Author Topic: A Very important request on behalf of Spanish FF7 gamers  (Read 8701 times)

Sk-F

• View Profile
First of all, I just wanted to introduce myself: I'm Pablo and I just discovered the forum today. I got REALLY impressed because of what you guys have done so far with these games. It's truly amazing :). With regards  to the request I wanted to make, it's related to the brand new High-resolution mode you guys have developed. As you might imagine, the patch you provide doesn't work at all with the Spanish 1.2 version of the game, since it has different size from the original one. Could you PLEASE release a Spanish version of the patch? (along with the 1280x1024 fix). Me and the whole community of Spanish users would be absolutely pleased with that. Could you make the effort? Thanks very much :).

Anyway, and now that I'm writing here I'd like to expose a problem I'm having with the game (not a surprise, huh? =); although it's not a big deal, I'd like to see if you could help me here: I've got an ATI Radeon 9600XT 256 and I can play the game just fine (or at least I've had no problems so far), with working 3D acceleration and improved music. I've installed by following this order the Movie patch, the 1.2 Spanish TNT patch and Chocobo patch. However, I can't play with AA on no matter the "Xs": 2x, 4x, 6x... due to corrupted background graphics: Menus and everything that's not 3D appears surrounded by both vertical and horizontal corrupted color lines (like "blocks"). Fights work fine but the thing goes messed up with 2D backgrounds. Is there a way to fix it? I also tried to turn off the Anisotropic filtering and every effect possible,only turning on AA to see if it got fixed, but the problem is still there. Any ideas?

Thanks for everything, and greetings from Spain.

Pablo

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
A Very important request on behalf of Spanish FF7 gamers
« Reply #1 on: 2005-09-18 14:49:11 »
Welcome,

Don't know if it helps, but with my Radeon9550, I got gridlines when using D3D NVIDIA RIVA 128 fix, but the gridlines disappear when changing to TNT fix.

dziugo

Phyltre

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-09-18 16:14:56 »
My glowing gridlines went away when I went to TNT, as well.  But I'm running a Radeon X800 Pro.

Sk-F

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-09-18 21:04:56 »
Thanks everybody for support :) Anyway, which Catalyst drivers are you using? I believe I'm using 5.7 ones and still can't get rid of the grids. I'm also on TNT mode, but the grids still appear when switching AA on.

spike

« Reply #4 on: 2005-09-19 20:38:21 »
Sk-F, I have exactly the same problem, and I´m spanish too...

We need help pleaseeeeee :(

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005-09-19 23:05:18 »
You can play with AA on with higher Resolution patch :-P. Yeah, not very helpful.
As for the 1.2 patch, I've always used the US version and I play in Spanish (there was no Spanish TNT patch by the time I played the game). I had to change the name of the following files in order for the game to run:

in cd\
  cr_sp.lgp=>cr_us.lgp
  disc_sp.lgp=>disc_us.lgp

in menu\
  menu_sp.lgp=>menu_us.lgp

in minigame\
  high-sp.lgp=>high-us.lgp
  snowboard-sp.lgp=>snowboard-us.lgp

in wm\
  world_sp.lgp=>world_us.lgp

Hope that works.
EDIT:Looks like I've been proven wrong. Sorry.

spike

« Reply #6 on: 2005-09-20 08:09:32 »
thanks thanks thanks!!!

A question...If I install US version of the game and I change that files to play in Spanish...I can install all the patches of this forum??

At the moment, I have ESP version and I cant't install none of them... :(

PD: A good confidence store in Internet to buy US version? I want this game now! :D

greetings for all

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005-09-20 18:57:26 »
You sould have no problem at all with a US version. If you try renaming the files and installing the 1.2 patch I think it SHOULD work too (at least, it works for me). Try it befor buying a new version.

spike

« Reply #8 on: 2005-09-20 20:27:57 »
Hi Borde

Thanks for your help but I have a problem: I try installing a english version before buying the other and I have renamed the files that you has said me but the game remains in Spanish...

Can you say me the steps to follow please?I would thank you very much

Thanks

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #9 on: 2005-09-20 20:50:48 »
Those steps are for people who wish to use HighRes patch (or any other patch that requires eng ff7.exe). It won't change the language of FF7 because is still uses the spanish version of those files...

spike

« Reply #10 on: 2005-09-20 21:14:38 »
I don't understand very well that you have said me...What I have to do for change the language?

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #11 on: 2005-09-20 21:24:21 »
To change the language to English, you'll need to buy the English version.
You don't have the English language files, that's why it's still in Spanish.

Sk-F

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005-09-21 03:23:57 »
Thanks for the overwhelming support :), amazing people around here. But before proceeding to do what has been commented above, i'd like to sum them up; so, in other words: to use High-Res patch (or the Reunion Patch or whatever) on the Spanish version of FF7, I should:

1.- Rename the files commented above:

in cd:
cr_sp.lgp=>cr_us.lgp
disc_sp.lgp=>disc_us.lgp

in menu:
menu_sp.lgp=>menu_us.lgp

in minigame:
high-sp.lgp=>high-us.lgp
snowboard-sp.lgp=>snowboard-us.lgp

in wm:
world_sp.lgp=>world_us.lgp

****Note: However, to change such things in the CD, I suppose I'll have to make a backup copy, won't I ?

2.- Install the ENGLISH 1.02 version of FF7 (both main .exe and config)

3.- Install the high-res & other patches?

But, before doing so I've tried to rename some files, since the reunion patch requires menu_us.lgp and world_us.lgp to be applied, and nothing happens. It says that files doesn't match in size or something like that.

Any ideas? :)

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005-09-21 06:35:41 »
I beleive he means in the folder "CD" not on the actual CD :P

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005-09-21 08:35:59 »
Mmmm... I see. Now I understand the problem everyone is having. I thought that world_us.lgp and menu_us.lgp were the same file for every version. Now I see I was wrong.
Well, no problem. I'd post the US version files here, but I think it would be illegal. Instead of doing so, I post here 2 IPS patches to convert menu_sp and world_sp to US versions:
http://perso.wanadoo.es/e/ventanucos/FF7%20SP-US%20patches.rar
IPS patches can be aplied using a wide range of programs. Personally, I use SNES Tools 1.2.
After using these patches you should be able o install at least the Reunion's patch.
By the way Sk-F, yeah, James Pond is right, I meant the files in the directory cd insde the data one.

spike

« Reply #15 on: 2005-09-21 12:34:33 »
Thank you very much again Borde

Then, I should install SPA version, use IPS patches to convert menu_sp and world_sp to US versions and install any patch I want but...When I install the update 1.02??...before of use IPS patches or after? :-?

Another question: Its necessary to rename the archives that you comment?If it is...When?

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005-09-21 12:47:38 »
Quote from: spike
When I install the update 1.02??...before of use IPS patches or after? :-?
1.02 patch changes only ff7.exe and FF7Config.exe files, so it doesn't matter when you update it.

spike

« Reply #17 on: 2005-09-21 13:40:29 »
Well, thaks all but it seems that I am idiot...

1º  I have installed the SPA version of the game
2º  I have used Snes Tools on menu_sp and world_sp files to apply IPS patches
3º  I have updated to 1.02v (SPA)
4º  I have applied Hight Res patch
5º  The game appears in black  :(

I have done something badly?

Sk-F

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005-09-21 17:15:45 »
Nope Spike, I'm pretty sure you haven't done anything bad, cause I've done exactly what I've been told (same as you) and game doesn't even start (screen in black, not even showing the first Eidos - Squaresoft video). I'm pretty sure it's due to using the English 1.02 patch. :(

Any ideas will be gladly welcomed :)

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005-09-21 17:32:27 »
Quote from: spike
(...)
3º  I have updated to 1.02v (SPA)
4º  I have applied Hight Res patch
(...)
So HighRes patch supports spanish version of FF7?

Sk-F

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005-09-21 17:38:17 »
Nope, I didn't realized Spike wrote that, but I suppose he must have committed a mistake. High-res patch CAN'T in any way be applied to the Spanish 1.02 patch (a message appears, showing that it couldn't be applied due to different sizes, just try downloading it and check it by yourself).

Anyway, I suppose the only patch that works with the patching thing will be the Reunion one (since it doesn't need the English 1.02 version). I'll try it straight away and I'll post results here asap.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005-09-21 19:19:39 »
Mmm... it stays forever in a black screen or just flashes and exits?
By the way Spike, did you rename the files?

spike

« Reply #22 on: 2005-09-21 20:21:12 »
yes, It stays forever in a black

mmmmm, yes too, I have renamed the files...

somebody can say me what I must do?step by step?I have tried a lot of things but I have not obtained anything util...

Borde, what you made to play in Spanish with the US version?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005-09-21 21:05:57 »
I see... well, it looks like I was wrong. Sorry for making you waste your time. Looks like I did something more to make the game work and now I can't remember what. Probably I mixed files from the Us and the spanish version.
Anyway, if you have the US and the Spanish version, you can use the spanish flevel.lgp and get spanish texts (the menus will still be in inglish though). I'm 100% sure it works.

Sk-F

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005-09-21 22:29:17 »
I see, what a pity :( . Well, thanks very much anyway. At least, I managed to apply the Reunion patch to the Spanish version eventually. To do that:

* Before starting with the process, check that you've installed 1.02 Spanish patch, Movie patch and Chocobo patch (as always).

1.- Just commute the "menu_sp" and "world_sp" from your FF7 directory to their respective US versions with the SNES Tools 1.2 and the patches given by Borde above (Copy both the .isp ones and the original "..._sp" files inside the program directory and: USE IPS - select .ips file - select its .lgp correspondant )

2.- After doing so (with both files), rename them to "menu_us" and "world_us" respectively.

3.- Follow the guidelines given by Reunion in his "tutorial for dummies" (  http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=4451&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc )

4.- After applying the Reunion patch, be sure to rename "menu_us" and "world_us" to their original names "menu_sp" and "world_sp"

5.- Enjoy!

PS: I think this should be attached as Important in the Tweaking forum. I'm pretty sure many Spanish people will find it useful.

PS.2: Although it's quite an achievement, I believe it shouldn't be too hard to make a High-res patch as well. Why don't you give it a try? ;) thank you very much.