Author Topic: Textures and .p files  (Read 3199 times)

Takeru

• I died, a long time ago...
    • View Profile
Textures and .p files
« on: 2010-05-29 16:40:55 »
Could someone tell me how can I link a .tex file in a .p file?

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Re: Textures and .p files
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-29 16:44:47 »
What do you mean about link??

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-29 17:01:52 »
That the .p file uses the .tex file textures.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-05-29 17:04:09 »
I can't seem to get you. You want to edit what the .p file uses as their texture?? Use kimera and change their texture there.

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-05-29 17:05:21 »
I can't seem to get you. You want to edit what the .p file uses as their texture?? Use kimera and change their texture there.

I mean the same thing as in weapon's in battle, the file with the model AND the file containing it's design.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-05-29 17:10:42 »
Explain it better man. I don't get what you mean. In the battle if you change the texture of Cloud's sword if you save it in kimera it will remove the .tex extension but it is still a tex file. Is that what you are finding?? For example, rtck is the buster sword and is a .p file. If you want to change its texture file just rename your other texture to rtac and put it in the same folder as rtck. If you do that the sword will load the sword with the new texture you want.

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-05-29 17:13:57 »
Explain it better man. I don't get what you mean. In the battle if you change the texture of Cloud's sword if you save it in kimera it will remove the .tex extension but it is still a tex file. Is that what you are finding?? For example, rtck is the buster sword and is a .p file. If you want to change its texture file just rename your other texture to rtac and put it in the same folder as rtck. If you do that the sword will load the sword with the new texture you want.

Well... let's see if this time i can explain it better. XD

In AC Custom Cloud model that made kula, there's the First Tsurugi, and I'm trying to put the First Tsurugi in Cloud's field model, but idk how and where to put the texture file.

EDIT: Any other model editor that is not Kimera?
« Last Edit: 2010-05-29 17:22:46 by Takeru »

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-05-29 19:05:37 »
Oh, that's easy. First open aaaa.hrc from the AC Custom model then click on the hip part of Cloud then click Add part to bone. Then a new window will open then rtcz from the battle folder that comes with the download of the AC Custom model. The sword will be big since its a battle model so resize it all to 3 for example. Then just rotate it to make it look right. You may have noticed you have a sword that is all white so add textures in it by naming the rtae file in the battle folder to rtae.tex and then switch to kimera again then click on the sword then click show texture options and add texture and choose rtae.tex. Add it three times to make the texture show. Then your done. Save it as aaaa.hrc.
PS:Kimera is easy enough to use. Why would you want another editor?? And kimera is the only program that could edit these files.