Author Topic: Fallout New Vegas?  (Read 10639 times)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
Fallout New Vegas?
« on: 2010-11-07 03:23:24 »
i'm thinking of getting this sinse i am a big fan of Fallout 3, but i wanna be sure its worth it (AKA i'm not just getting a rehashed Fallout 3, i mean i know the battle system and such is almost the same but is it good :P). i would just look up a review but i have read so many bloody biased reviews i don't really trust em anymore, but i know i can trust most, if not all, of you. so if anyone has gotten it.

Is it worth Getting?

Is the Storyline and good?

is the "gambling" thing mandatory at any point? i hate playing stuff like that in a game.

also if anyone cares, Fable 3 is pretty decent, don't go out of your way and go nuts to get it but pick it up if you got the cash, its basically Fable 2 done better.

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout New Vegas?
« Reply #1 on: 2010-11-07 04:20:05 »
Well, at it's core, its just a $50 expansion to fallout 3. They took the same engine and looks, and made a new adventure with them. But, it's got a lot more stuff to offer than 3, and has plenty of issues fixed, such as there being no bobbleheads. The game is balanced much more, so you can actually have a challenge at any point in the game. Though, there are plenty of bugs, but they're getting fixed.

No, gambling is not mandatory. The story is pretty good, there are four paths to choose from, Evil (Ceasar), Neutral (NCR, from what i can tell), Good (House) and whatever the hell you want (Independent). I haven't finished it yet, but from what I can tell, all four paths with eventually take you to the same ending (somewhat), but the outcome may differ depending on what you chose. I would suggest getting it. There is plenty of open space in New Vegas that may be filled in at a later date with expansions.

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-11-07 22:32:19 »
I have yet to get it from what I can tell it looks pretty damn good, I'm playing through the first 2 games right now then 3 just to see similarities, whats changed since then for myself instead of seeing it on some Wikipedia for Fallout or something. From what I can tell from Mirenhearts post, I want it even freakin more, I'm gonna try to get the PC version for PC Version-Reasons *COUGH* mods *COUGH* and PS3 just cause PS3 rocks my socks.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-11-07 23:10:03 »
Nowhere near as broken as Fallout 3 was, has more than 5 voice actors and fit in with the lore of the first two games much more by having old friends show up and name dropping old places.

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-11-07 23:50:35 »
I'm sad that they put Herold all the way on the east coast. He was one of my favorite characters in the series. He had the best tree jokes.
But, seeing Marcus made me nearly derp my pants. Too bad you can't get him as a followers though, that would've been awesome. I don't know if they have talking deathclaws or not, or if they'll even put them in the game. Personally, even though the original producers said they were all gone, I hope they do appear.

And I so highly recommend the PC version, because of how amazing the modders can get with stuff.

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-11-08 01:05:56 »
Yea I have FO3 for PC, just I'm still using On-board video haven't been really upgrading my computer, so it'll open, it just crashes afterwards since my Video Card isn't the best, havea  bunch of mods for New Vegas and FO3 tho :D

I love how modders for any game are pretty damn creative...

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-11-08 05:26:59 »
I have a weapon mod that adds a metric assload of 19th and 20th century guns that can be used by the various factions as well as being buyable from vendors.

TYPE 3 body mod stops the women looking like they've got men's bodies too.

Yes that is Jill's BSAA outfit from Resident Evil 5.

Since I'm a Scotsman, can't not have my In Bru.

My own work on that one.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #7 on: 2010-11-08 17:26:09 »
i'd have to get for 360, my laptop can not in any way run new vegas, nor fallout 3, but i am so AMPED to get it now.

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-11-09 11:01:42 »
i just started playing GOTY edition on ps3. after leaving the vault i was a bit overwhelmed by the size of the world, unsure where to proceed.

ps3 has the advantage of being hackable so mods are now possible, too (theoretically). i'll settle for the vanilla version for now ;)

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-11-09 17:22:57 »
Well all PS3 is, is really a comp with just a different OS....so eventually somebody out there will find a way to hack PS3 games etc. Maybe like, rip games to the Harddrive (Gonna need one freakin huge Drive tho...) to make mods work most likely tho, unless they work like Add-Ons on the PSN store, Download and install etc...ANYWAY...

Nice Mod there Tekkie :D I wish FO3 worked on my PC so freakin bad -_- Hopefully gonna get a video card + Power supply for around Christmas or the New Year...

I found it a little cheaper just to download the add-ons off the PSN store instead of getting GOTY editon, not by much but a little..

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #10 on: 2010-11-10 02:49:36 »
for the record, i already have fallout 3 (have had it for ages), i was just hoping to be told weither if fallout new vegas is just as good

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-11-10 04:34:59 »
for the record, i already have fallout 3 (have had it for ages), i was just hoping to be told weither if fallout new vegas is just as good

If you liked Fallout 3, you'll like New vegas even more. The world is somewhat smaller, but it's made up for. So go and buy the damn thing already. :D

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #12 on: 2010-11-10 18:51:11 »

If you liked Fallout 3, you'll like New vegas even more. The world is somewhat smaller, but it's made up for. So go and buy the damn thing already. :D

i shall!.... as soon as i'm not broke anymore :P

Cloudef

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-11-11 00:40:25 »
For me, who found Fallout 3 boring as hell, new vegas has been great and fun experience. Theres a lot more content and the whole world also feels less empty and plain.  Well anyways, it's not boring. I still kinda like original fallouts more tho <_<

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-11-11 04:15:59 »
Nothing beats the original Fallout's.

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-11-12 19:49:41 »
I agree with Mirenheart they are extremely fun. I was thinking of looking for a multiplayer component of some sort...?

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-11-12 20:24:31 »
Fallout: Tactics has multiplayer stuff (but tactics sucks, even if it were its own game).
and Interplay is working on a fallout mmo (while battling a lawsuit) named Project V13

Edit: Here's the link for Beta registration. You'll get an email from them every month. http://www.fallout-on-line.com/
« Last Edit: 2010-11-12 20:28:40 by Mirenheart »

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #17 on: 2010-11-12 22:40:53 »
to update, a buddy of mine made me a deal for his version of the game for 40 bucks (he doesn't like the way it ends). i tried explaining it'll get a dlc similar to broken steel but i fell on deaf ears.