Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1091443 times)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
Re: [REL/FF7] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod. v1.0.6 FF7 PC
« Reply #1675 on: 2014-01-20 16:31:24 »
Are you running the patch through bootleg or separately? It'll run fine either way, but you'll probably have better luck with bootleg. Also are you running Windows 8? I've seen others get the game and mods to work fine on Win 8, but it seems more difficult. In my professional opinion Windows 8 is a POS. 

Zara8

• View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: 2014-01-20 16:34:31 »
Hey

I am running the patch under bootleg on my windows 8 HP Laptop

thanks

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: 2014-01-20 16:45:44 »
I see in the Tifa Tutorial you have to click "pick folder" make sure it shows the games install directory, think it needs to be to final fantasy\data. You also have the 2012 Remake selected, the tutorial says you need to select the Original 97. That's probably what's wrong, always double check directions while you're going through the steps.

Zara8

• View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: 2014-01-20 17:08:34 »
Hey

my ff7 steam version game crashed on me

when selected new game

thanks

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: 2014-01-20 17:31:24 »
You need to post this in the Tifa Tutorial than with your app log. Make sure you post in the correct threads with the necessary information so you can be helped correctly. Otherwise your post will be over looked.

app log = main game install directory, find the applog.txt file. Post it as code. It's the button that looks like this #.

Hey

my ff7 steam version game crashed on me

when selected new game

thanks

No one can help you with this amount of info.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-20 17:38:22 by cmh175 »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1680 on: 2014-01-22 03:15:07 »
Hmmm... You have the .Net framework installed, right? I guess you do, the patch wouldn't even have opened if not.
Try to uncheck multibuffer  and patch 1 file at a time (click restart after each file is patched).

You could also try to make a .txt file in the same directory as the Gjoerulv.exe named "log.txt" (without quotes), and then run it.

purple.platypus

• View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: 2014-04-04 22:48:21 »
I'm sorry if this is covered elsewhere, I tried searching but it has been "temporarily" down for at least the last few days, possibly much longer to judge by some of the other messages I've seen.

I hope this is a simple question but I suspect it isn't: How do I REMOVE this patch? So far it just makes the beginning of the game tedious and frustrating, and I think I'd rather try the "reasonable difficulty" version. Unfortunately I did not check the option to make backups (why isn't this checked by default?) so I don't have that option.

EDIT: I decided to just uninstall and reinstall the whole thing, but I'm still curious, for future reference, if there was an easier way.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-05 00:11:54 by purple.platypus »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1682 on: 2014-04-06 14:30:34 »
you 'remove' this patch by replacing kernel.bin kernel2.bin scene.bin flevel.lgp and ff7.exe with the vanilla versions

this is easy to deduce if you actually look at the patcher

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1683 on: 2014-04-06 20:14:25 »
If you did not make any backups then you could still copy the files Tenko mentioned. If you did make backups, there is an restore backups button in the patch app itself. Restoring backups is, of course, also possible to do manually.

ff7_mania7777

• View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: 2014-04-10 05:31:27 »
Hello. First off, thank you for this mod. I wanted to replay ff7 after I found out about all the mods and stuff on the pc version, but hesitated bc I beat it like 10 times before and it was getting too easy. This is definitely a fun challenge.

I just have one question. I was using the save anywhere option, and stupidly saved while in the middle of climbing down a ladder. I then proceeded to turn the game off, and when I turned it back on I was standing on the ladder(not climbing it) and can't move at all in any direction. I've gotten pretty far so I was just wondering if there was any hope of somehow getting out of this situation before I started a new game and made sure not to turn off the game while on any ladders :'(. if you've heard of this before and know any way I can get out of it I'd really appreciate it.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: 2014-04-10 12:58:44 »
Change your location with Black Chocobo or use the Teleport Trainer to get directly in the beginning of the screen.

ff7_mania7777

• View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: 2014-04-10 13:39:04 »
Thank you!

tjd212

• View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: 2014-04-18 00:46:03 »
Hi there,

I apologize if this has been covered already in the 68 pages of this thread, but in doing a quick search I have not been able to find an answer to my issue.

I'm trying to install the gjoerulv Hardcore mod to my FF7 game using Tifa's Bootleg. Using the Bootleg Front End, I am selecting "Gjoerulv's Hardcore Mod" as the difficulty I would like to play on. If I go and check the Mod Listing, it shows a green bar for the Gjoerulv-1.0.6.rar file in my game folder (C:\Games\FF7MODS\Tifa's Package [Bootleg040 Mods]), so it appears that everything should be fine. However, when I actually run the bootleg program, I am receiving three lines of error:

"Installing Hardcore Mod . . ."
"Gjoerulv-1.0.6.rar is missing!"
"Completed Disabling Hardcore Mode."

I've tried to go ahead and play the game anyway just as a double check, but it does in fact appear that the hardcore mod hasn't properly installed. It's bizarre to me that the error I'm getting is that it is unable to locate the .rar file when I can see if plain as day in my directory?

In addition, I have tried running the .exe file in the .rar hoping that patching would help me bypass this error, but to no avail. I've tried installing the mod where I can choose my own difficulty from a list in the BootLoader (Mode Switching - All Mods), but it has left out the hardcore mod and everything else is available.

Something I'm wondering about is that I was playing on "Reasonable Difficulty" mod before trying to move on to Gjoerulv's Hardcore mod. That mode seemed to play fine (it was taking more than one hit in the Opening Bombing Mission to kill the guards). Could there be some sort of problem in that I am trying to install the Hardcore difficulty patch after installing the Reasonable Difficulty mod? Would I have to uninstall everything and start over from scratch?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I can provide more information if I have not been clear enough with the technical difficulty I am running into.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

fatsacktony

• View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: 2014-04-20 01:06:02 »
Hey Joe, I'm just curious as to how you altered Stat leveling with this mod? Stats seem to grow at a faster rate and since i started your mod when i was already level 20 i seem to be out classed with where i'm at in the story (gongaga).

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1689 on: 2014-04-20 07:51:28 »
@tjd212
You may want to post in the bootleg thread. Did you try my installer? And make sure UAC (user account control on windows vista and after) is off.

@fatsacktony
The stats do not increase beyond what's normal. It may seem like it because I have changed and switched the growth patterns for some of the stats. HP and MP is somewhat increased on a few characters though.

ff7_mania7777

• View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: 2014-04-26 05:07:34 »
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I searched everywhere and can't find anything about it. I'm at the nibelheim mansion, trying to open the safe...and the 20 seconds goes down in something more like 10 seconds. it's pretty much impossible to open the safe within the time limit...I think it's a result of the mod, because when i switch it back to normal mode it goes back to normal. if need be I can just beat it on normal and switch it back, but if possible i'd like to try to boss fight on hardcore mode. Do you have any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1691 on: 2014-04-26 11:52:27 »
that's a timer issue related to aalis driver from what I remember
I had the same problem and fixed it somehow. I think with YAMP and the minigame limiter or something? it's been years so I don't remember too clearly

NovusAnimus

• View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: 2014-05-04 02:45:28 »
Does this mod do anything to rebalance the limit breaks, so all characters remain useful?

I've looked but haven't been able to find details on what was rebalanced.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1693 on: 2014-05-07 09:14:21 »
@NovusAnimus

Concerning attack/equip effects: I try to keep the mod vanillaish, but there are changes in an attempt to make the game a bit more balanced (not on difficulty, but to make fewer things obsolete). When it comes to limits, I made the lvl 4 ignore defence. Nothing more.

I'm planning on releasing a patch that works with steam. If anyone have some suggestions, improvements or bugfix in mind I would appreciate it!
EDIT: Steam patch released. 1.0.6s works wih steam. At least it works for me, let me know otherwise.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-02 23:32:21 by gjoerulv »

arclitewut

• View Profile
Re: [REL/FF7] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod. v1.0.6s FF7 PC
« Reply #1694 on: 2014-07-11 19:27:09 »
this is the first time im playing a modded version of FF VII and i must say i really enjoy it so far :)

Any suggestions for grinding when im now at the north crater (the monsters there kicking ass :D), i got 3 materia caves (every cave except KotR)

also a thing which i wanted to ask, to grind sources you still need to morph the gelnika monsters or are there other monsters which also drop/morph to sources?

Regards
« Last Edit: 2014-07-11 23:52:09 by arclitewut »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1695 on: 2014-07-12 20:59:55 »
I grind the Blue Worm on the beaches near Mideel.

I believe for this mod, sources are still from the Gelinka.

arclitewut

• View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: 2014-07-13 09:03:33 »
I grind the Blue Worm on the beaches near Mideel.

I believe for this mod, sources are still from the Gelinka.

alright thanks alot :) i was watching your playthrough when i needed some tips :D

arclitewut

• View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: 2014-07-15 21:09:36 »
Actually I just found out that you can steal Sources from the Armario's in the materia caves :)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1698 on: 2014-07-15 21:15:37 »
Well that's good to know. I stayed away from any random battles in the materia caves because they were tougher then the materia boss.

arclitewut

• View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: 2014-07-15 21:23:06 »
Well that's good to know. I stayed away from any random battles in the materia caves because they were tougher then the materia boss.

Yeah the only spell which damage them is pandoras box, same with the dragon there, though the dragon doesnt have anything good on him (just found a diamond bangle by stealing from him) was kinda dissapointing cuz that dragon takes a beating lol

also from the jinx you can steal a lot of different nuts and they can be 1 shotted by odin

EDIT: Still i think morphing the monsters in the ship is way more efficient since the monsters in the cave are really though like stated.
The Setup which i found works pretty well to morph sources (equipping yuffie with conformer + mega all and morph, barret has cover + magic counter/gravity, final attack + revive in case he gets critted a few times and cloud which basicly is using white wind for healing)
« Last Edit: 2014-07-16 13:27:58 by arclitewut »