Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837090 times)

Asair

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.98)
« Reply #10825 on: 2021-05-02 00:08:45 »
You can dig it up from Bone Village, and the success rate has been raised to 100% but the other condition is that the player is on Disc 3.

Ah, okay, that's good to know, I've been trying to dig it up on disc 2. Thank you for the quick response. Probably saved me a lot of frustration lol.

Zentrius

• View Profile
« Reply #10826 on: 2021-05-02 20:48:17 »
quick question: is the touph ring behaving properly? the item descriptions says it resists fire/ice/thunder but in the status menu, those elements arent highlighted in the halved section. dont know if its just a visual thing or the mechanic just does not work.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10827 on: 2021-05-02 23:17:49 »
quick question: is the touph ring behaving properly? the item descriptions says it resists fire/ice/thunder but in the status menu, those elements arent highlighted in the halved section. dont know if its just a visual thing or the mechanic just does not work.

I checked the kernel and they don't have the elements set. Will sort that out.

Zentrius

• View Profile
« Reply #10828 on: 2021-05-03 03:34:24 »
the 1/35 soldier respawns back again in cosmo canyon after taking it. you literally only need to exit the screen and enter it again in order for it to respawn. very exploitable, since it lets you grab that ridiculous stat up materia from the black cap in the m,ythril caves EXTREMELY early

theres also a battle formation that crashes the game as soon as the battle begins, in section in which the marlboro and pollensalta appear in the northern cave. im assuming its the new enemy from which you learn chrono cure. this one is weird since a crash report pop up error is not even thrown out, the game just soft locks and crashes.
« Last Edit: 2021-05-03 05:46:29 by Zentrius »

Asair

• View Profile
« Reply #10829 on: 2021-05-03 07:14:47 »
So I failed to stop the train and I'm on disc 3 but for some reason I can't acquire the renew materia by paying 50,000 gil. Whenever I talk to the npc, the option to buy it pops up but the cursor begins on the no option and won't let you move up to the purchase option only down to a blank option that when you select functions as a no, I would imagine the text box is just bugged.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10830 on: 2021-05-03 11:44:53 »
the 1/35 soldier respawns back again in cosmo canyon after taking it. you literally only need to exit the screen and enter it again in order for it to respawn. very exploitable, since it lets you grab that ridiculous stat up materia from the black cap in the m,ythril caves EXTREMELY early

theres also a battle formation that crashes the game as soon as the battle begins, in section in which the marlboro and pollensalta appear in the northern cave. im assuming its the new enemy from which you learn chrono cure. this one is weird since a crash report pop up error is not even thrown out, the game just soft locks and crashes.

The guy in the mines checks the variable by which each of these items are picked up by in addition to the quantity you have in inventory so if you pick up 12 of these in this way he shouldn't hand over the Materia. I'm going to change the item quantity part from an == to a >= so that people affected by this don't get locked out from getting the Materia later even if they find all 12. I'll fix the Cosmo one as well.

Thanks for telling me the area within North Crater, narrows the culprit down.
Edit: It was the 2nd Death Dealer entry that's used for a back-attack and a pincer battle. The AI in pre-battle didn't have its jumps set quite right from the Hard Mode refactor which locked it up; have fixed.

So I failed to stop the train and I'm on disc 3 but for some reason I can't acquire the renew materia by paying 50,000 gil. Whenever I talk to the npc, the option to buy it pops up but the cursor begins on the no option and won't let you move up to the purchase option only down to a blank option that when you select functions as a no, I would imagine the text box is just bugged.

Yeah the lines were set to 2 and 3 instead of 1 and 2; it'll be in next patch.
« Last Edit: 2021-05-03 11:54:02 by Sega Chief »

Zentrius

• View Profile
« Reply #10831 on: 2021-05-03 16:25:34 »
there's also a minor bug that i found regarding manipulate, dragon force and the dark dragon at the northern cave. for some reason, when you manipulate the dragon and try to use dragon force on the party, the game only lets you use it on the very first character. it doesnt let you at all change the target. its very minor since you have to put the person with enemy skill on the first spot of the party, but id did not go in too many dephts if it just affects the dark dragon/dark force or if its a manipulate thing. for what its worth, from the other uses i gave to manipulate, its the only time that ever happened to me.

the game is also crashing at the safer sephiroth battle. probably due to a counter? i had aerith use comet2 with w magic and from what happened, the game crashed after aerith finished casting the first comet2. so since she didnt even start casting the 2nd comet2, im assuming safer sephiroth countered the first comet2 with an attack that caused the crash. seems serious to me.
« Last Edit: 2021-05-03 22:06:09 by Zentrius »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10832 on: 2021-05-04 00:24:35 »
there's also a minor bug that i found regarding manipulate, dragon force and the dark dragon at the northern cave. for some reason, when you manipulate the dragon and try to use dragon force on the party, the game only lets you use it on the very first character. it doesnt let you at all change the target. its very minor since you have to put the person with enemy skill on the first spot of the party, but id did not go in too many dephts if it just affects the dark dragon/dark force or if its a manipulate thing. for what its worth, from the other uses i gave to manipulate, its the only time that ever happened to me.

the game is also crashing at the safer sephiroth battle. probably due to a counter? i had aerith use comet2 with w magic and from what happened, the game crashed after aerith finished casting the first comet2. so since she didnt even start casting the 2nd comet2, im assuming safer sephiroth countered the first comet2 with an attack that caused the crash. seems serious to me.

He doesn't have any direct counter-attacks, just two counter-scripts that reduce defence (or magic defence) when he gets hit. I tried the fight out and fired off a w-magic comet2 but it seemed fine.

Any other mods on like for UI, spell textures, boss models? Anything like FFNx installed with 7th heaven?

Zentrius

• View Profile
« Reply #10833 on: 2021-05-04 00:28:49 »
i run new threat with 7th heaven, but only the new threat mod with no other mod active.

ill fight him later on tonight to see if i can reproduce it again. ill use the same party just in case (aeris vincent cloud)

btw when it happened to me, it wasn't the first w-magic comet2 that i fired off. i did that like 4 times. it was just after a specific time that it crashed.

ETA: weird, didnt happen again now. wonder how that crash came to be.
« Last Edit: 2021-05-04 01:51:45 by Zentrius »

Asair

• View Profile
« Reply #10834 on: 2021-05-04 02:48:50 »
You can dig it up from Bone Village, and the success rate has been raised to 100% but the other condition is that the player is on Disc 3.

So I made it to disc 3, I tried digging this up in the spot where the internet says it would normally be, I get S-Mine 100% of the time, no Bahamut Zero. Doesn't look like any of the other spots are active either, I'll keep digging but looks like it is busted, messing up that large materia mission has really screwed me. No renew or Bahamut Zero ):

Asair

• View Profile
« Reply #10835 on: 2021-05-04 09:52:26 »
I'm also having an issue where whenever I attempt to fight Jenova-Synthesis. The boss comes onto the platform and I get the combat transition effect and then my screen goes dark and the game freezes.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10836 on: 2021-05-04 14:18:14 »
i run new threat with 7th heaven, but only the new threat mod with no other mod active.

ill fight him later on tonight to see if i can reproduce it again. ill use the same party just in case (aeris vincent cloud)

btw when it happened to me, it wasn't the first w-magic comet2 that i fired off. i did that like 4 times. it was just after a specific time that it crashed.

ETA: weird, didnt happen again now. wonder how that crash came to be.

Maybe a memory thing, but it'll be hard to guess; if it does occur again, get a copy of your APP.log which should be in the FF7 folder (or FFNx.log) and that might be able to pinpoint it.

So I made it to disc 3, I tried digging this up in the spot where the internet says it would normally be, I get S-Mine 100% of the time, no Bahamut Zero. Doesn't look like any of the other spots are active either, I'll keep digging but looks like it is busted, messing up that large materia mission has really screwed me. No renew or Bahamut Zero ):

I'll check into the field script again; I can see it listed within there but I'll check the flag.

I'm also having an issue where whenever I attempt to fight Jenova-Synthesis. The boss comes onto the platform and I get the combat transition effect and then my screen goes dark and the game freezes.

This had the same issue as Jersey and one of the Death Dealers, the AI in pre-battle was a bit messed up when inserting the new hard mode properties. I've fixed it up and it'll be part of the patch tonight.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99)
« Reply #10837 on: 2021-05-04 23:55:46 »
Patch is up:

Spoiler: show

v2.099
*) AI fixes for Jersey, Death Dealer, and Jenova SYNTHESIS
*) Schizo HP was restored to intended values
*) 1/32 Soldier in Cosmo Canyon could be picked up repeatedly
*) 1/32 Soldier NPC hand-in check was adjusted to account for above
*) Added a line of dialogue to Cosmo NPC who fixes the car and offers advice when paid
*) North Corel: Text box for buying Materia from boy was fixed (if train crashes)
*) Dragon Force: Effect and targeting changed
*) Touph Ring: Elemental resistance flags added

Deborahyugo

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.97)
« Reply #10838 on: 2021-05-05 16:01:46 »
I would try Cloud as party leader there instead; maybe it was changed and I forgot about it. I think the script will add Tifa and Cid to the party when it's activated as Cloud.

It worked! Thanks!
Another question I can't  find the things that are needed for the masamune. I have the; murasame and moonstone. But really don't know where to find the zenogias plate and 7778 needles. I tried steeling from cactuars but no luck :(

Asair

• View Profile
« Reply #10839 on: 2021-05-05 17:20:32 »
I appreciate the quick work on the patch but for some reason my 7th heaven is not registering that it needs to update even when I refresh my mods and close/open the program, still have 2.098 and doesn't ask to patch.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10840 on: 2021-05-05 21:43:43 »
It worked! Thanks!
Another question I can't  find the things that are needed for the masamune. I have the; murasame and moonstone. But really don't know where to find the zenogias plate and 7778 needles. I tried steeling from cactuars but no luck :(

Zenogias Plate is by buying the Costa villa and then acquired from the basement. 7778 Needles I think can be stolen, dropped, or Morphed. For the Steal, try having a Sneak Glove equipped for it (from Wall Market, guy who sells you batteries early on). Morph should be done using Yuffie's Conformer weapon if you have it.

I appreciate the quick work on the patch but for some reason my 7th heaven is not registering that it needs to update even when I refresh my mods and close/open the program, still have 2.098 and doesn't ask to patch.

Sorry, the version number wasn't changed on the pastebin that the catalog uses to pull IROs through. It should download it now once it's gotten past cache. If it doesn't update right away, then the IRO can be downloaded from the first post on this thread and imported.

galax-C

• View Profile
« Reply #10841 on: 2021-05-07 00:03:08 »
Thoroughly enjoyed the game. That added conversation with Tifa in the icicle inn hit the feels. When I beat the game it told me to ask you for a link to Game Type C. Is that a real thing?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10842 on: 2021-05-07 19:46:45 »
Thoroughly enjoyed the game. That added conversation with Tifa in the icicle inn hit the feels. When I beat the game it told me to ask you for a link to Game Type C. Is that a real thing?

Nah, it was just gonna be a joke link that appears when you beat the game on hard (without using the toggle) and without sources but all that's inside is an image from some old ceefax thing we used to have in the 90s called Bamboozle. But then I think wdx did it and the link had some missing characters because some of the characters in the link aren't valid for the game. I'll remove the text, I forgot all about it.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10843 on: 2021-05-08 04:16:42 »
wdx did it and the link had some missing characters because some of the characters in the link aren't valid for the game. I'll remove the text, I forgot all about it.

underscore was the problem char. was done with disabling the exp as well to see if the txt changed (which it didnt), on that side, curious to why both tifa/barret are lvl8 after the first fight (which can't run away from) rest of the party members are lvl7 :>

you could use the likes of imgur (which keeps images up) rather than downloading file first, that would solve the issue of _'s 

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10844 on: 2021-05-09 00:30:41 »
underscore was the problem char. was done with disabling the exp as well to see if the txt changed (which it didnt), on that side, curious to why both tifa/barret are lvl8 after the first fight (which can't run away from) rest of the party members are lvl7 :>

you could use the likes of imgur (which keeps images up) rather than downloading file first, that would solve the issue of _'s 

When a party member joins for the first time they have their level initialised against the current average of all currently acquired characters. The kernel has a value that modifies this average, so the joining character will have the average level +/- this modifier. So if Cloud is Lv.7 and the only character, the average is Lv.7 and so when Barret joins with a modifier of +1 he starts as Lv.8.

Deborahyugo

• View Profile
« Reply #10845 on: 2021-05-09 07:20:49 »
Zenogias Plate is by buying the Costa villa and then acquired from the basement. 7778 Needles I think can be stolen, dropped, or Morphed. For the Steal, try having a Sneak Glove equipped for it (from Wall Market, guy who sells you batteries early on). Morph should be done using Yuffie's Conformer weapon if you have it.

Thanks! Gonna try again! 😊👍🏻

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10846 on: 2021-05-09 12:50:08 »
Thanks to K and N. H for the very generous donations, cheers.

Parivir

• View Profile
« Reply #10847 on: 2021-05-10 03:58:50 »
Hey Sega,

I'm coming across an issue on the basement of Nibelheim mansion, type B, after Cloud rejoins post Mideel. A fight scene triggers after the flasback with Zack where I'm playing as Cloud vs 4 Shinra soldiers and another mob; upon killing them, I get an error saying "an unknown exception has occurred" and the game crashes.

It's probably worth noting I started my save file late last year and Steam updated the game on me in the middle, so I had to reinstall new threat.

« Reply #10848 on: 2021-05-11 21:50:28 »
Started a TwitchPlays of New Threat 2.0. Game Type B. Hard Mode. We just escaped Midgar! Come say hello and give us advice over on https://www.twitch.tv/twitchplaysspeedruns.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10849 on: 2021-05-12 09:13:40 »
Hey Sega,

I'm coming across an issue on the basement of Nibelheim mansion, type B, after Cloud rejoins post Mideel. A fight scene triggers after the flasback with Zack where I'm playing as Cloud vs 4 Shinra soldiers and another mob; upon killing them, I get an error saying "an unknown exception has occurred" and the game crashes.

It's probably worth noting I started my save file late last year and Steam updated the game on me in the middle, so I had to reinstall new threat.

The save file should be fine so long as it was made on a 2.0 build. Are you on the latest version, 2.099? One of the fixes made recently was for this issue.

Started a TwitchPlays of New Threat 2.0. Game Type B. Hard Mode. We just escaped Midgar! Come say hello and give us advice over on https://www.twitch.tv/twitchplaysspeedruns.

I jumped in and seems to be sitting at Under Junon. Not really sure what advice I can give for a run like that.