Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1850212 times)

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #1950 on: 2012-09-29 23:20:01 »
The Complex Multi Shader is another of Asmodean's creations.
It only works correctly on Radeon cards.
I'm not sure if it works on the new Geforec 6xx cards with the newest drivers.

ComplexMultiShader.zip                          Asmodean        New Complex Shader for Aali's Driver    Qhimm FILE

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #1951 on: 2012-09-30 02:13:02 »
I tested it with the new nvidia drivers (306.23) I confirm the following:

Edit: ps Thanks for the vid upload Leonhart7413, and yeah the shader effects are not working there, I could tell instantly.

I will have v0.2 out sometime next week when I'm finished updating the new implementation. My new shader doesn't seem to be working on Nvidia though.

But only #version 120 works a little better now with fps loss. Makes screen a little blur and contrast a little higher. I'm not sure if you can balance the field speed loss with the DLPB's Editing Tools.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: 2012-09-30 08:44:24 »
okay thanks. Looks fine I will try it

Edit :
- Added FeliX Leonhart's World Map Ocean Textures: world.exe
What is it exactly ? Can't find in the list of mods.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-01 12:26:58 by ManuBBXX »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: 2012-10-01 17:10:25 »
Damn I missed so much. I am back on the modding scene now. PitBrat, send me the link when you get on. I'll debug as much as I can.

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: 2012-10-01 17:29:41 »
Hello I got a problem, I just got yuffie on my party and went to fight a battle and encountered a problem. Her battle texture was flying all over the shop I had no control over her at all what is up with that, I was using yuffies long hair model and menu overhaul and lost wing gameplay mod. Thank you for any advice in advanced :) :D ;D ;)

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: 2012-10-01 17:32:32 »
Yay Vgr!  I've kept Bootleg warm on the back burner.  I still need to slip in all the new models.  I have my fingers crossed that the new ulgp tool will arrive on the scene soon.  I need it to begin testing.  Otherwise I have to rewrite some code.

Felix's ocean textures (world.exe) are currently exclusive to Bootleg.  They greatly improve the ocean appearance.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: 2012-10-01 19:25:32 »
Hello I got a problem, I just got yuffie on my party and went to fight a battle and encountered a problem. Her battle texture was flying all over the shop I had no control over her at all what is up with that, I was using yuffies long hair model and menu overhaul and lost wing gameplay mod. Thank you for any advice in advanced :) :D ;D ;)
Are you using the default ruffle or the Grimmy Yuffie? If the Grimmy one replace it with this revamped Yuffie model here improved and no bugs:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13703.0

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1957 on: 2012-10-01 20:14:54 »
Yay Vgr!  I've kept Bootleg warm on the back burner.  I still need to slip in all the new models.  I have my fingers crossed that the new ulgp tool will arrive on the scene soon.  I need it to begin testing.  Otherwise I have to rewrite some code.

Felix's ocean textures (world.exe) are currently exclusive to Bootleg.  They greatly improve the ocean appearance.

A few days more and I'll have Nightmare 7 Beta 1.0 out for you to stuff in 0040 ( oh, you will hate me :D )

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: 2012-10-01 21:30:36 »
A few days more and I'll have Nightmare 7 Beta 1.0 out for you to stuff in 0040 ( oh, you will hate me :D )

Sure, he will !!  ;D ;D

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: 2012-10-02 16:29:36 »
Are you using the default ruffle or the Grimmy Yuffie? If the Grimmy one replace it with this revamped Yuffie model here improved and no bugs:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13703.0

Thank you very much for your help that fixed up my problems a treat, sorry for not knowing there was a fixed version of the mod thanks again. Will this work with boot 39 or does this have to be done manually.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-02 22:36:31 by tifalockheart1983 »

IceflamePhoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: 2012-10-02 22:47:16 »
Good evening!

Hello there, my first post on here, so please be gentle if this information is elsewhere, I've tried to browse through most of this thread first to look for it.

Just so I can be clear, according to the install instructions you:

A) Open BFE, pick all the options you want
B) Open the list of mods, download all the ones you need (i.e. highlighted in red) into your Bootleg folder < Slight problem here, some of the mediafire links now don't lead to anything
C) Stick all of this into your FFVII folder
D) ???
E) PROFIT and play

Have I missed anything?

Is there any way I can just grab all the mods possibly required at once?

(I did notice the modlist torrent but is it comprehensive?)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers. =)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1961 on: 2012-10-02 22:58:23 »
the torrent includes everything needed for 0039 and the only way to get it all at once
the mediafire links are way outdated. use the forum and the big modlist
>C) Stick all of this into your FFVII folder
no
you stick it into the bootleg folder

IceflamePhoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: 2012-10-05 07:03:35 »
The Rocket Kuugen < Thank you.

One further question, in BFE, the 9999 limit breaker is marked as 'NOT COMPATIBLE' with Menu Overhaul, yet the box is only available to be ticked if Menu Overhaul is also ticked in the parent group, am I misunderstanding something here?

Cheers. =)

EDIT: PS. Extra question on this post, after you've run BFE/Bootleg successfully, you just run FFVII from the main .exe, or is there another shortcut/open method?
« Last Edit: 2012-10-05 07:05:31 by IceflamePhoenix »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1963 on: 2012-10-05 10:47:39 »
if you enable break 9999 in menu overhaul you can not enable it ALSO in the bootleg config after the install. That's pretty much what the non-compatible means

EDIT: PS. Extra question on this post, after you've run BFE/Bootleg successfully, you just run FFVII from the main .exe, or is there another shortcut/open method?

Bootloader.exe

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: 2012-10-06 20:20:27 »
Is there a mod that makes the world map model the same as the 1rst party member?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1965 on: 2012-10-06 22:01:54 »
It's been discussed here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10450.msg191050#msg191050

Apparently it can be done.

Jasong2004

• View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: 2012-10-13 07:17:43 »
I'm stoked for bootleg 040 whenever it arrives.  I can't get 0390 working no matter what I try (most likely a specific problem with my computer build) but I have hopes for 40.  The start of this thread has an extensive and amazing tutorial for how to do everything manually (or what bootleg does) and it doesn't seem to cause any problems doing it manually but there are so many steps involved that it would be a huge pain to screw up somewhere down the line and have to fresh install for the 20th time (not kidding).  Aside from running bootleg is there an easy (yet not as easy) way to get a lot of bang for my buck without a huge time investment into a potential crash and redo?  I would venture a guess probably not because I kind of want it all heh.  So many amazing graphical improvements!

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: 2012-10-14 23:26:03 »
Make sure to configure the sound device after running Bootleg.

Run ff7config.exe as administrator and select the correct sound device.

I'm putting some finishing touches on Bootleg .040.
The Nightmare Overhaul is still on my to do list.
There's still a  lot of testing necessary before this release is ready.
.040 Progress  Report
Code: [Select]
    Added New APZ Cloud Battle Model in Normal, Dark and Black Uniform: apzcloud_FINAL.rar, apzcloud_DLC.rar
    Added New APZ Cloud Field Model with and without Sword in Normal, Dark and Black: APZ Cloud Field V4.2.rar, black.zip
    Added New APZ Chibi Cloud Field Model in Normal, Dark and Black: Chibi APZ Cloud Beta.rar
    Added BlitzNCS New Chibi Cloud Field Model: NCS_NewChibiCloud.zip
    Added ComplexMultiShader: ComplexMultiShader.zip
    Added Omzy's FacePalmer Fixes: Omzy's FF7 Field Pack.zip, FixedLightingTextures PART1.rar, FixedLightingTextures PART2.rar, FixedMissing Files.rar, FixedSpecialCases.rar, itown1b.zip, ealin_2.zip
    Added Minmin's Transparent Avatars: minatars_1.1.zip
    Added Zendar's Coin Skill Textures: qsvyig.png, zeni_h_00.rar, zeni_h_00.rar, mj0dq1.png, amz5z5.png, Coin.rar
    Added Zendar's Blue Counter Numbers Texture: 2itfspt.png
    Added Missing PSF Music: ff7 missing psfs.zip
    Added Cait Sith Weapons: cait sith weapons.7z
    Added Cloud Weapons-- Dragon Murasame, APZ Buster, APZ Ragnarok, OmniBuster: apzbustertexid5.zip
    Added Individual Customization for Cloud Weapons: slayernexts with compiled textures.zip
    Added FMV Cutscene option: No Change
    Added Support of Re-Release Version: FF7 PC New to Old Converter By Kranmer FULL.exe
    Added New Track to Bootleg Soundtrack: 4-18 - Staff Roll (End Credits)-rev5-ff7music.ogg
    Added FeliX Leonhart's World Map Ocean Textures: world.exe
    Added Chibi Reconstruction Models: Chibi Reconstruction 1.5.exe, Mxsters Chibi Reconstruction V1.6.exe, CHIBICON.rar, Cloud.rar, clouddress.rar, Jessie Version 2.rar, Red13 Release.rar
    Added NameSpoofer's Cloud Strife ReModel: CloudRemodel.rar
    Added Whiteraven's AC Barret Battle Model: Whiteraven AC Barret Battle.rar
    Added Whiteraven's AC Tifa Models: Whiteraven Tifa Battle.rar, White Raven Tifa Mod.rar
    Added Whiteraven's Vincent Re-ReModel Battle Model: Whiteraven Vincent Battle.rar
    Added Whiteraven's AC Yuffie Battle Model: Whiteraven Yufie Battle fixed.rar
    Added Whiteraven's HQ Aerith Battle Model: Whiteraven Aerith Battle.rar
    Added Whiteraven's Mature APZ Cloud Battle Model: Whiteraven Apzcloud Mature-Rev.rar
    Added Weemus' FMV Style Models: Weeemus FMV Mod Beta 2.0d.rar
    Added JLOUTLAW's Hypersonic Limit Texture: Hyper Sonic Limit Texture.rar
    Added Bloodshot's Re-Animations: FF7 Re-animated.rar
    Added Recko's Gold Hilt Buster Sword Menu Background: buster_00.png
    Added Recko's Transparent Avatars: Avatars.zip
    Added Missing Hairstyles for High-us Minigame: Cloud and Tifa
    Restored Missing Materia Animations
    Restored Missing Menu Background-- Zendar's AC Buster Sword at Midgar
    Restored MinMin's Missing Avatars
    Revised Bootleg.log
    Revised Avalanche and Remix Model Installation
    Removed Glitched Field Textures: colne_6
    Updated German Conversion Thanks to Kompass63: gerFF7exe-03.zip
    Updated Gjoerulv's Hardcore Mod to 1.0.6: Gjoerulv-1.0.6.rar
    +Fixed Files Missing From LGP Archives Due to Ulgp Bug: ulgp_v0.7.7z
    +Fixed Translation of DISC_US.LGP
    +Fixed Broken Grimmy's AC Yuffie Battle Model
    +Fixed Grimmy's AC Yuffie always Installs with Grimmy's AC Tifa
    +Fixed Mismatched Enemy Lookup Table when Using Menu Overhaul ReTranslation with some mods: New Spell Names, Aeris Revival, Items Easy, Items Normal and Items Difficult
    +Fixed Crash due to Bootleg Setting Incorrect Sound Device
    +Fixed Crash After Remix When Using APZ Cloud or Timu Sumisu Barret
    +Fixed Missing/Broken Hairstyles for Cloud
    +Fixed Missing Cloud Wields Masamune Models
    +Fixed Broken Timu Barret+Kleyon Field Installation
    +Fixed Missing Summon Menu Command with Menu Overhaul: Hexteditor.zip
    +Fixed Missing Romeo 14 Materia Texture in Normal Mode
    +Fixed Alpha Blending for High-us Models: Cloud, Tifa, Aeris, Red XIII and Barret
    +Fixed Missing Sailor Moon Tifa Weapon
    +Fixed Missing Weapon Textures when No Change Selected for Battle Models
    Integrated Mods: ComplexMultiShader.zip, FixedLightingTextures PART1.rar, FixedLightingTextures PART2.rar, FixedMissing Files.rar, FixedSpecialCases.rar, ulgp_v0.7.7z, minatars_1.1.zip, qsvyig.png, 2itfspt.png, zeni_h_00.rar, zeni_h_00.rar, ff7 missing psfs.zip, cait sith weapons.7z, dragon buster.7z, Hexteditor.zip, Coin.rar, FF7 PC New to Old Converter By Kranmer V0.2.zip, itown1b.zip, ealin_2.zip, 4-18 - Staff Roll (End Credits)-rev5-ff7music.ogg, gerFF7exe-03.zip, apzbustertexid5.zip, slayernexts with compiled textures.zip, world.exe, Chibi Reconstruction 1.5.exe, Mxsters Chibi Reconstruction V1.6.exe, CHIBICON.rar, Cloud.rar, clouddress.rar, Jessie Version 2.rar, Red13 Release.rar, Whiteraven AC Barret Battle.rar, Whiteraven Tifa Battle.rar, White Raven Tifa Mod.rar, Whiteraven Vincent Battle.rar, Whiteraven Yufie Battle fixed.rar, Weeemus FMV Mod Beta 2.0d.rar, CloudRemodel.rar, Hyper Sonic Limit Texture.rar, FF7 Re-animated.rar, Whiteraven Aerith Battle.rar, apzcloud_FINAL.rar, apzcloud_DLC.rar, APZ Cloud Field V4.2.rar, black.zip, Chibi APZ Cloud Beta.rar, NCS_NewChibiCloud.zip, Whiteraven Apzcloud Mature-Rev.rar, Avatars.zip, Barret.zip
« Last Edit: 2012-10-15 00:37:14 by PitBrat »

Jasong2004

• View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: 2012-10-16 06:58:31 »
Make sure to configure the sound device after running Bootleg.

Run ff7config.exe as administrator and select the correct sound device.

Thanks PitBrat for the consideration.  I've tried that and many many other things.  I'm busy with school work now and FF7 isn't going anywhere so I'll wait, or if I get bored I'l learn how to do it by hand.  I appreceate all the hard work every member of this community does.  Thank you everyone.  Last thing, I do have one idea though.  Perhaps through some w7 oddity or maybe because of my specific motherboard the soundcard isn't seeing ff7 after bootleg runs.  Tomorrow I may try some tweaks card side while I'm doing some class reading and if the gods smile upon me that's what it is and I may have a viable solution for a few other posts I saw around the site.  If I don't edit this post with a positive solution then it didn't work (and it probably won't).

Again thank you PitBrat for all of your work.  Bootleg is the kind of utility a fan of ff7 dreams of.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: 2012-10-16 19:17:52 »
Just one question...would the ff7 remix still be needed and downloaded for Bootleg 0400?!?? (saying to self hoping wishing imagining hard: pls say no pls say no fingers crossed) :o

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: 2012-10-16 21:59:30 »
There are only 2 things left in The Remix: the original APZ Cloud battle model and the OCRemix soundtrack.
Bootleg now includes the new APZ Cloud models but still supports the old version from The Remix because some people prefer that model's face.
I'm seriously considering repackaging the OCRemix soundtrack and adding it as a separate--much smaller-- download.
Though The Remix is still used from some options, Bootleg no longer requires it.

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #1971 on: 2012-10-17 00:06:58 »
models are the same all you need to do is pack the texture. and oc remix isnt that in anxious heart?

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: 2012-10-17 00:14:31 »
The original APZ Cloud texture is partially ripped.  According to Qhimm rules, I cannot repackage it.
The OCRemix tracks from The Remix aren't included in Anxious Heart.

I can easily repackage the tracks.  The only source (at Qhimm) for the original APZ Cloud texture is The Remix.

Jasong2004

• View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: 2012-10-17 01:27:13 »
Wow... I'm very happy now. I got it all working.  I believe the issue was my MOBO's built in soundcard came with special software.  I did a reformat today for kicks for the most part and did a minimalist install with just updating drivers and now Bootleg and FFVII works!  Happy days.  I was selecting the soundcard inside of ff7config but the VIA software must have been interfearing somehow because that is essentially the only difference.  Small problem, everything seems to be running perfectly except Barretts face looks like a screwed up robot.  I can post the app log if needed.  I'll play with some configurations and see what I do but eh.  Not a huge deal.  Anyway for anyone else who might be having similar problems try installing any fancy audio software that is running your speakers.  *shrug* worked for me.

Edit: I wonder if Barrett's face glitch comes from renaming the 1.0.6 hardcore mod to 1.0.5 so it would work with bootleg.  From what I read this shouldn't be a problem because mostly what the 1.0.6 mod does is allow a user to point to a 2012 version of the game.  Hmm may have to try a reinstall in the future.  It's not too bad, he just looks like a terminator with one eye blown away and half of his upper lip cut off but it does have some minor interference in the immersion experience.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-17 02:09:46 by Jasong2004 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1974 on: 2012-10-17 04:03:58 »
It's probably just another error due to the broken ulgp tool. Essentially, the tool doesn't recompile the .lgp files correctly after installing the models you chose, so parts go missing. PitBrat is hoping for an update to it before the next Bootleg.