Read this first! > Announcements and site development

An apology

(1/17) > >>

sl1982:
Well... what can I say. Its clear that I have not been doing my job properly as administrator of this forum.

It has taken me a long time to realize that having a mod, even one as expansive as Reunion, isn't worth driving away everyone else..
While I have always strived to find a certain balance in moderation style that would allow the forum to grow it appears that
more drastic steps have been needed for quite some time. I dont expect everyone in the forum to agree with what I have done but this is a unanimous decision of the admin staff.

Going forward:
DLPB will no longer be a member of this forum. If he so chooses I will put a link in his thread pointing to wherever he wishes.
The rules will be slightly changing from "Dont be a dick" to "treat everyone with respect." Staff will be much less lenient on handing out warnings to people that cannot
follow this simple rule. This place is currently toxic, needlessly so.

To Tsunamix, True Odin, Quantum Pencil, and any other mod author that has left due to the culture at Qhimm:
I am truly sorry, I have let myself be blinded by the fact that contributions arent the only thing we need at Qhimm. We need to be one big team of people sharing common goals.
To ignore what has been happening over the years is inexcusable. I hope you will all consider returning in the future as we are stronger together than we are apart.

To everyone:
I have not done my job. I am sorry. I will strive to do better in the future.

-sl1982

urgdfriend:
This... Is the saddest thing I have ever seen. I have been here (Not this account since that was recent) But I have been here for years watching all the toxic shit thats been going on. Watching people attacking each other with extreme bias including those you are "apologizing to" A real Moderator would have slammed down hard on that and everyone involved should take equal blame. Personally I feel like the moderation team should take a better look at themselves and their jobs (I know its volunteer) And realize that you all have also let bias and your own beliefs cloud your judgement. Granted I know DLPB doesn't have the greatest track record of being the better man but you and your team let several others attack and belittle him for months. It doesn't matter the reason they did it, It's not for this forum to judge. You and your teams should have handed out warnings like candy. And Honestly I'm glad Reunion will no longer be on this site. It deserves it's own place, Since Like FFNX and many others it's trying to be a way of unifying the community. But instead Everyone here let a war start.

Rcarlucci:
im speechless.....FIRST CLASS ACT ! Bring this forum back to the good old days @SL

sl1982:

--- Quote from: urgdfriend on 2020-06-15 22:49:52 ---This... Is the saddest thing I have ever seen. I have been here (Not this account since that was recent) But I have been here for years watching all the toxic shit thats been going on. Watching people attacking each other with extreme bias including those you are "apologizing to" A real Moderator would have slammed down hard on that and everyone involved should take equal blame. Personally I feel like the moderation team should take a better look at themselves and their jobs (I know its volunteer) And realize that you all have also let bias and your own beliefs cloud your judgement. Granted I know DLPB doesn't have the greatest track record of being the better man but you and your team let several others attack and belittle him for months. It doesn't matter the reason they did it, It's not for this forum to judge. You and your teams should have handed out warnings like candy. And Honestly I'm glad Reunion will no longer be on this site. It deserves it's own place, Since Like FFNX and many others it's trying to be a way of unifying the community. But instead Everyone here let a war start.

--- End quote ---

You arent wrong. I should have been throwing out warnings like candy. But I have a life and cannot be on here all the time. There is lots of blame to go around by everyone, especially me. But it is my job to clean up the mess and hopefully make this place a bit more inviting. I had hoped that everyone could just get along without having to police everything but apparently I was mistaken. Like I said I dont expect everyone to agree with this decision but this is the way it is going to be. This wasnt an easy decision to make today even though it was one that should have been made a long time ago.

Rcarlucci:
One thing please,  can we get rid of this stupid ass karma system is does no good for anyone. it's not about pos/neg its about like you said more inviting to everyone and it gives a false sense of who someone really is and their hard work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version