Author Topic: Jenova & Griever obsolete? O.o  (Read 10887 times)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
Jenova & Griever obsolete? O.o
« on: 2010-05-07 17:58:27 »
never thought i'd see the Jenova and Griever save editors become obsolete, but in a matter of weeks, they have. kudos to the guys who made the new ones

Black Chocobo

other one which's name i can't remember because im tired.

wicked job on them is what will say

(Black Chocobo brings Aeris back, half the fanboys on the planet must be screaming and creaming themselves right now)

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
Re: Jenova & Griever obsolete? O.o
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-07 18:19:59 »
On the subject of people who find bringing Aeris back to be anything more gratifying than a "screw around" toy on their n'th playthrough - http://xkcd.com/299/

Anyway stuff goes obselete all the time, I find this unsurprising.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-07 18:53:13 »
It makes me happy. Jenova has been THE FF7PC SGE for nearly a decade. Now that Black Choco is being made with more options it makes me happy.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #3 on: 2010-05-12 18:30:36 »
It makes me happy. Jenova has been THE FF7PC SGE for nearly a decade. Now that Black Choco is being made with more options it makes me happy.

no offence to the jenova editor though eh? :P

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #4 on: 2010-05-12 20:20:45 »

'cept it didn't work in some cases.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #5 on: 2010-05-12 22:00:31 »

'cept it didn't work in some cases.

thats true, though a while back i found the one that had working stuff so, yeah, tis at least good as a backup

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-05-12 23:36:03 »
Oh since I don't know where to ask this question. Is the Jenova editor that can edit higher hp to 30000 still downloadable?? I've been looking everywhere in this forums for it and I've found nothing. :-\

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #7 on: 2010-05-13 00:38:55 »
Oh since I don't know where to ask this question. Is the Jenova editor that can edit higher hp to 30000 still downloadable?? I've been looking everywhere in this forums for it and I've found nothing. :-\

.... dude, i REALLY think you got the wrong idea, the mod that allows hp to go up to 30000 (and over that) ISN'T Jenova

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-05-13 17:31:06 »
I know dziugo's patch is the one you use to modify the official 1.02.exe to break the hp/mp cap. I was asking about the Jenova savegame editor that can edit the stats higher than 9999 because I had that version of Jenova before but thats a long time ago.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #9 on: 2010-05-13 19:29:20 »
I know dziugo's patch is the one you use to modify the official 1.02.exe to break the hp/mp cap. I was asking about the Jenova savegame editor that can edit the stats higher than 9999 because I had that version of Jenova before but thats a long time ago.

I don't believe that option is supported in Jenova. This is kinda sad since those patches do exist. Sithlord is apparently not going to allow that at the moment either. Maybe if we all whine enough....

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #10 on: 2010-05-13 21:33:46 »
i have a question about dziugo's patch. What is the max HP/MP you can have w/ that patch? i can very easily change it. i have just been trying to avoid users being able to break saves w/ values set to high for stats.it also makes it a bit more difficult to do pc<->psx <-> emulator save conversion since the psx does not (as far as i know) have a patch to break those limits. but if thats a feature you all want i will make it part of the 1.0 release. it should be ready soon i almost have all my goals completed for release.if you decide you can't wait that long compile your own version from the b.chocobo source (its included in 0.9). its very easy to do open the Black Chocobo.pro file in qtcreator then you will have to change mainwindow.ui. just click on the boxes and change there max vaule(s) to what ever you feel is good. no programing required! then build or run.

p.s, it makes me very happy to read this thread. and the other save editor for ff8 is called Hyne (i know cause i compile the linux 64bit and mac os version for myst6re) that editor has made me very extra upset because i can only find 2/5 of my ff8 pc disks.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #11 on: 2010-05-13 21:42:33 »
i have a question about dziugo's patch. What is the max HP/MP you can have w/ that patch? i can very easily change it. i have just been trying to avoid users being able to break saves w/ values set to high for stats.it also makes it a bit more difficult to do pc<->psx <-> emulator save conversion since the psx does not (as far as i know) have a patch to break those limits. but if thats a feature you all want i will make it part of the 1.0 release. it should be ready soon i almost have all my goals completed for release.if you decide you can't wait that long compile your own version from the b.chocobo source (its included in 0.9). its very easy to do open the Black Chocobo.pro file in qtcreator then you will have to change mainwindow.ui. just click on the boxes and change there max vaule(s) to what ever you feel is good. no programing required! then build or run.

The max that dziugo's patch allows is 32767  (7FFFh or the upper limit of a signed WORD). When making WM, I was concerned about enforcing game-given restrictions too, but that detracts from total customization (as in, you SHOULD allow them to add those unnamed items and materia to their inventories if they want). Any game-breaking that would occur would be the problem of the end user. Maybe have a "panic button" that returns things to acceptable known values. That's probably overkill, but there's nothing more annoying than a corrupted save game and not knowing how to fix it. :(

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #12 on: 2010-05-13 21:52:23 »
The max that dziugo's patch allows is 32767  (7FFFh or the upper limit of a signed WORD). When making WM, I was concerned about enforcing game-given restrictions too, but that detracts from total customization (as in, you SHOULD allow them to add those unnamed items and materia to their inventories if they want). Any game-breaking that would occur would be the problem of the end user. Maybe have a "panic button" that returns things to acceptable known values. That's probably overkill, but there's nothing more annoying than a corrupted save game and not knowing how to fix it. :(

ok good to know the max (take it that both hp and mp since there both signed 2byte numbers), and you can add all those "don't use" items and materia w/ black chocobo, i just figured i would name them accordingly. i don't think i will ever make that panic button since i do expect people to make a new save and not save over one the game made. (but maybe one day. i will get that done.)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-05-14 01:44:20 »
Any way you could check if the patch was installed?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #14 on: 2010-05-14 13:10:59 »
i'm sure it could be done, but thats not really something i had planed on doing.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #15 on: 2010-05-14 14:02:30 »

That's still kind of iffy. I don't like opening an executable that's been patched the way YAMP patches and look for specific code. It's sometimes in different places depending on what order you applied patches.

i don't think i will ever make that panic button since i do expect people to make a new save and not save over one the game made. (but maybe one day. i will get that done.)

Yeah, like I said, it's probably overkill. It's the responsibility of the user to make backups and such. But if you want to be able to make a savegame from scratch that's probably just as good.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #16 on: 2010-05-14 15:16:46 »

That's still kind of iffy. I don't like opening an executable that's been patched the way YAMP patches and look for specific code. It's sometimes in different places depending on what order you applied patches.

i don't think i will ever make that panic button since i do expect people to make a new save and not save over one the game made. (but maybe one day. i will get that done.)

Yeah, like I said, it's probably overkill. It's the responsibility of the user to make backups and such. But if you want to be able to make a savegame from scratch that's probably just as good.

well when it comes time to make from scratch, the kernel will be needed. since most of the default save is located there i will start w/ that. but im not quite ready for that yet. i still have bugs and unused things to fix up.

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #17 on: 2010-05-16 21:28:31 »
other one which's name i can't remember because im tired.

Hyne! It's Hyne! Don't forget that name :D

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-05-17 20:01:24 »
Was there any save game editor for FF8 other than Griever?? I've searched and googled it but can't seem to find any. :-X

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #19 on: 2010-05-17 20:04:38 »
Search in Qhimm forums, Hyne be found here : http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9713.0

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-05-17 20:26:15 »
Oh sorry I didn't know you had a savegame editor for ff8. Thank You my6tre!! :)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #21 on: 2010-05-17 21:32:53 »
i think hyne is a fine editor. i have not gotten to edit any saves (of my own) but you have got to love Qt. its such a fine toolkit. the first time i seen it i was like oh wtf it makes my gui look like clown shoes, but thats really the difference between using the layout designer (like i do) or doing it w/ code(like myst6re does). btw myst6re , j/w but are u planing on doing a source release of this and makou reactor (again j/w)

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #22 on: 2010-05-17 23:08:07 »
btw myst6re , j/w but are u planing on doing a source release of this and makou reactor (again j/w)

For next releases maybe... I'll think about it. I do not like to show my code, he is ugly ;D.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #23 on: 2010-05-18 00:02:51 »
lol man, this post has gotten off topic i think

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010-05-18 00:20:24 »
Oh sorry if I'm the one who started to make it off topic. Just curious about a new save game editor. :-o