Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1850049 times)

CyberPirate

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #1275 on: 2012-06-10 17:42:53 »
This tool looks pretty sweet. Do I have to download every mod that is red in the "supported mods" list?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1276 on: 2012-06-10 19:50:36 »
This tool looks pretty sweet. Do I have to download every mod that is red in the "supported mods" list?

Yep.

Warrtho112

« Reply #1277 on: 2012-06-11 04:05:42 »
Hey i seem to be having trouble with downloading the mods i click to download but nothing happens mediafire just refreshes the page

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: 2012-06-11 12:20:54 »
Mediafire has completely switched to using captchas now.
They probably restrict access in some countries too.
Unfortunately, there aren't many alternative hosts for some of these files.
Try The Big List of FF7 Mods.
You might have luck using the Disaster Recovery Folder.

wind

• View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: 2012-06-11 22:45:59 »
I know this is a no brainer, but can anyone tell me the steps to saving the files on non system folder? I've tried saving it on the drive that is used to install the game, but it has no room. I'm not sure the problem, but will give this a try if anyone can show me. :-(

- Uninstall FF7 first

- Install FF7, Changing the directory to
"(Drive letter):/(Folder name, preferably without spaces)"
Example: "C:/FF7Install"
What you use for drive and folder name is personal preference and unique to your computer.

(Menu style switching will not work unless you have it in a non system folder.
As far as i know, every other mod worked for me in a system folder by using take ownership. I suggest still using a non system folder, just in case.)

Your best bet if your still having problems is to run through the guide i left on the previous page. be sure to watch for notes on any part of the install that may cause hiccups or problems with the bootleg install.

ineedhelp

• View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: 2012-06-12 00:59:52 »
Thanks.
I have a new problem ;/
Now I get this pop up message when trying to run the program: "OpenGL renderer appears to be the Microsoft software renderer.  Your graphics drivers are probably not installed or installed incorrectly.  Expect Extreme Lag"
I already tried updating to newest graphic drivers. Can it possibly just be my driver is insufficient?
I believe it is Intel Intel(R) HD Graphics Family 3.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2509. intel core i5 processor. Running Windows 7.
This will be my last attempt then I suppose will settle for the original non mod version.  :cry:

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: 2012-06-12 03:21:22 »
Thanks.
I have a new problem ;/
Now I get this pop up message when trying to run the program: "OpenGL renderer appears to be the Microsoft software renderer.  Your graphics drivers are probably not installed or installed incorrectly.  Expect Extreme Lag"
I already tried updating to newest graphic drivers. Can it possibly just be my driver is insufficient?
I believe it is Intel Intel(R) HD Graphics Family 3.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2509. intel core i5 processor. Running Windows 7.
This will be my last attempt then I suppose will settle for the original non mod version.  :cry:

You're okay, it just means you didn't install Aali's Custom Graphics Driver. When the Configuration windows pops up after you run Bootleg, click the "Graphics Tab" to install the proper drivers.

It will look like this:

wind

• View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: 2012-06-12 05:25:27 »
-First make sure the opengl driver files are in the mod folder.
   -If not, download and redo bootleg.
   -If they are, open ff7config.exe in your ff7 install folder.
        -When you open it goto the graphics tab, a popup should appear
            (visible in the previous post.
             If not, also see if there is a custom driver under rendered[select it].)
             -If this appears, then it means it was downloaded properly and you
               simply need to apply changes.
             -If not, re download the files for "Aali's Custom Graphics Driver" and redo bootleg.

ineedhelp

• View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: 2012-06-12 09:19:20 »
Thanks, I promise this is the last question(s).
Why are my text overlapping?

Why can I not see the limit and time bar and some other stuff?

Thanks to all those who contributed!
P.S. I unticked limitbreak9999 so that's eliminated. I already tried safe mode, I've uninstall reinstalled the game more than 10x's. I have all the needed mods in red. And now...I can play like that or hopefully there is a simple fix to it.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: 2012-06-12 18:43:43 »
Turn on Transparency
Turn off compress textures
and er i think that's it
sorry forgot about most of these things already as i still don't have ff7 installed just waiting for 0039
« Last Edit: 2012-06-12 19:19:02 by e1sunz »

ineedhelp

• View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: 2012-06-12 18:50:32 »
Nope, didn't solve it. :-P

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: 2012-06-12 19:20:23 »
oh and delete the textures folder

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: 2012-06-12 20:31:35 »
Ineedhelp,
What video card do you have installed in your system?
The game is trying to use an intel gpu that is not compatible with the OpenGL driver.

Th overlapping text is due to that Menu Overhaul font not installing correctly.
Did you install any mods after Bootleg?

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: 2012-06-12 23:13:45 »
Hello I new here I would like some help please, I downloaded the configurator and mods everything installs fine up to a point. The problem comes near the end when saying updating remix files adding texture slots repairing damaged models. Now I did think to myself this could take awhile so let ran and did something else 2 hours and thirty Min's later it was still hanging there do you have any idea what is up or do I need to wait longer. I am running it on a laptop with windows 7 64 bits  service pack one, my specs dual core I5 2.4 4.5 gig of ram nvidia deforce 330m graphics card with 1 gig video memory.

ineedhelp

• View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: 2012-06-13 00:45:40 »
Ineedhelp,
What video card do you have installed in your system?
The game is trying to use an intel gpu that is not compatible with the OpenGL driver.

Th overlapping text is due to that Menu Overhaul font not installing correctly.
Did you install any mods after Bootleg?

I believe this is what you're asking for? Intel Intel(R) HD Graphics Family 3.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2509
I didn't install any mods besides redropping Aali's custom driver back in the install folder just to make sure it was running correctly, but even when I didn't do that, same results.

ineedhelp

• View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: 2012-06-13 00:47:23 »
oh and delete the textures folder

Nope, that made things worst lol. Thank you though, definitely was worth a try.  :mrgreen:

ineedhelp

• View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: 2012-06-13 00:54:07 »
Hello I new here I would like some help please, I downloaded the configurator and mods everything installs fine up to a point. The problem comes near the end when saying updating remix files adding texture slots repairing damaged models. Now I did think to myself this could take awhile so let ran and did something else 2 hours and thirty Min's later it was still hanging there do you have any idea what is up or do I need to wait longer. I am running it on a laptop with windows 7 64 bits  service pack one, my specs dual core I5 2.4 4.5 gig of ram nvidia deforce 330m graphics card with 1 gig video memory.

I wish I could help man, but I'm dumb as dirt. Sorry.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: 2012-06-13 00:59:21 »
tifalockheart1983,
Don't use any path names that contain spaces.
This bug is fixed for the next release.

ineedhelp,
Your graphics card is not compatible with the latest mods.

ineedhelp

• View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: 2012-06-13 03:54:18 »
Alright, thanks. Can you direct me to a list of system requirements for the overall ff7 mod?, if it's not too much trouble for you. Once again, thanks.

Tapatos

• Woot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: 2012-06-13 09:36:24 »
Alright been a while since I was here last time I was on bootleg 0035 but I recently rebuilt and upgraded my computer and reinstalled this and downloaded the updated mods. Might have done something wrong cause its changed a lot but when I loaded my save in the northern cave I noticed the random encounters are messed up. I get in one fight its a behemoth king normal battle scene. Next fight is another behemoth king same scene. 3rd and 4th fights are alemange fights with wrong battle area usually the gold saucer arena. Deeper into the cave is a random fight with extreme life form hojo with the mako cannon scene which is completely whack. Final fight before I'm forced to reboot or quit game is a random encounter with bizarro sephiroth. Its this exact pattern every time too. I've reinstalled all twice with different settings anyone else getting this?

nlee1201

« Reply #1295 on: 2012-06-13 11:31:58 »
Hey guys,

I just applied Bootleg to a fresh copy of FF7 with the maximum installation and it won't load the main menu. I get the "ERROR: unhandled exception" after FF7 tries to initiate the Menu System. Here's what the APP.LOG says:

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series 4.2.11631 Compatibility Profile Context
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: Shader limits: varying 128, vert uniform 16384, frag uniform 16384
INFO: vertex shader compile log:
Vertex shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

INFO: fragment shader compile log:
Fragment shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

INFO: main program link log:
Vertex shader(s) linked, fragment shader(s) linked.

INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x960, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.193000, frames: 153
INFO: vertex shader compile log:
Vertex shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

INFO: fragment shader compile log:
Fragment shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

INFO: yuv program link log:
Vertex shader(s) linked, fragment shader(s) linked.

set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
ERROR: unhandled exception

Does anyone have any idea of what's going on? I've reinstalled FF7 and Bootleg with all of the mods twice now and it still does not work. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: 2012-06-13 11:34:23 »
Alright been a while since I was here last time I was on bootleg 0035 but I recently rebuilt and upgraded my computer and reinstalled this and downloaded the updated mods. Might have done something wrong cause its changed a lot but when I loaded my save in the northern cave I noticed the random encounters are messed up. I get in one fight its a behemoth king normal battle scene. Next fight is another behemoth king same scene. 3rd and 4th fights are alemange fights with wrong battle area usually the gold saucer arena. Deeper into the cave is a random fight with extreme life form hojo with the mako cannon scene which is completely whack. Final fight before I'm forced to reboot or quit game is a random encounter with bizarro sephiroth. Its this exact pattern every time too. I've reinstalled all twice with different settings anyone else getting this?

There was a talk about this when 0038 first released. It starts on page 42. Did you install Mode Switching - All Mods and try to play Hardcore Mode with Menu Overhaul?

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: 2012-06-13 16:26:36 »
tifalockheart1983,
Don't use any path names that contain spaces.
This bug is fixed for the next release.

ineedhelp,
Your graphics card is not compatible with the latest mods.

Hello pitbrat how can I help you with my graphics card issue you have let me know I will try my best to help out dude. Here i a link to the graphics card specs if that is any help. http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-330M.22437.0.html.     

Also The path I installed ff7 in was c:\final fantasy 7 I created that path myself thinking from what I read on the forums here that the standered path would not work the c:\programmes\x86\squaresoft\final fantasy 7 is that an issue, because the rest installed fine but bootleg with the mods I wanted instaled fine but final update was hanging and not doing anything.
« Last Edit: 2012-06-13 17:25:56 by tifalockheart1983 »

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: 2012-06-13 17:19:43 »
Alright, thanks. Can you direct me to a list of system requirements for the overall ff7 mod?, if it's not too much trouble for you. Once again, thanks.

Requirements about 512 meg ram a graphics card from the last 6 years should be fine as well CPU Pentium 3 or higher but since the even with the graphics improvement the core game engine is the same so you don't really need that fast of a CPU processor and internet connection as well. Also a point to note ATI graphics cards may cause a few more problems than nvidia cards.  Apologize for the double post. :oops:
« Last Edit: 2012-06-13 17:28:19 by tifalockheart1983 »

Tapatos

• Woot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: 2012-06-13 19:03:01 »
There was a talk about this when 0038 first released. It starts on page 42. Did you install Mode Switching - All Mods and try to play Hardcore Mode with Menu Overhaul?
Yes actually I take it that's the problem. I never tried hardcore til now figured it would be cool