Author Topic: [FF7][FAQ] 7th Heaven Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 533485 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Re: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Mod Tutorial
« Reply #150 on: 2014-12-15 22:49:54 »
Thank you. I have a few more questions:

1. This is probably a dumb question but should I be installing everything on the mounted iso D: or can I install it to C:\Games\?

2. Sometimes when I try to download a mod through the GUI it gives me an error.  I then still need to wait for it to finish downloading.  Then I uninstall it using the GUI and attempt to reinstall it until it does so without an error.  Is this the correct way to handle these errors?

Your help is greatly appreciated.  I am committed to getting these awesome mods to work.

1. You don't install anything to the mounted ISO. That is used for the disc check. Install to C:\Games.

2. Most downloads have two links, Google Drive and MEGA, that it calls. If one doesn't download, it switches to the next and continues. There are two downloads because Google Drive has a limit that won't reset for 24 hrs, so without adding the second download link, it would error in 7H and not download at all. You're seeing the error from the Google Drive limit being reached, but it is downloading from MEGA after that and will install just fine.

GPU is Nvidia GeForce and I don't know what you mean by OpenGL driver configuration.

Nvidia GeForce ______what?

Inside 7H, go to Workshop -> OpenGL drive configuration. Screenshots of the tabs would be nice.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-15 22:51:47 by EQ2Alyza »

theonyxphoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2014-12-15 23:00:04 »
1. You don't install anything to the mounted ISO. That is used for the disc check. Install to C:\Games.

2. Most downloads have two links, Google Drive and MEGA, that it calls. If one doesn't download, it switches to the next and continues. There are two downloads because Google Drive has a limit that won't reset for 24 hrs, so without adding the second download link, it would error in 7H and not download at all. You're seeing the error from the Google Drive limit being reached, but it is downloading from MEGA after that and will install just fine.

Good to know I didn't need to do anything with the mounted ISO. Also, it seems like I'm doing the installs right. I just need to make sure I'm keeping track of which ones error-out and then uninstall/reinstall them.  I'm very grateful for your attentive replies.

Leafia_Barrett

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2014-12-16 01:04:41 »
Well, I realized I was using the Bootleg game converter instead of the 7H one, but uninstalling (and removing all registry keys), reinstalling fresh, and using the correct game converter didn't help, assuming there's any difference at all.

Nvidia GeForce ______what?

Inside 7H, go to Workshop -> OpenGL drive configuration. Screenshots of the tabs would be nice.
GeForce 750M 335.23

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28505565/bluh/ff7/tab_1.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28505565/bluh/ff7/tab_2.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28505565/bluh/ff7/tab_3.png

Edit: Testing has revealed that it's caused by the Red Werewolf, Gameplay - Difficulty and Story, and Menu Overhaul mods all cause this bug. What do they have in common?
« Last Edit: 2014-12-16 01:11:49 by Leafia_Barrett »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2014-12-16 02:28:51 »
Well, I realized I was using the Bootleg game converter instead of the 7H one, but uninstalling (and removing all registry keys), reinstalling fresh, and using the correct game converter didn't help, assuming there's any difference at all.
GeForce 750M 335.23

Edit: Testing has revealed that it's caused by the Red Werewolf, Gameplay - Difficulty and Story, and Menu Overhaul mods all cause this bug. What do they have in common?

Hi Leafia! I would like to try to help you if I can. I also had this issue at one point, so I have a couple of theories as to what might be causing this for you :D.

Okay so your graphics card is Nvidia Geforce GT 750m? I also use this card. Is your laptop SLI, do you have another GT 750m?  I'm no expert with computers but I'm wondering if your card might be forcing SLI and its causing graphical glitches. Don't worry if it is, it's simple to fix this.

Is your computer running windows 8.1? If it is I have some more ideas on what might be causing this.

Also have you used Geforce experience to update your graphics card drivers? The latest version for the GT 750m is 344.75 which does not match up with the number you gave us. It could be you had a bad installation of your old driver. When the new one installs don't run anything else while it goes.

Also don't use Red Werewolf I remember reading earlier that it was causing some major issues for other people as well. Try leaving just that disabled. I have had some graphical glitches due to the menu overhaul at times but nothing major or persistent.

One more thing, try checking full screen but unchecking  V-Sync and new timer. Also do you know what the refresh rate of your monitor is? Usually its 60hz 120hz or 144hz.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-16 02:33:30 by olearyf2525 »

I.S.T.

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2014-12-16 06:06:01 »
A likely naive question, but I've got the catalog open but I can't figure out what each mod does. They have like... broad descriptions, but not actual information. There's a link to read more on each mod, but it just goes to this topic.

theonyxphoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2014-12-16 06:25:15 »
I am interested to see if we can fix the text issue as well since I am suffering from it, too and I never used other bootloaders but I do have a Nvidia card installed.

EDIT: I actually removed Red Werewolf and made sure my load order was correct and that fixed it.  It changed the names of my spells as well, thunder -> bolt if that makes a difference. 

Now if I can just get the music to play and the Menu Overhaul to download without errors.  I'm going to DL and activate Music and Sound which I'm guessing will fix the first problem.

EDIT 2:  I see on some of the youtube vids that the intro movie includes some of the tech demo footage and there are some modded files here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8414.0

Do I just replace them in the movies folder with what is there?

Finally, my attempt to download Menu Overhaul results in System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs Error.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-16 13:16:20 by theonyxphoenix »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2014-12-16 12:11:25 »
No strawberries, but the HP/MP display was a couple different kinds of screwed.

Anyhow, I did have Bootleg installed prior to this, but I uninstalled it and wiped FF7 and any registry keys from my computer before this. And no, turning off Menu Overhaul doesn't help.

The problem is that the MO battle menu needs its external textures. The textures have an different layout and do not work with the vanilla textures.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #157 on: 2014-12-17 01:51:12 »
Good to know I didn't need to do anything with the mounted ISO. Also, it seems like I'm doing the installs right. I just need to make sure I'm keeping track of which ones error-out and then uninstall/reinstall them.  I'm very grateful for your attentive replies.

You don't need to keep track of download errors if the download bar shows "Calculating/Installing" and the window-pane at the right says it installed in blue text. At that point it should be in your Library tab and ready to click the Activate button. Errors "might" happen with a download if Google Drive has exceeded its bandwidth limit for that day, but it will just continue to download from MEGA and install correctly.

GeForce 750M 335.23

Yes, they are different. The Bootleg converter runs off an older Aali's Driver and requires a different file/folder structure to get started. The 7H converter is required for this to work properly.

Your GPU is fine. Sometimes people neglect the warning given about GPU vRAM and Integrated Graphics, so I wanted to make sure.

Settings are okay. I was mainly looking for Texture Cache (leave unchecked) and Texture Memory. 1024 works great for me FYI.

With Red Werewolf, did you click on Configure and select the option that corresponds with what you selected in Gameplay - Difficulty and Story? The drop-down menus are identical so that the flevel/scene work with Red Werewolf correctly. Having different options selected will not work; however, I did not put together those patches nor test them all in a full playthrough. 32 different difficulty and story mods are too much for one person to test. It could be that Wolfman and cmh175 didn't patch them correctly.

A likely naive question, but I've got the catalog open but I can't figure out what each mod does. They have like... broad descriptions, but not actual information. There's a link to read more on each mod, but it just goes to this topic.

I don't think broad is the right word you're looking forward. The descriptions are vague because the tool wasn't built to give long descriptions. Once you download each mod category, some that need it have a Readme button in the Library tab. All mods will have a Configure button in the Active Mods tab after you Activate them, and in that window each selection is labeled by its author so that you have some basis for who made it and do your own forum search. There will also be a better description of what the mod is doing and a preview image for models, textures, and movies.

I am interested to see if we can fix the text issue as well since I am suffering from it, too and I never used other bootloaders but I do have a Nvidia card installed.

EDIT: I actually removed Red Werewolf and made sure my load order was correct and that fixed it.  It changed the names of my spells as well, thunder -> bolt if that makes a difference. 

Now if I can just get the music to play and the Menu Overhaul to download without errors.  I'm going to DL and activate Music and Sound which I'm guessing will fix the first problem.

EDIT 2:  I see on some of the youtube vids that the intro movie includes some of the tech demo footage and there are some modded files here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8414.0

Do I just replace them in the movies folder with what is there?

Finally, my attempt to download Menu Overhaul results in System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs Error.

I'll need to test the Red Werewolf some more to see if I can replicate the texture issue. My textures were fine when I selected the corresponding difficulty and story option under the Configure button, but this was a couple months ago in October when it was first released. There have been no reports of it until now.

Music will not play if you haven't downloaded the Media - Music and Sound mod category and selected an option. That is because the vanilla game runs its music from a different folder location and music format than what Aali's Driver v0.8.1b is set for. If you want to manually install your own music, just drop them into the [gamedir]\music\vgmstream folder. They must be in .ogg format to play.

If MO is in your Library tab, it's downloaded and installed correctly. Ignore download errors unless it never downloads and installs in the first place, which I assume isn't the case when you're saying that you want to uninstall/reinstall until it gives no errors.

Movies go into the [gamedir]\data\movies folder. I would back up the originals before doing any manual installs.

The problem is that the MO battle menu needs its external textures. The textures have an different layout and do not work with the vanilla textures.

This is the 7H catalog, so of course it comes with the textures. For those textures to work, he needs make sure his Workshop -> Settings -> Aali Modpath: is pointing to [gamedir]\mods\Textures and that that folder actually exists. It should exist if FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe was used.

theonyxphoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2014-12-17 03:35:02 »
I got the MO to run fine but I have a question about the movies.  When I have the movie mod installed it plays all of the correct updated movies, however if I install one manually into the game directory then it still plays the movie associated with the mod.  Only when I deactivate the movies mod will it allow me to add my own.  Is there a trick to getting them all to cooperate together?

EDIT:
I'm also having problems with the Field Texture Mod. I'm getting an error: Glitch Palette write to external texture field....
« Last Edit: 2014-12-17 10:28:10 by theonyxphoenix »

I.S.T.

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2014-12-17 10:34:56 »
Yeah, broad wasn't the best term.

I installed the gameplay tweaks and cheats mod(I want to cheat in money. I can handle AP and XP grinding, but money grinding just gets me). What all is in that package?

Edit: nevermind, found out. Sorry for the stupid question.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-17 12:15:41 by I.S.T. »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2014-12-17 11:24:36 »
I got the MO to run fine but I have a question about the movies.  When I have the movie mod installed it plays all of the correct updated movies, however if I install one manually into the game directory then it still plays the movie associated with the mod.  Only when I deactivate the movies mod will it allow me to add my own.  Is there a trick to getting them all to cooperate together?

EDIT:
I'm also having problems with the Field Texture Mod. I'm getting an error: Glitch Palette write to external texture field....

7th Heaven overwrites the default file structure if it has files for it. You have to made a 7th Heaven ready mod and load it before the movie mod to use other movies.

Leafia_Barrett

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2014-12-17 15:52:24 »
Okay so your graphics card is Nvidia Geforce GT 750m? I also use this card. Is your laptop SLI, do you have another GT 750m? I'm no expert with computers but I'm wondering if your card might be forcing SLI and its causing graphical glitches. Don't worry if it is, it's simple to fix this.
I don't know what you mean by SLI, but the only other graphics card on this laptop is the Intel Integrated one, and yes, I'm sure the game's not using that.

Is your computer running windows 8.1? If it is I have some more ideas on what might be causing this.
Windows 8.0. Can't update because an earlier update to Windows 8 corrupted my profile and when I fixed the profile, the files for all the Windows apps were completely missing (including the Store, which there's apparently no way to repair).

Also have you used Geforce experience to update your graphics card drivers? The latest version for the GT 750m is 344.75 which does not match up with the number you gave us. It could be you had a bad installation of your old driver. When the new one installs don't run anything else while it goes.
Last time I tried to update, my computer bluescreened and I had to reinstall the old driver in safe mode. If the driver's bad, then it's never shown itself as such before now.

Also don't use Red Werewolf I remember reading earlier that it was causing some major issues for other people as well. Try leaving just that disabled. I have had some graphical glitches due to the menu overhaul at times but nothing major or persistent.
Thing is, each of those mods causes the glitch independently, not just in combination with each other.

One more thing, try checking full screen but unchecking  V-Sync and new timer. Also do you know what the refresh rate of your monitor is? Usually its 60hz 120hz or 144hz.
No luck, and I haven't a clue.

With Red Werewolf, did you click on Configure and select the option that corresponds with what you selected in Gameplay - Difficulty and Story? The drop-down menus are identical so that the flevel/scene work with Red Werewolf correctly. Having different options selected will not work; however, I did not put together those patches nor test them all in a full playthrough. 32 different difficulty and story mods are too much for one person to test. It could be that Wolfman and cmh175 didn't patch them correctly.
Yes, they were both set to the same thing, which is to say, absolutely nothing. They were both on "no change".

Side note: Any idea which of the mods, if any, would cause the game to crash upon trying to start the motorcycle chase minigame? Like, as soon as I hit start to begin the scene, the game throws an error and asks if I want to make an emergency save (an emergency save that loads me immediately into the following fight with everyone on 1 HP, which means an instant game over). I ended up just using the unmodded game to go through that segment, because I didn't feel like troubleshooting 2 dozen mods, or however many are in the catalogue provided in the OP. I know it's not Battle Models - Enemies, because I tried playing with that mod off, and it crashed anyways.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-17 16:14:58 by Leafia_Barrett »

theonyxphoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2014-12-17 18:21:52 »
7th Heaven overwrites the default file structure if it has files for it. You have to made a 7th Heaven ready mod and load it before the movie mod to use other movies.

Thank you for the reply. So unless I have a mod packed with the specific movies I want then using the movies mod already within the catalog isn't going to help. Ok. What about backing up the files in the movie directory and then add them individually?  Is there a place to download the HQ movie files and I can just add them that way?

Alternately, is there a tutorial or easy way to package and create a mod to be used in 7th heaven?

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2014-12-17 23:40:57 »
I don't know what you mean by SLI, but the only other graphics card on this laptop is the Intel Integrated one, and yes, I'm sure the game's not using that.

Hi Leafia, SLI just means two graphics cards of the same model working together to render scenes to improve your FPS(Frames per second) and graphical fidelity/power.

Windows 8.0. Can't update because an earlier update to Windows 8 corrupted my profile and when I fixed the profile, the files for all the Windows apps were completely missing (including the Store, which there's apparently no way to repair).
Last time I tried to update, my computer bluescreened and I had to reinstall the old driver in safe mode. If the driver's bad, then it's never shown itself as such before now.

Okay first of all try this and see if it fixes any of the font issues you are having.
-Right click anywhere on your desktop and select "Personalize"
-On the bottom left it should say "See Also" Under that click "Display".
-Make sure your settings are like this and then see if that fixes anything in game if you changed your settings to match these.

Okay, this may require a bit of your time but I think I may be able to point you in the right direction to fix your APP store and any corrupted files you may have on your computer :D. Which in turn may allow you to upgrade your drivers and fix your graphical glitches.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us
Please read that and follow it step for step! My windows store was also corrupted when I used updated to 8.1 and then used CCCleaner and I may have deleted some important registries or hidden folders. This helped me fix it.

Once you have repaired the core system files that are damaged on your computer it might be safe to update your windows to 8.1 and/or your graphics driver. Keep in mind when you upgrade to windows 8.1 it will set your icons back to large again and you will need to set them back to small like I showed in the picture above. When I had them on large/medium this was causing graphical issues for me.

Edit: Oh also Leafia, do you remember what the error message you received was when your computer blue screened? Was it Driver_State_Power_failure followed by a bunch of numbers/letters? This could be an indication of a few things.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-17 23:49:50 by olearyf2525 »

Leafia_Barrett

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2014-12-18 00:04:47 »
Okay first of all try this and see if it fixes any of the font issues you are having.
-Right click anywhere on your desktop and select "Personalize"
-On the bottom left it should say "See Also" Under that click "Display".
-Make sure your settings are like this and then see if that fixes anything in game if you changed your settings to match these.
No dice.

Okay, this may require a bit of your time but I think I may be able to point you in the right direction to fix your APP store and any corrupted files you may have on your computer :D. Which in turn may allow you to upgrade your drivers and fix your graphical glitches.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us
Please read that and follow it step for step! My windows store was also corrupted when I used updated to 8.1 and then used CCCleaner and I may have deleted some important registries or hidden folders. This helped me fix it.
Tried that already, didn't help any.

Once you have repaired the core system files that are damaged on your computer it might be safe to update your windows to 8.1 and/or your graphics driver. Keep in mind when you upgrade to windows 8.1 it will set your icons back to large again and you will need to set them back to small like I showed in the picture above. When I had them on large/medium this was causing graphical issues for me.
Honestly I don't see why I should update to 8.1 anyhow. Does it really add anything besides compatibility issues?

Edit: Oh also Leafia, do you remember what the error message you received was when your computer blue screened? Was it Driver_State_Power_failure followed by a bunch of numbers/letters? This could be an indication of a few things.
Nope. I went ahead and tried updating, and it worked this time. Still didn't help, though.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2014-12-18 05:29:43 »
This is the 7H catalog, so of course it comes with the textures. For those textures to work, he needs make sure his Workshop -> Settings -> Aali Modpath: is pointing to [gamedir]\mods\Textures and that that folder actually exists. It should exist if FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe was used.

@Leafia_Barrett
Check if the path is correct in the FF7opengl.cfg
Code: [Select]
# mod directory
# subdirectroy of mods/ where textures will be loaded from
mod_path = Textures

You use the new battle menu, which can't work with the normal files and needs its high res fonts. This has nothing to do with your system setup.

Leafia_Barrett

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2014-12-18 10:21:42 »
@Leafia_Barrett
Check if the path is correct in the FF7opengl.cfg
Code: [Select]
# mod directory
# subdirectroy of mods/ where textures will be loaded from
mod_path = Textures

You use the new battle menu, which can't work with the normal files and needs its high res fonts. This has nothing to do with your system setup.
Yep, it's correct.

Is there a reason that Menu - Background and Avatars has no effect at all, even with no other mods activated?
« Last Edit: 2014-12-19 14:59:43 by Leafia_Barrett »

Vallander

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2014-12-20 04:14:17 »
I want to start this by saying, you rock. i havent been on this site in years for FF7 modding and cannot be happier with what you've accomplished with this program. so. you rock. just sayin.

anyway, to the meat of the issue. I am and am not having a problem.

I followed the instructions, setup my paths in 7H settings, downloaded/activated mods,etc. and..... none of them seem to be working after i start the game. on the upside i do have music! yay since a lot of people seem to not have music play.

so basically what IS happening: game loads up like normal. i THINK the field textures after jumping off the train are sharper so that one MAY be working, didnt get too far in to check other things, and the soldiers, along with avalanche, barret, and cloud, are full-size models instead of lego people or chibis. so thats happening. but they're not the custom models i selected. also the text is squished up. like its riding up alongside each letter making it difficult to read. getting into a battle it looks like the cloud model and buster sword model i selected is working, but the enemy soldiers are vanilla, the background is vanilla, and near the characters' status bar im getting a bunch of weird glitchy looking things (left and right arrows, a red eye thing of some sort, squares of colored pixels, etc.) and along with that the menu overhaul isnt seeming to be working. tried to take a screenshot in game but im on a laptop w/o a numpad and it wouldnt let me do the fN key shortcut to prtscrn.

i have imgur links to my mod list and my 7H path settings:

mod load order: http://imgur.com/71mOZzZ

7th Heaven path settings: http://imgur.com/0F8YuMf

if you want me to put up anything else just let me know. or if my load order is whack or something. just hoping to get this running soon and satisfying my ff7 itch :P

**EDIT** so i was reading through some other replies and i dont know if its the source of all my problems but i just realized one big eff up i did. i didnt know the game converter was different between this and bootleg. i started earlier today trying to get bootleg, got tired of waiting hours for the torrent, and decided this looked easier. so im going to try nuking my ff7 folder and using the CORRECT game converter and see if this fixes my issues.

**EDIT #2** ok so i fixed my goof and did it using the correct game converter and now it seems that most of the mods are working. whats happening now though is that now im not getting music, but looking at some other comments i think i see what i need to do to fix that. also the game is now running really slow. reaaaaaaaaaally slow. and there was a blip that popped up after i started and proceeded to the next area to speak to the avalanche members that said something like glitch with blahblah path name field textures.

**EDIT 3** well i tinkered around and now its not running nearly as slow, but still having issues with field textures. and now weirdly when i just decided to open the launcher again, after not changing anything, my arrow keys wouldnt work all of a sudden. it would accept my ENTER to skip the eidos and square logos, but when it got to New Game/Continue? screen, i couldnt select anything. arrow keys wont work and now when i pressed enter on the default option (continue?) its supposed to give an error beep since there is no save file, but this time it didnt. i dont know if maybe its just freezing on that screen?
« Last Edit: 2014-12-20 05:45:54 by Vallander »

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2014-12-20 05:28:03 »
Hey there, I'll see if i can help some of your issues as they sound similar to what I went through when I originally used bootleg so had no sound.

but first things first your order is wrong, Battle Models - Weapons needs to be the first thing on your list, not - characters. This is in the setup explanation.

"Miscellaneous - Red Werewolf
Miscellaneous - CHaOS (Character Overhaul Seven)
Gameplay - Difficulty and Story
Battle Models - Weapons
Any order thereafter (I go alphabetically)"

In your configuration window you have set it up wrong, Aali's path should "[Game directory]\mods\Textures" and you forgot the slash after FF7 anyway. So assuming you installed back the same way it should be "C:\Games\FF7\mods\Textures"

Also the extras folder should be
music
direct

not data/music as it will look in data on its own.

The issues with the file errors you will see at the bottom sometimes you can ignore, they aren't game breaking and it is usually just an external texture that hasn't been pulled or is missing.

Anyway if after correcting all of that you still have no sound uninstalled FF7, Then run regedit.exe as admin and search for Final Fantasy, actually you might have to search for FF7 and then delete every single registry, only takes a few minus (F3 searches for the next existence of that name) and then reinstall FF7 and use the game converter and you should be fine. Bootleg seems to strawberry with something relating to sound and location in the registry.

as for the slow down, it might be worth you posting screenshots of your OpenGL settings as you made quite a few mistakes before :)

Vallander

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2014-12-20 05:57:13 »
thanks for the reply :)

ok i fixed the load order.

fixed the silly data/music

i forgot to put that i already fixed the \mods\textures pathing. it was because i used the bootleg one originally so it didnt create a textures folder.

i made an imgur link for my open gl settings: http://imgur.com/uuygmKs

only other thing im having an issue with now was in my last edit: the arrow keys suddenly not working when i get to the new game/continue? menu. it recognizes my input when i press enter to skip the eidos/square/credits but after that nothing, so i cant tell if its suddenly freezing there or if my input isnt working.

skl9

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2014-12-20 06:04:14 »
Hello I'm new to the modding scene so if I sound like a noob, sorry in advance.
I tried the "Battle Models - Characters" mod and some of the characters turn out looking like gray silhouettes like Tifa by Bloodshot.
Am I doing something wrong?

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2014-12-20 06:21:14 »
thanks for the reply :)

ok i fixed the load order.

fixed the silly data/music

i forgot to put that i already fixed the \mods\textures pathing. it was because i used the bootleg one originally so it didnt create a textures folder.

i made an imgur link for my open gl settings: http://imgur.com/uuygmKs

only other thing im having an issue with now was in my last edit: the arrow keys suddenly not working when i get to the new game/continue? menu. it recognizes my input when i press enter to skip the eidos/square/credits but after that nothing, so i cant tell if its suddenly freezing there or if my input isnt working.

So does that mean all your other issues are fixed including your sound working?

I'll assume you are playing this on a PC? I use a controller so my help here will be limited but I know if I have a controller plugged in my arrow keys don't work.

Also ran you ran the GameConverter did you say Yes or N to the keyboard numpad question?

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2014-12-20 06:21:47 »
Hello I'm new to the modding scene so if I sound like a noob, sorry in advance.
I tried the "Battle Models - Characters" mod and some of the characters turn out looking like gray silhouettes like Tifa by Bloodshot.
Am I doing something wrong?

can you post your load order for the mods?

skl9

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2014-12-20 06:36:10 »
can you post your load order for the mods?
I'm using the load order the OP said to do which is

"Gameplay - Difficulty and Story
Battle Models - Weapons
Any order thereafter..."

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2014-12-20 06:40:40 »
I'm using the load order the OP said to do which is

"Gameplay - Difficulty and Story
Battle Models - Weapons
Any order thereafter..."

It sounds like the mod is calling missing texture. Can you play a scene where this happen then post your app.log from within the FF7 directory, though this is more Alyza field so dunno if I can be of much help