Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v6.0)  (Read 266586 times)

Tirlititi

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v5.2)
« Reply #375 on: 2021-12-03 00:57:47 »
Thanks for the bug report. For Half MP, I thought it was fixed. For the others, I need to search what's wrong.

p1w1x

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2021-12-12 21:48:57 »
Hi! Can I use this mod with the Spanish version of the game (PSX)?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2021-12-12 23:25:36 »
Hello p1w1x.
No, sorry. I didn't make a spanish PSX version of the mod. Even the italian, it seems to have huge dialog bugs.

The PSX version (v3.2) of the mod can be played either in english or in french. Only the PC version (v5.2) can be played in any official language properly (english, japanese, french, german, spanish and italian).

Dalkil

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2021-12-13 21:29:11 »
First of all, thanks for this mod. Modders are always those who keep alive a game.

I wanted to ask if I have screwed my Alternate Fantasy installation, since I think it's as easy as normal and, for instante, Lani didn't have animation for the Elixir (just appeared the name on top of the screen).

https://ibb.co/bvcGN6W

I pasted the folder "AlternateFantasy" in the FFIX main folder (the one with the .exe) and then added the name of the folder to Memoria.ini, but now I'm starting to think that the order in which folders are written in the ini matters?

https://ibb.co/18WqXZg

I might have farmed a lot. I don't know. If this info helps, Dantalian hit me for 800 with his AOE poison+ or the name it has in English version. Also, I know that Lani (the last boss I fought) had the same MP than Vanilla game, that is, more than 4k mp.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: 2021-12-13 21:31:16 by Dalkil »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2021-12-13 21:47:45 »
Yes, the order matters. It should be that instead:
Code: [Select]
FolderNames = "AlternateFantasy", "MoguriFiles", "MoguriSoundtrack", "MoguriVideo"

Dalkil

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2021-12-13 21:50:52 »
Ouch. So... should I repeat the previous 20 hours I've been playing, or can I keep going forward?  :'(

Thanks for the answer.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2021-12-13 23:21:07 »
You missed a couple of things but nothing terrible will happen if you continue forward.

Dalkil

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2021-12-14 00:32:01 »
Well, I started a new game to see if the difference was noticeable or not, and it is. I think the funny part is trying the mod and see how it makes my life harder, so I will keep playing this new game as this was exactly was I was expecting from Alternate Fantasy (dumb me, not having into account the order of mods in the .ini).

It will be a little tiring, but I will do the skill grinding with turbo (of course, if those Mandrakes don't kill me easily!).

Thanks again for this great mod!

vomitrocious00

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2021-12-22 23:55:45 »
Hi, again. I had a question about tweaking a couple things from the AlternateFantasy.hws But I'm having a little trouble.
I really like the difficulty increase, but I found there were odd things here and there I wanted to tweak to make things easier on myself, for example, stat growth equipment, steals from bosses, or tweaking eidolons.

What I did was use HadesWorkshop to open my installed ff9.exe then opened the AF.hws and do my changes there and then just export the steam mod using default option that specifies is made to work with the moguri mod.

I found that worked fine at first, and the changes I made were clearly made but I also lost somethings along the way.
For example: You know how Accuracy+ is supposed to guard against Blind in addition to proving extra accuracy? That's gone, I blinded one of my toons to test it and they got had the status on them, despite the SA equipped. (Keep in mind I didn't at least knowingly change anything to do with support abilities).
Same thing happens with for example, the Fairy Flute's "Shared Aid" ability, which btw I thought was a really neat thing to do.

I'm curious if I'm perhaps missing a step prior to creating the steam mod that will enable to retain all these things you put in and still keep my desired changes as well. Is there another programs I can use? I tried looking through the steam thread bc I swore I read someone say something like using "dgx" or something to make changes, but couldn't find it lol.

Anyway, I hope I'm not being too cryptic. Thanks to anyone who replies, I appreciate it a lot :)

PS: One small correction to my previous post. HALF MP was indeed fixed, that was my bad for not double checking, I hadn't realized it had been fixed

« Last Edit: 2021-12-22 23:57:19 by vomitrocious00 »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2021-12-23 13:32:53 »
I have no idea about this "dgx". It doesn't ring a bell.

For the rest: the easiest way to do what you did without loosing any non-HWS modifications is to indeed export the Steam mod with "Raw Assets + Spreadsheets" options but then you need to merge the resulting folder with the non-modified AF folder. That way, you'll update the files generated by HWS and still keep the extraneous files that were generated by other means.

In particular, the "AlternateFantasy\StreamingAssets\Data\Characters\Abilities\AbilityFeatures.txt" that modifies the effects of supporting abilities (and was generated with a text editor) will be kept.

vomitrocious00

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2021-12-23 16:47:29 »
Thanks so much for responding. Ok, that makes sense. I'll try that out today.

Thank you, again! :D

Update:
Just finished with the changes and it worked perfectly! :)
« Last Edit: 2021-12-23 19:00:21 by vomitrocious00 »

Dalkil

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2021-12-27 22:08:49 »
Hi, Tirlititi.

I've finally replayed through all the game. It was worth starting from scratch after I messed up with the installation. Really a tough challenge! Now I'm farming Yans to kill
Spoiler: show
Necron and Ozma

I wondered if there was a Skill list similar to "AFAbilities_v5.0" where I can see what skills can be activated by each character and which piece of gear have them. I know in the AFAbilities you can find a list of gear and skills, but since I do not play in English (well, I took the screenshot in English), I have no idea on how skills are translated or what ones I am missing.

https://ibb.co/bJBmZHq

I can't find what skills I miss with Steiner. I am treasure hunter rank S and got almost all available gear through the game (I think I have to sythetize one item from Hades yet).

Thanks a lot and happy new year!
« Last Edit: 2021-12-27 22:11:07 by Dalkil »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2021-12-27 23:09:53 »
Hello Dalkil.
You're missing Long Reach and Half MP for Steiner. Both can be learned on the Protect Ring only (for Steiner).
The Protect Ring is a very common reward for end-game sidequests in vanilla but it is much less common in AF. From the top of my head, it's not a reward of the Mognet sidequest, the Ragtime Mouse or the Chocobo mountain crack. It can still be obtained with Hot&Cold points, the Nero sidequest or synthesizing it with Hades (it doesn't worth it though).

Happy new year :)

Dalkil

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2021-12-27 23:22:11 »
Oh! It's right. I don't have that ring. Thanks a lot. I'll do it with the Nero family sidequest.  :-)

vomitrocious00

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2022-01-08 19:13:27 »
" The duration and speed of statuses has been reworked.
They are now independant of the fighter's spirit, except for Doom and Gradual Petrify (the more spirit you have, the longer it takes).
Haste and Slow respectively decreases and increases the status duration and respectively speed up and slow down the ticks of Poison, Venom and Regen.
[In vanilla, the more spirit you have, the longer statuses last, except for Doom and Gradual Petrify that are running faster with higher spirit. The ticks of Regen are also faster while the ticks of Poison and Venom are slower.] "

Would it be difficult to revert the changes to spirit back to the way they work in Vanilla if I wanted to try?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2022-01-08 19:25:21 »
No. Unless I'm forgetting things, you only need to edit the file "AlternateFantasy/Memoria.ini": remove the two lines starting with "StatusDurationFormula" and "StatusTickFormula".

vomitrocious00

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2022-01-09 03:44:36 »
OH, that's super easy. Thank you!

vomitrocious00

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2022-01-09 08:05:52 »
No. Unless I'm forgetting things, you only need to edit the file "AlternateFantasy/Memoria.ini": remove the two lines starting with "StatusDurationFormula" and "StatusTickFormula".

Sorry, one more question. Should I remove that from Memoria.ini as well (outside the Alternate Fantasy folder)? Cus I noticed those two lines are there too.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2022-01-09 12:11:15 »
The two lines in Memoria.ini outside of AlternateFantasy, they should use the default formulae instead of the AF modded one.
- In AlternateFantasy/Memoria.ini: StatusTickFormula = OprCnt * 150
- In Memoria.ini: StatusTickFormula = OprCnt * 4 * (IsNegativeStatus ? (60 - TargetSpirit) : TargetSpirit)

You can either keep the default formulae or delete them from Memoria.ini, it should make no difference.
However, if you don't have the default formulae in Memoria.ini, then that may be a sign there's a problem with that file, because there's no reason for these formulae to have changed if you didn't change them yourself.

vomitrocious00

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2022-01-09 19:31:34 »
Ohh, ok. Got it. Thanks again!. Really appreciate your help :)

Telverin

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2022-01-10 22:41:32 »
Hi new here, is it possible to change the name and visual spell affect of an ability or spell? Say I want to rename the non trance use of Free Energy and make its visual different, is that possible? It atleast just renaming spells for customization purposes?

Btw great mod I love it.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2022-01-11 11:57:08 »
Hi Telverin.
It is possible to rename the spell and change its visual effect into an already existing visual effect. The most straightforward way is to directly edit the modded files in AF's folder:
- for the visual, it's "AlternateFantasy/StreamingAssets/Data/Battle/Actions.csv",
- for the spell's name, it's "AlternateFantasy/FF9_Data/embeddedasset/text/us/ability/aa_name.mes" (replace "us" by another language if you don't play in US english).
These files can both be modified using a text editor. The CSV is a spreadsheet so it may also be edited with a good spreadsheet editor, but you must beware of keeping the exact same CSV format, which some spreadsheet editors can't do.

Another way to do that is to use the tool Hades Workshop. It takes longer to load but it gives a more comprehensible interface, so you don't have to figure out what number you need to input in spreadsheets. For that:
1) Download the tool Hades Workshop.
2) In that tool, "File -> Open -> FF9_Launcher.exe" (in your game's directory), then "File -> Open Mod -> AlternateFantasy_v5.2.hws" (that file is provided in the download link, inside the "Source v5.2" folder), let every available option checked and proceed, then wait for the datas to load (it will take some time).
3) In the "Party -> Spells" panel, search for Free Energy. There should be 2 of them, the first is the non-trance and the second one is the trance version. Change the "Name" and "Animation" of these.
4) "File -> Save Steam Mod -> Raw assets + Spreadsheet" will generate a mod folder comparable to the "AlternateFantasy" mod folder.
5) Merge the folder you generated into the folder "AlternateFantasy":
--- the new files from your folder should replace the files from "AlternateFantasy"
--- but there are also files that are present in "AlternateFantasy" and not in your new folder and it is important for them to be in the result of the merging.
6) That should be good. In case you rename the folder that is the result of the merging (instead of keeping "AlternateFantasy"), you must register that new name in the Memoria.ini in place of "AlternateFantasy".

Telverin

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2022-01-11 18:51:30 »
Thank you very much! The mod is wonderful so far.

By chance has editing damage values in this topic been discussed and if so could you point me towards it if you are able? I want to edit Freya's trance jump damage because I always felt it was lackluster. Unless of course you fixed it, I just always wished it did more damage against bosses haha. Otherwise have a good day and thank you for your time.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2022-01-12 11:36:44 »
I made her trance jump deal more damage indeed. It no longer uses the same damage wide range as Quina's attack (which was the formula used in vanilla).

vomitrocious00

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2022-01-14 23:02:11 »
Quick question, does anyone have the Beatrix-only HWS file? I could have sworn I downloaded it a couple weeks ago but can't find it anymore.

edit: Nevermind. It was included in the Alternate Fantasy folder, just redownloaded it. heh.
« Last Edit: 2022-01-14 23:43:27 by vomitrocious00 »