Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4923680 times)

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3950 on: 2016-07-15 14:36:13 »
Is there a new NT IRO? im only seein the one from May

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: 2016-07-15 17:38:09 »
Returned to Corneo's Mansion with Cid as party leader and I saw Cloud standing in Corneo's desk.

http://i.imgur.com/rWZ6Eq8.jpg

Heh, forgot about that one.

Is there a new NT IRO? im only seein the one from May

Not yet, been having trouble with 7H.

cheffdonty

• View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: 2016-07-15 20:35:30 »
New Threat Rules! All hail Sega Chief!

Xidwen

• View Profile
NT First Battle MASSIVE issue.
« Reply #3953 on: 2016-07-15 22:07:16 »
I have the Square Enix version of the game, the remaster released, bought directly from Square's website. I downloaded NT just a few moments ago, had no issues with the install. However, as i was encountered by the first two enemies, it sent Cloud to a battle field that was outside, on a grassy plains, with three very powerful enemies (that are not the MP) that kill me in one attack. I don't understand why it's doing this, and I'd like some help so I can enjoy this mod.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: 2016-07-16 02:22:14 »
I have the Square Enix version of the game, the remaster released, bought directly from Square's website. I downloaded NT just a few moments ago, had no issues with the install. However, as i was encountered by the first two enemies, it sent Cloud to a battle field that was outside, on a grassy plains, with three very powerful enemies (that are not the MP) that kill me in one attack. I don't understand why it's doing this, and I'd like some help so I can enjoy this mod.

That's a kernel - scene.bin synching problem. Most likely cause is that one or the other hasn't been patched (probably the kernel) due to either some kind of security issue or maybe a different language installation (an extra step is needed to make it work with French, German, or Spanish versions). Are you running the main installer unblocked + as admin, and is it the english version of FF7 you have?

Edit: New IRO is up.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-16 03:09:41 by Sega Chief »

Xidwen

• View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: 2016-07-16 03:17:21 »
That's a kernel - scene.bin synching problem. Most likely cause is that one or the other hasn't been patched (probably the kernel) due to either some kind of security issue or maybe a different language installation (an extra step is needed to make it work with French, German, or Spanish versions). Are you running the main installer unblocked + as admin, and is it the english version of FF7 you have?

Edit: New IRO is up.

I'm running everything unblocked and running as an admin. I'm running it on windows 7, in english.
I should probably mention that I used Wallmarket to edit a few minor things, very few. (Made all Cloud's weapons look like the Buster Sword, slightly altering base stats, and changing HP divisors for Limits) Would changing those be the thing causing my issue, and is there a way to revert it back to normal without having a backup of kernel.bin or kernel2.bin?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: 2016-07-16 05:08:16 »
Any changes you make to the kernel need to be checked against the scene.bin. To do this, you need to run the PrC tool (proud clod) and open the game's scene.bin in the lang-en/battle folder. Without making changes, click File then Create/Save and it'll prompt a check of the game's kernel. Confirm and direct the tool to the kernel (I think the default is for the 1998 FF7 PC kernel location but it should let you direct it to the Steam version's kernel if it can't find this). If it finds that they're unsynched, then select yes and it'll adjust them.

Xidwen

• View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: 2016-07-16 05:43:03 »
Alright, I did that and PRC said that everything looks to be in order, and the scene.bin has been successfully saved. However, I ran the game and the same scenario occurred.  https://s31.postimg.org/6ik9abna3/FF7_EN_2016_07_16_01_38_20_163.jpg
This is the image that appears when the first battle occurs. I followed your instructions down to a T and even still this is occurring.

Edit: The creature does about 1500 damage to Cloud, and attacks before i can choose an action.

Edit: I attempted creating the scene.bin before i installed the mod using my clean backup data, and after doing another installation of the mod. The same battle still occurs.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-16 05:56:56 by Xidwen »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: 2016-07-16 18:28:00 »
This happened before recently for another user; for whatever reason, certain files wouldn't patch correctly (usually the kernel). I'll send a PM.

Xidwen

• View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: 2016-07-16 19:35:01 »
I'm not able to send you a PM, but I've got it fully working. I didn't update both kernels at first, so i got another fight, but now it fully works, and I can now fully enjoy this awesome mod.

So, changing the kernel now with Wallmarket should be okay now and shouldn't mess up the game?

Also, if I change the sword models to all be the Buster Sword, will this battle (not going to say it just in case it may be a spoiler) https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0HQZQmNqj5E/maxresdefault.jpg , will both swords end up being the Buster Sword, because although it doesn't make sense in canon, it'd be kinda cool.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-16 19:40:28 by Xidwen »

Xidwen

• View Profile

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: 2016-07-17 06:34:18 »
I'm not able to send you a PM, but I've got it fully working. I didn't update both kernels at first, so i got another fight, but now it fully works, and I can now fully enjoy this awesome mod.

So, changing the kernel now with Wallmarket should be okay now and shouldn't mess up the game?

Also, if I change the sword models to all be the Buster Sword, will this battle (not going to say it just in case it may be a spoiler) https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0HQZQmNqj5E/maxresdefault.jpg , will both swords end up being the Buster Sword, because although it doesn't make sense in canon, it'd be kinda cool.

That battle model is separate from Cloud's files, so no worries; it'll still appear like that even if you change all of Cloud's weapons into buster swords. However, you can change that one into a Buster Sword as well if you replace the model part NXBA with a Buster Sword (just delete NXBA, then copy-paste RTCK and rename the copied file to NXBA).

I assume this isn't supposed to happen? Lol

That better not be with the latest flevel patch applied ._.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: 2016-07-17 08:20:50 »
That better not be with the latest flevel patch applied ._.

You can rest easy SC, I went back to that area again using the lastest IRO file, and sure enough, Guard Scorp is nowhere to be found!  8-)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: 2016-07-17 11:48:35 »
You can rest easy SC, I went back to that area again using the lastest IRO file, and sure enough, Guard Scorp is nowhere to be found!  8-)

Thank God.

I assume this isn't supposed to happen? Lol

If you haven't, use the latest flevel hotfix patch available from the front page (it's installed in the same way as the main installer). But let me know if this is installed and the scorp showed up ._.'

Xidwen

• View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: 2016-07-17 14:45:09 »
That battle model is separate from Cloud's files, so no worries; it'll still appear like that even if you change all of Cloud's weapons into buster swords. However, you can change that one into a Buster Sword as well if you replace the model part NXBA with a Buster Sword (just delete NXBA, then copy-paste RTCK and rename the copied file to NXBA).

Could you maybe PM me with what exactly all of this means and how to do this? I'm still very much a noob at FF7 modding and doing stuff of this level.

Also another noob question: When am I able to start being able rank up my characters?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: 2016-07-17 18:56:08 »
Could you maybe PM me with what exactly all of this means and how to do this? I'm still very much a noob at FF7 modding and doing stuff of this level.

Also another noob question: When am I able to start being able rank up my characters?

I sent a PM; as for rank-up, that becomes available once you finish the Mythril Mines.

FrancoiseHarpie

• View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: 2016-07-17 22:10:12 »
Hello there !

I am having fun with 1.4 (haven't played it since 1.2) but it seems I can't update Flevel and Scene : the patcher tells me there's no file to update. I'm playing the English version.

I was able to get to Northern Crater. If I manage to update these files, will i miss anything or is everything available through Lost&Found ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: 2016-07-18 06:14:31 »
Maybe a security thing? The patches tend to fall afoul of security more often because they're newer than the main installer one and won't be as trusted by anti-virus software. If you kept back-ups of the default flevel + lang-en folders then you could try swapping those in and then trying to run the patchers again (mind to unblock + run as admin in Properties for both of them). If that doesn't work, let me know.

Len

• View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: 2016-07-18 06:38:02 »
On the subject of Guard Scorp, when I was protecting Aeris in the church, a much more powerful version (As in 2k damage) of Guard Scorpion attacked me during one of the random battles in the attic. I had to go through this part (and the boss prior to it) three times before I could get it.

Is this a bug, intentional, or do I have a conflict from when I installed Reunion for faster enemy death animations and menu cleanup (and only these, nothing else)? I understand it changes a few things and it might've affected random battles, but this is the only conflict I've seen so far, so I'm blaming that but also double-checking.

To be exact, it's one where Cloud says "Yeesh!" when the fight starts. I don't know how to check the individual instances of formations so I can't give more info just now (that and I'm running out the door to go to work but I can use the internet at work).
« Last Edit: 2016-07-18 09:16:38 by Len »

FrancoiseHarpie

• View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: 2016-07-18 07:06:21 »
This is what I did :

- Moved the FFVII folder to a different location (as Program Files is quite security-heavy) and unchecked the Read-only box for everything
 - Temporary deactivated all agents of my anti-virus program
- Swapped both files with their backups
- Ran both patchers as admin.

I still got the same message

Murasame

• View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: 2016-07-18 13:15:08 »
Sorry to bother with this again. I've been to the bottom of the crater, I went to the altar in the Forgotten city and beat the new boss down there. I didn't get Planet materia afterwards and I clicked around to see if it was on the ground but still found nothing. :(

Edit: noticed the new patch on the front page. Will I have to re-load and beat the boss again for it to drop?

Double edit: ughhh. I done goofed and saved over the wrong file, my next closest save is 4 hours away. I don't think I can get it now.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-18 13:29:20 by Murasame »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: 2016-07-18 17:53:07 »
On the subject of Guard Scorp, when I was protecting Aeris in the church, a much more powerful version (As in 2k damage) of Guard Scorpion attacked me during one of the random battles in the attic. I had to go through this part (and the boss prior to it) three times before I could get it.

Is this a bug, intentional, or do I have a conflict from when I installed Reunion for faster enemy death animations and menu cleanup (and only these, nothing else)? I understand it changes a few things and it might've affected random battles, but this is the only conflict I've seen so far, so I'm blaming that but also double-checking.

To be exact, it's one where Cloud says "Yeesh!" when the fight starts. I don't know how to check the individual instances of formations so I can't give more info just now (that and I'm running out the door to go to work but I can use the internet at work).

It's a bug, he's not supposed to appear there. If the kernel has been changed in some way, then the wrong encounters will start loading as the look-up tables are out of synch. Might be interference from Reunion but I've no idea if what you've installed from it alters the kernel (or scene.bin). Something you can do though is download the PrC tool (proud clod) and open the game's scene.bin in the lang-en folder (or battle if it's a 7H/1998 version) and then clicking file/save (or 'create' if it's an older version); it'll give you a prompt to check the kernel (direct it to the one in the lang-en folder if needed) and will offer to resynch them if they're incorrect. Make sure to run as admin:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8481.0

This is what I did :

- Moved the FFVII folder to a different location (as Program Files is quite security-heavy) and unchecked the Read-only box for everything
 - Temporary deactivated all agents of my anti-virus program
- Swapped both files with their backups
- Ran both patchers as admin.

I still got the same message

So it's not security and the paths are probably fine too if it's the English version. I've no idea; I'll send you a PM.

Sorry to bother with this again. I've been to the bottom of the crater, I went to the altar in the Forgotten city and beat the new boss down there. I didn't get Planet materia afterwards and I clicked around to see if it was on the ground but still found nothing. :(

Edit: noticed the new patch on the front page. Will I have to re-load and beat the boss again for it to drop?

Double edit: ughhh. I done goofed and saved over the wrong file, my next closest save is 4 hours away. I don't think I can get it now.

I made a mistake, it seems to have been moved to the Gold Match in Extra Battle (I just checked the files).

Len

• View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: 2016-07-18 18:23:29 »
I already decided to do a full reinstall since Reunion's absolute minimum install was likely causing some other problems and to just live with the menu issues (I don't think that it was right to be Lv22 at Rufus considering I didn't grind and a showcase vid stated that you were expected to be around 20 at Jenova, and some battles felt far too easy), but I'll keep that in mind for next time. Reason I was thinking "intentional" was because of Scorp's refusal to leave the Church and that you turned it into a more extreme running gag but you picked the wrong scorpion.

To make you feel better, when I reflected a cure/all onto the guys at the reactor, I didn't think "bug", I thought "That's genius". Then I realized that the triple reflect trick was nerfed when I interpreted that as being the proper tactic. The amount of thought you put into this mod is quite exceptional. Especially Cloud's level in Nibelheim. If he had those stats in the original game, it would've been one of the best foreshadowings of the generation.

FrancoiseHarpie

• View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: 2016-07-18 19:19:47 »
The hard way seems to have solved the issue. I'm now able to see the Lost & Found guy.

Thank you again Sega Chief for your help !

itx

• View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: 2016-07-19 01:39:03 »
Hello, can i find somewhere a full guide, or a list of all things that changed from the original game?

Really good work Sega Chief!