Author Topic: Can't get METEOR to run  (Read 5564 times)

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Can't get METEOR to run
« on: 2009-10-23 18:24:40 »
Hello,

I'm having trouble getting METEOR to run. It just gives me the typical 'This program has encountered an error and needs to close' message. Trying to run it on other compatibility modes doesn't help. I'm running Windows XP with SP2, and .net framework 3.5, along with the VB power packs used to run WALLMARKET.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong?

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Can't get METEOR to run
« Reply #1 on: 2009-10-24 10:45:29 »
...Can anyone who is running it successfully spare a moment to share their OS details?

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-10-26 15:18:08 »
Hello,

I'm having trouble getting METEOR to run. It just gives me the typical 'This program has encountered an error and needs to close' message. Trying to run it on other compatibility modes doesn't help. I'm running Windows XP with SP2, and .net framework 3.5, along with the VB power packs used to run WALLMARKET.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong?

I don't think hardware is a problem. It should not.

There are 3 options, from my point of view:

1. Make sure the program downloaded well.
2. See if your antivirus is blocking the access (it should not, however).
3. You might have a virus that corrupts every EXE you try to run (it happened to me once).

Hope it helps.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2009-11-03 12:53:56 »
Error message says

"AppName: meteor.exe    AppVer: 0.0.0.0    ModName: ig4dev32.dll
ModVer: 6.14.10.5016    Offset: 0000c0bf"

Any ideas?

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2010-01-04 10:40:05 »
Still no help, huh?

I might try and manually alter dialog by decompressing field files and hoping to locate the text, then.

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-01-24 21:37:03 »
My best guess is that you're running another program, maybe in the background, which conflicts with it. You should be able to run it just fine.

I've been hoping someone would write a superior program to Meteor, something that can edit on the fly ala Loveless without having to decompress, edit, and compress again with the correct "ritual". It makes overhauling the game VERY, VERY annoying, slow, and it was my opinion that it wasn't worth it.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2010-01-24 21:58:50 »
Well, I've just turned to Hack'7 instead. All I really wanted to do was edit dialog and the names of items on the field, so that's enough for me. You should check out some of Lasyan's other apps too. Take a look here: http://lasyan3.free.fr/index.php?page=ff7-outils&lang=en

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-01-24 22:48:31 »
I believe that they only work on the PSX version of the game, so they can't replace Meteor, which, I agree with Tsetra, is very user-unfriendly.