Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4879046 times)

DeliciousWhales

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.991)
« Reply #11125 on: 2021-12-18 11:51:25 »
I tried New Threat. Got as far as Wall Market, and found random encounters had been turned off. Went back to sector 6, did sewer, train graveyard. Only battle was the boss fight in the sewer. Disabled New Threat, used Ctrl+B a few times to turn random encounters off/on. No difference, random encounters have just not come back at all. Probably will have to drop New Threat and start a new save game if I can't resolve it. Kinda weak. All of my other mods are just graphics mods so nothing else should be touching gameplay.

Back in 2018 Sega Chief posted:

for the small segment where Cloud has left the playpark and is heading south through the scrapyard alone, encounters could be fought in the original game which I disabled and then re-enabled once Barret/Tifa catch up to you

Have to wonder if heading south after being in the park with Aerith caused this. Was it assumed that the only time the player heads south is after the plate falls?

How can I get random encounters to come back on? Would prefer not to restart a new save.

Drayenn

• View Profile
« Reply #11126 on: 2021-12-19 00:37:42 »
I tried New Threat. Got as far as Wall Market, and found random encounters had been turned off. Went back to sector 6, did sewer, train graveyard. Only battle was the boss fight in the sewer. Disabled New Threat, used Ctrl+B a few times to turn random encounters off/on. No difference, random encounters have just not come back at all. Probably will have to drop New Threat and start a new save game if I can't resolve it. Kinda weak. All of my other mods are just graphics mods so nothing else should be touching gameplay.

Back in 2018 Sega Chief posted:

Have to wonder if heading south after being in the park with Aerith caused this. Was it assumed that the only time the player heads south is after the plate falls?

How can I get random encounters to come back on? Would prefer not to restart a new save.

Did you take Enemy Away off of Aerith?

DeliciousWhales

• View Profile
« Reply #11127 on: 2021-12-19 04:15:31 »
Did you take Enemy Away off of Aerith?

lol ok that was easy. I hadn't hanged her materia so didn't notice.

Enemy Away isn't normally available until Gold Saucer, wouldn't have even though to check that.

Randomly putting this on a char without warning isn't great. Some dialogue to say something about it would be helpful.

Drayenn

• View Profile
« Reply #11128 on: 2021-12-20 01:10:21 »
lol ok that was easy. I hadn't hanged her materia so didn't notice.

Enemy Away isn't normally available until Gold Saucer, wouldn't have even though to check that.

Randomly putting this on a char without warning isn't great. Some dialogue to say something about it would be helpful.

Dunno, first thing I do is change up people's loadouts when I get them, probably expects most people who are downloading a mod to be in a similar level of experience and mindset.

Now you'll know for next time

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
« Reply #11129 on: 2021-12-21 20:58:42 »
Just...wow. I love it.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11130 on: 2021-12-22 20:58:03 »
Is there a major difference from 1.5 to 2.0?

I finished 1.5 and did everything I could.

Only thing I really didn't dwell on was the Chocobo Races.

Anyone played both?

Drayenn

• View Profile
« Reply #11131 on: 2021-12-23 04:18:30 »

Anyone played both?

I believe there are patch notes

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11132 on: 2021-12-23 09:46:50 »

Anyone played both?

theres major rebalancing features between the two versions, 1.5 actually has a little more content as some was removed to streamline it somewhat.
Its well worth playing both 1.5 and 2 personally I'd treat them as 2 seperate mods with some simularities.

chopsueii2

• View Profile
« Reply #11133 on: 2021-12-24 20:18:20 »
Hi. I'm trying to install this mod with the reunion. I followed this steps:
Place the unzipped folder into: FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\CUSTOM. In the Options.cfg file of The_Reunion folder, under [CUSTOM] set this line: Mod_ID = New_Threat_2.0
I'm missing the next step as I can't find the New_Translation line:  set the New_Translation option to 'n'

Any ideas?

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11134 on: 2021-12-25 00:46:16 »
I believe there are patch notes

theres major rebalancing features between the two versions, 1.5 actually has a little more content as some was removed to streamline it somewhat.
Its well worth playing both 1.5 and 2 personally I'd treat them as 2 seperate mods with some simularities.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm giving 2.0 a chance and I'm pass the Wall Market...I'm seeing big differences by now!

Drayenn

• View Profile
« Reply #11135 on: 2021-12-25 04:50:02 »
Yeah blew my mind when I didn't have to do any of the crossdressing stuff. Kinda sad tho, I enjoy the silliness, but was just too damn good at battling I guess. Now I just gotta score 0 on the TV ratings apparently, but that's harder than it sounds

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11136 on: 2021-12-25 10:40:49 »
Is cosmo memory that one which adds footsteps or something? I think if it alters the flevel then it isn't compatible with other mods that alter the flevel like this one.

Cosmo Memory is completely compatible with NT 1.5, NT 1.5VC, NT 2.0 and even True Necrosis.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11137 on: 2021-12-25 13:58:54 »
Yeah blew my mind when I didn't have to do any of the crossdressing stuff. Kinda sad tho, I enjoy the silliness, but was just too damn good at battling I guess. Now I just gotta score 0 on the TV ratings apparently, but that's harder than it sounds

Spoiler: show

route depends on Type.  type b skips crossdressing. TypeA Still do it
the thing after the tv thing, square circle triangle left right thingmajig :)
« Last Edit: 2021-12-25 14:00:50 by wdx »

Drayenn

• View Profile
« Reply #11138 on: 2021-12-26 00:10:08 »
is it also true that Ruby weapon's AP for beating him, has been reduced to 3500-4500 ??

i noticed that only Emerald weapon gives you 50k AP now.

So not the TV ratings, the Rufus ratings? That makes more sense I guess, since you have way more control over them.

Also yes, I guessed that type A, the version that stuck closer to the main game, in fact, stuck closer to the main game

Ghaleon

• View Profile
« Reply #11139 on: 2021-12-26 14:26:04 »
Hey guys. Started playing this mod, really awesome work !

I now have to to Bone Village. I'm quite a completionist, and something occurred to me though : it seems I've missed Twin Viper weapon for Yuffie ; apparently it's in Shinra Mansion, so I went back there but can't seem to find it anywhere. Does it have anything to do with the piano ? (I don't really know what its purpose is)

I'm playing the A version, by the way. Thanks for helping.

nuada

• View Profile
« Reply #11140 on: 2021-12-31 08:48:23 »
hi.

is there a way to play NT2.0 in german?

I have also tried to start a translation on my own, but I can't find a way, I have extracted the iro

In New Threat - Sega Chief/flevel.lgp with wich software can i edit the text from  ancnt1.chunk.1, anfrst_2.chunk.1 ect? makoureactor don't work.

and i search also the org. German 98 ff7.exe/(OR German - 0_ff7.exe.txt) i had all collected since bootleg, but my old drive is broken :-(
i have only the steam version but i cant dump the text with touphScript
« Last Edit: 2021-12-31 09:00:33 by nuada »

GoldRidley

• View Profile
« Reply #11141 on: 2022-01-01 23:44:56 »
Please remove Morph completely. 

It adds nothing but an additional layer of tedium and grind that the game absolutely does not need, and as a mechanic it's redundant experience with steal around.  Plus, desirable morphables on bosses?  This forces the player to shift their focus from beating the boss to contriving a scenario where they waste x turns whittling down the last few slivers of HP.  It obligates the player to constantly alt tab to the morphable guide instead of enjoying the game.  It punishes the use of the counter materia, damage over time effects, and anything that takes the late stages of fights out of the "pokemon capture" window.  It generally disrupts the flow of combat and story.  It made the original game worse, and it worsens your mod, which is otherwise a blast!

Drayenn

• View Profile
« Reply #11142 on: 2022-01-03 03:56:11 »
Please remove Morph completely. 

It adds nothing but an additional layer of tedium and grind that the game absolutely does not need, and as a mechanic it's redundant experience with steal around.  Plus, desirable morphables on bosses?  This forces the player to shift their focus from beating the boss to contriving a scenario where they waste x turns whittling down the last few slivers of HP.  It obligates the player to constantly alt tab to the morphable guide instead of enjoying the game.  It punishes the use of the counter materia, damage over time effects, and anything that takes the late stages of fights out of the "pokemon capture" window.  It generally disrupts the flow of combat and story.  It made the original game worse, and it worsens your mod, which is otherwise a blast!

I think you'll find this solution is actually closer to "make morph less essential" rather than "remove morph entirely" because this "pokemon capture window" as you call it, is a reasonable challenge to have for people who want it, the problem is that the rewards are way too high and force people who don't even enjoy it to have to partake.

On that level tho, what are you really missing if you just choose not to morph? That's on you.

Cere

• View Profile
« Reply #11143 on: 2022-01-03 19:54:06 »
Never tried to morph one boss, and honestly i don't want to try that, i don't like the idea at all, i hope that there are no items obtainable only morphing the bosses.

I very like the time i spent trying to morph the normal enemy when i progress with the main story (i don't follow any guide/table), this add another layer of "things to do".

BTW, i very like the option for the enemy don't drop gil.

dogminster

• View Profile
« Reply #11144 on: 2022-01-05 19:25:39 »
Question about end game content--I previously played NT prior to 2.0 (can't remember if it was 1.3 or 1.5) and remember the dark cave end game content. I'm now near the end of a NT 2.0 type A playthrough and I'm wondering if there's similar endgame content anywhere or if it's only for type B.

Thanks for the mods by the way, they've given me a reason to revisit a childhood favorite. 2.0 feels easier than I remember 1.x feeling, but I don't have hard-mode on. In the future, I think a semi-hard mode that increases enemy level/improves enemy AI but doesn't cut exp/gil received would be awesome--I like the challenge but don't like to grind.

Thanks!

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11145 on: 2022-01-06 11:25:09 »
Question about end game content--I previously played NT prior to 2.0 (can't remember if it was 1.3 or 1.5) and remember the dark cave end game content. I'm now near the end of a NT 2.0 type A playthrough and I'm wondering if there's similar endgame content anywhere or if it's only for type B.

Thanks for the mods by the way, they've given me a reason to revisit a childhood favorite. 2.0 feels easier than I remember 1.x feeling, but I don't have hard-mode on. In the future, I think a semi-hard mode that increases enemy level/improves enemy AI but doesn't cut exp/gil received would be awesome--I like the challenge but don't like to grind.

Thanks!
end game content:
 dark cave is not in any version from v2.0 upto at least 2.0991. some of the endgame additional content was removed and some 'reworked' to streamline somewhat

regards semi hard mode and grinding, there really is no need to grind (and above few posts) morph.  morphing some bosses may provide really good items early on, however it absolutely is not necessary, not even so with a lvl7/8 challenge (can disable exp at the very first savepoint).  a mid range difficulty setting you could perhaps if finding things a little easy then you have the option to disable EXP at any SavePoint within the game.  same regards if playing on hard mode and still find fairly easy you can then disable exp to further (somewhat) have more options available for 'difficulty' wise.  You also have the choice of to either use mr smiles (SP Upgrades) or not within both typeA and typeB storylines. using them makes the mod much easier overall. there is so much options available to persons to control the difficulty i believe the choice covers an extremely wide spectrum of players extremely well.
 ps hard mode no sp usage will bag ye a secret ending) also for v1.x  1.x's being much better)

i whole hearty agree its easier than v1.x. the only real grind that perhaps is necessary (not much of thou) if you play on TypeB hard Mode with exp disabled. then some particular enemies will have items that you require to heal/revive). that does not necessary mean via morphing although that would help a ton. :D

Severon

• View Profile
« Reply #11146 on: 2022-01-07 19:15:10 »
Hey hey

Would first like to say, thank you very much for this mod. It breathes a new lease of life into this game.

I've discovered a fatal crash when loading up one the battles.
Im in the Train Graveyard after the sewers and the game will crash when attempting to load the battle. It seems to have something to do with loading Cripshays as the other enemies in their formations seem to spawn correctly in other battles.

In order to replicate this crash:

Boot up FF7 from fresh with just NT v2.0.991 installed
Have a save file in the Train Graveyard
Run around to get the first encounter. It should be 2x Ghosts and a Deenglow.
Escape / Win / Quit to Main Menu
Reload save (or just continue running around) to get the next encounter.
This encounter will crash.

I can't seem to progress because everytime I try reload the save and move towards the next screen I will ineventibly get the crash encounter.
I hope this info helps.
Enter the first fight

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11147 on: 2022-01-09 11:55:45 »
Hey hey

Would first like to say, thank you very much for this mod. It breathes a new lease of life into this game.

I've discovered a fatal crash when loading up one the battles.
Im in the Train Graveyard after the sewers and the game will crash when attempting to load the battle. It seems to have something to do with loading Cripshays as the other enemies in their formations seem to spawn correctly in other battles.

In order to replicate this crash:

Boot up FF7 from fresh with just NT v2.0.991 installed
Have a save file in the Train Graveyard
Run around to get the first encounter. It should be 2x Ghosts and a Deenglow.
Escape / Win / Quit to Main Menu
Reload save (or just continue running around) to get the next encounter.
This encounter will crash.

I can't seem to progress because everytime I try reload the save and move towards the next screen I will ineventibly get the crash encounter.
I hope this info helps.
Enter the first fight

might be helpful to upload your save. are you using 7th heaven to load nt? a workaround which is not the greatest perhaps is to ensure that
 areiths enemyaway materia is equipped
until you get past that area.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11148 on: 2022-01-09 23:59:41 »
Please, if someone knows, let me know what this item does/what's it used for:

Synthesis Cell, apparently you get it once you Morph Jenova-Death but I missed it and I don't want to do that battle again :(

But if it is important I'll redo it...thanks in advanced.

Zantetzulken

• View Profile
« Reply #11149 on: 2022-01-12 17:47:55 »
Is cosmo memory that one which adds footsteps or something? I think if it alters the flevel then it isn't compatible with other mods that alter the flevel like this one.

I can probably do that, I think it used to work that way but maybe I've set the battle flags so that fanfare plays by accident. Will rectify.

Just to answer some of your questions from before, I'll add something to that superboss (I also need to check it over, there's something wrong with it). Core Materia I think is a Magic Materia with tier3 elemental magic and Cure on it but I've been thinking that its placement renders it a lot less useful by that point so will probably move it.

Hey sega chief have a thing i wondering got my game working at all  NT 2.0  type b  played 1.5 before got to kalm flashback but yuffi event dident happen have you altered it out or do just find her on the map as beforeNT 1.5 now just anan chekc if this awasent a bug or something or a somethign wrong in the script