Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1850258 times)

Fest

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #1325 on: 2012-06-17 22:59:24 »
Is there a way to turn down the music without turning down my computer's sound? It is waaay louder than my ventrilo sound. I tried through the in game sound volume but to no avail.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: 2012-06-17 23:17:54 »
Load FF7Music.exe and click CONFIGURE.
Under the SETUP tab, you can control the volume level.

PitBrat

• View Profile
Re: Bootleg no music playing
« Reply #1327 on: 2012-06-17 23:19:30 »
The FF7Music folder is the main folder where the songs belong.
Did you configure your sound device?

Q:Why is there no sound in the game?  Why is the music playing from a different sound device than the game sounds?
A:You need to configure the sound and/or MIDI device.
  Run .\FF7Config.exe as Administrator
  In the SOUND tab, select the 'Sound Driver'
  In the MIDI tab, select the 'MIDI Driver' and the 'MIDI Data'
  Click OK to save the settings
  Open the Volume Mixer
  Adjust the volume for the playback device, applications and FF7 executable

Also run FF7Music.exe and click CONFIGURE.
Under the SETUP tab, configure your Input and Output plugins.

Anguy

• View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: 2012-06-17 23:26:57 »
I did the first part with the config. exe
Where can I find the Volume Mixer?

As for the ffmusic.exe: My Input Plugin is currently "in_vgmstream.dll" and I can't click on the configure button, is that ok or should it be changed and into what? My output plugin is out_wave.dll should I try a different one?

Thanks for helping me, I appreciate it :)

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: 2012-06-17 23:59:22 »
Those plugins should produce sound.

The volume mixer runs in the task tray next to the time and date.

Anguy

• View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: 2012-06-18 07:17:43 »
Sadly, the volume mixer did not change anything (was at it's loudest beforehand anyway). What else could I try?
My logfile seems to find the necessary files but I did not hear anything...

File search paths:
   Custom_Music\
   OSTRe\
   FF7_PSF\
   mp3\
   psf\
   D:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
   .\
Files count: 95
Patch init done
----------------------------------------------
WM_ACTIVATEAPP

INITIALIZE DD/D3D START

DISPLAYCHANGE...

switcher.dll
MIDI set volume trans: 127->0; step=60

Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
MIDI stop

CSA6
CSR7
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
WM_ACTIVATEAPP

Key arival and hook
WM_ACTIVATEAPP

Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
reading midi file: MAKORO.mid

MAKORO.mid

Midi file matched! MAKORO
CSA6
CSR7
File counterpart 03 - Makou Reactor.ogg
Resolved to OSTRe\03 - Makou Reactor.ogg
Playing music
CSA6
CSR7
CSA8
Look for plugin for ogg
Init plugins
CSR9
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
Key arival and hook
MIDI stop

CSA6
CSR7
END UNINITIALIZE DD

WM_ACTIVATEAPP

DISPLAYCHANGE...

Edit: When I disable the music plugin in the bootloader, the music works quite well but just not with the new customized music but the old original one...
« Last Edit: 2012-06-18 07:37:37 by Anguy »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: 2012-06-18 13:18:37 »
I'm experiencing some troubles with the textures. There haven't been any changes in the background in any of the areas I've been to so far( I'm at nibelheim) and also the countdown doesn't show properly, i only see the top half of the numbers. I'm really new to modding and just wanted to play a good version of FF7. Before finding this(thank god i did! :lol:) I've tried using only the remix and the openGL but couldn't get that to work. I also installed the directx 5 driver out of accident in a previous install. Now I've reinstalled the game with bootleg and its running great except for the issues mentioned before. I tried to fix it by running the bootleg installer again without antivirus this time because i noticed that avalanche had been stopped due to the trojans. I figured that they were false. But it still hasn't been any changes. I'm running this on windows 7 64bit. Help would be very appreciated!  Other than that i really have to thank pitbrat and all the modders for this amazing piece of work  :)
Did you install Bootleg on a fresh ff7 as in untouched and erm did you disable UAC aswell as run it as administrator? Also for background changes did you select Facepalmer or the other options in the Bootleg?

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: 2012-06-18 16:51:12 »
Hello has anyone got a alternative link for the menu overhaul mod the given in the bootleg configurator is a dead link any help would be great thanks in advanced.

Fest

• View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: 2012-06-18 16:53:05 »
I got it to work, thanks a ton. Another question though, I'm at the part where I save Aerith and get Red. Is it normal that the boss at this part(Sample:H0512) was changed into a dog-like creature? Are there any other bosses that have changed?

edit1: Actually a whole lot of bosses around this part seem to be switched around. When I was suppose to fight Rufus I fought both the Machinegun elevator boss and Sample:H0152. Could this be one of the mods I have installed? It seems to big to not be scripted this way. edit2: I just fought Rufus on the bridge on my way out of Midgar. It seems as though I'm 1 boss behind what I should be. Anyone know what could be causing this?
« Last Edit: 2012-06-18 17:32:08 by Fest »

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: 2012-06-18 17:48:46 »
No, not possible to make a pack containing all mods.
The torrent would be over 21GB.
Also, some mod creators have requested that their work not be redistributed.

tifalockheart1983,
The TEMP folder might have spaces in the path.  This error is fixed for the next release.

I'm currently waiting on the new Red XIII model before I release 0039.  I would also like to wait for the new version of FF7Music.  I will release 0039 by the end of the month even if these 2 mods are not ready.

The size is not the Problem. In most Torrent programs you are able to select the files you want to download, so you don't have to download the whole 21 GB, just what you need. The bigger Problem is to find people who want to seed and keep this huge Torrent running. The few mods that not shall be redistributed can be made available as a seperate download on mediafire.
« Last Edit: 2012-06-18 17:51:01 by Fischkopf »

saftle

• View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: 2012-06-18 19:26:03 »
I got it to work, thanks a ton. Another question though, I'm at the part where I save Aerith and get Red. Is it normal that the boss at this part(Sample:H0512) was changed into a dog-like creature? Are there any other bosses that have changed?

edit1: Actually a whole lot of bosses around this part seem to be switched around. When I was suppose to fight Rufus I fought both the Machinegun elevator boss and Sample:H0152. Could this be one of the mods I have installed? It seems to big to not be scripted this way. edit2: I just fought Rufus on the bridge on my way out of Midgar. It seems as though I'm 1 boss behind what I should be. Anyone know what could be causing this?

This is a bug in the current version of the Bootleg Configurator. Reinstall without mode switching fixed it for me. Just choose the original game mode. By the way, I beat that boss and it was hard as hell. After beating him I looked up the fight on Youtube thinking that I was a noob. It was a boss from the hardcore mode that somehow gets mixed in.

Be sure to do a clean install. Back up your save file. Uninstall FF7Music and FF7 from the Control Panel in that order. Reinstall FF7 and afterwards redo the bootleg configurator.
« Last Edit: 2012-06-18 19:29:25 by saftle »

Fest

• View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: 2012-06-18 20:38:31 »
This is a bug in the current version of the Bootleg Configurator. Reinstall without mode switching fixed it for me. Just choose the original game mode. By the way, I beat that boss and it was hard as hell. After beating him I looked up the fight on Youtube thinking that I was a noob. It was a boss from the hardcore mode that somehow gets mixed in.

Be sure to do a clean install. Back up your save file. Uninstall FF7Music and FF7 from the Control Panel in that order. Reinstall FF7 and afterwards redo the bootleg configurator.

I reinstalled everything but now when I get into a battle the Limit and Wait bar are positioned over the character's name and the HP and  MP numbers are in the wrong position. I've tried 2 fresh installs and I still get the same thing.

msifreakster

• View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: 2012-06-18 20:47:50 »
The size is not the Problem. In most Torrent programs you are able to select the files you want to download, so you don't have to download the whole 21 GB, just what you need. The bigger Problem is to find people who want to seed and keep this huge Torrent running. The few mods that not shall be redistributed can be made available as a seperate download on mediafire.

I have a PC that is always on and I work at an ISP. I have a fairly large pipe I can get away with using to seed a large torrent. I actually just downloaded all of the mods listed as supported by the most recent Bootleg and have them ready to go, I only had around 17-18GB though. I would be happy to seed but I would need to know what all I would need to do to stay current as the mods and bootleg develop. I may nee d a bit of help to make sure I have everything and that it is current. I can write a lit of all of the mods that I have downloaded currently if anyone would like me to seed everything.

On a bit of a side topic, I noticed a couple of files that I needed to change the file names because the bootleg link, which was working for both, had a slightly different name
 Below are the changes I made after clicking the link to the file in bootleg
Trish(aka Mike)s custom model pack ---> Trish(aka Mike)'s custom model pack
Trish(aka Mike)s custom model pack ---> Trish(aka Mike)_s custom model pack

1 is a weapon pack I believe and I can't remember what the second is. After changing the names bootleg said it was fine.

edit: Here is the list of mods I have the files for:
640sharp parts 1-3
640 smooth parts 1-3
1280 sharp parts 1-9
1280 smooth parts 1-6
Aeris_Patc-23_March_2011
Avalanche GUI v2.0.8
Avalanche High Res ( I would need to get low res as well)
Battle Scene Enhancement lgp use
Bootleg.zip (Contains Bootleg and BFE)
corel prison bonus.rar
eidoslogo.avi
ending2.avi
FacePalmer.part01.rar- 20
FacePalmer.zip (A fix I blieve)
ff7_enhanced_movies_1 part 1-3
ff7_enhanced_movies_2 parts 1-4
ff7music_install_15112.exe
ff7music_install_15113.exe
ff7_opengl-0.7.11b.zip
Field Files Pack 1-5
Final_fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_installer.exe
FL-BSE v0.1.1 UDP.zip
FL-BSE v0.1.zip
flevel_light_fix.bat
FL-WME Beta.exe
FMVRes.exe
FMVRes-1.bin parts 1-6
fmvs.rar
funeral&nibelheim-reworked.rar
Gjoerulv-1.0.5.rar
HQ_opening_credits.zip
hq_vids_2.7z
LastUsed.bp
Magochocobo Battle Scenes
magochocobo ff7 battle pack
magochocobo_ff7pack3
magochocobo png battle files
missing_hq
MO.exe
Movie.zip
movies.part1-4
New_opening.7z
NoCaitFMW.exe
opening.rar
OSTRe.7z
RetFMV.exe
sqlogo.part1-3
tank_and_pirate_ship
Trish(aka Mike)_s custom model pack
Trish(aka Mike)'s custom model pack
yarLson Field Upscale Project v0.35

I know it can be hard to decipher the specific mods these files are for. Any input is welcome, let me know if you would like me to put the whole torrent up.
« Last Edit: 2012-06-18 21:54:56 by msifreakster »

dudedadude

« Reply #1338 on: 2012-06-18 21:50:33 »
Did you install Bootleg on a fresh ff7 as in untouched and erm did you disable UAC aswell as run it as administrator? Also for background changes did you select Facepalmer or the other options in the Bootleg?

Hi! As it turns out i hadnt disabled UAC and i hadnt selected facepalmer for background settings. I thought that facepalmer was included in the "bootlegged" option. I ran the bootleg with the facepalmer option chosen now and the backgrounds look great. thanks for the answer.

saftle

• View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: 2012-06-18 22:46:16 »
I reinstalled everything but now when I get into a battle the Limit and Wait bar are positioned over the character's name and the HP and  MP numbers are in the wrong position. I've tried 2 fresh installs and I still get the same thing.

Try doing a clean install using the tips that I listed here. http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12008.msg182927#msg182927

wind

• View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: 2012-06-18 23:51:10 »
If your having problems, i posted a tutorial back on page 50(link below). Following it can fix multitudes of problems you may encounter with bootleg 38. I've updated it quite a few times since i've posted it, posting changes there.  Look for the giant quote.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12008.1225
« Last Edit: 2012-06-18 23:53:07 by windgod14 »

Falken

« Reply #1341 on: 2012-06-19 04:53:32 »
When I play windowed, if I activate another window and type, if any of the keys I type happen to be used as in-game keys, they pass into the game. For example, I have my main keys as "ASDF" and if I use any of those keys in a browser or IM window, it uses them in game, even without the window focused. How can I stop this?

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: 2012-06-19 12:03:51 »
Fest,
Disable the 9999 limit break in the Bootloader Configure window.
This is not compatible with the Menu Overhaul 9999 limit break.

Q:Why are the battle text, ATB, HP, and Mana bars all messed up during battles?
A:9999 Limit Breaker is enabled in Aali's driver configuration. Disable it in FF7_Opengl.cfg.
  break_9999limit = no

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: 2012-06-19 19:56:08 »
Hello I managed to get this working but when I use the configurator to change resolution that is fine but I keep getting a prompt saying no modes installed but I selected the lost wing overhaul any idea why it not coming up or is that it is installed but just not comes up on the prompt.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: 2012-06-19 20:13:54 »
The game will always run with Lost Wing enabled.
Do use mode switching, you have to select one of the two options that state Mode Switching.
Otherwise, the game only installs with the files necessary to run in the 1 selected mode.

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: 2012-06-19 21:07:47 »
Thanks for that pitbrat also is it possible to have the hd title video sequence like in the remix installer and the hd opening video that plays just before the bombing mission.

Also when I come to the first battle and I attack the game completly freezes up and I have to exit via the way ctrl+alt+delete and close application any idea dude thanks for all the help you provided me pitbrat.

P.S do you need me to provide you with a the crash dump file let me know.
« Last Edit: 2012-06-19 21:40:51 by tifalockheart1983 »

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: 2012-06-19 21:40:56 »
The crash at the first battle is because Menu Overhaul ReTranslation is not compatible with Lost Wing.
You'll have to reinstall the game and Bootleg.
Make sure to disable ReTranslation if you are using Lost Wing.
There is currently no way to make the ReTranslation work with Lost Wing.

I haven't offered the level of customization you requested for videos.  There's no feasible way to provide previews of the videos.  You can manually extract the video files and place it in the .\MOVIES\ folder.

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: 2012-06-19 23:06:55 »
Also I downloaded trisha's custom model pack and placed it in the bootleg folder but it is not turning greenon the mod menu  what up with that is it a glitch or have I done something wrong.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: 2012-06-19 23:15:25 »
it's an error with the file name.
Change the file name to match this:
Trish(aka Mike)'s custom model pack.7z

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: 2012-06-20 12:51:09 »
When I play windowed, if I activate another window and type, if any of the keys I type happen to be used as in-game keys, they pass into the game. For example, I have my main keys as "ASDF" and if I use any of those keys in a browser or IM window, it uses them in game, even without the window focused. How can I stop this?

This is not a problem related to Bootleg, and cannot be fixed, sadly. I had this problem with Vanilla FF7 too. Well, Vanilla being with Aali's driver and FF7Music. I *think* it might be FF7Music, but it is not such a big deal IMO, although I'll agree it can piss you off (sometimes I put the game on pause, write to someone else, then when I come back my party has been defeated).

Also, I'm back on the forums. While I have less time to read the posts, I am always on IRC and MSN, and I DO read my PMs. For those with an IRC client, use irc://irc.esper.net/Vgr and for those who don't, use http://scenes.at/VgrChat instead. PitBrat will come there whenever he can, so this is useful if you need help. I will always read my messages whenever I have one.