Author Topic: [FF7] LGP-Editor - Highwind (1.21) (Discontinued, use LGP/UNLGP)  (Read 57486 times)

_Ombra_

• View Profile
    • http://www.sadnescity.it
Re: Highwind 1.13 - .net FF7 LGP-Editor
« Reply #25 on: 2007-01-24 17:37:43 »
Hey Christian,

it is looking great! I see you left the export to JPEG feature. I just wanna remember that even at maximum size it is not a lossless compression. It could cause troubles to somebody that don't know that. Now:

-The file size is cut off by the scrollbar
-The change and apply button uses smaller text then other buttons (btw... i still don't know what change is for :P)
-Now the program is fast so i think you can show at least 1000 files (i tried with char.lgp... it takes a while :P)
-Offset all in uppercase looks better xD
-When you double click unknown file formats the preview pane still opens up
-Text in the Fileinfos area is unalligned

Everything else looks fine. If you want i'll give it a shot at redesigning the icons for the buttons ;)

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #26 on: 2007-01-24 17:50:01 »
Thanks for your help, ombra, ill see what i can do

Hey Christian,

it is looking great! I see you left the export to JPEG feature. I just wanna remember that even at maximum size it is not a lossless compression. It could cause troubles to somebody that don't know that. Now:

-The file size is cut off by the scrollbar -> Ill fix that
-The change and apply button uses smaller text then other buttons (btw... i still don't know what change is for :P) -> thats ok, change is to save the lgp to a different file
-Now the program is fast so i think you can show at least 1000 files (i tried with char.lgp... it takes a while :P)
-Offset all in uppercase looks better xD -> ill do that
-When you double click unknown file formats the preview pane still opens up -> ill show that open with-dialog
-Text in the Fileinfos area is unalligned -> what you mean?

Everything else looks fine. If you want i'll give it a shot at redesigning the icons for the buttons ;) -> Ok show me your versions.

EDIT:
Ive uploaded a new version, its a bit faster because of less big columns, and some of your suggestions are implemented.
« Last Edit: 2007-01-24 20:36:39 by Christian »

_Ombra_

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007-01-25 03:17:44 »
Everything else looks fine. If you want i'll give it a shot at redesigning the icons for the buttons Wink -> Ok show me your versions.

Ok, i'll give it a shot.

-Text in the Fileinfos area is unalligned -> what you mean?

That's what i mean

EDIT: Here are some icons... it's not really my work but i modified a couple of them to match the buttons on the program. They are a little bigger but you can resize the buttons and maybe make the words shorter, like: Open, Add File, Add Folder, Delete, New, Save, Replace, Extract Selected, Extract All

Hope you like them
Icons 32x32
« Last Edit: 2007-01-25 06:29:40 by _Ombra_ »

_Ombra_

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007-01-29 18:28:18 »
This silence is killing me xD

This probably means 2 things... or a well deserved pause or a new version coming up with great features :D

We'll see ;)

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #29 on: 2007-01-29 18:56:54 »
Thanks for your icons _Ombra_, but i'll just be using them resized to 16x16, because i would have to change the look of the whole program, and i dont like very big buttons.

_Ombra_

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007-01-30 05:29:02 »
That's ok, anyway if you need them 16x16 let me know and i can redo them.

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #31 on: 2007-01-30 12:50:58 »
That would be cool, if you arent too busy you could do that for me :)

_Ombra_

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007-01-30 21:29:58 »
Here you go,

Icons 32x32/24x24/16x16

I even did 24x24, only 4 of them are straight conversions from the 32x32 ones

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #33 on: 2007-01-31 18:36:30 »
@Wiki-Mods: Could someone change the download link for Highwind to "http://christian59.ch.funpic.de/Programmiern/Highwind.rar", because thats allways the newest version. Thx  :-D

EDIT: The current version is 1.13, not 1.04  :-D
« Last Edit: 2007-02-01 15:05:01 by Christian »

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
Re: Highwind 1.15 - .net FF7 LGP-Editor
« Reply #34 on: 2007-05-18 14:03:39 »
Hi, i'm back with a new version, it's 1.15 and in fact there's just one important change: The last files in the archives didnt get proper index entrys and so FF7 couldn't find them.
And there's a hex-editor to edit lgp-content that's not really good, just for testing  :-)
Some other small bugs were fixed too.
Maybe i'll do more changes soon.  :roll:
« Last Edit: 2007-05-18 14:11:33 by Christian »

_Ombra_

• View Profile
Re: Highwind 1.15 - .net FF7 LGP-Editor
« Reply #35 on: 2007-05-20 14:11:48 »
Great man! It's nice to see that you are still working on this great program.

Btw, the window caption still says 1.13 and the link on the first page of the post is missing (and points to version 1.13)

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
Re: Highwind 1.16 - .net FF7 LGP-Editor
« Reply #36 on: 2007-05-20 16:07:00 »
Hi Ombra!  :-)

I fixed that with the link and now the editor can preview the 16bit-textures as well.

PS: I'll be away for a week now, so no updates  :cry:
---
Hi, i've made another new version. I have implemented LZS-Decompression (just when extracting a file atm.).
Maybe someone could test it for me if the LZS thing works because i dont know if it really works correctly  8-)
A Compression implementation will be implemented soon ;)
---
I uploaded a new version.
There was a bug inside the decompression, now its exactly correct i hope Smiley
I also added a decompress function to the contextmenu.
How do i prove if a file is LZS-compressed? My method says that they're compressed even to some non-compressed file, does someone know an easy algorithm for this?
« Last Edit: 2007-07-04 21:52:16 by Christian »

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
Re: Highwind 1.18 - .net FF7 LGP-Editor
« Reply #37 on: 2007-05-26 23:58:48 »
... [Can't i delete my own posts?]
« Last Edit: 2007-07-04 21:53:13 by Christian »

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
Re: Highwind 1.20 - .net FF7 LGP-Editor
« Reply #38 on: 2007-06-16 21:19:17 »
...[Can't find a function to delete]
« Last Edit: 2007-07-04 21:56:01 by Christian »

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #39 on: 2007-07-04 21:56:10 »
Hey guys, i'm working on a LZS-Compression-Algorithm at the moment and theres one problem:
When decoding the lzs-Files i get the real_offset with this formula: real_offset = tail - ((tail - 18 - raw_offset) mod 4096)
but how do i reverse that when compressing, i've got the real_offset and want to get the raw_OFFSET:

kruci

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007-07-17 20:14:49 »
Hi, I little tested Highwind 1.20, but looks like it crash the game.
I have created char.lpg with lpgtool1.60 containing NPC Reconstruction, looks like its works normaly.
So I extracted all files from this char.lpg using Highwind, and created new char.lpg with Highwind. But this new char.lpg crash game. Not immediately, I can little play.
Button new archive give me unhandle exception.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Dokumenty\asd.lgp
so Highwind cant create new file. If I create new file myself, its works, Its ask replace, I give OK, and then no exception.

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
Re: [Release] Highwind 1.20 - .net FF7 LGP-Editor
« Reply #41 on: 2007-07-18 16:20:27 »
Hello kruci, thanks for your bug report.
Can you tell me, did you modify the files of the char.lgp before making the new archive that crashed the game?
And, when did the game crash?
Are you playing with FF7Music enabled? Because if yes, you could look in its log (when its still running after the game crashed) which file was not found / corrupted / whatever.
And, When do you get the exception by pressing new archive? Is it right after you start the program?
Christian

EDIT: The bug with the "New Archive"-Button is now fixed (Download the new build) and i'll try fixing the other bug when you report when it happens and which file was corrupted ;)
« Last Edit: 2007-07-18 16:29:36 by Christian »

kruci

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007-07-18 17:52:21 »
Can you tell me, did you modify the files of the char.lgp before making the new archive that crashed the game?
And, when did the game crash?
Are you playing with FF7Music enabled?
I didnt change char.lgp, I only recreate working one(but not original, containg NPCrec)
Game crashed during testing in cosmo canyon, when I go out, left-down from savepoint, and then enter back, game crashed. Old char.lgp worked.
I didnt use FF7music.

EDIT:
I forget to say.
I extracted flevel.lgp with lgptool1.60 with decomresing all files. Then I wanted create flevel.lpg with Highwind, but Highwind crashed in about 75% of creating file.
Cosme can create new flevel from these, but game then dont work(if I dont unpack files, than it works)

Maybe good function could be multi replace.
« Last Edit: 2007-07-18 18:04:16 by kruci »

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #43 on: 2007-07-18 19:06:59 »
It didtn work with the uncompressed files because FF7 tried to uncompress them but they werent compressed.
Ill try to check the bug in highwind on weekend.

kruci

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007-07-18 21:22:07 »
EDITED:
same error as cosmo, when I set locale to English and create, archive looks like working fine. If I create archive with my original locale(we have "ch" afer "h"), game crash.

If I give export all, so I can select folder, but I cant create new folder,so I must create it manualy.

Cant open archive from emerald, lgp created with cosmo with uncopressed levels, crash without warning/error message.
Cant create archive with files from flevel.lgp uncompresd with cosmo. Crash.
« Last Edit: 2007-07-18 22:34:16 by kruci »

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #45 on: 2007-07-19 14:17:08 »
Thanks for your bug reports.
I will try to remove the bugs, maybe this weekend.

If I give export all, so I can select folder, but I cant create new folder,so I must create it manualy.

Yeah thats a pre-built FolderBrowserDialog, i cant change that.
Try installing the newest .net Framework or something, because when i click that "export all", there's a button "Create new folder" in the bottom left corner of the dialog.

EDIT: I tried extracting all files from flevel.lgp with Highwind and uncompress them at the same time, then make a new archive with those files, and Highwind did not get an exception.
EDIT2: Theres no crash for me when extracting flevel with lgptools and decompressing and then creating an archive with those files with highwind.
But i didnt try if the game works now, i think it will crash because it looks for compressed files.
EDIT3: Yes, FF7 cant load the field backgrounds when they are uncompressed in flevel.lgp, ive checked that.
« Last Edit: 2007-07-19 19:50:08 by Christian »

kruci

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007-07-19 20:27:07 »
I am wondering why it cant create archiv from these on my PC, becouse creating char.lpg looks like works normaly(except locale depending bug). Maybe I have some old version of .NET, or its system dependant(win98SE).
I am wandering why its crash without warning too.

I maybe do some more tests.
« Last Edit: 2007-07-19 20:29:43 by kruci »

kruci

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007-07-20 13:29:01 »
Now it throwed excetption System.OutOfMemoryException, but before not(about 5 tries). Next try it didnt throw exception and crashed.
Out of memory could explain crashes.
« Last Edit: 2007-07-20 13:31:02 by kruci »

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #48 on: 2007-07-21 11:01:44 »
Now it throwed excetption System.OutOfMemoryException, but before not(about 5 tries). Next try it didnt throw exception and crashed.
Out of memory could explain crashes.
That could be because you added files that are bigget than your System Memory (RAM). Highwind loads all files you add into the RAM, try adding not all files at once, than save the LGP, then open it new (important!) and than add some more files.

kruci

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007-07-21 15:25:05 »
I did as you say, created first archive with about 100M of data, close, open, then adding next 100MB of date, but with adding second 100MB of data it creashed.
I have 128MB RAM.

I got strange exception(created 3 archives, 3 times happend)
This ocur only if I give new archive first(no direct add folder, and then save)
I was load about 100M of data, then I clicked save and exception ocured(uncheched backup)
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
I give not quit during exception, I gave continue, checked create backup, and it saved file(saved it to file l.lgp11, but If I am not wrong, its showed patch to file l.lgp).
But before, this was not happen.

Next exception, acces denied, but this I got with other program too, and I really dont know what it do. It began with work with TEX files and replacing them in lgp archives(and using preview).
« Last Edit: 2007-07-21 15:56:10 by kruci »