Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1850257 times)

slick

Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #1100 on: 2012-05-14 02:55:55 »
Hello i'm pretty new the modding scene and was wondering how do you download the links which are stated https://docs.google.com/open?id? Aren't they all dead links? If this is a silly question than my apologies lol

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: 2012-05-14 04:40:07 »
Welcome slick,

it's a known bug. You must delete BFE.ini to solve this problem.   ;)

slick

« Reply #1102 on: 2012-05-14 04:57:46 »
Edit

I got it. Thank you so much ! :)
« Last Edit: 2012-05-14 05:16:25 by slick »

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: 2012-05-14 05:18:20 »
@slick:You can find BFE.ini  where BFE.exe ( + Bootleg.exe ) exists.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1104 on: 2012-05-15 15:30:08 »
So, my playthough has been featured in an article on Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/5910318/you-want-your-final-fantasy-vii-hd-remaster-well-here-it-is

I just wanted to share this because my views have started to rise greatly over the past 4 hours when it was posted, which means we could see a surge of traffic coming through here for a bit.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: 2012-05-15 16:49:33 »
So, my playthough has been featured in an article on Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/5910318/you-want-your-final-fantasy-vii-hd-remaster-well-here-it-is

I just wanted to share this because my views have started to rise greatly over the past 4 hours when it was posted, which means we could see a surge of traffic coming through here for a bit.
Wow thats great news plus extra traffic is good the more people that know about this forum the better kos who knows in that traffic there could be some texture artists, programmers etc who knows some people might join and help out which will definetely help :) good job
« Last Edit: 2012-05-15 19:44:24 by e1sunz »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: 2012-05-15 19:27:53 »
@e1sunz - Yeah, I hope it brings a good bunch.

People are already asking questions about the install. Mostly error questions, but I'm helping out the best I can while sending them here for anything I'm not sure about.

kevinandrew814

• View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: 2012-05-16 02:31:32 »
Hey guys! Im having some problems:/
Ive downloaded all the mods. My copy of FVII is unmodified, and discs. I used a fresh install, and boot leg runs just fine for about 15 minutes.  then it says....:

Building LGP files . . .
Please remain patient.  This will take several minutes.
Building battle.lgp . . .
Battle.lgp completed.
Building char.lgp . . .
Char.lgp completed.
Repairing magic.lgp . . .
Building magic.lgp . . .
Magic.lgp completed.
Building high-us.lgp . . .
high-us.lgp completed.
Building chocobo.lgp . . .
chocobo.lgp completed.
Repairing world_us.lgp . . .
Building world_us.lgp . . .

It opens a new window and it says:

ulgp.exe v0.4.3
Encoding World_us.lgp

then i get an error message saying the LGP De/re/encoder as stopped working..

I hit close... bootleg then continues to install like you would assume, and bootloader even comes up... but when i try to play... it tells me there's an error, and that it will try to ignore it...
and VII never starts :'(
HALP

Dasanko

« Reply #1108 on: 2012-05-16 12:20:25 »
Thank you very much for this application.

The MO.exe link shown in the mod list points to a missing/invalid address, though it can be downloaded fine from the mods list. Just thought I'd bring it up in case the "issue" is not known.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: 2012-05-16 18:37:37 »
Both of those issues are fixed for the next release of Bootleg.
The version of ULGP included in 0038 does not accept spaces in path names.
Try reinstalling the game to a folder that does not contain spaces.  Also, make sure the mods folder does not contain spaces.

The MO.exe link is fixed for the next release.
With the current crackdown on piracy, many of the links are going down.
We are trying very hard to mirror files and keep the links current.
Thank you, Ugerstl!

wind

• View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: 2012-05-16 21:12:31 »
Im having problems getting Bootleg to run through BFE.

I get to:

Checking Operating System...

Laying Bootleg Edit...
Checking Operating System...
Missing ff7.exe
Bootleg Aborting...

Removing setup files...
Please remain patient...
Completed cleanup.

(insert generalized error help here)
Press any key to continue...

-I am running windows 7 pro 64-bit
- BFE and bootleg are set to administrator rights under compatability for all users, with no                         compatibility mode.
- Fresh install of the game.
- Default game directory (reflected in BFE settings)
- Mods are in same directory as bootleg (reflected in BFE settings)

EDIT:
SOLVED
I apologize, i had the game files in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\Final Fantasy VII

I didnt realize i had put another sub directory in there. Installing now.

« Last Edit: 2012-05-16 22:57:27 by windgod14 »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: 2012-05-17 05:07:23 »
Installing to a system folder such as .\Program Files (x86)\ may result in a corrupt game.
Windows UAC/DEP may divert some files to the virtual store.
This problem especially plagues Windows Vista.

For the best results, install FF7 to a NON SYSTEM folder such as C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\

larserus

« Reply #1112 on: 2012-05-17 19:37:52 »
Excellent job here Pit.

Having one issue. When I first ran BFE, I had no problems installing mods, until the program froze. So, I uninstalled the game and did a fresh, Maximum install to my storage drive: E:\Games\Final Fantasy VII

The problem I'm having now is that it's giving me "Access Denied" whenever I try to install mods from BFE. I'm running all my folders as admin, I'm logged in as an admin, everything is set to "Run this program as an administrator."

Frankly, I'm lost and any help would be much appreciated.

wind

• View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: 2012-05-17 19:45:48 »
What are all directories are you using in BFE?  (where are you directing bootleg, temp, your game files, ect.)

larserus

« Reply #1114 on: 2012-05-17 20:45:39 »
For mods and BFE/Bootleg:
E:\Storage\FF7 mods

For the game itself:
C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII

Temp:
E:\Temp

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: 2012-05-18 00:39:56 »
You can view my directories here: http://tinyurl.com/843cwcf

Lutherian

• View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: 2012-05-18 01:55:02 »
Figured I'd update on my issue

The problem turned out to be in ulgp.exe. I had my set up files going to a directory location with spaces in the same, and ulgp did not handle that correctly. Posted on the page for that tool, and it's apparently going to be updated to fix directory resolving. Moving my set up directory to something smple (like w:\temp\) has resolved the issue and bootleg now fully installs.

Thanks for the help

Sadly, it didn't helped me there, 'cause I too have the "Access denied!" thing when I run Bootleg (I tried "C:\Jeux\FF7" too)

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12636.msg182091#msg182091

Can't figure what is going wrong there...

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: 2012-05-18 04:35:16 »
Can you post a screenshot like I did? I want to double check something with your settings.

NewBeginning

« Reply #1118 on: 2012-05-18 09:08:59 »
I'm one of those lead here by Kotaku. I've been messing with bootlegger for a couple days now, and I have most of it figured out, but there's one or two things I was hoping for clarification on.

The main one is the various game soundtracks. When I'm configuring with the Bootlegger Front End, is the soundtrack I choose there going to be the one I hear when I play? Or will it be the soundtrack I select outside of Bootlegger with the FF7Music config? I've tried various methods, but to this point I've only heard one soundtrack so far, so I'm not sure which it is. I'm lead to understand that the PSF MIDI option sounds similar to the original PS1 soundtrack though, and the one I've heard isn't that.

What in you guys' opinion is the best soundtrack, for that matter?

Second question is about Bootlegger's presets. I was just curious what the difference between Full and Hardcore was from the author's perspective. When you were choosing the presets, did you consider one to be better from a visual quality perspective than the other? Full for example for FMV cutscenes defaults to Bootleg+Rumbah while Hardcore defaults to Bootleg+Grimmy. I've looked at the mod list a little bit, and I generally prefer the sharp versions to the smooth, but since there aren't exactly side-by-side comparisons, is one newer/better than the other?

Lutherian

• View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: 2012-05-18 12:36:48 »
Can you post a screenshot like I did? I want to double check something with your settings.

Here you go :
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/v4flsct8a33onpi/Bootleg%20Config.png

Oh and my OS is Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate.
« Last Edit: 2012-05-18 13:15:31 by Lutherian »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: 2012-05-18 14:49:39 »
I'm one of those lead here by Kotaku. I've been messing with bootlegger for a couple days now, and I have most of it figured out, but there's one or two things I was hoping for clarification on.

The main one is the various game soundtracks. When I'm configuring with the Bootlegger Front End, is the soundtrack I choose there going to be the one I hear when I play? Or will it be the soundtrack I select outside of Bootlegger with the FF7Music config? I've tried various methods, but to this point I've only heard one soundtrack so far, so I'm not sure which it is. I'm lead to understand that the PSF MIDI option sounds similar to the original PS1 soundtrack though, and the one I've heard isn't that.

What in you guys' opinion is the best soundtrack, for that matter?

Second question is about Bootlegger's presets. I was just curious what the difference between Full and Hardcore was from the author's perspective. When you were choosing the presets, did you consider one to be better from a visual quality perspective than the other? Full for example for FMV cutscenes defaults to Bootleg+Rumbah while Hardcore defaults to Bootleg+Grimmy. I've looked at the mod list a little bit, and I generally prefer the sharp versions to the smooth, but since there aren't exactly side-by-side comparisons, is one newer/better than the other?

1. You can select your music after the Bootleg install by opening FF7Music and clicking the "Configure" button. The second tab "Files" has a drop-down menu for whatever music Profile you want to play with. Annoyingly obvious question, but have to ask anyways....are you clicking "Save and Exit" after you choose your music? Also, have you tried every music option but you've only heard one of them so far?

My opinion? I like to stick with either PSF or OSTRemastered. The .mp3 options don't transition well enough between scenes for my liking.

2. I'm not the author, but I choose Bootleg + Rumbah. The smooth and sharp options are also made by Rumbah, and I believe they were both made at the same time. Rumbah fits my likings the best. Just my opinion though  :)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: 2012-05-18 15:03:30 »
Here you go :
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/v4flsct8a33onpi/Bootleg%20Config.png

Oh and my OS is Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate.

1. Don't go with "Mode Switching - All Mods". There is a bug associated with it that will be fixed in the next release (0039). For right now, choose either "Norma Vanilla" or "Gjoerulv's Hardcore Mode" and wait until 0039 release to go back to Mode Switching.

2. Under the Textures tab, uncheck "Battle Scenes as LGP". You only need the PNG option checked.

3. Under the Avatars tab, make sure "Avatar Preset" on the right-hand side is set to "Custom" or else it won't install properly. Another bug that will be fixed in the 0039 release.

4. I believe "Aeris Revival" has slight issues when Menu Overhaul is also installed. Just be aware of that for Discs 2 + 3 when she is around.

5. Is your new mod folder actually named "Bootleg0038" and is it actually at location "C:\Jeux\FF7\Bootleg0038" with all the proper mods downloaded? I just want to make sure you didn't simply copy my image link location without knowing what it means to do so.

m6kill

« Reply #1122 on: 2012-05-18 16:10:50 »
Can anyone help me?I just installed the game and bootleg but when i start the game i only get a black screen i tried everything already but nothing seems to work, also my O.S. is Win 7 x64.

Lutherian

• View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: 2012-05-18 16:31:17 »
1. Don't go with "Mode Switching - All Mods". There is a bug associated with it that will be fixed in the next release (0039). For right now, choose either "Norma Vanilla" or "Gjoerulv's Hardcore Mode" and wait until 0039 release to go back to Mode Switching.

2. Under the Textures tab, uncheck "Battle Scenes as LGP". You only need the PNG option checked.

3. Under the Avatars tab, make sure "Avatar Preset" on the right-hand side is set to "Custom" or else it won't install properly. Another bug that will be fixed in the 0039 release.

4. I believe "Aeris Revival" has slight issues when Menu Overhaul is also installed. Just be aware of that for Discs 2 + 3 when she is around.

5. Is your new mod folder actually named "Bootleg0038" and is it actually at location "C:\Jeux\FF7\Bootleg0038" with all the proper mods downloaded? I just want to make sure you didn't simply copy my image link location without knowing what it means to do so.

1> Ok, fixed it.
2> Ok, fixed it.
3> Ok, fixed it.
4> Ok, fixed it.
5 > Yes, Bootleg is actually in the same folder of the mods.

C:\Jeux\FF7 is where I installed the game (Maximum, no drivers DirectX 5 and stuff).
C:\Jeux\FF7\Bootleg0038 is where I putted Bootleg and all the mods, in their original filename, in their zip and rar and stuff.

I just tried again, and it didn't worked either.

EDIT : I forgot to mention that I reinstalled the game this morning.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: 2012-05-18 21:55:48 »
Can anyone help me?I just installed the game and bootleg but when i start the game i only get a black screen i tried everything already but nothing seems to work, also my O.S. is Win 7 x64.
Did you install it correctly? 1.02 patch then Aalis custom graphics driver? Post your 'ff7opengl.cfg' info here (copy/paste it all)