Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Ragnarok Rebalancing Mod (v1.2.3 & v1.1b)  (Read 328857 times)

Dealer1993

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] Ragnarok Rebalancing Mod (v1.2 & v1.0)
« Reply #450 on: 2020-05-19 18:06:33 »
@Callisto I'm fighting Diablos right now and his Pain did damage to me and you're right, It's not worth starting over because of that; anyway thanks for your help.

setafd

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2020-05-22 00:05:49 »
Does this update mean you need to start from the beginning or should it more or less be fine to just patch and continue a save file?

Callisto

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2020-05-22 00:49:56 »
If you've done the mod installation before, and would like to update because of the latest bugfixes now, it is fine to just do the file replacement again and continue with your previous save game file.

setafd

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2020-05-22 01:42:59 »
If you've done the mod installation before, and would like to update because of the latest bugfixes now, it is fine to just do the file replacement again and continue with your previous save game file.

Alright, awesome! I'll put it on the Standard Difficulty for now :) Thanks for the fast reply

setafd

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2020-05-22 01:57:00 »
e: Never mind, I realized what I did, excuse me
« Last Edit: 2020-05-22 02:03:02 by setafd »

mackoz

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2020-05-22 08:20:05 »
any tips on fighting the boss while picking up the optional items when you're controlling zell on the lunatic pandora? got wrecked by him and i had to restart from before odine's lab

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2020-05-22 12:22:48 »
Hello, someone can tell me how to get petpals vol 5 and 6?
Callisto said this :
can be obtained by completing new sidequests in Deling City and Balamb Garden, respectively.
But I don't really understand wich sidequests he is talking about...
Thx for the help.

Also about a deling city sidequest, where can i find the lost cards of the old man?
« Last Edit: 2020-05-22 13:19:56 by levantine »

Callisto

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2020-05-22 16:39:43 »
@mackoz: There is a Save Point in the room where the Mobile Type 8 boss will be fought later (elevator path 1). I'm not sure if it's visible without Move-Find Ability while exploring the Lunatic Pandora as Zell. If it's not, I'll change it to visible by default.

@levantine: For Pet Pals Vol.5, enter the sewers through Caraway's mansion after asking him about Iguions, then search for the ladder that leads to the Presidential Palace. From there, head one screen left and wait for several seconds to make the boss appear. After the battle, return to Caraway to receive the magazine.

How to get Pet Pals Vol.6 is explained in the Sidequest document that comes with the DL, but there is a mistake in the description:

Spoiler: show
You need to return to Esthar first and meet Laguna before Rinoa appears at the bookshelves at BG Library. The lost cards from the old man are found at Galbadia Hotel in the same room where Timber Maniacs can be found.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2020-05-22 17:27:52 »
@Callisto : Thx for your answer, was fear to miss them but it's not the case, actually I just beat Norg, this boss was quite difficult due to his buff/healing

Tempest

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2020-05-22 23:18:10 »
Is there a guide on how to install this on Remastered version with zzzDeArchive ?
Can't seem to get it to work using Demaster. I keep checking magic and the draw in the library and nothing.

Callisto

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2020-05-23 02:46:08 »
Hi Tempest,

there's no guide for installing the mod using zzzDeArchive yet, but I've just come up with a solution:

Download this file, then open zzzDeArchive and do the following:

1) Select option 3 (Merge)
2) Enter the path to your original main.zzz file (found in .../steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered)
3) Enter the path to one of the difficulty settings inside the download above (ex: D:/Downloads/ragnarok_mod_standard.zzz)
4) Check the OUT folder inside zzzDeArchive parent folder, it should contain a newly created main.zzz file
5) Replace this new main.zzz file with your own main.zzz inside FFVIII Remastered parent folder

Feel free to give it a try and let me know if it worked.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-23 02:52:05 by Callisto »

Tempest

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2020-05-23 13:50:25 »
Thanks Callisto that worked straight away with no problems.

I had new spells on me when i could check in the classroom and the library has a Double draw point. It seems to be working just fine. I'm gonna give this a full play through, i'll let you know if i run into anything or if anything goes wrong. Thank's for the help and for the effort put in to make this.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2020-05-23 16:12:04 »
@Callisto : I find the boss for the sidequest petpal vol5, but they totally destoyed me lol, I think I need to do this sidequest later in the game (I'm after Horizon actually), also I still not found the lost cards in deeling city, I get back to the galbadya hotel and check where the timber maniac where (I mean in the room) but there is nothing :/

Tempest

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2020-05-24 02:12:21 »
Wow the Lionheart mod is pretty brilliant so far. The only thing that's given me considerable trouble so far is Diablos. I got a little too passive in the haste phase rather than just going ham on him with limits. It's pretty fun to play i mean getting spanked early on by 3 flies in Balamb was pretty hilarious because i gave the mob's no respect.

I think it does well not giving you everything early on so you can cheese it pretty easily. The x10% + x20 STR/MAG buffs are in a good place. I think and the removal of the Zell Card early on (which was so game breaking to me in the original) is a great addition.

I almost lost drawing 100 protect and shell from Grenaldo because i didn't know the boss would go absolutely crazy on me after i killed the last Raldo. That would been a huge fail on my part. So far so good, i can't actually wait to continue with this, i'm on my way to Timber but it's not been easy. I had to re-junction and get my strategy right for a few bosses already, none of them were really walk overs.

Callisto

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2020-05-24 06:18:32 »
@Tempest: Good to know that the zzzDeArchive method worked for you. I added it to the opening post as an alternative to using the Demaster patch for future use. Also thank you for your early impressions; it sounds like you've made some progress without difficulty being over the top which is kind of relieving.

As for the Granaldo, yes, it can catch the player off-guard easily after all Raldos are gone. Maybe some kind of warning should be given before the change in its attack pattern occurs. Anyway, I hope the rest of your playthrough goes well.

@levantine: Yes, it's better to do that sidequest a little later. Doing it right away is usually very rough, especially on Hard. I would recommend leveling up and getting some new spells first if their damage output is the main problem (damaging them can also be tricky, as they change elemental weaknesses constantly). The forest near Kashkabald Desert would be a good spot to do so, as all the monster found there are at LV 40.

As for the lost card bundle in Deling City, I messed something up when porting the 2013 field.fs to Remastered, so it was impossible to get. It's fixed now, sorry for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-24 06:22:19 by Callisto »

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2020-05-24 09:39:54 »
@Callisto : Ok thx for the spot I will check it for grind a litle.
Weakness change constantly?? Wow This bosss is very stronger as I thank ^^
I Okay the loste cards where lost in the porting xD, no problem for the inconvenience, I know that your mod is still in development ;)

Also, need to speak about the fight against Ranjin and Fujin, in my opinion this fight need a nerf, because they where too fast and hit too strong for me, or maybe it's because I was underlevel for this fight (Squall was 32, Rinoa and Zell where 24 in memory).
Or maybe it's because a strategy that I did not found need to be applicate here (the only trick I found is to draw G-force, but even with this they where too strong).
Batle was too long, and too frustrate because of ranjin one shot squall full hp, and Fujin who buff and debuff as hell.

Edit : Was thinking about 1 or 2 trick that could help for killing them, so maybe it's me and they don't need a nerf, will check it when I could ;)
« Last Edit: 2020-05-24 10:09:35 by levantine »

Dealer1993

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2020-05-24 10:29:52 »
@levantine did you play the requiem mod? Raijin and Fujin were absolutely broken in the psx version.

@Callisto I am on disc 3 and have just defeated Bahamut. I have only just realized that Jumbo Cactuar has all the Str, Vit, Mag and HP Bonuses. I have been playing with the same team the entire game (Squall, quistis, zell), they're lvl 100 but rinoa and the others are around lvl 20. I'm going to level up in island closest to hell with the bonuses junctioned. I think the low lvl characters will become overpowered and that these bonuses shouldn't be in the mod. I already have 255 str on squall and 255 mag on quistis and I never used the bonuses.
Maybe the disc 4 bosses are really hard and we are required to do this?

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2020-05-24 12:15:48 »
@Dealer1993 : No I don't, but I played the reloaded mod, and in this one a lot of boss (even all of them lol) were totally broken ^^

Dealer1993

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2020-05-24 13:29:52 »
@levantine Isn't reloaded in french only? I wanted to play it...

@Callisto just a follow-up on the bonuses, I got rinoa to lvl 100 from lvl 21 with hp, vit, spr and mag bonuses and she's looking a bit overpowered. I mean she has 255 mag and 231 spirit with nothing junctioned to them...
« Last Edit: 2020-05-24 13:33:11 by Dealer1993 »

Tempest

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2020-05-24 13:56:01 »
Tonberry has all the bonus per level increases ?

I been looking for the Stength Bonus on Ifrit i was kinda wondering where it was actually. Thanks for the heads up on that Dealer1993 !

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2020-05-24 14:23:17 »
@Dealer1993 : Ah yes maybe, I don't know, I'm french ^^
About bonuses, I think it's a mistake that cactuar have them, Callisto said that he don't want this in his mod (and I totally agree with this, because as you saw, have the bonuses anable make character overpowered)

Tempest

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2020-05-24 14:59:09 »
Does anybody know if the guy in the black suit in Delling has Kiros card or was that moved ?

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2020-05-24 15:21:52 »
@Callisto : Okay finally I win the fight against ranjin and fujin key was to
Spoiler: show
 associated slow to prevent from this status
, that made the fight possible, but even with this it was really hard, dispel + ranjin special attack was totally frustrated x)

@Tempest : About Kiros card, there is a document in the folder you downloaded that explain how to obtain Kiros card :
"Instead of the Minimog card, you need to lose the Quezacotl card to the Card Queen to initiate this sidequest. This creates the Kiros card, which can then be found at Winhill Inn instead of Deling City streets."
Just wanted to say that the man is indeed in the inn (or auberge), but need to do something in the inn for appear him

Dealer1993

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2020-05-24 16:06:58 »
@levantine interesting, I didn't have trouble with Raijin and Fujin, I beat them 2nd try; how did you beat the iron clad BGH251F2 in fisherman's horizon, that for me was very difficult and the hardest fight so far

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2020-05-24 17:30:57 »
@Dealer1993 : I beat them 2nd try too, but this fight was really hard, on the other hand, BGH251F2 in Horizon wasn't too hard, at the begining of the fight he hit hard, but after some times his attacks looks "broken" and so he inflicted less damages, so at the beginig full heal and buffs, after some times, just use thunder and buffs, I'm surprise that for you this one was the "hardest fight so far" oO (not that I'm playing lionheart mod).