Author Topic: Masamune Item  (Read 5111 times)

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Masamune Item
« on: 2010-05-17 19:08:50 »
Don't know where to post this so sorry if its the wrong thread. Anyways I've been wondering about the item Masamune with a description of "perfect copy of Sephiroth's sword". Can you actually obtain this item in the game without using a save game editor??

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Masamune Item
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-17 19:12:10 »
A token item as a prize at speed square at the Gold Saucer.  It has nothing to do with an actual weapon though.  

Japanese reads:  Replica of Sephiroth's Sword!  Now you can feel like a real Soldier!

Or similar :)
« Last Edit: 2010-05-17 19:14:56 by seif »

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-17 19:14:53 »
Just a token item?? I feel so dumb. :|

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-05-17 19:24:52 »
Well you can get it as a prize....just a pity it won't do anything :P

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-05-17 20:28:07 »
Well maybe I could sell it. But money in FF7 isn't really much of a problem. ;)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-05-17 23:00:20 »
I think sale is 1 Gil?

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-05-17 23:53:31 »
Really?? Bah!! I'll just keep it a total waste of time. :evil: I just thought it had a deeper use in the game but its just a prize.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #7 on: 2010-05-17 23:57:42 »
sinse theres many ways to mod weapons, i always wondered if there was a mod to change a weapont omasamune, then replace this novelty item with the actual one. wouldn't know how to do that though :P

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #8 on: 2010-05-18 13:17:32 »
sinse theres many ways to mod weapons, i always wondered if there was a mod to change a weapont omasamune, then replace this novelty item with the actual one. wouldn't know how to do that though :P

You can allow the masamune to be equippable by multiple people then make the ride give you the weapon as a prize instead of the item. Problem is when you equip it on someone it'll look like their default weapon (although it should SOUND like the masamune ;) ).
You could also modify the battle.lgp to add the masamune model to the characters' weapon models. That's a bit more complicated though and they'd look weird holding it like any other normal weapon of theirs.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-05-18 15:13:36 »
yeah that's always the issue you see....lots of different things to take into consideration

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-05-18 15:15:48 »

You can allow the masamune to be equippable by multiple people then make the ride give you the weapon as a prize instead of the item. Problem is when you equip it on someone it'll look like their default weapon (although it should SOUND like the masamune ;) ).
You could also modify the battle.lgp to add the masamune model to the characters' weapon models. That's a bit more complicated though and they'd look weird holding it like any other normal weapon of theirs.
So what you're saying is if it was made equippable by Red XIII then he'll have the masamune on his head?? Not sure cause I don't know where Red XIII's weapon is located. Or does he even have one??

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #11 on: 2010-05-18 16:10:45 »
Red's weapon model files are all empty iirc.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-05-18 16:14:34 »
So if I give him masamune it will not show in the game??

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #13 on: 2010-05-18 19:28:13 »
if you replace reds XIII weapon texture(s) w/ lets say a sword of clouds the weapon appears to come right out of the middle of his head, like a unicorn. (i've tried this when TA was looking in to doing reds weapons.) and yes all of reds weapons are Empty models. as a result if you don't replace the texture he will just look like red XIII as always. think there were some SS i made on one of the TA threads (idk cause i might have removed them from my server. so they might be empty now too)

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-05-18 19:31:44 »
Oh just one question left. Is Team Avalanche also going to do Red XIII Weapons?? ??? I know he's not part of the Bombing Mission or the group Avalanche but just maybe someone wants to make weapons for Red XIII.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-05-18 21:05:08 »
Most likely when we have time

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-05-18 21:24:21 »