Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837841 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99)
« Reply #10850 on: 2021-05-12 09:13:40 »
Hey Sega,

I'm coming across an issue on the basement of Nibelheim mansion, type B, after Cloud rejoins post Mideel. A fight scene triggers after the flasback with Zack where I'm playing as Cloud vs 4 Shinra soldiers and another mob; upon killing them, I get an error saying "an unknown exception has occurred" and the game crashes.

It's probably worth noting I started my save file late last year and Steam updated the game on me in the middle, so I had to reinstall new threat.

The save file should be fine so long as it was made on a 2.0 build. Are you on the latest version, 2.099? One of the fixes made recently was for this issue.

Started a TwitchPlays of New Threat 2.0. Game Type B. Hard Mode. We just escaped Midgar! Come say hello and give us advice over on https://www.twitch.tv/twitchplaysspeedruns.

I jumped in and seems to be sitting at Under Junon. Not really sure what advice I can give for a run like that.

jugend

• View Profile
« Reply #10851 on: 2021-05-13 02:19:15 »
Just started 2.0! Been really looking forward to it.

One small nitpick though... I've been playing on hard mode which is fine, and the no gil from battles is just might be okay and add to the experience, but I can never steal anything in new threat and atm I'm finding it a little too tedious rather than adding to the hard mode.

Would it be feasible to make the no battle gil just an alternative option? I know you can turn off hard mode... but going back and forth just feels a little iffy to me and it's kinda awkward too. Atm if I need gil, I have to do the area in hard, then switch back to normal and just grind out the area which is a little too grindy for me. I'm sure as the game progress and you get more drops etc it's better though.

Just to add; I like the "idea" of no gil, scrounging up cash for stuff and just getting by, always feels really rewarding in games to me personally, but I'm not sure if it works with this because of stealing being much less successful in NT and inns being everywhere. Like I said, just kinda feels tedious... I don't feel in danger, just that I'm spending unessacry time grinding which isn't adding much to the gameplay. Maybe if inns/tents were disabled or the price was dramatically increased... then it would feel harder as I'd really be struggling to keep up with the heals needed to grind out gil to keep myself going... but that's another discussion...
« Last Edit: 2021-05-13 03:06:14 by jugend »

Parivir

• View Profile
« Reply #10852 on: 2021-05-13 02:22:32 »
The save file should be fine so long as it was made on a 2.0 build. Are you on the latest version, 2.099? One of the fixes made recently was for this issue.

No i'm pretty sure I'm on 2.097. I'll get 2.099 and give it a shot.

Thank you sir.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10853 on: 2021-05-13 11:17:49 »

One small nitpick though... I've been playing on hard mode which is fine, and the no gil from battles is just might be okay and add to the experience, but I can never steal anything in new threat and atm I'm finding it a little too tedious rather than adding to the hard mode.

there are some really quick ways of obtaining gil at most points within the game, dex will help a bit.  between steals morphing and drops gil shouldln't really be much of an issue.

an example is the following:
Spoiler: show

2xWhole Eater 162hp Morph Setup need low roll
Cloud Hardedge, Titan Bangle, Acc star
restore dealthblow morph sense hp absorb steal
Aeris Gaurd Stickm Bronze Bangle
all ice lightning barrier restore steal

a little later just after leave midgar

efficient 3x kalm wolves method
TIFA setup
grand glove fire+all +lightning sense
bronze bangle elemental poison destruct
star pendant
BARRET Setup
gattlinggun gravity barrier ice heal hp absorb
bronzebangle all fire enenmyskill
phoenixring
CLOUD setup
hardedge fire-elemental morph db
goldarmlet 3xsteal chocomog
peacering
Tifa + Barret Cast Fire then Morph only with Cloud
KALM INN IS ONLY 20GIL A NIGHT
farm 50 vamp fangs. buy potions / tents etc

u can get slightly more effiecient than the above.  if u let me know where u are in the game i can likely give u a detailed setup that will provide u with all ur gil needs, tbh thou i highly suggest that you experiment a little more with materia setup alongside morphing almost everything you see at some point then check what that item sells
the highest selling item is
 stardust a whopping 25000gil morph from 1st jenova u meet cargo ship on way across to costa de sol

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10854 on: 2021-05-13 13:35:13 »

Would it be feasible to make the no battle gil just an alternative option? I know you can turn off hard mode... but going back and forth just feels a little iffy to me and it's kinda awkward too. Atm if I need gil, I have to do the area in hard, then switch back to normal and just grind out the area which is a little too grindy for me. I'm sure as the game progress and you get more drops etc it's better though.

Just to add; I like the "idea" of no gil, scrounging up cash for stuff and just getting by, always feels really rewarding in games to me personally, but I'm not sure if it works with this because of stealing being much less successful in NT and inns being everywhere. Like I said, just kinda feels tedious... I don't feel in danger, just that I'm spending unessacry time grinding which isn't adding much to the gameplay. Maybe if inns/tents were disabled or the price was dramatically increased... then it would feel harder as I'd really be struggling to keep up with the heals needed to grind out gil to keep myself going... but that's another discussion...

Yeah, you might be right. The other elements of the game would need to be adjusted and tweaked to properly bring the most out of that change. I think enemy level increases in hard mode as well which is why steal rate is less than usual, and clashes with the gil thing.

there are some really quick ways of obtaining gil at most points within the game, dex will help a bit.  between steals morphing and drops gil shouldln't really be much of an issue.

Dex doesn't affect the Steal rate; I used to think this too and I reckon the reason is that Steal Materia in vanilla comes with a +2 Dexterity bonus which I guess implies this stat governs the action, but like Manipulate it's completely based on User's Level and Target's Level (with the item's 'chance' value factored in).

Jonesin4Rock

• View Profile
« Reply #10855 on: 2021-05-15 00:28:18 »
I was going to give 2.0 a go and I have a folder from when I played 1.5 with Wallmarket,  Black Chocobo and Proudclod programs in it,   I assume one of them was to check the item drops/steals/morphs of the enemies within the mod?   Are any of them still needed or useful for anything?

Also is there a list of limit break changes?  I couldn't find them in the documentation.

Edit:   Proudclod pointed at the New Threat scene.bin lets me check all the enemy drop rates/steals/morphs pretty easily,  also WallMarket pointed to New Threat kernal.bin shows me what each limit break does,  wish there was documentation for more lol,   amazing mod btw!
« Last Edit: 2021-05-15 16:46:40 by Jonesin4Rock »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10856 on: 2021-05-15 12:03:11 »
I was going to give 2.0 a go and I have a folder from when I played 1.5 with Wallmarket,  Black Chocobo and Proudclod programs in it,   I assume one of them was to check the item drops/steals/morphs of the enemies within the mod?   Are any of them still needed or useful for anything?

Also is there a list of limit break changes?  I couldn't find them in the documentation.

you can see the limit break changes within the check limit area/or upon usage if hit assist/target button. braver for example reduces an enemies defense by 5%. 1.5 I'd keep that as balancing features etc are different :)

current list of steals morphs as of 2.099 can be found at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UXnqC_AOEVEUEKx6ABYyzGBJ2a29qA7cS2rdk02nbFo/edit?usp=sharing and is updated as i play through :) (should be looked as a mini lvl7 guide walk through more or less) type B no SP No ExP run. might be a few changes since 2.094 or if an enemy had 2 different steals/drops might not all be listed, that guide is very comprehensive with original purpose to be used for possible hundo speedrun :> (i've had 2 successful runs so far) on hard mode type b (1 sitting) still to work out strats for lvl7 via one single sitting :>

Berub

• View Profile
« Reply #10857 on: 2021-05-15 17:32:26 »
There's also this spreadsheet extracted from game files: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-BJ9-sh2_40sI3MEf_MW5zIcXMtJ2kjSayYqYZG5iL4

« Reply #10858 on: 2021-05-16 02:07:41 »
I just wanted to say a huge thanks to SegaChief for this mod! Its a perfect enhancement and expansion to my favourite game. We named Cid after you in our current run :P Do you have a link where I could donate a few bucks? Huge respect!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10859 on: 2021-05-16 14:57:22 »

Edit:   Proudclod pointed at the New Threat scene.bin lets me check all the enemy drop rates/steals/morphs pretty easily,  also WallMarket pointed to New Threat kernal.bin shows me what each limit break does,  wish there was documentation for more lol,   amazing mod btw!

I'll review the documentation and see about adding some more detail in there, maybe a new .txt that goes into more depth about stuff.

I just wanted to say a huge thanks to SegaChief for this mod! Its a perfect enhancement and expansion to my favourite game. We named Cid after you in our current run :P Do you have a link where I could donate a few bucks? Huge respect!

Cheers, man; also yeah, there's a donation link on the first post of this thread at the bottom. Much appreciated.

Jonesin4Rock

• View Profile
« Reply #10860 on: 2021-05-16 17:30:06 »
Would it be possible for a list of missable items?   Like the rewards from Fort Condor and the marching minigame?   If there already isn't one and I'm just blind lol,  I hate feeling like I'm missing out on really good items,   also is stealing from unreachable enemies like Bottomswell with Yuffie passive an intended mechanic?

Edit:   Found a few items in the (items and materia placement) section of the documentation,  I still feel like I'm missing out on stuff :(

Also,  I was like level 20 when I got Cait and he has like 1800HP when everyone else has like 800,  is that also intended?   His overall stats seem much higher than the other characters including MP.

If you skip the Nibelheim flashback and don't "jam on it" does it affect the reward later in the game?   Sorry for all the questions lol
« Last Edit: 2021-05-18 09:32:25 by Jonesin4Rock »

galax-C

• View Profile
« Reply #10861 on: 2021-05-18 04:57:03 »
Does anyone else check this site after work everyday in a psychotic desperation that 2.1 comes out? Or am I the only nutjob? More interested in that than part two of remake?

Heru

• Heru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10862 on: 2021-05-18 11:31:17 »
I love the mod, V1.5 was my favorite mod ever a while back, but I would like to make a list of some of the problems/nitpicks I had with part B of the 2.0 version. I am currently at the whirlwind maze.
1. Using Tifa's limit causes a softlock when used on Sephiroth in the Jenova Death fight, or at least something caused it to softlock twice in a row.
2. The plate never falling in part B leaves a pretty big hole in the story. What happened to Jesse, Bigs, etc. I like the idea of a faster Midgar especially on repeat playthroughs, but I feel as though the plate should still fall, even if its offscreen.
3. A lot of the fights had unique bosses for no reason, which isn't necessarily bad, but fighting random soldiers was a downgrade in my opinion and so was fighting the bosses that where designed for other parts of the game in V1.5

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10863 on: 2021-05-18 19:20:36 »
Would it be possible for a list of missable items?   Like the rewards from Fort Condor and the marching minigame?   If there already isn't one and I'm just blind lol,  I hate feeling like I'm missing out on really good items,   also is stealing from unreachable enemies like Bottomswell with Yuffie passive an intended mechanic?

Edit:   Found a few items in the (items and materia placement) section of the documentation,  I still feel like I'm missing out on stuff :(

Also,  I was like level 20 when I got Cait and he has like 1800HP when everyone else has like 800,  is that also intended?   His overall stats seem much higher than the other characters including MP.

If you skip the Nibelheim flashback and don't "jam on it" does it affect the reward later in the game?   Sorry for all the questions lol

If the enemy has an item to be stolen, then assume that stealing is intended.

Cait starts with more HP than normal, it comes back to be more in line with the other characters later on.

I don't think Elemental is obtained on Disc 2 from the piano in NT, but the event is still configured to fire if using the skip. There's something else there now, but it's not a useful thing.

Does anyone else check this site after work everyday in a psychotic desperation that 2.1 comes out? Or am I the only nutjob? More interested in that than part two of remake?

I don't think it'll be for a while. The 2.098 patch was supposed to be the 2.1 patch, but I just couldn't get the motivation or ideas in motion to put together extra battles or expand Type B expansion. I'm focusing more on FF8 for the time being.

I love the mod, V1.5 was my favorite mod ever a while back, but I would like to make a list of some of the problems/nitpicks I had with part B of the 2.0 version. I am currently at the whirlwind maze.
1. Using Tifa's limit causes a softlock when used on Sephiroth in the Jenova Death fight, or at least something caused it to softlock twice in a row.
2. The plate never falling in part B leaves a pretty big hole in the story. What happened to Jesse, Bigs, etc. I like the idea of a faster Midgar especially on repeat playthroughs, but I feel as though the plate should still fall, even if its offscreen.
3. A lot of the fights had unique bosses for no reason, which isn't necessarily bad, but fighting random soldiers was a downgrade in my opinion and so was fighting the bosses that where designed for other parts of the game in V1.5

The first issue is actually a bug with the pre-battle AI where his animations for taking damage have a 50/50 chance of not being set (this is because I reinserted the new hard mode AI and accidentally set an if condition to capture this part of the AI by mistake, so it isn't set half the time). It'll be corrected in tonight's patch.

Type B needs a second phase where it extends out of Midgar and tightens up what's been put in there.

I guess mileage may vary on #3.

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #10864 on: 2021-05-18 19:37:04 »
Great to hear you are working on FF8 man ! FF7 a new threat is amazing but the work you been putting in is quite insane ! How is FF8 coming along ? I'm interested in doing an early run with bug reports !

Jonesin4Rock

• View Profile
« Reply #10865 on: 2021-05-19 12:49:21 »
Can't seem to figure out how to use the save point outside the icicle inn...   

Also Furybaba doesn't drop an ice ring or glacier ring,   not sure if this was changed but WallMarket and the documentation both say she should have one.
« Last Edit: 2021-05-19 15:09:39 by Jonesin4Rock »

Heru

• Heru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10866 on: 2021-05-24 07:45:30 »
I got an Item called New Game +, I assume this was a cool Easter egg lol. I remember that I checked the same chest in V1.5 and mentioned it to you that it had nothing in it.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10867 on: 2021-05-24 13:20:35 »
Great to hear you are working on FF8 man ! FF7 a new threat is amazing but the work you been putting in is quite insane ! How is FF8 coming along ? I'm interested in doing an early run with bug reports !

Very slowly.

Can't seem to figure out how to use the save point outside the icicle inn...   

Also Furybaba doesn't drop an ice ring or glacier ring,   not sure if this was changed but WallMarket and the documentation both say she should have one.

I think the Save Point access relies on the walkmesh having its exit moved, so I guess either the chunk was omitted again or it's been overwritten by another mod. I think I should probably just move it indoors.

I'll check out the drop.

I got an Item called New Game +, I assume this was a cool Easter egg lol. I remember that I checked the same chest in V1.5 and mentioned it to you that it had nothing in it.

Ah that; I think at one point it actually reset the game and started you back at Reactor 1 but that turned out to be a bad idea due to the opcode for it doing something to the movies (breaks them and causes crash when trying to play one).

kellueHaze

• View Profile
« Reply #10868 on: 2021-05-26 14:58:59 »
Hi Dio doesnt appear in his room for the dark cave side quest, im pretty sure i've already gone to the bottom of the north crater so im not sure why he isnt appearing, are there any other conditions required to make him show?
« Last Edit: 2021-05-26 15:17:01 by kellueHaze »

HogwinHD

• View Profile
« Reply #10869 on: 2021-05-26 17:05:22 »
Hey @Sega Chief, Loving the mods etc,

Im currently stuck, i have the full set of 12 1:35 soldiers but no way of turning them in for the omni plus materia, No option appears on the Black Cape NPC on the highwind

Im on new threat 2.0.99 Type B playthrough

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10870 on: 2021-05-26 18:13:22 »
Hi Dio doesnt appear in his room for the dark cave side quest, im pretty sure i've already gone to the bottom of the north crater so im not sure why he isnt appearing, are there any other conditions required to make him show?

the dark cave side queest no longer exists for v2. only within v1.x pretty sure hes at the museum in that version.

DarkCacos

• View Profile
« Reply #10871 on: 2021-05-27 20:13:04 »
Hello guys, I just registered to this site only to be able to post here... Sorry if I will make some mistakes, but English is not my native language! :D

First thing first I would like to thank Sega Chief for this beautiful mod that tranformed one of the best RPG that there were into another beast of a game! Seriously, the details in this mod are astounding! A true masterpiece that made feel so much joy in playing it in these last days... Not even the FF7 Remake can top it, expecially if you play New Threat with other mods that adjust the old graphic of FF7 a bit and make the game feel a bit more modern.

I am playing Path A right now and I enjoyed all the things New Thread 2.0.99 offer and I must say that it is well balanced from what I saw. Also, the possibility of saving Aerith and continue playing even with her is awesome and all the interaction are well done and in-character. Even if sometime I thinked she resulted a bit "passive" in certain scenario of the story, expecially when there are the "fanservice" scenes between Tifa and Cloud from Mideel onward. I know that there is the event of Shinra Mansion with her and Cloud where she find what appened to Zack, and that is awesome and very well done, but maybe adding some other optional new event with her and Cloud somewhere will help "counterbalance" all the scene that Tifa and Cloud had even in the vanilla game for those who prefer their couple. Because like this to me it seemed that even if saved, she somehow "lost" to Tifa anyway with Cloud.
In any case, even like this I think it's all right in the end if you don't feel like adding more "custom" event. At least she isn't dead anymore if one choose to save her and that is the most important thing for the players that like her. So thanks again for making all this possible!

In the end the only thing that I didn't like very much in the mod were only the fact that you can obtain only one Enemy Skills materia and it's the same with the summons and some other end game materia, expecially with the fact that I would liked to use Hades with Added Effect on multiple character to have some immunity. I understand that maybe the summons and the other things were a bit broken in the vanilla game and needed a "nerf", but in my opinion it's not so good to remove completly the possibility to have multiple copy of them. Maybe making it much more difficult or a real "grind fest" to get more copies would have been more appreciable for some players like me... However in the end it's not that important because if you really want to you can always use the save modifier to add things manually. (As I did to get more Enemy Skills and some other things, even if doing it with cheats it's not the same thing...)

Anyway, there is also another reason if I posted here today a part from my generic feedback.

I would like to report a Game Breaking glitch that can happen in Kalm Town Disk 3:

My setup: New Threat Mod (v2.0.99) installed with 7th Heaven.
Glitch Description: When you go to talk with Barret and you do it at his right with Tifa as Team Leader, after the cutscene when he try to go to the weapon seller to talk with him his 3D model will not pass through the model of the player and the game will remain stuck in an endless loop. Same with Cid. The thing instead will not happen with Cloud, as he will move out of the way.

I will provide a screenshot: https://www.mediafire.com/view/ame4ljmucirqji0/Barret_Bug.png/file

Thank you in advance if you will have the time to fix it!

P.s.: I would also like to ask another thing, if someone here tested it before me. Do some of you guys know if I can create a "New Game +" save with the Black Chocobo Save Editor that works with New Threat 2? I would like to redo the game in Path B when I will finish the Path A, but without losing the materia etc. but I am wondering if all the "flags" for the events will be resetted correctly by Black Chocobo or if it will only reset those for the vanilla game, and so the game will became a mess... If someone already tried this and can tell me if it works or not, it will be much apreciated. If not I think I will try myself and see what will happen... xD

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10872 on: 2021-05-28 12:41:09 »
Hey @Sega Chief, Loving the mods etc,

Im currently stuck, i have the full set of 12 1:35 soldiers but no way of turning them in for the omni plus materia, No option appears on the Black Cape NPC on the highwind

Im on new threat 2.0.99 Type B playthrough

It's not the guy on the Highwind, there's a black-cape NPC in the Mythril Mines you want to talk to (he's in the room next to the one where the Turks appeared).

Hello guys, I just registered to this site only to be able to post here... Sorry if I will make some mistakes, but English is not my native language! :D

First thing first I would like to thank Sega Chief for this beautiful mod that tranformed one of the best RPG that there were into another beast of a game! Seriously, the details in this mod are astounding! A true masterpiece that made feel so much joy in playing it in these last days... Not even the FF7 Remake can top it, expecially if you play New Threat with other mods that adjust the old graphic of FF7 a bit and make the game feel a bit more modern.

I am playing Path A right now and I enjoyed all the things New Thread 2.0.99 offer and I must say that it is well balanced from what I saw. Also, the possibility of saving Aerith and continue playing even with her is awesome and all the interaction are well done and in-character. Even if sometime I thinked she resulted a bit "passive" in certain scenario of the story, expecially when there are the "fanservice" scenes between Tifa and Cloud from Mideel onward. I know that there is the event of Shinra Mansion with her and Cloud where she find what appened to Zack, and that is awesome and very well done, but maybe adding some other optional new event with her and Cloud somewhere will help "counterbalance" all the scene that Tifa and Cloud had even in the vanilla game for those who prefer their couple. Because like this to me it seemed that even if saved, she somehow "lost" to Tifa anyway with Cloud.
In any case, even like this I think it's all right in the end if you don't feel like adding more "custom" event. At least she isn't dead anymore if one choose to save her and that is the most important thing for the players that like her. So thanks again for making all this possible!

In the end the only thing that I didn't like very much in the mod were only the fact that you can obtain only one Enemy Skills materia and it's the same with the summons and some other end game materia, expecially with the fact that I would liked to use Hades with Added Effect on multiple character to have some immunity. I understand that maybe the summons and the other things were a bit broken in the vanilla game and needed a "nerf", but in my opinion it's not so good to remove completly the possibility to have multiple copy of them. Maybe making it much more difficult or a real "grind fest" to get more copies would have been more appreciable for some players like me... However in the end it's not that important because if you really want to you can always use the save modifier to add things manually. (As I did to get more Enemy Skills and some other things, even if doing it with cheats it's not the same thing...)

Anyway, there is also another reason if I posted here today a part from my generic feedback.

I would like to report a Game Breaking glitch that can happen in Kalm Town Disk 3:

My setup: New Threat Mod (v2.0.99) installed with 7th Heaven.
Glitch Description: When you go to talk with Barret and you do it at his right with Tifa as Team Leader, after the cutscene when he try to go to the weapon seller to talk with him his 3D model will not pass through the model of the player and the game will remain stuck in an endless loop. Same with Cid. The thing instead will not happen with Cloud, as he will move out of the way.

I will provide a screenshot: https://www.mediafire.com/view/ame4ljmucirqji0/Barret_Bug.png/file

Thank you in advance if you will have the time to fix it!

P.s.: I would also like to ask another thing, if someone here tested it before me. Do some of you guys know if I can create a "New Game +" save with the Black Chocobo Save Editor that works with New Threat 2? I would like to redo the game in Path B when I will finish the Path A, but without losing the materia etc. but I am wondering if all the "flags" for the events will be resetted correctly by Black Chocobo or if it will only reset those for the vanilla game, and so the game will became a mess... If someone already tried this and can tell me if it works or not, it will be much apreciated. If not I think I will try myself and see what will happen... xD

I guess what could be done is:

1) After beating Safer, an opportunity to save is made with a flag raised. That way, after the ending has played out and the client closes itself, the player can load this save and be back at the point of no return but with a 'game complete' flag activated on it.

2) Add a thing where you can get copies of Materia, equipment, etc. that was previously limited to 1 so people can mess about with it. Not sure what shape that would take, if it'd be a shop or some sort of combat thing (but on the latter, I'm kind of burnt out on that).

I forgot about that problem; I was supposed to fix it I think (or maybe I attempted to fix it but missed something). I'll re-add it to my notes. Fix should be straightforward.

I think what Black Chocobo does is it produces a new save file with the character data retained so it should be fine. However, I think that it'll miss the activation flag for Type B (unless it sets the save file up to go straight into the opening movie as this is where the script sits to set Type A or Type B but unsure).

DarkCacos

• View Profile
« Reply #10873 on: 2021-05-28 14:12:54 »
I guess what could be done is:

1) After beating Safer, an opportunity to save is made with a flag raised. That way, after the ending has played out and the client closes itself, the player can load this save and be back at the point of no return but with a 'game complete' flag activated on it.

2) Add a thing where you can get copies of Materia, equipment, etc. that was previously limited to 1 so people can mess about with it. Not sure what shape that would take, if it'd be a shop or some sort of combat thing (but on the latter, I'm kind of burnt out on that).

I forgot about that problem; I was supposed to fix it I think (or maybe I attempted to fix it but missed something). I'll re-add it to my notes. Fix should be straightforward.

I think what Black Chocobo does is it produces a new save file with the character data retained so it should be fine. However, I think that it'll miss the activation flag for Type B (unless it sets the save file up to go straight into the opening movie as this is where the script sits to set Type A or Type B but unsure).
Thank you very much for the quick answer, Sega Chief!

The solution you proposed for the problem would be very appreciable. A shop where you will be able to buy or craft multiple copies of endgame materias will be perfect, even with very high prices (Expecially for the Master materias, if you would like to add even those since normally you can create only 1 in Cosmo Canyon in your mod. Maybe you can set that these can be unlocked in the shop only after you already crafted the normal ones if possible, to make it harder to get. Same for the other like Quadra Magic etc.)

While I'm here I would also like to take the opportunity to ask something about a game item called "Mako Stone". I got it by morphing the Movers in the Northern Crater if I'm not mistaken, but honestly I don't understand what these are for. Are they leftovers from the old crafting system that no longer exists in the new mod or something similar?

Also, regarding the the question I asked regarding the New Game+ with Black Chocobo, I tried and wanted to tell you that the editor put you before the choice for game path A or B when you make the new resetted save. So maybe it can work! Even if before that it told me a strange error about the Kernel.
I will post two screenshot to be more clear:
https://www.mediafire.com/view/srmrhn58vy4k11u/New_Game_Plus_1.png/file
https://www.mediafire.com/view/o5fd88llnmeadio/New_Game_Plus_2.png/file

When I will finish path A doing all the things available I will try to do a New Game + in Path B to verify if there will be problems. If all will work correctly I will post the results here, since maybe even some other users can be interested and would like to know if it works or not.

P.s.: I made a small donation to you because you deserved it. Maybe I will donate more in the future as well. Keep up the good work and thanks again for this great mod! :)

Onepercentofone

• View Profile
« Reply #10874 on: 2021-05-28 22:50:42 »
Hey there Sega,

I've climbed back into this rabbit hole after a few years, since there's been a lot of progress since I last played. I also got a new pc, an actual gaming tower. So I wanted to see what I could do as far as these mods go. I'm a big fan of the New Threat mod, as it's very impressive and keeps me coming back for more! As far as v2.099 goes, I wanted to bring a few things to your attention, in case it hasn't been done already. If it has, I apologize and disregard this whole message. In any case, here goes.

This issue is minor, and I don't consider it detrimental to the game. The Gigas Armlet now states that it has a normal growth rate for materia, but the image where it shows the slots has the appearance of one that has no materia growth. Again, not a big deal. Here's an image of the Gigas Armlet, the Four Slots, and the Mystile to compare.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17KHvj6hy6Kw0hFvP7ZEBJJxhs8RlW2Ld/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ORQjNo-sP-ZbEFhqEIeVrYZJheriaYM5/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jqkelRBJZ7TpMZcX8-R6-tr5YgdYpiy_/view?usp=sharing

This next issue is major as it prevents me from advancing. When Tifa is about to be executed via the gas chamber, the guard drops his key on the way out. Once he reaches the door and wonders what happened to his key, he appears to attempt to walk back into the room but gets hung up on something and walks in place forever. I'm unsure as to what caused this issue, and it happens every time I attempt it. The only way I was able to work around it was to "downgrade" to the New Threat version that's included in the Gameplay - Qhimm Catalog iro via 7th Heaven, hustle past the part that was hanging, save, then re-activate the 2.099 version. I've even tried playing with only 2.099 activated thinking that maybe the model was catching on the field or something, but nothing would work.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1liMoYgSwdYwwDKF_RneaOa5DPXKuYTWB/view?usp=sharing

The final issue comes from the Great Glacier. When you wake up in the cabin and you go to the save point, the cursor for the additional options doesn't show up, essentially soft locking the game. Again, no idea what causes it, but it happens to me every time.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bqRVHQrHL3S4vpenNUqnjdfZ1u05QxOA/view?usp=sharing

All things considered, this mod is probably one of my favorite gameplay mods out there. The balancing is great, everything about it is wonderful. There were a few points that had me actually laughing my ass off, like the date with Barret. Most of the work done here at Qhimm could put a lot of the people at Square-Enix to shame, and that's my honest opinion. Keep it up, everybody! You guys give us hope.