Author Topic: Final fantasy 7 Ruby weapon  (Read 28661 times)

Almighty_gir

• View Profile
Re: Final fantasy 7 Ruby weapon
« Reply #25 on: 2007-08-02 05:49:46 »
cast Hades, it'll cause "stop" as one of his effects. then own ass with KOTR. don't cast anything at him when he isn't stopped, or he'll counter with Ultima. just make sure you've got plenty of KOTR and MIME available. you should only need to cast hades three times.

Brokenheart

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007-08-02 10:29:22 »
lol this is not mean or nothing. But i have mentioned serveral times that i dont have mime or kotr. and i am fully aware of the stop hades affect but thanks for trying to help ^^...

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007-08-02 11:31:24 »
Maybe try the leet thing by leveling your characters to max and having heaps of megalixers and stuff, and fighting him I spoze you could say normal style :-P.
You feel pretty leet afterwards I'd assume, I tried this a few time managed to knock off heaps of his health before dying cheaply lol.

Almighty_gir

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007-08-02 13:45:01 »
Maybe try the leet thing by leveling your characters to max and having heaps of megalixers and stuff, and fighting him I spoze you could say normal style :-P.
You feel pretty leet afterwards I'd assume, I tried this a few time managed to knock off heaps of his health before dying cheaply lol.

i've only done that with ruby and emerald maybe twice? once to see if it was possible, and then once to prove it to a friend.

i felt pretty leet, and then i felt like a complete dork haha.

Psychotic Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007-08-02 15:16:16 »
hey, i found a new (simialer to my old one and the leet one squeeble sugested) but before you do mine you need serten materia and two need to be attatched (the linked materia that looks like this 0=0) the materia are w/summon, quad magic (wich i do beleve you have) and a powerfull summon.(those two has to be the linked materia) now i choose (you pickachu) bahamut zero becuse he can do 9999 damage so times that by 4-6 and you get  59994. so 6 summons of bahumet zero (1 = 180mp) so you think you would use up 1080mp right? well your wrong the best (and funny) part is the game thinks you summend him/her/it once and only once. if you don't beleve me well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7UnoIXNOIU this video that i made not to long ago will show you what i mean
« Last Edit: 2007-08-02 17:02:48 by 1337_grim »

Brokenheart

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007-08-02 18:12:38 »
lol i know what linked slots are, i've played through the game quite a few times. I've just never bothered beating the weapons. and um i have no idea what you're talking about. Are you saying i should use W-summon with quadra magic linked to bahamut zero? Becuase thaT ONLy does 4500 rounded each time because the damage is split. I've done it before and believe me it didnt work that way.

Psychotic Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007-08-02 18:37:08 »
well bahamut zero for me did around 8000 damage (on all three (not combined))  and did you watch the vid? well what you want is quad magic linked with bahamut zero and w/summon seperate.

Brokenheart

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007-08-02 21:31:02 »
lol ik i've done it before. It takes too long though....

Psychotic Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007-08-02 22:19:37 »
well i just thought of another idea. ill post it (mabey with video to)

EDIT: it worked but it took forever and a day(for me). what i had was  8 counter attacks, 4x cut, revive + final attack (both mastered)(didnt need the combo), (mastered) restore, full cure, 99 x potions, 99 elixiors, 99 megaliexiors, and luck lots of luck (not in game just in real life).

the down side?
(not sure if this is going to effect you but this might effect others)
the length that its going to get all of those things and how long the battle will be. and here is a pic for proof

« Last Edit: 2007-08-02 23:04:09 by 1337_grim »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007-08-02 23:50:01 »

Psychotic Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007-08-03 01:56:29 »
nice find squeeb. (mind if i call you that?) but can you find one in english 'cus i cant read that or understand him and i dont think brokenheart can too.

edit: just finished watching the vid. but how did berret do angmax(sp)  6 times after the origanle?

never mind found out how via youtube that dude if f***ing smart

2nd edit: i just realised a two flaws in your idea squeeb.

1 : she doesnt have mime

2 : it would be very hard to keep both people alive during the ruby weapon fight
« Last Edit: 2007-08-03 02:25:07 by 1337_grim »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007-08-03 03:04:33 »
Yeah you can call me Squeeb I get called it all the time when in TS.
About the mime thing maybe investing a bit of time into getting I think you need the mountain chocobo, and as for keeping people alive you could just use hades to sop him temporarily and the pray lol.
Also I just found the japanese one more amusing :P

Brokenheart

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007-08-03 03:25:41 »
the thing is i'm having less trouble with emerald then ruby. *Sighs* ruby just happens to be more annoying.

Psychotic Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007-08-03 04:14:29 »
why not try my new stratigy? it works. its kinda like the angermax limit trick but with cloud and no mime (you could try with 4x cut but that means a lot of  materia leveling

Brokenheart

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007-08-04 02:54:55 »
rofl no problem there. Materia leveling is easy for me expecially being that i dont have a life.

Almighty_gir

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007-08-04 03:05:47 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyZeAWQiEus

pretty much teh same tactic as emerald?

can anyone elaborate on how THIS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ovxL1wdjtI <<<< is possible?!
« Last Edit: 2007-08-04 03:08:38 by Almighty_gir »

Psychotic Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007-08-04 04:24:38 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyZeAWQiEus

pretty much teh same tactic as emerald?

can anyone elaborate on how THIS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ovxL1wdjtI <<<< is possible?!

It's not cheating, it's using a bug that's intrinsic to FFVII: Vincent's Death Penalty weapon deals damage according to the number of enemies he's killed. When that number comes close to 65,535, the internal damage calculation overflows into negative numbers and the game sorta freaks out. It means insta-kill on any enemy, except Ruby who has super-high defense

that's from youtube (same video)

Brokenheart

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007-08-04 07:26:44 »
lol vincents death penalty and i have that vid on my favorites. the problem with vincents death penalty is i've completely given up on killing enemies lol.

Mind_blogger

« Reply #43 on: 2007-08-04 10:37:35 »
@ Broken Heart

Well i am not really the wise man as far this game, but you said you were having easier time fighting Emerald. so why don't you concentrate on defeating it/him/her/whatever and then obtain the Master Materia set by exchanging whatever he drops with the kalm traveller. So that way you have the Master Summon which i presume will include KOTR and Master Command, which again will grant access to Mime, and then you can follow the countless strategies already suggested. I can't say much, I am still trying to defeat Weopon on  my relatively 65-70 levelled characters (with strength's 93,76,75 for my characters!!!! I know this is suicidal! but i managed to deplete around 6,00,000-7,00,000 of its HP therefore i am a little confident)  . Though somehow I too feel that EMERALD is a lot easier, cuz i dont have Mime and therefore am dependent a lot on limit breaks and EMERALD's low defense (RELATIVELY OK?) makes my job easier as i am more of a hack-n-slash player. I just hope that the their is no flaw in above strategy cuz that's how i hope to defeat the Ruby Weopon whose high defense irritate me a lot!!!)

Brokenheart

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007-08-05 01:52:23 »
actually that doesnt sound like a bad idea, i was thinking about doing that at first but.... idk i seem mroe focused on ruby because it just mocks me...lol but i'll try that and possibly give you some feed back, thanks for the help.

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007-08-05 05:08:27 »
it was proven that the Ruby weapon is the hardest boss in videogame history...

Source?

I'll contest that.

Ruby WEAPON only took me a couple days to devise and carry out a strategy to defeat him with. That was without using the W-Item trick and reproducing Megalixirs.

The hardest boss that I've ever fought in my entire video game lifetime would have to be unlimited Universe Indalecio of Star Ocean: The Second Story. It took me damn near three years before I finally defeated him, no tricks involved. Indalecio has several million hit points and he knows all of the best spells, including a few of his own which are basically death sentences. Since Star Ocean 2 has a full-active battle system, you could actually avoid a lot of damage by running around, but Indalecio is just as fast as you are and his attacks have awesome range, and he can cast spells while moving (nothing else in the game can), so... I eventually just buckled down and leveled my entire party up a few dozen levels.

That was probably one of the few occasions in which I impressed myself while playing video games.

Even harder is Tales of Phantasia (PSX version) on its hard mode...I can't even make any progress. At least with Star Ocean 2 you could customize yourself a pretty fancy weapon early on, but man, Tales of Phantasia absolutely kicks my ass on hard mode. Couple that with the fact that I don't read Japanese and you've got yourself a very difficult RPG.

And I know I'm barely scratching the surface here. There are far harder RPGs than Final Fantasy VII (I think we all knew that, though...) and thus far harder bosses than Ruby WEAPON.

Brokenheart

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007-08-07 02:41:32 »
lol it depends who you are and how you play the game bosses are harder depending on strategy. I think out of a lot of bosses Ruby is one of the hardest.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #47 on: 2007-08-10 21:30:50 »
lol it depends who you are and how you play the game bosses are harder depending on strategy. I think out of a lot of bosses Ruby is one of the hardest.

Yeah ruby is at least one of the hardest FF bosses. No dubt the hardest FFVII boss. I still haven't beaten the hardest ones after FFVIII though... The one I spent the longest time on beating however was the ones in FFV.

Btw u got a Gold choc yet?

Brokenheart

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007-08-11 01:01:41 »
I'm not going to get a gold chocobo. I'm gonna beat ruby.

Murak Modder

• http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?murak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007-08-11 15:37:52 »
@zero88
well, i recall seeing on 'when videogames attack' that they were looking at the top 10 hardest bosses in videogame history, and he was ranked at number 1, but i don't listen to middle aged men who only play games all day, and that little unlimited Universe Indalecio was no problem as strageties are actually needed and can be performed in a enviroment such as that, however, ff7 on the other hand, is basically turn base, not much you can do to evade damage and block blows, so i second Malach!'s opinion about the ruby weapon as the hardest boss in video game history. (or penance from ffX as it's such a long fight and he has quite a bit of power)