Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1850275 times)

Yuri Hyuga

Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #1650 on: 2012-08-12 00:23:12 »
If you are already past the point in which she died the aeris revival patch will not work except for the few scenes. You'll have to start a new game to get the full effects of the patch

i have a save game before she died, it will work? or i have to start a new game?

Antonia

• View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: 2012-08-12 01:04:10 »
i have a save game before she died, it will work? or i have to start a new game?

I haven't tried it myself yet, but from what I understand it should work.  Also, I've seen others mention you can use the Black Chocobo save editor to put her back if your save is from after she's already gone, and this should also work.

Don't forget to read the readme for the revival mod though.  There are some places in the game where, even with the mod installed, your game can crash (or do some other strange things) with Aerith in the party.

msifreakster

• View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: 2012-08-12 15:16:06 »
I have created a new thread for the torrent with Bootleg 0039 and all mods. It can be found here
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13418

I will create new torrents for each release of Bootleg and try to keep it as current as possible.

Yuri Hyuga

« Reply #1653 on: 2012-08-12 18:48:51 »
I haven't tried it myself yet, but from what I understand it should work.  Also, I've seen others mention you can use the Black Chocobo save editor to put her back if your save is from after she's already gone, and this should also work.

Don't forget to read the readme for the revival mod though.  There are some places in the game where, even with the mod installed, your game can crash (or do some other strange things) with Aerith in the party.

It work! thanks ;)

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #1654 on: 2012-08-12 23:11:30 »
when you move your mouse over an option in the bfe the description of that option appears. for some reason the bfe stopped doing it. i tried restarting, run as admin, unzipping the bootleg0039.zip to get fresh files. still nothing.  id appreciate any help

Matten

• View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: 2012-08-13 12:47:00 »
Can somebody give me a Comparison between the various FMV cutscenes? :D

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: 2012-08-13 15:06:57 »
The best way to see the differences in FMV's is to open the archives and play the videos.
You can also look through The Big List of FF7 Mods to locate the original posts for the FMV's.
Some authors include previews in the thread.

Matten

• View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: 2012-08-13 17:33:35 »
Okay, I have totally enough of this.
I'm doing it for 3 days now, and reinstalled the whole goddamn thing three times already, and it's long as hell.
First I was doing okay, everything went just fine, except that the Aerith model was plain white, and there was a whole lot of missing files. So I rerun Bootleg, but nothing changed. So I reinstalled the whole thing, and tried it out the next morning, and it just didn't want to Start. Blackscreen, and Crash.
So I reinstalled it Again, went through the Whole process again, and now it actually starts, but Worse, then the First time! On the Mod list everything was Green and Yellow, so I have no effin' idea what's the problem here.
So please help me. :(

Problem no. 1: The New FF7 credits i choose is only Half done. The down-half of the Screen is plain White just like the first time.
Problem no. 2: the Save Menu. No Background at all, just like the first time, altough i choose a pretty badass picture in the Bootleg Configurator.
And i noticed right here the annoying aspect, which occures the First time.
Problem no. 3: Compressed Letters! Every letter is fading on each other, which is really annoying During Gameplay.
Then the Game begins.
Problem no. 4 (half solved): the sounds and musics suck. In the opening movie the sound starts, than it shutters, and starts again from the beginning with 4 sec delay, which is Much. I solved it, with inserting a smaller FMV.
Problem no. 5: My first Fight starts, every data is compressed as hell, unreadable, swirl effect is completely missing, and then it Crashes, and advices me, to report the problem, and copy-paste the APP.LOG and crash.dmp. Which i shall do now except i can't open crash.dmp:

APP.LOG
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: Intel Intel Bear Lake B 1.4.0 - Build 8.14.10.1930
INFO: VBO not supported
INFO: PBO not supported
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: NPOT textures not supported
INFO: Max texture size: 2048x2048
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x1024, output resolution 1280x1024, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: No NPOT texture support
ERROR: init_indirect failed, scaling and postprocessing will be disabled
INFO: internal resolution clamped to 1280x1024
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: No shaders, codecs with YUV output will be slow.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Kranmer.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/flevel/sibuki1_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/flevel/sibuki2_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/flevel/sibuki3_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/flevel/sibuki4_00.png, failed
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_d_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_e_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_f_00.png
ERROR: GL_INVALID_VALUE
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/menu/buster_00.png
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/char/aabb_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/flevel/c_eye2_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/flevel/c_eye2r_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/char/ACHE_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/char/ACHF_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/flevel/b_eye2_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/flevel/b_eye2r_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/char/bwgf_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/char/CMEE_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/char/CMED_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/char/bxce_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/char/azif_00.png, failed
INFO: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\movies\opening.avi; indeo5/pcm_u8 320x244, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 119.400000, frames: 1791
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/field/md1stin/md1stin_00_01.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/field/md1stin/md1stin_01_02.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/field/md1stin/md1stin_01_03.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/field/md1stin/md1stin_01_04.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/field/md1stin/md1stin_02_05.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/field/md1stin/md1stin_02_06.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/field/md1stin/md1stin_02_07.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/field/md1stin/md1stin_02_08.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/field/md1stin/md1stin_03_08.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/field/md1stin/md1stin_03_09.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/field/md1stin/md1stin_03_10.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/field/md1stin/md1stin_03_11.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/field/md1stin/md1stin_03_12.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/field/md1stin/md1stin_04_09.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/field/md1stin/md1stin_04_10.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/field/md1stin/md1stin_04_11.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/field/md1stin/md1stin_04_12.png, falling back to palette 0
UNEXPECTED: zero count
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load unknown
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 300
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/menu/coloc_00.png, failed
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/battle/STAGE09_T02_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/battle/STAGE09_T04_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/battle/STAGE09_T05_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/battle/STAGE09_T06_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/battle/CLOUD_T00_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/bootleg/battle/CLOUD_T01_00.png, failed
[BATTLE] Begin main battle loop
ERROR: unhandled exception

I would really apretiate your help
And thanks for the quick replies by the way ^^

Antonia

• View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: 2012-08-13 20:54:12 »
*Sigh*

Ok.  At a complete loss here.  When I first grabbed Bootleg + mods, installed it, and off it went with no problems.

Well I decided I wanted to change a few things around, so, following the advice I'd read here, I started over with a completely clean install, then ran BFE again, and let Bootleg do its thing.

Now, for whatever reason, no matter how many tines I completely uninstall an reinstall this mess, it just won't run once I apply Bootleg.

It sometimes pops up the error box (windows style) about how FF7.exe is angry, and you can either close it, or look online for a solution (ha! like that button ever helped anyone.) but USUALLY it just sort of closes quietly.  I get a cmd.exe window, the game begins to change screen mode and whatnot, then the whole thing just closes out.

I DO think there's a message being displayed in the cmd.exe box, but no matter how hard I try, I can't get it to stay there long enough to read it.  Even if I open a cmd window as admin and run the Run FFVII-Bootleg.bat file from there it still closes the window when whatever it is happens.

At this point, I've smashed my head against the thing for 2 straight days, but to no avail.  I'd be very appreciative if someone can spot whatever my problem is here.  It's probably something ridiculous and simple, but really I've tried every imaginable combination of install and/or configuration options and just don't know what else to try at this point.

APP.LOG
Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 460/PCIe/SSE2/3DNOW! 4.2.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1920x1080, output resolution 1920x1080, internal resolution 1920x1440
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
And yes, I know it should be much longer, but that's where it goes poof.  If I disable the sound plugin, then it gets a couple lines about initializing the MIDI, so I *think* it's getting past the sound, and crashing on whatever comes next, but my knowledge of the program (let alone how exactly Aali's driver works) isn't really sufficient for me to be more than just guessing.  :(

ff7_opengl.cfg
# ff7_opengl-0.7.11b config file - modified by Bootleg

## USER OPTIONS ##
## If you just want to play the game, these are the only options you'll want to change.

# set the window size (or fullscreen resolution) of FF7
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 1920
window_size_y = 1080
#internal_size_x = 3840
#internal_size_y = 2160
preserve_aspect = no
fullscreen = yes

#window_pos_x = -1
#window_pos_y = -1
#widescreen_hack = yes

# mod directory
# subdirectroy of mods/ where textures will be loaded from
# does not affect the old external textures feature, those should still go in textures/
mod_path = bootleg

# check your driver settings if this option doesn't seem to work
enable_vsync = yes
refresh_rate = 60

# limit snowboard, coaster and highway minigames to refresh rate / 2, i.e. 30fps for a 60hz display mode
# vsync must be enabled and working for this to have any effect
minigame_framelimiter = on

# same thing, but for the battle swirl
battleswirl_framelimiter = off

# allow FF7 to use linear filtering for its textures
# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = off

# plugin used to play music, the FF7Music plugin MUST be enabled for FF7Music to work.
# If no music plugin is loaded the game will play MIDI as usual but FF7Music will NOT work.
music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

## ENHANCEMENTS ##
## All the little extras that weren't part of the original game, default options include only trivial bug fixes.

# make all dialog boxes transparent, same effect as the transparent dialog boxes YAMP patch
transparent_dialogs = on

# allow max hp/mp to go over 9999, same effect as the YAMP patch by dziugo
break_9999limit = no
#new_hp_limit = yes
#new_mp_limit = yes

# include armor in magic defense calculation
mdef_fix = yes

# expand battle viewport to cover entire screen and make the battle menu transparent
new_battle_interface = on

# post-processing shader, used to apply fullscreen effects
enable_postprocessing = yes
post_source = shaders/SmartBloom.post
yuv_source = shaders/yuv.frag
frag_source = shaders/main.frag
vert_source = shaders/main.vert

## ADVANCED OPTIONS ##
## Don't fiddle with these unless you know what you're doing.

# use shaders, if available and supported
# turn shaders off to use the OpenGL 1.1 backend
use_shaders = yes
#enable_lighting = yes
#show_light_rays = yes
#show_normals = yes
#show_tbn_space = yes
#max_lights = 12

#Variable Functions#
#specular_fog = yes
#texture_scale_bias = 1
#texture_coordinate_clamp = yes
#pixel_texture_bits = 32
#generate_mipmap = yes
#detail_texture = yes
#shader_precision = yes
#tessellation_program5 = yes
#multisample_coverage = yes
#multisample_filter_hint = yes
#texture_filter_anisotropic = yes
#texture_edge_clamp = yes

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)
# multiple of the original resolution and up/down-scaling
prevent_rounding_errors = yes

# enable alpha blending for textures without an existing blending effect
fancy_transparency = on

# display frames per second counter in upper right corner
show_fps = no
skip_frames = no

# display some real-time debug information
show_stats = no

# store external textures in a compressed cache for increased performance
# compression is not lossless, some artifacts may appear when this option is in use
# texture cache does NOT update automatically if the source image changes, however, deleting anything from the cache
# will cause that file to be recreated from the source
compress_textures = no

# use pixel buffer objects to speed up texture loading
# will probably crash horribly on ATI cards but should work for NVIDIA users
use_pbo = yes
use_vbo = yes

# replace FF7's default framelimiter timer source
use_new_timer = yes

# use a more stable (but less accurate) timer to control FF7's framelimiter
# this option has no effect unless the use_new_timer option is on
use_stable_timer = yes

# plugin used to play movies, FFMpeg is the only choice for now
movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp

## MODDER OPTIONS ##
## These options are mostly useful to modders and should not be enabled during normal play.

# read files directly instead of using LGP archives
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd first,
# if this file doesn't exist it will look for the original in the LGP archive
direct_mode = off

# show every failed attempt at loading a .png texture
show_missing_textures = no

# Disable Error Notifications
disable_popup = on

# Load Multiple DLLs
load_library = Multi.dll

Bootleg Options
C=2
S=0
P=3
U=1
R=1
O=100001101010101011000111001101010110111100001111111100100
N=1
A=1
V=1
H=3
L=9
M=8
K=0
E=5
T=1
Z=21
B=0
J=0
W=0
Y=1
Q=6
G=2
@=0001010100000000101111110011100000
$=232122202621202124212421

Again, for what it's worth I have tried this literally dozens of times now with every combination of Bootleg options and configuration settings I could come up with.  The game is currently being installed to C:\Games\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII (which worked just fine for the first couple times), but I've tried things as simple as C:\Games\FFVII too, with no change in results.

I'm on Vista 32, running everything as admin, and getting ready to start ripping out wires as admin too.  ;P

Anyways.. if someone can spot something, thanks in advance.  I'm gonna go back and beat on the thing some more.  And oh.. I've tried both self-created ISOs, as well as the good old hard copy discs from my tri-fold set too.  Same results.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: 2012-08-13 21:14:14 »
Matten,
Your Intel video card is not supported.  The modified game will not run on that Intel video card.  If you have a Geforce or Radeon video card, make sure to set it up correctly in FF7Config.exe.

Antonia,
There is a bug in Bootleg0039 that configures the wrong sound card.  To configure the correct sound card:
    Run FF7Config.exe as administator
    Go to the SOUND tab
    Select the correct sound card
    Click OK and exit

Antonia

• View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: 2012-08-13 22:21:23 »
Antonia,
There is a bug in Bootleg0039 that configures the wrong sound card.  To configure the correct sound card:
    Run FF7Config.exe as administator
    Go to the SOUND tab
    Select the correct sound card
    Click OK and exit

I wish it were something so simple.  :(

Loading FF7Config.exe, the correct option is already selected (which I chose during Bootleg's install, from its usual "blank" entry during setup).  If I change it and click OK, it DOES remain changed next time I load the config, so it's taking the changes, they just aren't fixing anything.

I've changed it to any option I have -two of which *should* work, and the third (digital output) is supported by my sound card and appears, but I have no physical device for it.  Any of the three choices gives identical results however.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: 2012-08-13 22:54:47 »
You should disable post processing.
This feature can cause problems.
enable_postprocessing = no

Vista doesn't play well with Bootleg.

Antonia

• View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: 2012-08-13 23:23:52 »
You should disable post processing.
This feature can cause problems.
enable_postprocessing = no

Vista doesn't play well with Bootleg.
Tried disabling all post, no good.  Also tried the "default settings" and "safe settings" -same results.

Bear in mind also, the settings I posted here *were* working on an install using the exact same discs, same bootleg, and same mods 3 days ago.  It's possible the options weren't utterly identical in bootleg setup, but they were definitely very very close.

I don't think it has to do specifically with the options I'm selecting though.  Just tried a clean install and as minimal as I could go with Bootleg.  Think I had to pick some swords, music and movies, since none of those have a "no change" option.  But it STILL crashes.

Though this time, it always gives the "FF7.exe has stopped working" error box, rather than the silent crashes.  App log looks the same though...

Blah.  I hate when logical machines do completely random things.  =/

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: 2012-08-14 06:16:26 »
Antonia, if you look back some pages you'll notice I have had your same issues.

And never managed to fix them unfortunately.

Antonia

• View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: 2012-08-14 06:56:04 »
Antonia, if you look back some pages you'll notice I have had your same issues.

And never managed to fix them unfortunately.
Yeah, I did see that, though I had forgotten who it was.  Rest assured, if/when I get this sussed out, I'll be sharing the news.  ;)

My best guess at this point is that somewhere along the line, something is getting itself corrupted.  Exactly what or why, I haven't tracked down yet.

Gonna try a few more ideas, and if none of that pans out, looks like I need to familiarize myself with how to manually smash this mess together and force it to play nice.  Hopefully one step at a time.  Then I can start doing some state by state comparisons and see if I can figure out where this train is getting derailed. 

Think I'm in for some late nights.  XD

Matten

• View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: 2012-08-14 09:20:15 »
Okay, next thing. (Sorry for interrupting by the way.)

HQ Aerith is still plain white, and LoadMenu background still missing.
I saw that I should fix Aerith in PCreator, but i can't find which file to open, because there are No 3ds files in my folders AT ALL!
What to do?

Antonia

• View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: 2012-08-14 11:28:12 »
Okay, next thing. (Sorry for interrupting by the way.)

HQ Aerith is still plain white, and LoadMenu background still missing.
I saw that I should fix Aerith in PCreator, but i can't find which file to open, because there are No 3ds files in my folders AT ALL!
What to do?

No need to be sorry.  Just because I'm trying to solve my problem doesn't mean you don't deserve help too.  :)

Did you see the above from PitBrat?  It was a post to both of us, so I wanted to be sure you hadn't missed it:
Matten,
Your Intel video card is not supported.  The modified game will not run on that Intel video card.  If you have a Geforce or Radeon video card, make sure to set it up correctly in FF7Config.exe.

By looking at all the errors in your App.Log, I think he's probably right.  At the very least, it looks as if your system doesn't support loading of external PNG textures (which it is trying to do a lot of), and that alone could explain why so many things are all white.

Mini-Update to my issue...

I still don't know why this happens, and I'm not positive (yet) that this is what's breaking the game, but when Bootleg gets to the part where it's calling out to MO to re-encode the flevel.lgp, if I'm watching the "daughter window" closely, it encodes to somewhere around 75, then fatal errors out. 

I realize you said error messages were "normal" and to ignore them, but I remember earlier installs of Bootleg (the ones that worked) did not stop there.  They encoded the full 7xx (don't recall exact number, but I know it's over 700) and I don't remember any mention of a fatal error there.

Also, this fatal encoding error does not get reported by a dialogue box or log file that I can see anywhere, and Bootleg doesn't seem to be aware there's any problem.  After that point, it considers MO "finished" and moves on to the next bit of the install process.

I'll continue to update as I find anything that seems pertinent.  I figure at the least, I might solve my problem, and if there is in fact some obscure bug, I'm happy to report anything that helps track the little bugger down.  :P

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1667 on: 2012-08-14 14:14:41 »
@Antonia - Did MO.exe get picked up by your anti-virus during any previous installs? I have to disable mine during installs because it gets picked up and interrupted every time. Check your quarantine and if so, try deleting and re-downloading the specific mod. I'm sorry if this isn't the solution. Salk had a similar issue and we couldn't resolve it  :-(

Antonia

• View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: 2012-08-14 15:24:39 »
@EQ2Alyza - No, thanks for trying though.  Oddly enough, the first time it DID work, it caught part of the Avalanche install, but I told it to allow, so it never vaulted.  After that, I've always run with the scanner completely disabled, and upon checking my quarantine, there's nothing there so.. not the problem.

I'm almost positive now it has to do with the encoding step of MO, I just can't for the life of me think why it's doing that (especially when it wasn't before on the exact same system and install options).

I've combed the system to see if maybe it was trying to run something via bogus registry settings, or perhaps some buried temp file location, but so far I haven't found anything.  Silly perplexing windows behavior.  >=(

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: 2012-08-14 15:49:28 »
Delete any FF7 game files from the virtual store:
    .\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\[GAMEFOLDER]

Delete the virtual store registry entries for Final Fantasy VII:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Square Soft, Inc.

I'm still trying to figure this one out.
I'm pretty sure it has to do with the sound driver.

Antonia

• View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: 2012-08-14 18:14:00 »
Checked.  No such keys or folders on the system.

I'm currently in the process of trying to manually install various packages individually to see if any of them explode, or perhaps any certain combination of them.

Gonna take me a little while though.  Need to sorta learn how to manually mod things as I go.

Anyways, don't go too crazy over this..  Unless it proves out to be some sort of program bug, I really didn't want anyone else making a huge fuss.  Was really hoping I'd just missed something really silly and obvious.  Guess not.   ::)

ETA: Not certain if this was happening before or not, or what's causing it.. I decided to run bootleg again, leaving off MO (was gonna see if I could make it work manually adding it on last, but hadn't gotten that far).

With various other options selected, when it gets to Building LGP files...
Specifically, char.lgp, the daughter window lists a lot of errors while encoding.  looks like this: (paused it here to grab a copy)
ulgp.exe v0.6
Encoding char.lgp...
Error reading baaa
The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no
longer valid.
Error reading iccb.a
longer valid.
Error reading iccc.a
longer valid.

Not sure if it's got anything to do with it or what it's doing, but figured I'd offer it on up.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-14 19:50:32 by Antonia »

bghs

• View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: 2012-08-14 21:21:07 »
Hey, like to thank all the folks that provide the people with all these great mods.

Anyway, Ive installed Bootleg 39 and im having a small problem.

As you can see, during a battle, the character models are missing textures.

Half of Aeris missing. No weapon for Cloud.

I have these checked mark:

HQ aeries
Hi res classic Cloud battle model
Cloud sword Millenia
Team Ava HR
strayoffs Condor
Battle scenes as LGP

Any ideas?

Ok, forgot the app.log

ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAE (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: CLOUD.T02 RTAE
ERROR: could not open file CLOUD.T02
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE CLOUD.T02
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAF (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: CLOUD.T03 RTAF
ERROR: could not open file CLOUD.T03
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE CLOUD.T03
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAG (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: CLOUD.T04 RTAG
ERROR: could not open file CLOUD.T04
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE CLOUD.T04
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAI (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: CLOUD.T06 RTAI
ERROR: could not open file CLOUD.T06
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE CLOUD.T06
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAJ (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: CLOUD.T07 RTAJ
ERROR: could not open file CLOUD.T07
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE CLOUD.T07
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAK (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: CLOUD.T08 RTAK
ERROR: could not open file CLOUD.T08
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE CLOUD.T08
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAL (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: CLOUD.T09 RTAL
ERROR: could not open file CLOUD.T09
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE CLOUD.T09
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAE (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAF (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAG (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAI (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAJ (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAK (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAL (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RVAE (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: EARITH.T02 RVAE
ERROR: could not open file EARITH.T02
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE EARITH.T02
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RVAF (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: EARITH.T03 RVAF
ERROR: could not open file EARITH.T03
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE EARITH.T03
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RVAG (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: EARITH.T04 RVAG
ERROR: could not open file EARITH.T04
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE EARITH.T04
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RVAH (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: EARITH.T05 RVAH
ERROR: could not open file EARITH.T05
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE EARITH.T05
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RVAE (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RVAF (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RVAG (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RVAH (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
« Last Edit: 2012-08-14 21:24:33 by bghs »

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: 2012-08-14 22:07:47 »
Ulgp.exe is having trouble updating lgp archives on some systems.
The problems exists in ulgp versions 0.6 and 0.7.
Hopefully Luksy will release an update soon.

This is likely the cause of most of the errors.

bghs

• View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: 2012-08-14 22:44:22 »
I just checked out the ulgp thread and it looks like there'll be an update. Nice.

Awesome timing.

Hopefully it'll fix these issues.

edit:

Looking forward to v.40  8)
« Last Edit: 2012-08-15 09:36:37 by bghs »

Yuri Hyuga

« Reply #1674 on: 2012-08-16 00:09:45 »
hi! I have problems with the Weapon Ultima. When i go to the last battle with it, appear the monster Cmdr. Grand Horn (the monster of Fort Condor) again and again, so i can't defeat Weapon Ultima and do nothing itself... Do you know why?
Thanks!