Author Topic: Let E3 2013 begin!!!  (Read 18616 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: Let E3 2013 begin!!!
« Reply #25 on: 2013-06-11 23:40:33 »
Unfortunately we are not able to record 1920x1080 resolution on ps3... it doesn't allow it except for up to 480p recording... otherwise I would love to make a playthrough on the remastered KH...

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #26 on: 2013-06-12 01:34:29 »
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/stage-1-day-1/ go @2:20:24 & @3:54:53 Hell yeah! This is Donkey Kong!!!

@2:37:57 Bayonetta 2 playing live in Nintendo game booth
@2:57:48 KH 1.5 Re-mastered booth
@2:58:21 Lady Kratas!!! Haha that's for you Alyza
@4:16:50 Lightning Returns booth
@4:17:24 Ninja Gaiden Z booth

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/livecam-tour-day-1/ go @12:31 Lightning returns, FFX HD, KH 1.5, booth gameplay
@23:40 Awkwardly staring at the female game booth representative for over a minute duh!!! :D
@35:44 Always capturing the beauty of E3 ("I'm a separate entity") lol!
@39:46 Back to the beauty :P
@49:57 Zelda Wind Waker HD booth side by side comparison

FINAL FANTASY XV 2013 プレイヤブル ムービー
BLOODMASQUE E3 2013 Trailer
« Last Edit: 2013-06-12 03:40:34 by LeonhartGR »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #27 on: 2013-06-12 07:14:04 »
Does square enix still deliver?  I scrutinize so much, but i want more good games.  i will make purchases if required.

Cazador

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2013-06-12 13:10:30 »
Square has really stepped up this year. Both KH3 and FF15 look incredible..maybe they'll finally stop all the FF13 crap.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2013-06-12 16:21:01 »
An interview with Tetsuya Nomura regarding KH3 and KH 1.5
Interview 1: Tetsuya Nomura with Square Enix Members
Tetsuya Nomura: Hi.
-- We're going to start off with a little bit of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX chat. Can you explain how you came up with the idea of Kingdom Hearts and how the name originated?
Nomura: Originally, I wanted to find a title that fits Disney, because it's a Disney video game. When I thought of this game I thought of amusement parks and I wanted to make something kind of like through Disney Land. So, "Kingdom" was the first name that came to my mind. The development team was calling it as a kingdom. But I couldn't get the IP of "Kingdom". So, we thought about "Heart" as a core part of the story, and we combined them together.
-- How it’s meant to work with Disney?
Nomura: Originally our producer Hashimoto became friends with Disney (they shared the same office building), and chatted with people from Disney. We decided it would be great to make a game together. This is how the franchise was born. Our relationship with Disney has been good, working together for 10 years, and we still have the same counterpart at the Disney site. We have heated discussion (laughs). But the relationship has been good.
-- Can you let fans know what’s been involved in the process of remastering Kingdom Hearts for the HD 1.5 ReMIX?
Nomura: KH1 was created a long time ago, so actually the original data was missing. We had to research and dig out from the games and recreate everything. Then, we had to redo the graphics, and it was actually not that easy.
-- What makes this a definitive Kingdom Hearts experience? Especially because this version was never released in North America, it’s going to be the first time for people to experience this package.
Nomura: The Final Mix version of KH was available in Japan, just not NA and Europe. I had a vision that I eventually wanted to make them available everywhere-- all over the world. There are many additional elements in FM that were not seen by the other territories, so this became a big chance. We added two games and one movie as a package, as HD 1.5 ReMIX, and now everyone over the world can share the complete KH world.
-- What is your favourite character and enemy in the Kingdom Hearts universe?
Nomura: Master Xehanort is definitely one of my favorites. And in KH1, Ansem was my favorite.
-- Was there any characters or worlds that were cut at any time?
Nomura: The Jungle Book is one world that we always try to insert, but due to various circumstances it always ends up being cut.
-- What does HD 1.5 ReMIX remix mean in relation to Kingdom Hearts III?
Nomura: Because we decided to make Kingdom Hearts III, we decided to make HD 1.5 ReMIX. So basically, it shows my determination to Kingdom Hearts III. To the fans, I want to make sure that everyone plays HD 1.5 ReMIX in preparation for Kingdom Hearts III
-- Pre-order Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX, and get a free 24-page art book which includes new sketches. Also, get a never before seen sketch by Nomura-san!
-- On to the Kingdom Hearts III questions, what new worlds can we expect in Kingdom Hearts III?
Nomura: (laughs) I’m not allowed to say what will be coming in Kingdom Hearts III, but each time when I select the worlds for the game I choose some stable choices that are accessible for the game and the story, and I try to insert surprising factors. I want everyone to be surprised to see that particular world. For Kingdom Hearts III I want to make sure that there will be a lot of surprises.
-- Can you speak of the new battle system at all?
Nomura: For the previous KH’s titles, especially for KH1 and KH2 (core games), I want to make sure that evolution is occurring. For the spin-off games, I wanted to experiment with new challenges and new skills. Because this is a core game, I feel like there are appropriate game styles. KH2 had a game system that was well received by the KH players, and Kingdom Hearts III will follow this system. However, due to the experiments in the spin-off titles, we would like to incorporate the well-received changes of these games.
-- Will we see any new FF characters? Will we get a chance to play as King Mickey?
Nomura: The appearance of FF characters is pending. For a while, the previous titles didn’t have any FF characters, and I think it’s time to include some. I know everyone wants to play as King Mickey, so I will take that into consideration. Of course Sora will be the main character to play; it would be nice if other characters are playable as well.
-- Any plans for multiplayer in Kingdom Hearts III?
Nomura: Multiplayer elements are also under consideration. We are also looking into online capabilities. We will announce more details regarding this at a later time.
-- Will summoning be returning to Kingdom Hearts III?
Nomura: Yes. Summon is going to be available, but in a very different form. In previous titles, Disney characters could be summoned. But in Kingdom Hearts III, it will be a completely different system.
-- Is this the end of Organization XIII and Nobodies as characters?
Nomura: Yes, the battle against Organization XIII will end in this title. I don’t know about Nobodies. But, Master Xehanort is the one that organised the Organization XIII and the battle against him will be the end.
-- Will we actually get to see Kingdom Hearts?
Nomura: I don’t want to say too much, but Kingdom Hearts has appeared occasionally in the last 10 years of the franchise and I think it will appear again...
(Nomura remembers something he wanted to say about the worlds in KH3.)
Nomura: For Kingdom Hearts III you may notice there is a technique called “shader”. Using this tool, restriction of characters have been definitely changed, and the texture which is to be put on the surface of the model has been used to describe the Disney characters and to make it similar to the Disney characters that people are familiar with. For Kingdom Hearts III, we will use a different “shader” for different worlds, so it would look natural to match these worlds.
Read more: http://kh13.com/news/37026-nomura-interviewed-about-kingdom-hearts-iii-hd-1-5-remix#ixzz2W1HJp6FH

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #31 on: 2013-06-12 22:40:42 »
The really interesting part is that it will be an actual remake and not just a re-mastered version!

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2013-06-12 23:54:15 »
The really interesting part is that it will be an actual remake and not just a re-mastered version!

What's a remake? You mean 1.5?

It's a HD remaster of Final Mix with the higher quality models from the PSP and 3DS and some cleaned up textures but with some changes not a from scratch remake, that'd be be asking a little too much.

There's loads of comparison pics and vids on the net, it looks cleaner and sharper but doesn't actually look all that different.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #33 on: 2013-06-13 00:21:30 »
What I judged from Nomura's quote:
"KH1 was created a long time ago, so actually the original data was missing. We had to research and dig out from the games and recreate everything. Then, we had to redo the graphics, and it was actually not that easy."

is that it is a remake... in the actual video from E3 we can see Sora's hair moving... I wish I'm not wrong and this is not just an FMV...
« Last Edit: 2013-06-13 00:23:08 by LeonhartGR »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #34 on: 2013-06-13 02:13:26 »
its not a remake in the traditional sense

because that would mean changed content, not just changed visuals.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2013-06-13 02:31:43 »
Good enough for me.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #36 on: 2013-06-13 03:57:13 »
Ok I get your point there... I guess what I meant was that it won't going to be a just simple upscale port... we pretty much address the same point here :)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2013-06-13 14:33:26 »
I think the best term is "reimplementation".

I'm glad though. It means they probably borrowed the camera code from a newer game, so we won't be following Sora into corners and shit anymore.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #38 on: 2013-06-13 15:06:00 »
I proclaim the winner of E3 MGS5 its the only thing i have seen so far im even intrested in.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #39 on: 2013-06-13 17:18:17 »
Im amazed MGS is even still a thing
Kojima seems to try really hard to make it a not-a-thing-anymore with the hilarious writing

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2013-06-13 17:44:25 »
Im amazed MGS is even still a thing
Kojima seems to try really hard to make it a not-a-thing-anymore with the hilarious writing

The writing of Mgs4 was so bad it made me sell my PS3.  Somehow it managed to get 10/10 and rave reviews, and people still try and convince me that it was a masterpiece in story telling.  I recently went and played MGS1 again... the writing was better than I remembered.  The script made sense, was coherent, and intelligent.  It's everything MGS4 was not with its deux ex machina coming out of Hideo's eye balls.  I don't know what happened to Hideo, perhaps like the Matrix writers it all went to his head.  Maybe MGS became bigger than him, and he got too clever.  I do know the rot started in MGS2 with that silly arm business, and Raiden, but any credibility still left was flushed down the loo with MGS4.  The gameplay wasn't up to scratch either when you compare to MGS1-3. It was lazy all over, badly designed, badly written, and appealed to nostalgia.

Its success has truly baffled me.  It was amazingly successful.  But the true test will be that of time, and it's gonna go the way of the Dodo.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-13 17:47:10 by DLPB »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #41 on: 2013-06-13 19:01:03 »
MGS writing is still better than the nonsense Nomura produces nowadays.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2013-06-13 19:37:41 »
Ahh the old Metal Gear Solid. Psycho Mantis reading my memory cards was the most amazing thing to me as a child.

StickySock

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2013-06-13 23:03:30 »
I proclaim the winner of E3 MGS5 its the only thing i have seen so far im even intrested in.

Really? For me it was the Witcher 3. Monolith's X, Infamous Second Son, Knack, FFXV, KH3, Beyond Two Souls, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed 4 (my shameful admission, but my interest is to a way lesser extent than the rest due to it being like the sixth game during PS3 lifespan) and some others I was interested in as well.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #44 on: 2013-06-13 23:22:29 »
...so we won't be following Sora into corners and sh*t anymore.

Haha!

I also downloaded the new Tekken, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD from the playstation plus for free yesterday. I like the way they took advantage of Tekken to make money... "let's give the game for free to people and they can play with virtual coins and tickets that they can win in game or buy with real money..." tricky but nice thought since we have it for free! Playstation plus is having a blast the last days with awesome free games like "The call of Juarez", that noone wrote much about and much more really nice offers!!!

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #45 on: 2013-06-14 01:11:09 »
Realm Reborn developers rock! They kept all previous users profiles, literally gave away the new game to the previous users and re-made the whole world of the game! I feel extremely lucky for purchasing the first game!

Day 3 favorites:
Evil Within, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Tales of Xillia, Murdered: Soul supspect, Pacman and the Ghostly adventures, The realm reborn, Tekken Revolution, Oddworld remake, Dragon's Crown, The Walking Dead 400 days interview, Puppeteer,  Magic the gathering 2014

XBOX ONE Press Conference Rant (Tear This Motherf*cker A New One Edition)

I'M STICKING WITH MY PS3!!!
by Julio Garcia aka The homeless gamer (I love this guy!)
« Last Edit: 2013-06-18 20:16:38 by LeonhartGR »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2013-06-19 17:34:19 »
Nomura explains FFXV's move to next gen.

Sorry S-E, but I read this as "We're still operating on the assumption that our fans are nothing but graphics whores, so we had to delay the game for better graphics."

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2013-06-19 17:42:16 »
Looks like: Final Kingdom My Cry.  :?

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2013-06-19 19:53:21 »
I am excited for XIV, Destiny, Pokemon X & Y, Donkey Kong, and The Legend of Zeda: A Link Between Worlds. A link to the past was the first Zelda game I played/beat so i am VERY excited for this sequel. Oh and also Super Smash bros. Mega. Man. Finally.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2013-06-19 20:57:18 »
Xbox One-eighty

Basically the same DRM as the 360 now. They shouldn't have needed this backlash to get this right, but at least they listened.