Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4929578 times)

HautSaus

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4925 on: 2017-02-11 06:34:53 »
Soft lock when enemy Head Hunter near Mideel turned to frog.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: 2017-02-11 12:42:55 »
There seems to be an issue when certain specific enemies are turned into Frogs due to some unknown cause. I'll set Headhunters to be immune to Frog as well.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: 2017-02-11 17:22:24 »
There seems to be an issue when certain specific enemies are turned into Frogs due to some unknown cause. I'll set Headhunters to be immune to Frog as well.

I don't think your mod likes having things transformed. It's gained enough sentience to know that, and so it is fighting you.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: 2017-02-11 18:17:15 »
It will lose D:

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: 2017-02-11 19:32:52 »
Question.
Spoiler: show

What?!?!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: 2017-02-11 19:35:25 »
Question.
Spoiler: show

What?!?!

Wonder how long that's been there.

racompave

• View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: 2017-02-11 19:41:14 »
Hello everyone.

It's been a while since the last time I played through this excellent mod ( 1.3 if I remember well ). I was about to start a new game and I was wondering how is the mod nowadays handling bugs, since the last time some of them pissed my off a little.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: 2017-02-11 21:10:20 »
Geebus, so I -finally- did the Coral Reactor Big Materia part. Good god that part is hell. It wasn't until I realized Aerith with Mp Turbo hooked up to Earth hit the red giant like a friggen nuke that I realized what my strategy was. Even then I had to do it twice cause Cid couldn't help but do a victory pose after beating the last guy causing the train to crash. That fight was ridiculous, and really had me thinking.

NoahADSP

• View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: 2017-02-11 22:07:27 »
i´m using the 7th heaven and playing the NT mod but even tho it says its on the version 1.4 i believe it is not he most updated version. for example the materias i have reduce my vitality and magic defense a lot also summons reduce mp wich should not happen?
is the catalog outdated or what? :s

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4934 on: 2017-02-12 00:17:04 »
The Catalog is only 1 update behind. I'll update it now with the most recent IRO.

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #4935 on: 2017-02-12 03:37:44 »
I stumbled upon the Junon Leagues en route to the Underwater Reactor, and it's been interesting. I'm doing the Fighter's League right now, and the Gun enemy keeps trying to cast Turk Guard on me, and it always misses. It sounds like a buff rather than an attack, so I'm wondering if this is intentional. Also, her defeat quote is:

Tseng "I got...careless..."

EDIT: On a different note, is there an item that inflicts Small?

EDIT: Hahahaha, just fought Blackjack with Elemental Attack + Gravity from fighting Smoke, plus 5 mastered Counter Attacks. Now that was an experience (eventually won with dirty bomb + hasting him, moving to back row, and getting 4 meteorains from his Pontoons attack)!

EDIT: When I talk to the League booker and select Cancel, it says "That bracket ain't available yet." and forces me to select one of the first three options.

EDIT: I was exploring Junon and went all the way to the end of the upper level (where the Cargo Ship was in Disk 1). At the very end of the dock, I found a second Comet materia. This wasn't mentioned in the documentation, and I honestly don't remember visiting that screen in the base game. Was that always there?
« Last Edit: 2017-02-12 05:13:45 by El Grillo »

arclitewut

• View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: 2017-02-12 11:39:08 »
any tips for the boss in sector 7 where you normally battle reno on the platform (in the dark cave). The fight where i have Red and Vincent aswell in the fight - after a while the monster just does the whirlwind like in the beginning of the ruby weapon fight twice in a row and a get a game over :/

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: 2017-02-12 16:11:54 »
The Catalog is only 1 update behind. I'll update it now with the most recent IRO.

I think there's an EXE edit being applied that shouldn't be in there; is it possible to remove it?

I stumbled upon the Junon Leagues en route to the Underwater Reactor, and it's been interesting. I'm doing the Fighter's League right now, and the Gun enemy keeps trying to cast Turk Guard on me, and it always misses. It sounds like a buff rather than an attack, so I'm wondering if this is intentional. Also, her defeat quote is:

Tseng "I got...careless..."

EDIT: On a different note, is there an item that inflicts Small?

EDIT: Hahahaha, just fought Blackjack with Elemental Attack + Gravity from fighting Smoke, plus 5 mastered Counter Attacks. Now that was an experience (eventually won with dirty bomb + hasting him, moving to back row, and getting 4 meteorains from his Pontoons attack)!

EDIT: When I talk to the League booker and select Cancel, it says "That bracket ain't available yet." and forces me to select one of the first three options.

EDIT: I was exploring Junon and went all the way to the end of the upper level (where the Cargo Ship was in Disk 1). At the very end of the dock, I found a second Comet materia. This wasn't mentioned in the documentation, and I honestly don't remember visiting that screen in the base game. Was that always there?

Looks like it's me that's been careless. Tseng's AI was used as a template, but I remember making a mistake with the Main AI and restarting; must've forgot to remove the other stuff the second time. Turk Guard is something Tseng uses on the enemies he appears with, so because they're not there the target AI doesn't know who to cast it on. I'm a bit nonplussed though because I fought the enemy at the time for testing and didn't see Turk Guard, etc. I did roll back the scene.bin at one stage though due to being worried about corrupted formation AI so maybe it snuck through that way.

The Shrivel item should inflict Small; you can get it from Gongaga's shops.

The menu for the League was shrunk and it bases script execution on which line was selected; Cancel is probably occupying what used to be a locked bracket, so I'll adjust the numbers used.

That 2nd Comet is in the event that the player doesn't catch the Corel Train at all and potentially loses Comet forever (this was also possible to do with Ultima in the default game; if you fail to catch up to the enemy train in the first place then you can't buy Ultima from the boy nor does he give it to you). I don't want anything to be missable.

any tips for the boss in sector 7 where you normally battle reno on the platform (in the dark cave). The fight where i have Red and Vincent aswell in the fight - after a while the monster just does the whirlwind like in the beginning of the ruby weapon fight twice in a row and a get a game over :/

You need to watch the types of attacks being used. When hit with a physical attack, the boss will become immune to it but lose Magic immunity (and vise versa). Red and Vincent make this more complicated because they will be attacking autonomously to your group and swapping the boss' immunity. It's also like the purple materia cave fight where the boss will 'enrage' if it grows too large and wipe the party.

It takes double damage from Earth and Holy, but nulls Gravity, halves Wind, and absorbs Hidden. Defensively it's quite weak (95 for both Defence and MDef) but has 279,999 HP so multi-hit attacks are the way to go. Comet2 and 4x-Cut should quickly wear it down, but don't use W-Magic as it counts as two separate casts with his AI updating between them (so the second cast won't inflict damage, unless you use that 2nd cast for healing or something).

You also want to try and use MBarrier to cut down on the drained healing he'll get from Vac-Drain, and Confusion protection is the only status you need to worry about.

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: 2017-02-12 18:07:32 »
I visited Cosmo Canyon in Disk 3 and got the Seraph Comb after the cutscene, but I don't have the Gi Cave Key in my inventory, nor can I open the door, even with Red XIII in my party.

EDIT: Heh, the post-Highwind Battle Arena fights don't pull their punches. Thank goodness for Remove and sleep/poison/silence!
« Last Edit: 2017-02-12 21:22:39 by El Grillo »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: 2017-02-12 20:41:17 »
I think there's an EXE edit being applied that shouldn't be in there; is it possible to remove it?

The only EXE edits that could be happening is if they use Menu Overhaul and/or Beacause. Both use a different EXE (ff7_mo.exe and ff7_bc.exe). In the next Catalog update, I have changed these edits to hext, so there won't be anymore need for assigning different EXEs in the Settings. If I can be told what the EXE is changing, I can test it with the new hext format to see if it's fixed when using alongside NT.

F-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: 2017-02-13 10:38:40 »
The only EXE edits that could be happening is if they use Menu Overhaul and/or Beacause. Both use a different EXE (ff7_mo.exe and ff7_bc.exe). In the next Catalog update, I have changed these edits to hext, so there won't be anymore need for assigning different EXEs in the Settings. If I can be told what the EXE is changing, I can test it with the new hext format to see if it's fixed when using alongside NT.

I also have this problem and I think that no extra exe patching acutally happens. File ff7_mo.exe just naturally contains all changes (Limit Break and Materia Equip effects) reserved to Arrange version as you discussed about earlier in this topic: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16879.0
I may be wrong, but that seems unlikely as my ff7_mo.exe was edited 9.1.2016 and has Arrange changes as I checked them with HEXT TOOLS and Libre. This should be fixable.

EDIT: OK, I think I fixed it for me. HEXT TOOLS and Libre are really handy for this.
« Last Edit: 2017-02-13 11:06:50 by F-man »

NoahADSP

• View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: 2017-02-13 20:13:03 »
so it seems that the ffvii.exe is working just fine with the newest version of the mod. however once i turn on the overhaul mod and change it to ffvii_mo.exe it reverts back to the older version of the new threat mod not sure whats causing the problem

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: 2017-02-13 20:44:19 »
so it seems that the ffvii.exe is working just fine with the newest version of the mod. however once i turn on the overhaul mod and change it to ffvii_mo.exe it reverts back to the older version of the new threat mod not sure whats causing the problem

Probably because long ago when I added the ff7_mo.exe, I had Menu Overhaul installed on top of NT ff7.exe (which is no longer used now). Please wait for the Catalog update 3.0, which I hope to release this weekend. The ff7_mo.exe and ff7_bc.exe will no longer be needed and removed, and instead changes from the mods will all be added directly through hex editing within 7H.

arclitewut

• View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: 2017-02-14 17:56:44 »
Probably because long ago when I added the ff7_mo.exe, I had Menu Overhaul installed on top of NT ff7.exe (which is no longer used now). Please wait for the Catalog update 3.0, which I hope to release this weekend. The ff7_mo.exe and ff7_bc.exe will no longer be needed and removed, and instead changes from the mods will all be added directly through hex editing within 7H.

are there any new mods or what are the new features on the new version :P?

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: 2017-02-15 04:58:57 »
Alright, I've finished Disk 2 and now have access to the Crater. I read something earlier about how the new sidequests are only unlocked when you reach the Point of No Return. Is that true? Also, should I do the Materia Caves and WEAPONs now, or later with the new optional bosses?

Some play feedback: Due to being overleveled, I've found that I don't need barriers up constantly for bosses with proper setup, and can instead put up Haste and Resist on the first turn. I also have front-row Barret set up with Enemy Launcher with a weapon element that my party absorbs, 2 Covers, and as many Counter Attacks I can fit.  It's quite fun to clear random encounters before taking any actions, at full health.
« Last Edit: 2017-02-15 05:05:26 by El Grillo »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: 2017-02-15 15:05:28 »
Alright, I've finished Disk 2 and now have access to the Crater. I read something earlier about how the new sidequests are only unlocked when you reach the Point of No Return. Is that true? Also, should I do the Materia Caves and WEAPONs now, or later with the new optional bosses?

Some play feedback: Due to being overleveled, I've found that I don't need barriers up constantly for bosses with proper setup, and can instead put up Haste and Resist on the first turn. I also have front-row Barret set up with Enemy Launcher with a weapon element that my party absorbs, 2 Covers, and as many Counter Attacks I can fit.  It's quite fun to clear random encounters before taking any actions, at full health.

Good ol' blender strats; Enemy Launcher tends to get overlooked.

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: 2017-02-15 19:42:02 »
Hmm, I picked up two Apocalypses from the Ancient Forest, and didn't fight a boss at the end.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: 2017-02-15 19:43:45 »
Hmm, I picked up two Apocalypses from the Ancient Forest, and didn't fight a boss at the end.

I'll fix that up for 1.5; doing a playthrough just now.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: 2017-02-15 21:52:09 »
Been gone for quite a bit, but since it sounds like 1.5 is close to being ready to go, I figure now is the time to come on back. When 1.5 comes out I'll do the videos again since a lot of people seemed to get some help and tips out of them. Only with your endorsement though off course. I do have a couple of questions though some of these may have already been answered:

- So is 1.5 the without a shadow of a doubt, money back guaranteed, no takesies-backsies final version of the mod? Not counting bug fix patches and all that?

- When 1.5 is released, would you recommend simply purging all 1.4 content and deleting FFVII as a whole and reinstalling everything from base, or no? This is for the Steam version.

- Will Arranged and New Game+ come with 1.5 or will those be added on after the fact?

- Should we expect those much talked about .exe only changes with 1.5 or will those be added on after the fact?

- In regards to a possible "FFVIII NT"as it were, if that ever does get off the ground, which I really hope it does because I love that game flaws and all, will there be some sort of equivalent forum for it here on qhimm? I'd love to share some ideas and such with everyone in regards to what could and should be done to fix the problems that game has in a mod.

- And for one comment I read in here earlier in regards to Abyss. It may have already been patched and/or changed for 1.5 but I have to disagree with the changing of the how that fight works. I thought that was a brilliant mechanic personally. He uses Bad Breath against you so if you didn't have it beforehand, you get it there, then you use it right back on him to trigger Esuna Dance to make him lose his "breath". You could add a textbox or something else that eludes to what needs to be done in that fight instead of getting rid of it entirely? Just a thought.

- You mentioned somewhere in here that Omega Weapon's Terra Break could be circumvented with Defend? I tried that multiple times but I could never get it to work. I even mentioned this in my video's description. Was this implemented later on in an update or was it always there? Did you have to do something special to get it to trigger? If it helps any, I published the video on the 27th of April.

That's about all for now, when 1.5 hits I'll be sure to pepper you with bug reports and comments as always. Great job and Congrats on getting this thing so close to being finished!
« Last Edit: 2017-02-15 22:14:02 by MoCheese »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: 2017-02-16 00:39:39 »
Been gone for quite a bit, but since it sounds like 1.5 is close to being ready to go, I figure now is the time to come on back. When 1.5 comes out I'll do the videos again since a lot of people seemed to get some help and tips out of them. Only with your endorsement though off course. I do have a couple of questions though some of these may have already been answered:

- So is 1.5 the without a shadow of a doubt, money back guaranteed, no takesies-backsies final version of the mod? Not counting bug fix patches and all that?

- When 1.5 is released, would you recommend simply purging all 1.4 content and deleting FFVII as a whole and reinstalling everything from base, or no? This is for the Steam version.

- Will Arranged and New Game+ come with 1.5 or will those be added on after the fact?

- Should we expect those much talked about .exe only changes with 1.5 or will those be added on after the fact?

- In regards to a possible "FFVIII NT"as it were, if that ever does get off the ground, which I really hope it does because I love that game flaws and all, will there be some sort of equivalent forum for it here on qhimm? I'd love to share some ideas and such with everyone in regards to what could and should be done to fix the problems that game has in a mod.

- And for one comment I read in here earlier in regards to Abyss. It may have already been patched and/or changed for 1.5 but I have to disagree with the changing of the how that fight works. I thought that was a brilliant mechanic personally. He uses Bad Breath against you so if you didn't have it beforehand, you get it there, then you use it right back on him to trigger Esuna Dance to make him lose his "breath". You could add a textbox or something else that eludes to what needs to be done in that fight instead of getting rid of it entirely? Just a thought.

- You mentioned somewhere in here that Omega Weapon's Terra Break could be circumvented with Defend? I tried that multiple times but I could never get it to work. I even mentioned this in my video's description. Was this implemented later on in an update or was it always there? Did you have to do something special to get it to trigger? If it helps any, I published the video on the 27th of April.

That's about all for now, when 1.5 hits I'll be sure to pepper you with bug reports and comments as always. Great job and Congrats on getting this thing so close to being finished!

It's the last major update; every niggling problem like bad music cues, sound effect problems, typos, etc. is getting raked through and fixed as I do a playthrough. Same thing with the enemy balancing and events; some things are being moved, others deleted. Anything that hasn't worked out very well and which can't be salvaged is getting the axe. The update can be patched on top of 1.4 and save files should be compatible but I might need to use the Debug NPC on the Highwind to fix clashes with variables; there's already a problem like that with some of the Lv.4 Limit sidequests (Tifa & Cid) in the current build. You won't need to reinstall FF7 at least.

The .EXE patch is going to be put in along with the update; probably going to use Hext Tools or the new tool DLPB made which has that built in.

I'll start a thread here for FF8 NT; I'll likely need a lot of feedback to get that project into good shape because of all the different systems the game uses like level scaling. There's a document here if you're interested in having a read/writing down ideas in the meantime: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19yxhvgv-H56vZ_JPNtMV85tHyLSDfpQtqZc7xmtHrBA/edit

I'll figure something out for Abyss.

Omega's Terra Break should deal 0 damage if Defend is used but the method I put in place to make that happen is quite sloppy; he checks for the Defend status in his pre-action AI and then loads a 0 damage version of the attack instead of the normal one. I think the timing can be missed; either way, it needs to be sorted out. I tried to make it too faithful to his FF8 counterpart when I should have just done my own thing instead. Same with FFX Nemesis, he's even more one-dimensional.