Author Topic: Texture injections  (Read 2692 times)

Costa07

• View Profile
Texture injections
« on: 2009-09-06 00:26:21 »
Can someone help me out im trying to use Aali driver texture injection but cant seem to get it to work i change the first pixel to EXTopac. Then i name my PNG opac_00 but all that shows up is a plain black texture instead of the one i was trying to put in. I dont know what im doing wrong any help would really be appreciated

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: Texture injections
« Reply #1 on: 2009-09-06 00:34:11 »
Can someone help me out im trying to use Aali driver texture injection but cant seem to get it to work i change the first pixel to EXTopac. Then i name my PNG opac_00 but all that shows up is a plain black texture instead of the one i was trying to put in. I dont know what im doing wrong any help would really be appreciated

I already told you it doesnt work properly for battle textures

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-09-06 00:49:56 »
Hmmm i wonder y not ok so how did you get that texture in can you tell me step by step sry to be buggin but i really want to figure this out so i can get to work

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-09-06 01:04:33 »
do you have any errors in your APP.log?  Also, is your PNG 32/24 bits, if you use anything smaller it won't work correctly.

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-09-06 01:26:19 »
Yeah i made sure they where 32 bit but all the app log says is unsupported texture format. But I'm trying to change the textures in the battle scene found in the battle.LPG. The one I'm trying to repace is opac which is the ground texture for the first battle opaa. Maybe because its a battle scene texture you cant replace it with texture injections or maybe I'm doing it wrong. Maybe you could try to replace one since you know what your doing and let me know if its really not possible or how to do it.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-09-06 02:04:59 »
Ok honestly i dont know what your problem is but i just used img2tex to put a 1024x1024 24bit texture into the exact file you were trying to do.

So here are the steps.

Open the bmp of your new texture in img2tex (make sure it is a 24bit bmp)
Click save texture
type opac in the file name box
copy the file into the folder that you used to extract battle.lgp
remake battle.lgp
copy back into final fantasy folder where it belongs