Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Rerelease thread  (Read 309581 times)

Terid__K

Re: Final Fantasy VII Rerelease thread
« Reply #450 on: 2012-08-15 00:19:58 »
i had problems at first because they had sent me to the EU site and im in the US. once i was on the us site that error went away.

That's true, it seems to allow me to buy it if I'm in the US site. Still, I'll wait before we have some more concrete info about this new port before wasting money on it.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2012-08-15 00:25:27 »
You have to sign in with your e-mail address and password, and don't try clicking on either the "Facebook" or "Square Enix North America" boxes. You also need to have clicked the e-mail validation link they sent to you when you registered.

EDIT: Actually, you might have to click on the "Square-Enix North America" box if you got the game from the US store.

Where would I find this box?

hunterdan

« Reply #452 on: 2012-08-15 00:56:39 »
Where would I find this box?

On the left side of the launcher. Under the Facebook button.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2012-08-15 01:04:15 »
It seems you can play a single version under multiple square accounts....

Are any of you guys getting 360 Controller Support? Im using a MadKatz 360 pad, as always, worked fine with our old FF7pc, works fine in the launcher to assing buttons(except for the triggers) but it WONT work in game....

I noticed when playing dead rising 2 it would detect my Mdkatz(like all other programs) as a 360 controller but wouldnt accept input, my old actual 360 controller would.

Any help?
« Last Edit: 2012-08-15 01:28:27 by jeffdamann »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2012-08-15 02:09:00 »
I find them not including the higher quality music in this release an incredibly ****ish move. The fact it's so seemingly easy to replace the music files (A lot more so than the original version) just baffles my mind as to why they didn't.
They may have needed to pay for the rights to the music when using OST.  I dunno.  It could also be that whoever was in charge just wasn't as logical as me.
I can pretty well confirm this is a case of either incompetence or miscommunication between departments. They weren't intentionally screwing up.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #455 on: 2012-08-15 02:58:14 »
update : well i can't tell you if it works on wine or not since my serial doesn't work and i can't play.

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #456 on: 2012-08-15 02:59:38 »
copy and paste it from the website. i had same issue. copy and pasting worked but typing didnt

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #457 on: 2012-08-15 03:10:15 »
copy and paste it from the website. i had same issue. copy and pasting worked but typing didnt

i did that.

slippycrits

« Reply #458 on: 2012-08-15 03:19:21 »
Did you use the correct code? I had used the "unlock" code at first, because I wasn't really paying attention. I think the serial is the third down or so. Might want to double-check that.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-15 03:24:53 by slippycrits »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2012-08-15 03:22:07 »
And this everyone is how not to go about releasing a game.  Dear lord.

Antonia

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2012-08-15 03:23:57 »
Are any of you guys getting 360 Controller Support?

[snip]

Any help?
I've used this: Windows software thingy for xbox (wired) controllers

Which does just fine most of the time.  When I wanna do something legacy and/or a little outside the box, I use  Xpadder

Emulates keys, does macros, turbo, advanced button assignments, blah blah.  Can be real handy.

gfpaperboy22

« Reply #461 on: 2012-08-15 06:11:59 »
First time posting but would like to chip in what i've noticed or discovered so far.  From what I can tell, the videos have been replaced with upscaled, reprocessed copies of the PSX videos. If you recall, the original version on the PC was a low quality encode of the low quality encode from the PSX. While there is still artifacting in the footage, it isn't nearly as bad as it was before.  And while it'll be hard to confirm this for sure, the only other proof I have is in the file "ending2.avi".  In the old pc version, when Cid curses, we get gibberish but in the new one, he yells "Shit!!" just like the PSX original.  Snapshot for proof.

PacGamer

« Reply #462 on: 2012-08-15 08:12:57 »
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I went and took the previous FF7 OST Remastered and fixed it up for this rerelease. Enjoy http://www.gamefront.com/files/22130893/FF7+OST+Remastered+Ogg+Fix.zip

Edit: looping in game is pretty hit or miss right now for some reason, trying to find why
« Last Edit: 2012-08-15 22:38:59 by PacGamer »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2012-08-15 09:42:29 »
OK well since mods aren't fully compatible with the re-release how about we convert the new version to the old version ? it shouldn't be hard, all we need to do is copy the files to the correct folders using a BAT like this one (place the BAT into the root folder for FF7)
Code: [Select]
xcopy /Y data\lang-en\battle\*.bin data\battle
xcopy /Y data\lang-en\kernel\*.bin data\kernel
xcopy /Y data\lang-en\movies\*.avi data\movies
and then patch flevel to the original (this can be done with a small patch of around 2MB), then put the original 1.02 EXE and Aali's driver into the games folder and insert the correct registry entries into the registry and it SHOULD work, anyone with the new game fancy giving it a go ?
EDIT- this would also require the original CD's or renaming a Drive to FF7DISC1/2/3 or dummy ISO's since the original EXE has CD checks.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-15 09:46:11 by kranmer »

Datapack

• Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2012-08-15 10:00:09 »
I would love to try it but i wont be able to cause i dont has the "old" game...

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2012-08-15 10:27:00 »
I would love to try it but i wont be able to cause i dont has the "old" game...
well it could be done without the CD's by using the Renaming a Hard Drive/USB drive method or if you just make a dummy ISO with the label of FF7DSIC1 (or FF7DISC2 or FF7DISC3) to get past the CD check.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2012-08-15 11:24:21 »
@kranmer If this isnt done by tomorrow morning pm me and ill do what i can

Datapack

• Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2012-08-15 11:55:48 »
@kranmer If this isnt done by tomorrow morning pm me and ill do what i can
You can go ahead and try to do it right now, i dont have much time on my hands...
wanna finish the game without any mods first..

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2012-08-15 12:03:40 »
kranmer listed various things and i can do about 2 of those. i cant make a patch, idk how to do registry key, i can put aalis  driver and the old.exe in the folder and run the bat. anything else i need further instruction.

You can go ahead and try to do it right now, i dont have much time on my hands...
wanna finish the game without any mods first..

youre not the only one with your hands full and your task seems more trivial than mine

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2012-08-15 12:26:53 »
kranmer listed various things and i can do about 2 of those. i cant make a patch, idk how to do registry key, i can put aalis  driver and the old.exe in the folder and run the bat. anything else i need further instruction.
Well if your willing to try it i can make the flevel patch and make a registry patch (although if you want me to do the registry you will need to tell me where you installed the game for example "C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII" and also what drive you want to use as your CD drive, so if you are using dummy ISO tell me your virtual drive or if you are using the original CD's tell me your CD drive for example D:\)
I will try to make things as simple as possible, just tell me what you need help with and i will try to simplify things.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2012-08-15 13:04:39 »
Some guy is livestreaming it on twitch right now, go check it out! http://www.twitch.tv/darkthrone

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #471 on: 2012-08-15 13:22:58 »
Your remake is better :P

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2012-08-15 16:11:41 »
Finally checked out a vid on this re release
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT_pcZH8y9c
How come the font is smooth like the TA's? Nothing like the psx's font?

TheNathanParable

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2012-08-15 16:22:46 »
So I was curious to see what the "Original Graphic Mode" was about. The first thing I noticed was that with this option turned on, suddenly all of the FMV sequences looked horribly compressed, just like the original PC FMVs. Whats more, the in-game font is blurred, all shading is banded, and the resolution seems to be reset to it's default.

Click on them for full size. Normal rendering on the left, "Original Graphic Mode" on the right.

Could someone confirm if this is an emulated effect, or if this is indeed an alternative rendering mode (such as software rendering)?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2012-08-15 17:01:11 »
Well, FMVs only exist in their upscaled form.

I'm guessing that this is some sort of postprocessing? Maybe that's what these shaders do, I still haven't been able to figure them out.