Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v6.0)  (Read 275039 times)

Tempest

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v6.0)
« Reply #450 on: 2023-09-14 10:58:01 »
I can't seem to get this to work I installed Memoria I selected the addon from the menu and ticked the box. When I get to the part where Vivi comes into the game his Staff doesn't have 20% Mana on it has Fire. Any idea's what i'm doing wrong ?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2023-09-14 11:35:27 »
That is strange. I guess you're saying that the following menu looks correct on your end, with "Alternate Fantasy" ticked and all.

I don't really know what could be wrong if you have reached that point already. The only thing would be that you have an other incompatible mod changing the items as well. What are your activated mods?

EthanWaber

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2023-09-21 02:25:28 »
Hi,

First off thanks for the awesome mod! I was just wondering if some Steam achievements are not achievable through Alt. Fantasy? Since you removed some support abilities I assume it will affect at least a 1 or 2 (e.g: Pillar of support where you have to collect every sup. abilities).Love the change with Excalibur 2 btw :)

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2023-09-21 09:51:31 »
Hello,
I think that all the achievements can be obtained in Alternate Fantasy. Pillar of support only counts for the number of supporting abilities you've learned, so it doesn't matter if some abilities are replaced or are removed as long as there are at least 63 supporting abilities to learn in total.

EthanWaber

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2023-09-21 10:03:18 »
Hello,
I think that all the achievements can be obtained in Alternate Fantasy. Pillar of support only counts for the number of supporting abilities you've learned, so it doesn't matter if some abilities are replaced or are removed as long as there are at least 63 supporting abilities to learn in total.

Oh that's perfect! I just noticed that you actually replaced the removed abilities with new one haha. This gave me some motivation to start anew after my 40-hour Steam cloud save is corrupted lol. Thanks again Tirlititi and cya'll at Excalibur 2, time to start treasure hunting 8)

Micchan

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2023-09-28 07:17:38 »
Does this work on other languages, specifically JP, without bugs? It seems to work just fine but I haven't gotten to the parts with the dialogue changes, beatrix, and the new bosses.
For the Steam Memoria version of course.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2023-09-28 10:37:11 »
Yes, the mod is made to fully work with all the languages. I don't speak japanese (nor much of german, spanish or italian), so you'll surely find blatant errors in the japanese translation, but there shouldn't be any bug.

Viner

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2023-10-15 22:47:04 »
Four years later, I decided to replay the game with a new version of the mod. But I ran into one problem that appears specifically on [Alternate Fantasy].During the trance, when Quina uses Cooking, a blank menu window appears after selecting a monster, and no controls are available until Quina is neutralized.

I launch the game through Memoria. I use Moguri mod, Alternate Fantasy and Beatrix. If you turn off Alternative, the problem goes away.

Has anyone come across a similar problem?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2023-10-16 11:58:16 »
That was a compatibility problem when using an old version of Memoria.
Make sure that your have things up-to-date: the latest version of Memoria can be found here (Memoria.Patcher.exe) and the latest version of Alternate Fantasy should be installed from Memoria's mod manager.

If you install the Moguri Mod afterwards, you need to re-launch the Memoria Patcher.

Viner

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2023-10-16 16:56:07 »
and the latest version of Alternate Fantasy should be installed from Memoria's mod manager.

It worked on the third try.
You helped a lot.
Thanks for the help.

Rikku

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2023-10-16 16:58:21 »
Hi everyone, i love the mod, its amazing, played in pc perfectly.

Recently i got a Steam Deck, is it the mod playable in a steam deck ?
Thanks

Viner

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2023-10-17 22:49:29 »
Can I find Quina's skilllist somewhere? For some reason, in the game with the mod, the names and descriptions in the skilllist remained from vanilla.

upd
found
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hMYV5Kd1q623U-wVXrW1lKL5h0FDbHXE/edit#gid=1522261268
« Last Edit: 2023-11-04 22:01:01 by Viner »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2023-11-05 10:17:34 »
Recently i got a Steam Deck, is it the mod playable in a steam deck ?
It should, yes. I don't have a Steam Deck and cannot help you much in that regard, but there are tutorials on how to install the latest Memoria versions. If you succeed in doing that, then using Alternate Fantasy shouldn't be harder (at worst, you'll need to put the mod manually in the game's folder, if the Mod Manager doesn't work on the Steam Deck).

SonicBrawler wrote this about installing Memoria on Steam Deck. It's about the framerate (FPS) update of Memoria but it works the same with the versions even more recent:
Assuming you've already got Moguri installed, go to Desktop Mode and all you have to do is put the Memoria Patcher from the embedded video's description into your FFIX folder, then add the patcher .exe as a non-Steam game. Then right-click the patcher in Steam and select Properties > Compatibility. There will be a single checkbox that says something like "Force use of a Steam Compatibility tool". Check that, and from the drop down that appears, select Proton 7. Then hit Play in Steam and it will install it.

I found the checkboxes for the launcher did not work in Steam Deck (the Moguri launcher did before), but you can still activate the settings you need by editing Memoria.ini.

Also worth noting you can go as high as 120 FPS, though Steam Deck's screen is 60hz so no need to go higher than that for it.

---‐----------

There are few minor issues to be aware of:

- The game's lack of animation blending is much more apparent at higher framerates.

- World map animations are locked at the original FPS even when increasing it, it really just makes the camera turning look smoother. If you think this looks off-putting, you can turn it off individually for the world map.

- 2D sprite VFX will still be at the original 15 FPS, they would probably need a whole mod to update the VFX through interpolation or just use brand new VFX.

Apparently, the newest (or beta version) of Proton has less problems, especially with tick boxes on the launcher and things like that. Again, I don't really know how all of this work.

Vaylen

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2023-11-06 18:44:03 »
Can you still modify the mod using Hades Workshop? I can't seem to figure out how to open the mod in the tool.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2023-11-06 22:36:00 »
You need the .hws source file of the mod for that.
It's available here.

Vaylen

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2023-11-07 05:20:50 »
Great, I found it. Thanks a bunch.

Makes me wonder, is it somehow possible to read a mod with the Hades tool if it doesnt have a hws file?

Edit: Ive also seen that, since the last time I looked at this mod, you added a lot more modifications, especially to enemies.
How does the difficulty stack up? While I'm not a fan of ludicrously hard mods, I do like me a good challenge.
« Last Edit: 2023-11-07 09:10:22 by Vaylen »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2023-11-07 12:22:56 »
Not really. In many situations, you can't read a mod without its hws file. It happened to end up this way although that was not especially the objective at start.

The changes in AF in the past few years tended to add a couple more mechanics on one hand (eg. the behaviour of "Blind" that is much more subtile now) but to reduce the overall difficulty of the mod. It never was a "ludicrously hard mod" though, in my opinion.

Vaylen

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2023-11-07 13:33:46 »
Okay then.

Ah, the difficulty is actually reduced(from what the mod was before)? Well, I'll try a low-level run then.
I wonder~ how much work would it be to tinker with XP gain or levelup requirements? Basically something to make me level slowly(like halving all XP gains).

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2023-11-07 14:55:20 »
Very simple: you open a file "AbilityFeatures.txt" (for example "StreamingAssets/Data/Characters/Abilities/AbilityFeatures.txt" but you could do that with the Ability Features of any active mod as they can have cumulative effects).

In this file, at the end, you add these lines:
Code: [Select]
>SA Global+
BattleResult [code=BonusExp] BonusExp / 2 [ /code ]
This reduces the experience gain to 50%. It basically works like the supporting ability "Level Up" but it applies without being tied to any supporting ability.

NOTE: I have to write "[ /code ]" in the code block because it is the same tag as the forum's format, but you need to remove the spaces in there.

Vaylen

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2023-11-07 16:05:46 »
Nice, that's much simpler than I expected. Thanks a lot for your help ^.^

Vaylen

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2023-11-08 18:22:33 »
I found a bug. Well, that, or somethings wrong on my side, not sure.
Windfall deals way too much damage and is AoE. In burmecia, from backrow, basic attacks dealt about 114 damage, windfall over 500. About 800 on ironites(Who are weak to wind, I think)
I tried looking at the hws file, but as it used a number of unused things(effect is unused 114, it has the menu flags Unused(4) and Unused(5), I can't make heads or tails of that.

It still does the defence decrease(the line of text for the decreases appears at least).
« Last Edit: 2023-11-08 18:29:48 by Vaylen »

ablaine

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2023-11-09 17:37:15 »
Hello, I'm trying to use the Beatrix-only mod but when I recruit her she has White Magic abilities but no Seiken abilities. The Seiken menu is completely empty. Is there a file/files I can modify on my end to fix this? Or drag/drop from the AF mod to replace the older Beatrix-only version?

Vaylen

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2023-11-29 08:05:57 »
I found a small bug.
Fenrirs two spells are swapped. First cast did the wind attack, second the earth attack, but the wrong name is listed. Might just be the animation that is swapped, I am not sure.
« Last Edit: 2023-11-29 08:22:27 by Vaylen »

Vaylen

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2023-12-06 13:58:44 »
I'm currently in Oeilvert and am wondering about the Epitaphs. Is it intended that the clones can just remove party members for the rest of the dungeon? Is there any way to get them back?

vdkp

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2023-12-22 21:36:54 »
Just beat it with everybody lvl 1 except Beatrix! That was majestic. Please accept my appreciation. Your work is truly outstanding.
Two most difficult battles were Necron(due to rng) and surprisingly duel with Amarant, grind both fights for hours :-D