Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1850195 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #1150 on: 2012-05-22 07:27:57 »
When installing using bootleg, I left MSE on. This message came up.

---------------------------------------

Detected Item: Trojan:Win32/Dynamer!dtc

Category: Trojan

Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Items:
file:E:\ff7\dlpb-mods\is-G1F4C.tmp
file:E:\ff7\dlpb-mods\sense-dlpb.exe
file:E:\ff7\dlpb-mods\TifaYamp.exe

Get more information about this item online.

---------------------------------------

I'm assuming this is the relevant mod thread - sorry if this isn't the right place. Is this an issue I need to be worried about?

As long as you downloaded it from the links provided here, you have nothing to worry about  :)

BAN___KAI

• View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: 2012-05-22 16:13:52 »
Hello it seems that every time i play more than 30minutes i get either a crash or 1Fps in battle so i have to alt f4,, also the Bootloader aint saving the changes no mater if i press Yes

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: 2012-05-22 17:29:03 »
EQ2Alyza,
The trojan warning are false positives.
The yamp patches aren't even used.  I'll remove them altogether.
The other false positive is related to Menu Overhaul.  I remember reading that DLPB is aware of the issue and may have already fixed it.

BAN___KAI,
This sounds like an issue with Windows UAC/DEP.  This is especially troublesome on Vista machine.  To correct the problem, install the game to a NON SYSTEM FOLDER.

From the Bootleg Readme:
Q:Where should I install Final Fantasy VII?
A:I recommend NOT using a system folder like 'Program Files' or 'Desktop' or any other system folder as the installation destination.
  Instead, install to a folder such as 'Games' or a new folder of your choice.
  Installing the game to a system folder sometimes results in missing mods and the inability to save or edit game files.

brisssou

« Reply #1153 on: 2012-05-22 18:52:23 »
Hi there,
As many, I followed EQ2Alyza walkthrough  to install bootleg provided mods, using his configuration (I wanted a tested conf before I will try my own).

The process just hangs on "Installing Bloodshot's Additional Classic Battle Models" after 6 files have been copied.

Can someone please point me where it could have failed?

A lot of mods have already been installed, can I just kill the process and try to relaunch it? do I have to re-install the game from scratch?

Thanks for your great work!

edit: BTW, I'm using win7x64

I just launched the game, which started correctly. I went up to the first save point. The models are looking great, although those are not the ones I selected in BFE.
The combat screen is quite messed up, with the limit, life and mana bars quite not there.

I am trying to re-apply the mod on the install as I type. If it doesn't work, I'll try to restart from the very beginning.

edit²: hum... maybe I was out of space left for the tmp folder... I'll try move it on a larger drive.

last edit: end scene! that was the space left thing. sorry to have bother you! thanks again for those great tools!!! (I didn't see any flatter links around...)
« Last Edit: 2012-05-22 20:42:14 by brisssou »

duarian

• View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: 2012-05-22 20:04:16 »
Sorry to hijack the thread, but could anyone clarify if we need too rename any of the files in rumbahs video package (sharp or smooth)? I saw a post on his qhimm but nobody responded or clarified if it needed done. Thank you!

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: 2012-05-22 22:24:34 »
No, you do not need to rename the rumbah movies.
Bootleg takes care of that automatically.

duarian

• View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: 2012-05-23 05:45:43 »
I just want too say Pit thank you for all your hard work on this. It is amazing that Final Fantasy VII has been in stock for the PC until the advertisement starting going from from reddit and youtube and whatnot, and now its completely out of stock lol. You have brought back too life an old buggy PC game, and one of my favorites of all time!

FFFUUU

• View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: 2012-05-23 06:55:44 »
I figured out my earlier problem.

Is there a way to get the original FMV's with the FinalFanTim music?

BAN___KAI

• View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: 2012-05-23 09:34:30 »
EQ2Alyza,
The trojan warning are false positives.
The yamp patches aren't even used.  I'll remove them altogether.
The other false positive is related to Menu Overhaul.  I remember reading that DLPB is aware of the issue and may have already fixed it.

BAN___KAI,
This sounds like an issue with Windows UAC/DEP.  This is especially troublesome on Vista machine.  To correct the problem, install the game to a NON SYSTEM FOLDER.

From the Bootleg Readme:
Q:Where should I install Final Fantasy VII?
A:I recommend NOT using a system folder like 'Program Files' or 'Desktop' or any other system folder as the installation destination.
  Instead, install to a folder such as 'Games' or a new folder of your choice.
  Installing the game to a system folder sometimes results in missing mods and the inability to save or edit game files.

Hey man i reinstaled the game in a not system folder ,, so far i didnt get any crashes but i still get those mega low Dps moments ,, when i alt f14 and fight the same enemy the low fps is gone...

i am using Xp btw

misterjingles

« Reply #1159 on: 2012-05-23 11:28:37 »
Is it just me or does the docs.google download link to the MO.exe file 404? I've tried quite a few times  now and i can't get it to work.

FFFUUU

• View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: 2012-05-23 17:22:19 »
Is it just me or does the docs.google download link to the MO.exe file 404? I've tried quite a few times  now and i can't get it to work.

Google Docs is extinct and replaced with Google Drive. The old links don't work, but you can find the actual links in the mod list.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: 2012-05-23 17:31:41 »
Hey man i reinstaled the game in a not system folder ,, so far i didnt get any crashes but i still get those mega low Dps moments ,, when i alt f14 and fight the same enemy the low fps is gone...

i am using Xp btw
Turn off compress textures..i think or was it the other way round? what's your system specs?

Squall_1904

• "As long as I have my sword..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: 2012-05-23 18:02:45 »
He has to turn on so it can be wrote in a cache.

misterjingles

« Reply #1163 on: 2012-05-23 18:08:19 »
Google Docs is extinct and replaced with Google Drive. The old links don't work, but you can find the actual links in the mod list.

Yeah thanks. I finally got it to work. I only have one problem now and it's Bootleg not recognizing "Trish(aka Mike)'s custom model pack.7z" even though it's in the correct folder and downloaded via the bootleg links.

Is anyone else getting this problem?

wind

• View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: 2012-05-23 20:59:54 »
Yeah thanks. I finally got it to work. I only have one problem now and it's Bootleg not recognizing "Trish(aka Mike)'s custom model pack.7z" even though it's in the correct folder and downloaded via the bootleg links.

Make sure its named right. It needs to have the same exact name as it does in the mod list. I don't remember if that is the file i had to add a underscore to or not.

Also, for those with problems of a folder being inaccessible I have a suggestion:

Before trying this, make sure your temp folder location in BFE is set to a location without spaces in any folder name. A good places may be C:/temp. This is a common problem, and is probably the first thing to check.

I have my FF7 install in the default location, in program files. While this is not recommended, mine is working properly. But this may also be because i have taken ownership of my program files. This may be a easy fix if you end up with access problems in bootleg. This is also useful for many other things as well, such as manually removing viruses, files you cant delete, and many other problems related to access.

This small addition to your right click menu is easy to add, and easy to remove.
(This is a registry edit, and I have not seen anyone have any problems with it. Its a very quick and automated process, but you will have to allow it access to the registry. How To Geek is reputable, but screwing with your registry can harm your computer if you don't know what your doing.)

To apply this fix for bootleg, follow the link below to find how to take ownership of a file or folder(its short, sweet, and easy don't worry). Then simply take ownership of your game files and/or your bootleg files. (Bootleg files are less likely to be an issue, but may be for some if you put them in a system folder or another folder with limited user rights.)

Here's the tutorial i used, which simply adds take ownership to the right click menu of files: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/
« Last Edit: 2012-05-23 21:26:31 by windgod14 »

KezraPlanes

« Reply #1165 on: 2012-05-23 21:21:43 »
First of all hey! and props to the developers of bootleg and all of those mods for making FFVII in HD-ish a reality!

Now, I seem to have a problem with my build of FFVII. I made a install of Bootleg with the settings "FULL", plus retranslation, original tiny bronco and buggy and 9999HP break.

The game seems to work perfectly except for the battles which break the game. In battle I will sometime get a crash with the following log:

Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 9600 GT/PCIe/SSE2 3.3.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1680x1050, output resolution 1680x1050, internal resolution 2560x1920
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 60, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: d:\steam\steamapps\common\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
INFO: d:\steam\steamapps\common\Final Fantasy VII\movies\opening.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 119.466667, frames: 1792
INFO: slow output format from video codec h264; 12
UNEXPECTED: zero count
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 300
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Begin main battle loop
ERROR: unhandled exception
Any ideas what might be causing this? Thanks in advance. :)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: 2012-05-23 21:23:02 »

There are two files names listed for Bootleg Mod List --- "Trish(aka Mike)'s custom model pack.7z" and "Trish(aka Mike)_s custom model pack.7z" --- Ignore the one I crossed out, and rename your downloaded file to the one I put in bold. Make sure to type out the .7z at the end of it.

BAN___KAI

• View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: 2012-05-23 21:23:58 »
Turn off compress textures..i think or was it the other way round? what's your system specs?

did it ,didnt help,, now i have a new problem

This is how my Menu Looks like http://oi46.tinypic.com/2sblxeg.jpg

My Specs are: Dual Core 2.0,, 4Gb ddr2 ram ,, Ati X300 gc ,,, i am currently also playing Wow ,, so i dont think its the Gc problem

So the game is really unplayable now ,,

duarian

• View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: 2012-05-24 02:39:44 »
Well, I was extremely excited when I saw my FF7 came today. I installed bootlegger just fine. I got a two popup notepad errors no matter what I did even with MSE turned off, so I assume thats normal.

My problem is, even on default settings in the bootlegger config. I get no picture EXCEPT the Squaresoft logo with the chocobos running. I have sound, but no picture (I can basically play the game, I hear the opening FMV and everything). Does anyone have any idea why this could be doing this? I even did a fresh install of my drivers too make sure that wasnt the issue, and then a fresh install of FF7...no change :-(

Not sure if this will help, but heres the top portion of my config

On windows 7 Home 64-bit using a GTX 580 if that helps anything...

# set the window size (or fullscreen resolution) of FF7
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 1920
window_size_y = 1080
internal_size_x = 2560
internal_size_y = 1920
preserve_aspect = no
fullscreen = yes

#window_pos_x = -1
#window_pos_y = -1
#widescreen_hack = yes

EDIT: I get no music either after the opening FMV. Sound effects are there....sigh
« Last Edit: 2012-05-24 04:36:06 by duarian »

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: 2012-05-24 13:19:27 »
It's normal for the music not to start until after Cloud's first battle.

Try running the game at a lower resolution and in windowed mode.

window_size_x = 1280
window_size_y = 960
fullscreen = no

BAN___KAI

• View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: 2012-05-24 13:55:51 »
I think i am going to delete all of these mods and play the game with the default graphics ,, this sucks so much ,, i just spent like 3 hours leveling and farming hold in some cave and it crashed -_-,,

Is there a save anytime and anywhere Save game option ? or is that a trainer ?

wind

• View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: 2012-05-24 17:31:48 »
I think i am going to delete all of these mods and play the game with the default graphics ,, this sucks so much ,, i just spent like 3 hours leveling and farming hold in some cave and it crashed -_-,,

Is there a save anytime and anywhere Save game option ? or is that a trainer ?

In BFE.exe, look under the Overhaul tab. In the middle list, 4th option.

BAN___KAI

• View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: 2012-05-24 19:15:50 »

In BFE.exe, look under the Overhaul tab. In the middle list, 4th option.

Well it was selected while i was installing it ,, still doesnt work

duarian

• View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: 2012-05-25 02:59:48 »
Ugh, I am having more trouble with this game than I feel I should.

I install the game fresh, run it. No movies or anything, see the main menu with the buster, click new game. Screen stays black

I install patch 1.02 and the custom graphics driver, click on 'custom' in the FF7 config, close out.

Alright, I disabled EVGA Precision. Now I at least get picture, but. Everything is completely white. When it gets too the opening train sequence, I can actually see the NPC's. Barret doesn't have eyes. Other than NPC's everything is white.
« Last Edit: 2012-05-25 03:27:12 by duarian »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: 2012-05-25 03:36:52 »
Ugh, I am having more trouble with this game than I feel I should.

I install the game fresh, run it. No movies or anything, see the main menu with the buster, click new game. Screen stays black

I install patch 1.02 and the custom graphics driver, click on 'custom' in the FF7 config, close out.

Alright, I disabled EVGA Precision. Now I at least get picture, but. Everything is completely white. When it gets too the opening train sequence, I can actually see the NPC's. Barret doesn't have eyes. Other than NPC's everything is white.

In BootLoader Configure, go to the System tab and either turn down or turn off Max Lights. Max Lights only apply when FullScreen and Postprocessing is enabled. Also under the Plugins tab, there are options for the Post-processing Shader plugin. Try each of the 3 options or disable it to see which looks best for you.
« Last Edit: 2012-05-25 03:39:55 by EQ2Alyza »