Basically Mandatory > 7th Heaven

Getting 7th Heaven to Work on Wine

<< < (3/5) > >>

Aurora:
After testing, it seems that this is likely a 5.5 issue, as I've upgraded to 5.6 from git and it's working flawlessly, maybe even better than before.

cyberconan:
In ArchLinux wine 5.6 is now in official repos. I have did a wineprefix backup, upgraded wine but similar crash for me with version 5.5.

Downgraded wine again and recovered wineprefix backup. I'll try upgrade in future wine releases and test again. Thanks Aurora!

Aurora:

--- Quote from: cyberconan on 2020-04-23 23:23:47 ---In ArchLinux wine 5.6 is now in official repos. I have did a wineprefix backup, upgraded wine but similar crash for me with version 5.5.

Downgraded wine again and recovered wineprefix backup. I'll try upgrade in future wine releases and test again. Thanks Aurora!

--- End quote ---

No problem. Since you're not using the steam version, you should be able to use PlayOnLinux to create a wine bottle that uses 5.4 or alternatively compile wine 5.4 and use lutris to point to that custom version to launch it so you can exclusively stay on 5.4 for 7th Heaven, or use Lutris to launch from your PoL winebottles which I do for a lot of other older games.

cyberconan:

--- Quote from: Aurora on 2020-04-23 22:10:27 ---After testing, it seems that this is likely a 5.5 issue, as I've upgraded to 5.6 from git and it's working flawlessly, maybe even better than before.

--- End quote ---

After two hours, I have compiled current wine version from git for use instead the 5.6 from repo. FFVII launch ok with with mods enabled, everything appears well but crash when load a save game. Definitively I'll wait in wine 5.4 until 5.7 will be in Arch Linux repos.

Kind regards!

epsilon:
Wine 5.7 has landed on the Arch repos and confirming that now the game loads. But crashes on start of the game with a failed assertion deep in the bowels of the mulltithreading code, so stick to 5.4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version