Author Topic: [PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)  (Read 501751 times)

Borde

• View Profile
Re: Kimera: FF7 p model simple editor
« Reply #725 on: 2013-08-10 22:20:28 »
Yeah i tried that i mentioned it in one of my earlier posts that i tried both files and regular and admin permissions

I'm sorry to hear that ChaosSaber9999. If all that failed, I'm out of ideas.

TheHierarchy

• View Profile
« Reply #726 on: 2013-08-10 23:51:04 »
If you're trying to run the kimera program on a 64bit version of windows 8 this is what i tried.

1.Copy the "MSSTDFMT.DLL" file to the "sysWOW64" folder
2. Locate command line executable"cmd" (go to the start menu and type cmd.)
3. Before running cmd right click it and run as administrator.
4. enter in the following-  %windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe %windir%\SysWoW64\namedll.dll

with both lower and capital case letters, space and all. (between "regsvr32.exe and %windir%" is a space.)

5. right click the kimera program and run it as administrator. (in order to run the program you must run it as administrator.)

that's about all i remember doing, only one file for me needed copying to the "sysWOW64" folder.  if it's not working you probably have something missing or need updates.

If anyone wants to know my characters, The models i used are "Kaldarasha's unshaded models",  to shade them here is a visual representation. 

My cloud model is the "Highres cloud" which doesn't need any shading. to get the perfect shaded Sephiroth it may take some work.

explanation, for my Sephiroth.

Use "ulgp" to unpack and inject your .LGP characters.

here are the list of all the characters and the names kimera uses to recognize the files. (characters must be saved in lowercase letters.) http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/User:JBed/FFVII/Characters

that's it.

« Last Edit: 2013-08-10 23:52:39 by TheHierarchy »

TheHierarchy

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: 2013-08-11 00:26:33 »
you can also re-shade your characters if they're still appearing to bright. (to do that save them once and then go over them again.)  hope all of what I've said helps.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-11 00:29:08 by TheHierarchy »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: 2013-08-11 07:32:41 »
Please, don't use Compute to ground high! It only affects the current animation (not the model). If you do that, you need to do this for all animations of the model. And it doesn't always work correctly.
You could also try this with the light: Z max left and Y max right with all lights on.

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #729 on: 2013-08-11 14:59:54 »
Compute ground height is best used only on battle model HRCs'. Most field animations are used by multiple field HRCs' so computing the ground height to match an animation to one model model will result in other models that are floating or sunken on the field. Of course you could always rename all the modified animations to an unused .a spot and then assign them to the model in every flevel the model appears. Giving the model it's own set of unique animation that are unused by an other field HRC, but this would be very time consuming for very little reward.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: 2013-08-11 17:04:39 »
Whoa, Grimmy's still alive. :o

TheHierarchy

• View Profile
« Reply #731 on: 2013-08-11 21:15:23 »
Please, don't use Compute to ground high! It only affects the current animation (not the model). If you do that, you need to do this for all animations of the model. And it doesn't always work correctly.
You could also try this with the light: Z max left and Y max right with all lights on.

ah, ok then, my bad. I notice levitating characters too. so now i know not to use it. but the rest I've said works just fine with me.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: 2013-10-12 08:40:50 »
Sorry to Necro post but I need some info if anyone has it.  As you all know I am editing the Sephiroth animations to look similar how he does them in KH.  So I believe I stumbled on an unused animation.  The animation in question is number 30 and one other I can't remember which.  It only has two frames of animation and it seems to be a copy of his basic slash attack the one where he cuts the enemy.  This maybe that they where going to give him the materia modifying attack because I believe somewhere someone said they where going to add a playable Sephiroth just nothing tied to the story.  This could possible support this.  So my question is do you think it is something that we can exploit and use?

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: 2013-10-13 10:27:58 »
Sorry to Necro post but I need some info if anyone has it.  As you all know I am editing the Sephiroth animations to look similar how he does them in KH.  So I believe I stumbled on an unused animation.  The animation in question is number 30 and one other I can't remember which.  It only has two frames of animation and it seems to be a copy of his basic slash attack the one where he cuts the enemy.  This maybe that they where going to give him the materia modifying attack because I believe somewhere someone said they where going to add a playable Sephiroth just nothing tied to the story.  This could possible support this.  So my question is do you think it is something that we can exploit and use?

Animation 30 is part of his standard attack routine, according to his AB file. Two animations are still unused though. 24 and 25, I think. At least I don't remember any attack ever using those animations.

That said, it would be awesome if we could easily restore the animation IDs in between, which seem to be missing from Sephiroth. Does anyone know if that's even remotely possible?

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: 2013-10-13 13:10:21 »
If borde can implement a porting system then we'll be able to use some from reno and his coatless stagger animation.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #735 on: 2014-01-10 17:41:21 »
Hi Borde, I think it is time for an yearly update.  :-D

I have something on my wishlist.
First thing is an own color pallet system, the second thing is a better way to color vertices and edges.
1.)
- a pallet with nine main colors, each with five subcolors
- the new pallet is saved in a txt-file with the file name 'PalletNameOfTheHrcFile.txt'
- if I change the main color its subcolors are changed the same way
(to be honest the new color pallet would be only an editing of the current pallet system, but I have no idea if it would be easy or even possible to realize)

2.)
- I need to select vertices and edges
- if a vertex is selected: the color of the vertex is changeable in all three triangles which are connected with it
- if two connected edges are selected: the color of the vertex is only changeable in the triangle, which the both edges are generating

I also would prefer if the brightness setting for the color would be use a uniform scale with a maximum brightness and a minimum brightness like the most paint programs do. The current way is sometimes confusing, because I never knew where exactly the middle is and it could easily happen that you make a color a bit  brighter instead of a bit darker by accident.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #736 on: 2014-01-11 01:11:26 »
Hello Kaldarasha.

I'm sorry to say I've been completly neglecting Kimera development (or any kind of the development outside of the job, actually) for the last months.

I think I don't really understand what you're asking for. What would these sub colors be, shades of the same color? I'm not exactly fond of the current pallete system. It's a real a mess and, if I'm going to do aything about it, I think It will imply rewritting the whole thing.

As for painting vertices and edges, It's very doable. Selecting them would be cool, but It's would take some work. And I don't feel motivated at all.

As for your suggestion about the brightness, It would be certainly a much saner approach and I'll look into it. The current implementetion never was anything but a quick and dirty trick.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #737 on: 2014-01-12 07:54:42 »
I have thought about it the idea with the pallet. It would be good in a new program, but to rewrite the whole thing isn't worth the effort.
However it would be good, if I could safe and load a color. At the moment I writing down the colors manually in a text file.

I really need these vertex painting. The current way with erase and create new faces is very time consuming.
So I hope this bastard, called motivation, is coming to you very soon. He plays with me hide and seek, too, and he's always the one who's hiding.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #738 on: 2014-01-13 21:01:23 »
I understand. Ok, I'll see what I can do.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #739 on: 2014-02-16 05:01:18 »
Sorry to necro post but got some questions of my own.  So Borde any chance of you making any changes to editing animations possibly that we talked about?
@Kaldarasha: Know what you mean all to well.  Especially since I am re-watching battlestar galactica over again.

NeuroSephrioth

• Neuro Sephiroth
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Kimera Problems
« Reply #740 on: 2014-02-28 01:13:57 »
I'm trying to use Kimera for a big mod I'm making. Whenever I try to run it as admin, it spits this error at me:

Run-time error '713':

Class not registered.
You need the following file to be installed on your machine.
MSSTDFMT.DLL.

I have the file installed in the folder. What's wrong?

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
Re: Kimera Problems
« Reply #741 on: 2014-02-28 02:23:38 »
Its the MSSTDFMT.DLL, yes? Either way copy the file you're getting in the error into the system32 file. Open the start menu and type "cmd", and open as admin. Now to register the .dll file use this command "regsvr32 MSSTDFMT.DLL" without the quotations. Kimera should now work. You may have another file to register but that's how you fix it.

There was a long discussion of this starting on page 26.

You can find more info on the Kimera tool thread if you need it.

EDIT: Thread merged
« Last Edit: 2014-02-28 13:22:16 by obesebear »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #742 on: 2014-03-06 14:08:30 »
Is it possible to add an additional piece to part of a battle model, without combining them in pcreator? I applied the baked lighting to a model but the one dark part on it is pretty dark now. So I cut the original piece and am trying to add it with the add part to bone option. It looks fine at first, but when I save it the new part combines with the part I added it to and turns solid grey. In the p editor window the group info says the tex slot has increased by one as well. How do I fix it so it uses the correct texture slot and isn't solid grey. I even added the texture again in the slot kimera says it's using and it's still solid grey, so is it possible to at least fix that?

I tried to re-add the pieces together in pcreator, but the shaded part from kimera loses it's baked lighting so the whole thing looks the same as before, and it doesn't look like I can just shade one part of a piece. I can add parts and change textures for field models using notepad, is it possible to do something similar with battles models? It looks like if I can add the part outside of kimera it may work too.

~Found why part is grey. It's screwing up the uv mapping for some reason. Looks like it mirrors it on the Y, which could be manageable, but for some reason it doesn't flip the whole uv mapping so now it stretches across the Y axis. Why the hell is it doing that? This part wont be able to be added in kimera, is it possible to add it directly with notepad or something?
« Last Edit: 2014-03-06 14:37:22 by cmh175 »

Loki_

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: 2014-04-01 10:16:19 »
Please anyone could reupload last version of kimera? All links sems down. Thanks in advance  :)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #744 on: 2014-04-01 10:27:48 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15089.0

Use this link for the latest Kimera build until Borde reupload it by himself.
« Last Edit: 2014-06-03 17:34:51 by Kaldarasha »

Loki_

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: 2014-04-01 11:45:47 »
sorry didnt see the thread  ;D thanks mate

Sonicmfc

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: 2014-06-29 18:04:00 »
I've been using this tool recently and it's been working great. However, out of nowhere after nearly finishing importing all my new pieces with new textures I'm getting this 'Run-time error 7 out of memory- error which is force closing the program. I very rarely got this error at first but now only after a few click of the change size, position arrows the error pops up closing my work making re-positioning my new pieces very difficult. Has anyone else encountered this and know how I could fix it?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: 2014-06-29 21:27:13 »
You should try to disable the textures when you re-positioning the parts or at last leave only the textures on the parts where you currently make your edits. You can apply the textures on the model when you are ready after wards.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #748 on: 2014-06-29 21:38:21 »
This error happens when you apply a large texture file to several pieces. Battle models are more tricky since you cant really move the texture from some pieces and leave it on others. Try removing the texture to work on it and save often. If it helps turn on the lighting in kimera so you're not just looked at solid white pieces but do NOT SAVE without turning the lighting off first, it's a pain in the ass to remove it.

Sonicmfc

• View Profile
« Reply #749 on: 2014-07-05 17:36:12 »
Don't suppose there's any way to get around the limit on ten textures per model as I find a lot of models have more than 10 pieces to them thus most need more than 10 new textures no matter how big or small.