Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Battle editor - Proud Clod (1.5.0/FINAL)  (Read 365617 times)

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: ProudClod refuses to save AI script
« Reply #375 on: 2010-09-22 17:58:54 »
this belongs in the proud clod thread then

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Official Proud Clod 1.4.0!
« Reply #376 on: 2010-09-22 19:43:33 »
Please see my post further up this page. I detail the bug. Hope that helps.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #377 on: 2010-09-23 09:21:28 »
Yeah, solved the problem
>copy paste AI
>change any value
>change value back
>save

works like a charm, thanks

cloud171190

• View Profile
Re: Proud Clod editor will not work
« Reply #378 on: 2010-09-23 10:38:49 »
ok this problem is too ok i have installed the framework 2.0 and 3.0 thx for helping and this threat can be closed

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #379 on: 2010-09-23 11:39:17 »
Yeah, solved the problem
>copy paste AI
>change any value
>change value back
>save

works like a charm, thanks

OK. That's why I was confused. It doesn't do that in the yet-to-be-released version, but I guess that problem still exists in the one available. I'm almost done with this next version, I just need to make sure some changes are saving and fix the way the disassembly looks.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #380 on: 2010-09-23 15:05:19 »
I believe the top post in the PC thread does mention that .NET 3.5 and VB powerpacks are needed. It's always a good idea to double-check these posts if a program plain won't run.

A caveat, though, is that PC and WM supposedly work just fine with .NET 2.0 if they're run through WINE (a tool which helps Linux users run Windows programs).

cloud171190

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2010-09-23 16:00:15 »
sry when i have a new question becuse the WallMarket have a problem too when i go to initial Data then comes this Error Message

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue,the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

and another sentence.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #382 on: 2010-09-23 16:09:29 »
sry when i have a new question becuse the WallMarket have a problem too when i go to initial Data then comes this Error Message

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue,the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

and another sentence.

Sounds to me like you didn't install the VB Powerpacks that Bosola mentioned. They're also in the first post of the WallMarket topic.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #383 on: 2010-09-23 17:37:36 »
Jesus. MAKOing. Christ. No offence to Cloud9001 or whatever, but why do I even bother?
« Last Edit: 2010-09-23 17:44:49 by Bosola »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2010-09-23 23:52:35 »
Jesus. MAKOing. Christ. No offence to Cloud9001 or whatever, but why do I even bother?

For the benefit of all humanity?

RPGWiZaRD

« Reply #385 on: 2010-10-27 17:41:59 »
I've noticed that editing Attack Strength for an enemy attack only works for a physical attack or a magical attack that AREN'T included in the "Attack" page in your Wallmarket tool (ie. all materia spells and enemy skills), those won't be affected by editing Attack Strength in this tool. Is it supposed to be like that? IE. is that a limitation of how the game itself was coded or a bug in this tool.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-27 17:43:55 by RPGWiZaRD »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #386 on: 2010-10-27 22:03:07 »
I've noticed that editing Attack Strength for an enemy attack only works for a physical attack or a magical attack that AREN'T included in the "Attack" page in your Wallmarket tool (ie. all materia spells and enemy skills), those won't be affected by editing Attack Strength in this tool. Is it supposed to be like that? IE. is that a limitation of how the game itself was coded or a bug in this tool.

Read the readme. It explains this.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #387 on: 2010-10-28 17:07:49 »
That's why it's called a read me. Because you should read it.

What are you doing?

Go read it.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #388 on: 2010-12-12 23:57:39 »
1.4's one of the most extensive releases yet. I do have a couple of bug reports, though

* I still see the 'not saving pasted AI' bug when I'm not working with the Main script
* When I right click on an attack in a scene, the selection jumps up a place, or three if I'm right-clicking the last named attack of a scene.

That said, I do appreciate how 'check attacks' now investigates the 'authorized attack' data. That's quite nice.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #389 on: 2010-12-19 20:05:24 »
Just an observation for fellow SCENE modders that couldn't go anywhere else: you can find out how much space you have in your SCENE by using HXD's analysis tool. The empty spaces between scene blocks are all in FFs, so take a look at the proportion of FFs in the file to glean an idea about how much space you have.

Of course, there's slightly more to it than that - if I have a scene too large to fit into *any* unused portion of a block, it'll trickle downwards and create a whole new block, probably leaving a large chunk of FFs in the old scene. Still, it's nice to have a rough idea how much space you can play with.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-13 22:29:08 by Bosola »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
Replacing Scenes
« Reply #390 on: 2011-02-13 20:00:29 »
A few years ago I was experimenting with LGP Tools and Scenester and switched around Scenes.  For example, replacing The Super Sweeper scene from outside Midgar with the Guard Scorpion scene - now random battles around Midgar include Guard Scorps and the Boss battle is against some Super Sweepers.

Can Proud Clod do this type of thing?  I have and have used PC, but not extensively and don't touch many features opting to use Hojo instead; So far I haven't found any way to use PC to do this.  With LGP/UnLGP and PC around I thought the programs above would be useless at this point.

EDIT:  Well I'm dumb, the PSX files don't include LGP files so I can't do what I was thinking unless Proud Clod can do this.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-13 20:06:42 by xLostWingx »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #391 on: 2011-02-13 22:29:57 »
You would do this by using WALLMARKET to play with the KERNEL.BIN's scene lookup table.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #392 on: 2011-02-13 23:47:05 »
You would do this by using WALLMARKET to play with the KERNEL.BIN's scene lookup table.

No. That wouldn't work. That would just offset some battles by given amounts. You would need to extract the entire scene and replace it with another one. PrC CAN do that, but I think that's an upcoming feature.

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
Yup, I'm happy I finally found a way to easily cause the bug, without having to mod dozens of enemies.
Follow these simple steps to experience the problem :

1- open a clean scene.bin with Proud Clod

2- head into scene218, and look at Master Tonberry's assigned animations. They should be unaltered and look like this :

Everyone's Grudge = 03
Knife = 04
Move = 05
Move Right = 06
Move Left = 07

3- Close Proud Clod, launch it again, and open the same scene.bin again.

4-  head now into scene222, and "Animations/Formations".

5- go to the second tab (Master Tonberry), and notice how the (!) appears in the main window, as if you changed something. Close the "Animations/Formations" window.

6- head back into scene218, and "Animations/Formations". You should be back to the tab of Master Tonberry. But look at its animations :

Everyone's Grudge = 03
Knife = 04
Move = 05
Move Right = 06
Move Left = 06

Congrats ! You didn't change anything, but if you don't fix this, Master Tonberry will now only move forward or right in battle. It could be worse though - sometimes the new animation Proud Clod automatically assigns is 'FF' or an animation a 3D model doesn't have. So, if you don't notice the error and save your changes, the game crashes when the enemy tries to perform the related move. And it's just an example, because this problem occurs throughout the scenes.

NFITC1, can you fix this ? This makes modding the game a nightmare. To iron out these wrong animations, I tried to open a clean scene.bin with PrC so I can compare the enemies' animations with the ones of my scene.bin, but eventually, the same bug corrupts the original scene.bin too. For instance, I'm not even sure if Custom Sweeper's animations should be :

03-w machine gun / 05-smoke shot / 06- matra magic, or
03-w machine gun / 04-smoke shot / 04- matra magic (after in-battle testing, this one is correct)

Or is there a dump of the originally assigned animations, somewhere ? It sure would help a lot.

I hope it can be fixed, because I can't live without Proud Clod. That's how great this tool is ^^

Moved to thread Official Proud Clod 1.4.0! - Bosola

EDIT:

Oops sorry about that ; guess I made the mistake of letting the more-than-30-days warning put me off.

EDIT2:

I just noticed that this bug doesn't occur with PrC v1.2 :D
« Last Edit: 2011-05-01 17:33:24 by Armorvil »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2011-05-01 23:55:40 »
EDIT2:

I just noticed that this bug doesn't occur with PrC v1.2 :D

Maybe doing a "breakdown" or something similar to that would do the trick? Anyway. Was I right, AV? I told you that older version might work, and so it does :D

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #395 on: 2011-05-02 12:21:20 »
Previous versions are not backed up so I can't go back and check these things. I'll take a look at what's going on, but I might have fixed this already. I've had a pending version for a while, but the AI disassembly is all busted and I don't know how to get it to look the way I want it to look. I'll keep playing with it though.

Basically, I think most of what you're talking about is fixed. The (!) always shows up when you do the Animations/Formations window because of the way it works. I might have changed that, I'm not sure. The design of the new version is a bit different.

Tell you what, I'll release an alpha version of 1.5.0 today as long as you don't complain about the way things are disassenbled, agreed?

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2011-05-02 13:49:51 »
Previous versions are not backed up so I can't go back and check these things.

I can provide a link to 1.2.2 if you wish.

(...) as long as you don't complain about the way things are disassenbled, agreed?

*starts complaining*

Just kidding, this sounds perfect :)
« Last Edit: 2011-05-02 13:52:36 by Armorvil »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #397 on: 2011-05-02 14:59:21 »
I can provide a link to 1.2.2 if you wish.

No, I've got all the binaries, I just don't have any of the sources. Either way, this version has fixed that issue by handling the "changed" flag differently. It won't create the "(!)" by changing tabs the way it did.

*starts complaining*

Just kidding, this sounds perfect :)

Done. Check the first post. 1.5.0.alpha is out.

Armorvil

• View Profile
Re: Official Proud Clod 1.5.0.α!
« Reply #398 on: 2011-05-02 20:15:32 »
I'm in awe, sir. This is magnificent  :D

Oh yeah, in the first post, you forgot a word :

Paste won't show up if you have an enemy copied

I think it should say "paste won't show up if you don't have an enemy copied" ;)

About PrC itself, the fact that it makes Hojo obsolete is awesome. I also love the dump feature, to create .txt files of your changes. And the bug I mentioned earlier is indeed fixed :)
I also love the fact that you can safely edit the 6th enemy in the formation editor now, without having an error message (trying to change a flag still results in a "System.OverflowException" though, but maybe you can't do a thing about those).

I also don't know what you meant by disassembling not properly working, since it does. And it does in a language even I can understand ! :D (almost the same language Terence used in his FAQ). Awesome. I see you also fixed the fact that a blank line was created after editing a byte in the AI and pressing an arrow key - but an error message still displays when, after changing a value, I just click in another cell.

Oh yeah, I also noticed that if I make a move that makes one of these error messages pop up then press Cancel, the data I entered (and that led to the error message popping up) will still be there when I return. Here is an example, if this isn't clear enough (skip the next paragraph if you understood) :

- Let's say I go into Zemzelett's formation editor, and I change the battle flag to something like FEFFFFFF. This doesn't work and it displays an error message. I click "continue" on the pop up, then choose "Cancel" in the formation editor window. In the previous versions of PrC, canceling a window when such a problem arose allowed everything in said window to return to normal. But now, if, after canceling, you head back into the formation editor, you'll notice your mistake will still be there. It might be a problem if, for example, you made multiple changes before messing up. You'd have no way to save your changes, unless you also saved this mistake (or you'd have to shut PrC down and re-enter all your changes). I learned to save often though, so it shouldn't be that big a deal.

What else... ...oh yeah, I see you kept out Hojo's Sleep, Death & Confusion elementals. I don't care much about them, so yeah, why not... ...WOW, you can now edit the Back Damage ! This is great :) AirBuster has a Back Damage of 40, whereas the other enemies have one of 16, huh. This explains everything.

...Mmm... ? You left out the "Manipulable" bit ? I don't understand why. Sure, you can edit the manipulate attacks in the Animations/Formations editor, but if you can't turn on and off their immunity to Manip, changing those is useless (apart from the first manipulate attack also being the Berserk attack).

I think that's all for now. All in all, a definitely great improvement. My hat goes off to you, and I thank you for sharing your hard work  :D

EDIT:

Ah yes, one last thing I'm thinking about. Is there a way to make PrC and WM communicate somehow, so the item names from Kernel.bin are loaded, instead of the originals ?
Or have PrC read a .dat or .xls file to display the item names ?... ...I tried to open ProudClod.dat as a text file to see if I'd find the item names in there (so I can change them to my mod's), but they're not.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-02 20:53:25 by Armorvil »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Official Proud Clod 1.5.0.α!
« Reply #399 on: 2011-05-02 21:58:32 »
trying to change a flag still results in a "System.OverflowException" though, but maybe you can't do a thing about those
I CAN do something about that, can you elaborate?

I also don't know what you meant by disassembling not properly working, since it does. And it does in a language even I can understand ! :D (almost the same language Terence used in his FAQ). Awesome. I see you also fixed the fact that a blank line was created after editing a byte in the AI and pressing an arrow key - but an error message still displays when, after changing a value, I just click in another cell.
I'll look into that clicking another cell = error thing, but I'm using Eligor's Main script as "properly working". That's probably a high bar, but can tell you that some assembler optimizations won't be read properly.

Oh yeah, I also noticed that if I make a move that makes one of these error messages pop up then press Cancel, the data I entered (and that led to the error message popping up) will still be there when I return. Here is an example, if this isn't clear enough (skip the next paragraph if you understood) :

- Let's say I go into Zemzelett's formation editor, and I change the battle flag to something like FEFFFFFF. This doesn't work and it displays an error message. I click "continue" on the pop up, then choose "Cancel" in the formation editor window. In the previous versions of PrC, canceling a window when such a problem arose allowed everything in said window to return to normal. But now, if, after canceling, you head back into the formation editor, you'll notice your mistake will still be there. It might be a problem if, for example, you made multiple changes before messing up. You'd have no way to save your changes, unless you also saved this mistake (or you'd have to shut PrC down and re-enter all your changes). I learned to save often though, so it shouldn't be that big a deal.
That'll be different per-error. Some will save before hand, some will not.

What else... ...oh yeah, I see you kept out Hojo's Sleep, Death & Confusion elementals. I don't care much about them, so yeah, why not...
Well, technically they should probably be in there. I think there might be an enemy or two that are affected that way. Maybe not though. Still, it'd be nice to see an enemy getting damaged if it's hasted or something.

...Mmm... ? You left out the "Manipulable" bit ? I don't understand why. Sure, you can edit the manipulate attacks in the Animations/Formations editor, but if you can't turn on and off their immunity to Manip, changing those is useless (apart from the first manipulate attack also being the Berserk attack).
The "Manipulate bit" is immunity to the Manipulate status. Hojo isolated that and left out the status bit PrC marks as "Dual". If you want an enemy to be manipulate-able then make sure the "Manip" status is allowed on the Enemy Stats window.

Ah yes, one last thing I'm thinking about. Is there a way to make PrC and WM communicate somehow, so the item names from Kernel.bin are loaded, instead of the originals ?
Or have PrC read a .dat or .xls file to display the item names ?... ...I tried to open ProudClod.dat as a text file to see if I'd find the item names in there (so I can change them to my mod's), but they're not.
I had thought about this. I think I probably should. The item names in the enemy stats and things were leftover place-holders. There should definitely be an "import item names" option somewhere, shouldn't there? It'd be best to read the KERNEL.BIN/kernel2.bin for this rather than a xml-based file.