Author Topic: customize controls freezing  (Read 1742 times)

brewchowski

• View Profile
customize controls freezing
« on: 2020-05-04 14:06:18 »
Hi folks, thanks to everyone for working so hard and creating something absolutely astounding.

I've read through the threads and I'm at my wits end trying to set up my DualShock controller. I've followed the steps below to a T. I can't seem to customize the controls in the game--when I go to select "customize" the game freezes. I've downloaded ds4windows, made my controller the primary, downloaded xinputplus, changed the inputs on the controller. If I select "nokeyboard+std gamepad" on the launcher settings, the controller won't work. If I select "steam original" and try to change the inputs myself in game, the game freezes when I go to customize the controls.

anyone know what I can do? This is the last step I need to enjoy this game and it is killing me!

Here's the thread of directions followed:

https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19588.0

brewchowski

• View Profile
Re: customize controls freezing
« Reply #1 on: 2020-05-04 14:55:27 »
Edit: So, I can get to customize controls, but the ps4 controller still won't work.

I can confirm that I've gotten it to work with steam FF7, but there are no input responses from the ds4 controller when launched with 7th heaven. To get it to work with steam I had to change the profile configuration to global. Is there a step I'm missing?  Can anyone help?

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
Re: customize controls freezing
« Reply #2 on: 2020-05-04 19:04:25 »
for me I just plugged in the controller and it worked as is.  it may not be recognised as a ds4 controller but does function in the game.  Albeit with different mappings to xbox controllers.