Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1850217 times)

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #1850 on: 2012-09-03 16:18:17 »
Does anyone know how I can get battle area detail and world map detail this good!? Is there a a selection in bootleg? I am not familiar with all the different mods, there are so many!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOn6fnwPTcA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc0h5ASHb0I&feature=autoplay&list=LLEtzFP5sJNrTatvgcFRA-yg&playnext=1

Yeah it is to do with the resolution and the mod selection, mine is looking better than the one on the youtube clip here are a couple of pictures of the bootleg frontend  with the mod I have installed check out all 7 pictures.

http://s1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj495/Barry_Wallace1/ check these out, WARNING NEED A FAIRLY GOOD GRAPHICS CARD.

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: 2012-09-03 16:23:23 »
Select these:

Hello EQ2Alyza were did you get the buster glare texture pack from not got that one, I got bootlegged, facepalmer, blackfan+1982, blackfan+sl1982+facepalmer help please thanks.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-03 16:29:10 by tifalockheart1983 »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: 2012-09-03 16:52:14 »
Hi everyone and I'd like to welcome EQ2Alyza in the Bootleg team. She has the knowledge to help those who have issues, more than I do.

We are also seeking users who have a moderate knowledge of the FF7 mechanics and can speak foreign languages. Currently help is needed for Italian and German, but we will welcome any help.

There is also a need for people that are willing to help other people, since the current members of the team (PitBrat, EQ2Alyza, Zendar and I) do not have much free time anymore, with the life going on.

If you are interested in helping, please PM me.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: 2012-09-03 16:58:40 »
Select these:

Did you try the 'Face palmer' option for the field texture field ?
Is 'Bootlegged' option looks better ? Does the different option change significantly the game appearance ?
Thanks a lot by advance. I play with 'Face palmer' option personally.
Don't try the Blackfan+sl1982+palmer. 'Face palmer' choice uses Omzy's texture pack is it ?
« Last Edit: 2012-09-03 17:09:10 by ManuBBXX »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1854 on: 2012-09-03 17:44:36 »
Did you try the 'Face palmer' option for the field texture field ?
Is 'Bootlegged' option looks better ? Does the different option change significantly the game appearance ?
Thanks a lot by advance. I play with 'Face palmer' option personally.
Don't try the Blackfan+sl1982+palmer. 'Face palmer' choice uses Omzy's texture pack is it ?

If you are just playing the game to enjoy it, then I don't think any of the options have a significant difference to one another. If you are seriously testing the mods, then you may notice slight differences. FacePalmer is still a great choice. Blackfan+sl1982+palmer still contains some of the FacePalmer field textures.

Omzy is FacePalmer. Same person.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-03 17:49:19 by EQ2Alyza »

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: 2012-09-03 18:56:59 »
Thanks for your answer. And for bootlegged option ? What option do you recommand between facePalmer or blackfan+1982+... / or bootlegged ?

RilleL

• View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: 2012-09-03 19:03:17 »
Hi, I have a question:

I selected Mike's Flame V2 limit texture, ran it in-game, but I want to remove it.
I selected "No change" and ran bootleg again, but the limit still looks like Mike's flame.

Do I need to manually remove it, and if so, how do I do that?

Thanks.

salib2

• View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: 2012-09-03 19:40:03 »
I want to change some of the mods do i have to reinstall ff7 and bootleg to do so

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: 2012-09-03 20:54:29 »
Hi, I have a question:

I selected Mike's Flame V2 limit texture, ran it in-game, but I want to remove it.
I selected "No change" and ran bootleg again, but the limit still looks like Mike's flame.

Thanks.

You need to do a completly new install and then run the bootleg again

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: 2012-09-03 21:27:32 »
Hi, I have a question:

Thanks.

You are getting "No Change" mixed up with restoring the original. No change means it doesn't overwrite and install anything new, so whatever texture is installed will remain untouched. I am not at home to check right now, but I believe the limits are stored in the textures folder. If it were glitched, then you would just delete it, but in this case you need to replace it. This means you need to run Bootleg again and select a different option, aside from "No Change" and "Mike's V2" to see anything happen. To get the original limit texture, you need to reinstall the game, then select "No Change" before running Bootleg.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-03 21:33:59 by EQ2Alyza »

RilleL

• View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: 2012-09-03 21:37:57 »
You are getting "No Change" mixed up with restoring the original. No change means it doesn't overwrite and install anything new, so whatever texture is installed will remain untouched. I am not at home to check right now, but I believe the limits are stored in the textures folder. If it were glitched, then you would just delete it, but in this case you need to replace it. This means you need to run Bootleg again and select a different option, aside from "No Change" and "Mike's V2" to see anything happen. To get the original limit texture, you need to reinstall the game, then select "No Change" before running Bootleg.
I just uninstalled -> reinstalled the game (2012 converted). I ran bootleg with the same settings except no change. I look at the texture/limit folder and I only see the default texture, certainly not Mike's texture.

But I still get Mike's Flame V2 when I load up my save and use a limit.

I don't understand, is the limit break change not stored in the install folder? Because I deleted the entire folder with the uninstall. So, is there any way I can manually remove Mike's Texture and restore the original? It seems like quite an oversight in Bootleg to not be able to restore it to default...
« Last Edit: 2012-09-03 21:42:45 by RilleL »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: 2012-09-03 21:46:33 »
I just uninstalled -> reinstalled the game (2012 converted). I ran bootleg with the same settings except no change. I look at the texture/limit folder and I only see the default texture, certainly not Mike's texture.

But I still get Mike's Flame V2 when I load up my save and use a limit.

So, is there any way I can manually remove Mike's Texture and restore the original? It seems like quite an oversight in Bootleg to not be able to restore it to default...

Did you delete your entire FF7 folder after you uninstalled? After uninstalling, mods (e.g textures) get leftover and it turns into a junk folder. Installing there again will just give you the same results.

I don't think it's an oversight when you can preview it before installing.

RilleL

• View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: 2012-09-03 21:56:46 »
Did you delete your entire FF7 folder after you uninstalled? After uninstalling, mods (e.g textures) get leftover and it turns into a junk folder. Installing there again will just give you the same results.

I don't think it's an oversight when you can preview it before installing.
I installed it in Games/Final Fantasy VII. Uninstalled, then deleted the entire FFVII folder.

Also it's kind of hard to judge it on an image when you need to see it in-game. But I want to know how it is installed. Is it a simple texture swap? I don't understand how I can still have it after a complete re-install...

I know this issue is not game-breaking or anything but it's still annoying you know. I didn't spent hours installing and configuring this just to mess up on a single wrong texture...

Edit: I just did a complete and total re-install again. This time I also deleted everything in the registry I could find on FFVII. Still the same.
Either there's something wrong with bootleg or this Mike Flame thing gets installed in the kernel or something...
« Last Edit: 2012-09-03 22:31:57 by RilleL »

DTard

• View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: 2012-09-03 23:02:10 »
So, still playing, and apparently Red XIII is also failing its textures. Shredded just like Aeris is.

This is getting a little crazy. Haha

This is supposed to be Red XIII:
« Last Edit: 2012-09-03 23:15:02 by DTard »

DTard

• View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: 2012-09-03 23:17:44 »
I want to change some of the mods do i have to reinstall ff7 and bootleg to do so
From what I've been reading, no, you don't have to reinstall FFVII. As long as you're not trying to restore to defaults as far as I can tell. There is no "reset to default" option, but if you want to change a mod, you can select a different option and it will change it for you. You will, of course, have to do bootleg over again.

gantarat

« Reply #1865 on: 2012-09-04 02:29:43 »

what should i do ?

DTard

• View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: 2012-09-04 02:32:58 »

what should i do ?
This is what I get:

The broken HD Aeris model is the result of a bug in the ULGP tool.
It only affects some systems.  If the tool isn't updated before the next scheduled Bootleg release, I'll implement a workaround.
Unfortunately the fix adds another 10 minutes to the install time.

You've got the same thing I did. Not much you can really do at the moment, aside from hope they fix it in the next release.

Aikijoe

« Reply #1867 on: 2012-09-04 03:47:35 »
I don't know if this question belongs in this forum but maybe it is related to the bootleg? After leaving Midgar for the first time and going to the small town near Midgar for cloud to tell his story, during the flashback when the train gets attacked by a monster and you fight it with Sephiroth; I cannot get past this point because Sepiroth's attacks keep missing!?

DTard

• View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: 2012-09-04 04:16:30 »
I don't know if this question belongs in this forum but maybe it is related to the bootleg? After leaving Midgar for the first time and going to the small town near Midgar for cloud to tell his story, during the flashback when the train gets attacked by a monster and you fight it with Sephiroth; I cannot get past this point because Sepiroth's attacks keep missing!?
Something to try with that is reinstall it, without bootleg. Using your old save file, you can continue from your recent save and get to that point, see if it was Bootleg or if it was just something else wrong.

Kind of a roundabout way of figuring it out, but being a tech major, I've found that the surest way to figure out the problem of something is to remove one thing at a time until it is solved.

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: 2012-09-04 10:49:13 »
Hello, everyone. May I recommend this for Un-LGP and LGP:

UNLGP+LGP 0.5 Automatic By Kranmer.exe

http://www.mediafire.com/?zxj5iyzzmwi

Thank you @Kranmer for making life so much easier.

It has worked well for me with hardly any problems.

JowHoof

• View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: 2012-09-04 12:56:46 »
The broken HD Aeris model is the result of a bug in the ULGP tool.
It only affects some systems.  If the tool isn't updated before the next scheduled Bootleg release, I'll implement a workaround.
Unfortunately the fix adds another 10 minutes to the install time.

JowHoof,
What folder are you using for the mods?
From what folder are you running BFE.EXE and BOOTLEG.EXE?
What is the TEMP folder?
Don't use any system folders.  Don't run anything from desktop or documents.

Mods are in E:\Final Fantasy VII\Bootleg039 As are BFE.exe and Bootleg.exe
Temp folder is E:\TEMP
The game is in E:\Games\Final Fantasy VII

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: 2012-09-04 15:53:46 »

Have you got any gameplay mods on, if so when doing cloud's back story convert back to normal mode.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1872 on: 2012-09-04 18:30:21 »
sounds like something messed up the enemy or sephiroths stats

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: 2012-09-04 23:29:16 »
JowHoof,
Are you able to use a different TEMP folder?
Some program may be blocking Bootleg from writing to E:\TEMP

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: 2012-09-04 23:30:10 »
Nothin' really to see but, a strange thing between normal and hardcore mod :
In normal mod, I have materia lokking like this :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And in hardcore, not very beautiful, I have :

This is my bootleg settings before running it :

I would like to have the 'normal' mode materia lokking style in hardcore mod.
Is it caused by the Romeo AC Materia checkbox checked ? And if yes, why it differs between normal and hardcore modes ?
Thanks a lot