Radeon graphics card if that matters at all.

I completely uninstalled previous versions of SYW and it's a totally clean install. FF7 version is from Steam if that matters. Vanilla Steam version of FF7 launches fine from Steam App, of course with no mods.

Any ideas on what could be the problem? I've never had a problem with launching the game using your previous packs.
« Last Edit: 2024-03-13 22:38:52 by rumble1starter »

rumble1starter

• View Profile
I tried uninstalling FF7_SYW_Unified 1.05 and then installing it into a different folder name than the default one of FF7_SYW_Unified. Now FF7 launches but it's at the lowest resolution 480p without any mods applied.

How could simply changing the folder name enable the game to be launched? Any idea on what is happening? As far as I can tell, there are no logs being generated to give a clue as to what is going wrong.

Please help

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
@Frank1984
looks like it's 16/9 stretched option related, i'll trys to replicate that asap
[edit]it is related to combination of italian translation + 16/9 stretched FFNx's option. i'll correct if for upcomming release[/edit]

@rumble1starter
FF7_SYW_Unified.exe's closing when you launch the game is not a bug.
if ff7.exe open then close, look at FFNx's log in the 'game' folder it can help solving the issue.
if you're only changing the game's default folder then the game launch without any option, it's probably related to right management on your computer, nothing i can do here
« Last Edit: 2024-03-14 06:56:39 by satsuki »

Frank1984

• View Profile
Thanks. You are very kind to answer. So let me ask you another question: where are the game saves placed?
Thanks again.

PS:
However, the problem above is not really serious, it is unbearable. If you can't, or it complicates things for you, forget it, that's fine.
« Last Edit: 2024-03-14 13:56:14 by Frank1984 »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Thanks. You are very kind to answer. So let me ask you another question: where are the game saves placed?
Thanks again.

PS:
However, the problem above is not really serious, it is unbearable. If you can't, or it complicates things for you, forget it, that's fine.
I need to solve it as it's a real bug, it could impact other future modsfound and solved, will be fixed in 1.06 update
The save are mod dependant, for exemple for italian translation it's in : Mods\Gameplay\50-Italian-Translation\save so each gameplay mod have it own save folder to avoid possible bug
« Last Edit: 2024-03-14 15:19:09 by satsuki »

rumble1starter

• View Profile
I found the problem. Let me explain. I installed 7th Heaven to try to load the game that way, without any mods, and it worked. I then ran SYW Settings, selected the features I wanted and clicked 'Play' and that also worked. Turns out, while installing 7th Heaven, that installer downloads and installs 'vcredist2022' and 'dotnet80desktop' runtime packages, both x86 and x64, so four packages in total. Without one or a combination of those packages, SYW 1.05 will not work properly, for me at least. I can only assume other people already have sufficient runtime packages installed before they use SYW 1.05 and it works fine for them.

Thanks for continuing to improve and support this mod.
« Last Edit: 2024-03-14 20:38:08 by rumble1starter »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
I found the problem. Let me explain. I installed 7th Heaven to try to load the game that way, without any mods, and it worked. I then ran SYW Settings, selected the features I wanted and clicked 'Play' and that also worked. Turns out, while installing 7th Heaven, that installer downloads and installs 'vcredist2022' and 'dotnet80desktop' runtime packages, both x86 and x64, so four packages in total. Without one or a combination of those packages, SYW 1.05 will not work properly, for me at least. I can only assume other people already have sufficient runtime packages installed before they use SYW 1.05 and it works fine for them.

Thanks for continuing to improve and support this mod.
It's not related to that at all because :
-If it was due to .net framework (witch is included inside AIO exe) the launcher won't even launch itseft
-If it was du to some vs reditribuable for either FFNx or my pack, you won't be able to launch it even in low resolution
Great for you it solved this way, but it's nothing related to some 'missing libs'

Frank1984

• View Profile
Ahi! Error.

https://ibb.co/7RDNTcB

IMG-1678" border="0

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Ahi! Error.

https://ibb.co/7RDNTcB

IMG-1678" border="0
could you try without italilian translation if you're using it ?
have you used the option to save anywhere ?
to try to reproduce it i'll need the settings.ini file and also your save file

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
If no error in english + your setting but error with italian + your settings, then it's related to italian translation, better ask here : https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18903.0

Frank1984

• View Profile
I have various translations into Italian, maybe we can find one that doesn't cause any trouble, and now we have the opportunity to try. Can I send them to you? could you try? be gentle. I'll take care of testing everything.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
I have various translations into Italian, maybe we can find one that doesn't cause any trouble, and now we have the opportunity to try. Can I send them to you? could you try? be gentle. I'll take care of testing everything.
send information by MP and i'll try to make a modpack so you can test all and we keep the better one

ALG

• View Profile
Have tried modding FF7 many times over the years and have largely been frustrated by its opaque and obtuse nature. Glad to see a project like this that makes life extremely simple with clear cut explanations of how everything functions and what it will look like.

I'm curious as to whether there's any way to use the Beacause translation with this? My understanding is it's exclusive to The Reunion but I was wondering if it was possible to use both, and if so, how might one go about doing this?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2024-03-19 19:11:30 by ALG »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Have tried modding FF7 many times over the years and have largely been frustrated by its opaque and obtuse nature. Glad to see a project like this that makes life extremely simple with clear cut explanations of how everything functions and what it will look like.

I'm curious as to whether there's any way to use the Beacause translation with this? My understanding is it's exclusive to The Reunion but I was wondering if it was possible to use both, and if so, how might one go about doing this?

Thanks!
Reunion is a mostly closed project and his author... well... logn story short i won't include it in any way to my AIO pack

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Version 1.06 update (dl links page 1):
-Updated FFNx version 1.18.1.40
-Updated Como Memory version 1.14
-Updated Black Chocobo version 1.15.0.4.1
-Updated New Threat mod version 2.0.99994
-Fixed "Always run" patches causing crashes if used simultaneously with footstep sounds
-Fixed "True wait" patches causing crashes in combat (French versions only)
-Fixed the mog game screen in the Gold Saucer in 16:9
-Fixed cutscenes having incorrect audio tracks when using Cosmo Memory (except intro)
-Fixed crash in Gi Cave with the French version of the New Threat mod
-Fixed missing '@' in Aavock's UI
-Optimised alignments in menus with the 30,000 HP/MP option
-Added a button (in the "Help" section) to create a debug archive you can provide in case of bug report

frankollini

• View Profile
howdy!
i was trying to install these mods through 7th Heaven, and they all downloaded and played fine except for the Unified Field Textures. what happens is once it's done downloading (ie. the progress bar fills up), it remains on a 'downloading' state, whilst the 'time left' field turns negative. apparently this also happens when i try to download the Cosmos FMV mod, as seen below:

I'm aware this is more likely a problem with the 7th Heaven software than with the mods, but i'm here to ask if there happens to be an installer solely for the Unified Field Textures that I can download from somewhere else and install myself?

EDIT: i've searched around and I think what I need is the .iros files, which are conveniently linked in the first post, so i'm gonna try that.

EDIT: got it working! only thing is that the .iro file is 3 versions below the current one (1.30), so if there's a place i can get the updated version please let me know. thank you for your trouble!
« Last Edit: 2024-03-22 21:33:26 by frankollini »

Frank1984

• View Profile

Trying this new version was the excuse to try to start with some changes to the settings that I made previously. https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=21616.msg291592#msg291592

1. I have not inserted any Audio changes
2. I haven't turned on V-Sync
3. I have not changed the game speeds
4. I didn't check skip intro fmv
5. I gave the flower to Tifa instead of the little girl, but I don't think this has any influence.

...the Game moved on, now it works!!!

Frank1984

• View Profile
Until my save I no longer encounter any errors. I can edit anything. Apply any mods. I'm happy. I will continue the beta testing

(I kindly apologize for the consecutive post.)
« Last Edit: 2024-03-24 21:45:00 by Frank1984 »

Final_Figue

• View Profile
Hello Satsuki.

Recently I noticed that your mod has a transparency option for the menu:

Right now I using 7th and I didn´t find an option or mod that applies this for the classic menu style. Do you have this menu in a Iro? Could you share it, please?
« Last Edit: 2024-03-27 13:08:08 by Final_Figue »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Hello Satsuki.

Recently I noticed that your mod has a transparency option for the menu:

Right now I using 7th and I didn´t find an option or mod that applies this for the classic menu style. Do you have this menu in a Iro? Could you share it, please?
it's not menu dependant, it's only a couple of hext lines from FFNx's hext folder witch can be appliyed to any mod.
not sure if a mod provide it or if you can apply it from 7th FFNx's setting, but you could easily do your own iro for it and share ikt with anyone ^^