Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Battle editor - Proud Clod (1.5.0/FINAL)  (Read 365609 times)

Auraplatonic

• View Profile
Official Proud Clod 1.0 Topic
« Reply #325 on: 2010-03-02 06:26:09 »
KERNEL.BIN attacks trump the attacks in the scenes. If you try to get an enemy to perform an attack with an index less than 256 then it will look at the attacks stored in the KERNEL.BIN for data and ignore the data in the scene.

Ah, I see :)

I think I figured it out, its just a matter of finding a correct animation?  Basically I changed the attack index back to its original value, and I edited the animation ID.  The only problem is I have no idea what ID would be for Ifrit.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #326 on: 2010-03-02 10:22:10 »
Use Wallmarket to tell you the IDs of each player-usable attacks.

Just remember that WM lists these IDs in decimal format, and must be converted into hex for Proud Clod.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #327 on: 2010-03-25 19:30:58 »
New Version, Check it out!

Tonfa

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2010-03-27 03:41:24 »
New version, new bugs~

Changes to Animations and Formations tab cannot be saved at all in the new version.

Do love the string insertion, though.

Tonfa

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2010-03-28 00:48:00 »
I am terribly sorry for doubleposting, I searched for the modify button for a while but can't find it.

Is it within Proud Clod's capabilities to assign the designated berserk attack of the monster? This would be immensely useful in editing.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #330 on: 2010-03-28 05:40:19 »
New version, new bugs~

Changes to Animations and Formations tab cannot be saved at all in the new version.

Do love the string insertion, though.

Darn it! I thought I had tested that. I can have it fixed in a day or two.

I am terribly sorry for doubleposting, I searched for the modify button for a while but can't find it.

Is it within Proud Clod's capabilities to assign the designated berserk attack of the monster? This would be immensely useful in editing.

Modify got taken away for a while. S'all good. :)

I don't know where the berserk attack is assigned. I don't believe that information is known (I haven't looked into it myself). If someone can make a list of berserk attacks to applicable enemies it'd be great. I believe confusion is similar, but any attack available to the enemy is viable.

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2010-03-28 10:26:28 »
The first attack on the manipulate list is the attack that they use when berserked, and I just made a mono drive constantly use fire when berserked, so I am assuming that any attack can be used :-P. I haven't tested out confuse, but i will do that now and get back here, though I assume that it uses the same attack.

EDIT: confuse also made it cast fire, and it managed to burn itself to death :-D. So basically the first manipulate slot is also used for confuse/berserk, and any attack should work when placed in it.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-28 10:34:32 by secondadvent »

Caliman

« Reply #332 on: 2010-03-28 10:52:39 »
Cheers for all the great mods :)  Really making a big difference to this game.  I will have to credit you on the main credit list for translations, as without people like you no one would be editing anything.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #333 on: 2010-03-29 14:38:39 »

This should be fixed. It seems I forgot to flag these changes as "save-worthy" when it came time to re-compress the scene so they never got written into the scene files. :D
Fix'd and re-up'd.

Next big update will see a performance enhancement to AI editing. I'll start on it later this month.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #334 on: 2010-04-01 22:13:01 »
I don't think this is a bug (bug, as in "screw-up-your-file" bug), but it has annoyed me a bit. If you save when the attack list got focus, you get an unhanded exception. It looks like an out of range exception, since PC is trying to access index -1 in some array (the selected listbox index?).

I'm sorry if this have been addressed; I'm kinda lazy right now. :P 

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #335 on: 2010-04-02 01:56:45 »
I don't think this is a bug (bug, as in "screw-up-your-file" bug), but it has annoyed me a bit. If you save when the attack list got focus, you get an unhanded exception. It looks like an out of range exception, since PC is trying to access index -1 in some array (the selected listbox index?).

....Umm, it doesn't to that to me. If you can duplicate it be sure to take note of all the steps you take to get that error.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #336 on: 2010-04-03 16:14:53 »

....Umm, it doesn't to that to me. If you can duplicate it be sure to take note of all the steps you take to get that error.

It happens every time the attack list got focus. If the list has focus (click it or tab it etch.) and I go file -> Create SCENE.BIN, an unhandled exception occurs.

Details (some norwegian):
Code: [Select]
Se slutten av denne meldingen for detaljert informasjon om aktivering av
JIT-feilsøking (Just In Time) i stedet for denne dialogboksen.

************** Unntakstekst **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Verdi -1 er en ugyldig for index.
Parameternavn: index
   ved Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
   ved Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.CallMethod(Container BaseReference, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags InvocationFlags, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure)
   ved Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.InternalLateIndexGet(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure)
   ved Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   ved ProudClod.Form1.AttackList_DrawItem(Object sender, DrawItemEventArgs e)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.DrawItemEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DrawItemEventArgs e)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnDrawItem(DrawItemEventArgs e)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectDrawItem(Message& m)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Innlastede samlinger **************
mscorlib
    Samlingsversjon: 2.0.0.0
    Win32-versjon: 2.0.50727.4200 (NetFxQFE.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ProudClod
    Samlingsversjon: 1.4.0.0
    Win32-versjon: 1.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/SPILL/FF7/ProudClod140/ProudClod.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Samlingsversjon: 8.0.0.0
    Win32-versjon: 8.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32-versjon: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_no_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
mscorlib.resources
    Win32-versjon: 2.0.50727.4200 (NetFxQFE.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

************** JIT-feilsøking **************
Når du skal aktivere JIT-feilsøking (Just In Time), må .config-filen for dette
programmet eller datamaskinen (machine.config) ha
jitDebugging-verdien angitt i delen system.windows.forms.
Programmet må også kompileres med feilsøking
aktivert.

For eksempel:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Når JIT-feilsøking er aktivert, blir alle ubehandlede unntak
sendt til JIT-feilsøkingen som er registrert på datamaskinen,
i stedet for å bli behandlet av denne dialogboksen.
As you see, it's a System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException. It also happens on a normal scene, so it doesn't look like it got something to do with my edited one.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #337 on: 2010-04-03 22:42:06 »
Code: [Select]
Se slutten av denne meldingen for detaljert informasjon om aktivering av
JIT-feilsøking (Just In Time) i stedet for denne dialogboksen.

************** Unntakstekst **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Verdi -1 er en ugyldig for index.
Parameternavn: index
   ved Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
   ved Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.CallMethod(Container BaseReference, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags InvocationFlags, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure)
   ved Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.InternalLateIndexGet(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure)
   ved Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   ved ProudClod.Form1.AttackList_DrawItem(Object sender, DrawItemEventArgs e)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.DrawItemEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DrawItemEventArgs e)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnDrawItem(DrawItemEventArgs e)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectDrawItem(Message& m)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   ved System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
As you see, it's a System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException. It also happens on a normal scene, so it doesn't look like it got something to do with my edited one.

Honestly, it's not happening to me. I see how it can happen and I've updated the code so it shouldn't do that. I'm not ready to update that change so for now...just don't have the attack list focused when you save. ;)

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2010-05-16 14:38:12 »
Since it seems you don't mind about my requests, NFITC1...  :-P

I noticed that Proud Clod can copy/paste attack datas, and this is truly magnificent. So, actually, my problem doesn't have much to do with Proud Clod, but with Hojo since this feature would rock in it. Let's take the Grunt enemy, for example. You edit its stats, dropped items, gils, exp, ap, elemental affinities, etc - but then you need to type all this stuff again for all instances of this enemy, in scenes 8,63,64,65,78,79,80 and 81. A pain ? Why, yes indeed.

I'm aware that this has nothing to do with Proud Clod at all, since it's Hojo I'm talking about, but now that Proud Clod and Hojo can edit the same Scene.bin at the same time (which is awesome :D), would it be possible to add a function into Proud Clod to copy all stats of an enemy (the ones Hojo can edit), and another one to paste them into all occurences of this enemy, throughout the many scenes ?

What I'm thinking about, in my Grunt example, would be a "copy stats" button, just above the enemy names in the AI tab, and a "paste stats" button next to it. So, once I'm satisfied with my new Grunt's stats in scene 78, I can go into Proud Clod, load the scene78, click on "Edit AI", select Grunt, click on "Copy stats", load scene 79, click on "Edit AI", select Grunt, click on "Paste stats" and voila ! Grunt in scene79 now has the same strength, drops, elemental affinities, etc - as Grunt in scene78.

Or another simpler option would be a button to copy the monster's stats into all occurences of this monster, in all scenes...

I'd ask Squall, but sadly, he's nowhere to be found. So, even though Proud Clod shouldn't have to deal with enemy stats, I guess it doesn't hurt to ask :)
« Last Edit: 2010-05-16 15:32:55 by Armorvil »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #339 on: 2010-05-16 15:40:50 »
NFITC1 has always been reluctant to muscle in on Squall's work, after rendering Teioh obsolete some time ago.

Still, an 'enemy manager' would be quite nice. If I had more time, I'd even consider writing one of my own - application makes semi-automated changes across SCENEs on the basis of which monsters are duplicated across scenes (could rely on a config file for those adding new encounters, rather than hard-coding the data). For instance, not only copying stats, but also creating stat growth across encounters (e.g. a monster's stats increase by a set amount as scenes progress). The thing is, I can't see much demand for it, and doing it manually is a bit of a pain, but hardly insurmountable.

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2010-05-16 16:05:06 »
Yeah, I think I'll stop crying and just get to work ;)
...Still, your idea of stat growth from one scene to another is very interesting, Bosola :)
I wish I knew how to write utilities like you guys ^^

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #341 on: 2010-05-16 18:25:43 »
Learn Python. It IS executable pseudocode. Well, almost.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #342 on: 2010-05-17 03:36:11 »
NFITC1 has always been reluctant to muscle in on Squall's work, after rendering Teioh obsolete some time ago.

Still, an 'enemy manager' would be quite nice. If I had more time, I'd even consider writing one of my own - application makes semi-automated changes across SCENEs on the basis of which monsters are duplicated across scenes (could rely on a config file for those adding new encounters, rather than hard-coding the data). For instance, not only copying stats, but also creating stat growth across encounters (e.g. a monster's stats increase by a set amount as scenes progress). The thing is, I can't see much demand for it, and doing it manually is a bit of a pain, but hardly insurmountable.

You are correct, Bosola, that I don't want to make Squall cry (especially now that Loveless is being obsoleted with Makou Reactor), but Armorvil's suggestion has merit. It's not difficult at all to create a "copy/paste enemy" feature. I'm most worried about formations. Copying/replacing formation data would get chaotic. I don't want someone to copy an enemy index and not change the formation datas. I should probably make a check for this when changing scenes. Making sure that the user knows that there are formations in the scene that don't contain enemies from that scene.

Overall, though. I'm still giving thought to obsoleting Hojo. Sad as it is, I already ousted Scenester, SceneEdit, and now with the new in-development version of PrC Scene Reader. That removes Lord Ramza and M4v3R from having any tools of significance to their names (M4v3R still has Omega to his name and I'm unlikely to touch that since Tiny Bronco isn't coming along AT ALL :( ). Add to the fact that Squall78 has been absent from these forums for some time I don't think he'd mind.

I'm just considering it. No definite plans yet. I'll look into the copy/paste enemies though.

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2010-05-17 08:53:01 »
Yeah, I don't think Squall would mind. And it would be great if Proud Clod and Hojo could be combined, somehow. But for now, if you could pull off the copying/pasting of enemies' stats, it would make the modders' work (mine included) a lot easier, that's for sure :) (even though I plan for some enemies to have different stats in different scenes)

By the way, if it's only stats you allow to copy/paste, then I don't think the formations would be a problem.
« Last Edit: 2010-05-17 08:55:28 by Armorvil »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #344 on: 2010-05-17 13:09:22 »
I just took a look at Hojo and something about it confuses me. What's x2 damage to sleep do? Why does only Palmer (who is immune to sleep) have it? What effect does it have on him? I'd assume that it, along with Confusion x2 that some enemies have, means the enemy is either twice as likely to be hit by an attack that causes it, or twice as likely to be inflicted by that status.

Any thoughts?

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #345 on: 2010-05-17 18:21:32 »
I believe it to be a dummied-out element, much like the weapon elements (except that the latter are still ocassionally invoked)

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2010-05-17 18:43:32 »
I just tested it, and it's as Bosola said : it's a valid element. I made Sleepel deal damage, and hit a random enemy with it : 150+ damage. Then, I quit the game, made this same enemy weak against sleep, and tried Sleepel again : 300+ damage. This is interesting. I wonder if all status effects can be turned to elements ?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #347 on: 2010-05-17 19:53:59 »
I just tested it, and it's as Bosola said : it's a valid element. I made Sleepel deal damage, and hit a random enemy with it : 150+ damage. Then, I quit the game, made this same enemy weak against sleep, and tried Sleepel again : 300+ damage. This is interesting. I wonder if all status effects can be turned to elements ?

This is kind of strange. It seems that an attack that will cause 'X' status or element does 'Y' damage. I guess that's how the "Death = Full cure" effect on the Dragon Zombie happens.
If this is correct then there could be a lot of potential for status attacks on bosses without having to code those effects in the AI.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2010-05-19 23:19:20 »
When I try to change Safer Sephiroth's Deen move from Din to Dean and click save I get

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '-1' is not valid for 'index'.
Parameter name: index
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.CallMethod(Container BaseReference, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags InvocationFlags, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.InternalLateIndexGet(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   at ProudClod.Form1.AttackList_DrawItem(Object sender, DrawItemEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DrawItemEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DrawItemEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnDrawItem(DrawItemEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectDrawItem(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #349 on: 2010-05-20 13:17:52 »
When I try to change Safer Sephiroth's Deen move from Din to Dean and click save I get

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '-1' is not valid for 'index'.
Parameter name: index
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.CallMethod(Container BaseReference, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags InvocationFlags, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.InternalLateIndexGet(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   at ProudClod.Form1.AttackList_DrawItem(Object sender, DrawItemEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DrawItemEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DrawItemEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnDrawItem(DrawItemEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectDrawItem(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

See this post. It's still not happening to me. I've added a check that should stop that from happening so it'll be fixed in the next version. It could also be because my Vista doesn't want to acknowledge the drawitem override. I dunno.