Project forums > Q-Gears

About defines and platform specific.

<< < (2/2)

FF7ExpNeg1:
I started out using main() on Mac OS X and got it to compile, but when I tried to run it, it crashed and burned.  After doing some quick searching on the net, one option was to use SDL_main instead.  After I switched it to that, everything seemed to work.

I do agree with your point though, it should be encapsulated in another class, not in main.cpp.

Akari:

--- Quote from: sfx1999 on 2006-05-10 01:41:45 ---Why not use STL? There is no need to reinvent the wheel here. And of course Microsoft would say that.

--- End quote ---

STL is Standart Template Library and of cource we use it. It's the only way to write platform independent code.

You coud look at source and make sure of it. There are std::vectors and some other stl things in there =)

--- Quote from: FF7ExpNeg1 on 2006-05-10 04:04:46 ---I started out using main() on Mac OS X and got it to compile, but when I tried to run it, it crashed and burned.  After doing some quick searching on the net, one option was to use SDL_main instead.  After I switched it to that, everything seemed to work.
--- End quote ---

Try to debug it and understand where it crushed. Maybe it's just bug and we need to fix it =)
I see many platform independent application that has Mac support and they doesn't use SDL_main, just usual main.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version