Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Rerelease thread  (Read 309578 times)

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII Rerelease thread
« Reply #400 on: 2012-08-14 21:32:51 »
since I'm in the EU, and not in any of the countries supported in the list mentioned earlier....I got no problem there.
Downloading went quick as a breeze, however starting the game gave some trouble as in a network error.

after a while I got my game running.
things noticed:
up-scaled movies, but the field backgrounds are still the same, very noticeable at the end of the opening movie.
the out of the box music sounds very dull (maybe because I'm used to the PSX version).

One question to confirm, installed next to the original (modded) version, so no problem there.

now let's see what happened with all the files.
 8-)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 2012-08-14 21:36:10 »
I selected the correct folder, let me try again, I've already restored to a backup. I'll edit this post in a second

Edit: Yep, doesn't seem to be changing any files.

Edit: DLPB, I never noticed but UMI should be creating a New Folder during installation, correct?

Yeah, dlpb-mods is what it works in.  What does the installer do anyway?  Does it try to update or does it just skip?

josh007cl

« Reply #402 on: 2012-08-14 21:45:37 »
I made a music pack until DLPB updates his installer:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22128993/FF7+Fixed+Music.rar

Just tried and it works but it doesn't loop so once the song ends you get some awkward silence of course.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2012-08-14 21:48:46 »
Anyone know how to use current PC saves with this? I've got it installed but putting the save folder in random places doesn't seem to make it work.

Aramiyou

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2012-08-14 21:52:57 »
Anyone know how to use current PC saves with this? I've got it installed but putting the save folder in random places doesn't seem to make it work.
The saves seem to be in:
C:\Users\NAME\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII\user_xxxxxx

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2012-08-14 21:57:54 »
Someone took my username....

I have been having a bipolar attack all morning and Im about to destroy everything in my possesion.

I tried to get this the day that Covarr did, and while entering my info, my wife came in and flipped a bitch fit, so because of me dealing with her I lost my chance at a free copy.

Now today comes and I start downloading HOURS after the game is released, my user wasnt taken at this point. Again my wife flips a bitch fit and keeps me occupied until now, and now my username, THE ONLY USERNAME I'VE EVER USED ON THE INTERNET(since 13 years ago) THAT HAS NEVER BEEN TAKEN, is now taken....

If I cant get the account information for the Jeffdamann username from whoever stole it from me, I give up on life.... I am not Jeffdamann1, Jeffdaman, Jeffdmann, IM JEFFDAMANN!!!!

Im sorry Im posting with my bipolar attack, but this has severely pissed me off, Jeff isnt taken, Jeff Mann isnt taken, any combination of the name any normal person would pick first isnt taken, but my specific internet username is....

Whoever did this to me, please fix it....
« Last Edit: 2012-08-14 22:03:28 by jeffdamann »

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #406 on: 2012-08-14 22:03:35 »
do you have to be online 100% of the time to play this or is there an offline mode

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2012-08-14 22:06:48 »
Also DLPB, mine updated and checked for updates.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2012-08-14 22:07:11 »
Wtf?  You have to be online too?

If that is true, it is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2012-08-14 22:08:19 »
Looks like I'll only be getting this if, or when it comes to steam.

Aramiyou

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2012-08-14 22:09:02 »
It's not true, you have to log in the first time you start it and after that, you can play it offline.

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #411 on: 2012-08-14 22:10:05 »
first time meaning one time only or first time meaning at every start up

edit
link to ff7 forum over at square enix
http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/233973/FINAL_FANTASY_VII
link to a thread about DRM in the rerelease
http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29315553/Final_Fantasy_VII_DRM
« Last Edit: 2012-08-14 22:14:37 by squall8cloud7 »

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2012-08-14 22:12:39 »
Just tried and it works but it doesn't loop so once the song ends you get some awkward silence of course.

Can anyone else confirm this? That's odd as they have looping points.

Aramiyou

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2012-08-14 22:15:15 »
first time meaning one time only or first time meaning at every start up
One time only.

Can anyone else confirm this? That's odd as they have looping points.
Seems to loop just fine for me though sometimes the music doesn't play.

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2012-08-14 22:36:40 »
Haven't had a problem with the music not playing or looping. Thanks for putting that up BloodShot, I couldn't touch this game with MIDI, it's absolutely horrific. Works perfectly for me.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2012-08-14 22:40:32 »
I didn't know you had made ogg from from OST as well? 

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2012-08-14 22:40:59 »
I just renamed your OGG filenames to the midi names since it takes a long time and you haven't updated the installer yet.

Haven't had a problem with the music not playing or looping. Thanks for putting that up BloodShot, I couldn't touch this game with MIDI, it's absolutely horrific. Works perfectly for me.

That's good, and from watching a stream it fades properly between battle too like the PSX now.

I'm actually really disappointed Square didn't do anything for the shadows in battle. I hate those hard circular shadows.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2012-08-14 22:45:09 »
well it would have been nice to be asked permission to do that, but it is done and I would not have objected.  I hope my readme is in there with full credit?

Anyway
I need you or someone else to list my ogg names and the new names in a text file next to them.   Then I can create a bat file to rename on the fly with Anxious Heart. I will also fix the Shin-Ra Mansion looping track as well.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2012-08-14 22:49:50 »
Anyway to turn achievement gain off? I find it a nuisance to have them pop up randomly while I am playing. >_>.
Still not sure if I want to buy this. Especially if the mods made possible by Aali's driver are rendered unusable.

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2012-08-14 22:50:52 »
Still can't get my saves to work, probably due to the Cloud feature.

I'm actually really disappointed Square didn't do anything for the shadows in battle. I hate those hard circular shadows.

I'm violating my rule of posting too much that doesn't add anything on this forum right now, but that would require them to have done anything at all to the game.

Don't get me wrong, there are certain things that are vastly superior. If it wasn't for the MIDI music I'd say it's definitely the best vanilla version of VII available. The models look great (as in, not pixellated, smooth etc) and transitional stuff works perfectly. But it just works. It's no more, no less. That's all it is. I am gobsmacked about the MIDI. Yeah yeah, harp on about how shit SE are these days but there's being lazy and then there's going to the bother of converting MIDI to ogg when it's just as easy to do that with MP3 files. I can't help but feel there must have been a reason for this.

I find it likely they employed a 3rd party to take care of this and only gave them the PC files, but I talk myself out of that again by realising it's not the PC FMV's they've upscaled, because they wouldn't look that good. OK, they don't look amazing but I personally think they're better than any upscaling efforts I've seen so far.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2012-08-14 22:50:55 »
Anyway to turn achievement gain off? I find it a nuisance to have them pop up randomly while I am playing. >_>.
Still not sure if I want to buy this. Especially if the mods made possible by Aali's driver are rendered unusable.

Since aalis driver is the reason the modpath exists, anything that uses the modpath will not work properly.

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2012-08-14 22:52:16 »
if anyone is interrested in the movie files;

they are mkv files, encoded with Virtualdubmod with VP80 (google vp8 video codec)
1280x896 but still 15 fps
audio: 22050 Hz stereo Ogg Vorbis.

as a further note, the files within xarch are png files (just rename fgt to png) which contain the achievements.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2012-08-14 22:56:13 »
Can anyone help me?

Apparently when I purchased from the U.S. store, it assigned me the username etc that I entered(jeffdamann)

It WILL NOT let me log on with this account in game, so I clicked make an account in the launcher, it took me to the EU site.

I tried to enter my credentials and it says not found, yet if I try to take a new account Jeffdamann is taken(from the U.S. site) so I got pissed and made a vulgar user and it worked.

Why is it taking me to the EU site, and why isnt it letting me activate with my U.S. Jeffdamann username?

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2012-08-14 22:56:37 »
well it would have been nice to be asked permission to do that, but it is done and I would not have objected.  I hope my readme is in there with full credit?

Sorry I didn't ask first, but I made sure to credit you in the chat and my readme.

Napper

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2012-08-14 22:57:14 »
I can confirm from watching DarkThrone's Stream on twitchtv, that the Junon Airfield Music Bug is fixed in this version. The OGG files didn't use to play after the seeing the Highwind because of a ramp down in volume. However in this version it plays fine and even pauses just before the Soliders March and Sing for cloud in the locker room before recommencing. He is also using the OGG files bloodshot supplied for him.

Mightn't sound like much, but this bug was pissing me off.