Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Battle editor - Proud Clod (1.5.0/FINAL)  (Read 365613 times)

ff7rules

• View Profile
Official Proud Clod 1.0 Topic
« Reply #275 on: 2009-11-17 21:29:46 »
hey NFITC1 any word on when the clipboard copy and paste thing will be implemented? It would open the door to share more templates and scripts. This Programs come such a long way, I love it :)

Maybe tomorrow. I'd like to try to do one more thing with it. I've already got a special new feature mostly working and I've fixed a few editing bugs that it doesn't seem like anyone has (fortunately) run across yet.

Sweet man looking forward to it. I tested your template and it doesn't work im going to look at it now to double check i did it right but the enemy just doesn't move

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #276 on: 2009-11-18 21:47:58 »
I tested your template and it doesn't work im going to look at it now to double check i did it right but the enemy just doesn't move

Did you change the attack indexes to ones allowed by the enemy? Do they have animations set for those attacks? If you copied it byte-for-byte then it'll likely not work since no enemy has 16 attacks they can perform. Well, they COULD perform 16 if you set them to...

PrC 1.3.2 is out!...but only on Mediafire. Filefront is having issues. When I get it on Filefront I'll edit the first post again with changed features.

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2009-11-19 16:24:48 »
I tested your template and it doesn't work im going to look at it now to double check i did it right but the enemy just doesn't move

Did you change the attack indexes to ones allowed by the enemy? Do they have animations set for those attacks? If you copied it byte-for-byte then it'll likely not work since no enemy has 16 attacks they can perform. Well, they COULD perform 16 if you set them to...

PrC 1.3.2 is out!...but only on Mediafire. Filefront is having issues. When I get it on Filefront I'll edit the first post again with changed features.

Sweet man thanks!! can't wait to try the copy and paste funcation out! and i typed yours wrong so ill try copy and pasting it now.

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2009-11-23 12:17:28 »
I know I'm double posting here but i think theres something you should know.

Earlier today I tried out PRC with a PC scene.bin edited using PRC and it crashes at nearly every random battle :S is this something I'm doing wrong or is this a problem?
The weird thing is tried it in PSX version, works like a charm. So maybe theres a problem with it this is using BOTH the driver and not the driver but a clean scene.bin runs great, might be a problem I'm not sure?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #279 on: 2009-11-23 14:15:24 »
If your modifications work on the PSX version then it's not a problem with the scene.bin.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #280 on: 2009-11-23 14:55:02 »
No better place for this, really - did some work on enemy AI and adding spells, just for fun. Results are here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8aGVEZaVbI

I didn't actually have the enemy 'summon' KOTR, rather, just created a placeholder spell with the animation. I'm not really sure about 'summoning' via enemy AI. I'll have to give it a proper try out some time. I suspect I'd continue using

60 24
60 [attack index]

rather than

60 03
60 [attack index]

But I'll have to put it into practice to be sure.

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2009-11-25 11:22:47 »
Wow that was some video! Hope you don't mind me asking but what attack index's did you use? whenever i use to rey the summons it just did the normal attack or i got a data error. I tried 0044 which doesn't work im not really sure how to do limit breaks and summons as enemy attacks?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #282 on: 2009-11-25 14:01:21 »
Wow that was some video! Hope you don't mind me asking but what attack index's did you use? whenever i use to rey the summons it just did the normal attack or i got a data error. I tried 0044 which doesn't work im not really sure how to do limit breaks and summons as enemy attacks?

What I found most interesting is that KoR SOMETIMES hit a random target, but sometimes hit both and once it didn't hit anyone! Odd. Is that part of the animation?

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2009-11-26 00:31:02 »

What I found most interesting is that KoR SOMETIMES hit a random target, but sometimes hit both and once it didn't hit anyone! Odd. Is that part of the animation?

Yeah that is werid, how would you do this? I tried replacing trine with hades animation still shows trine?

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #284 on: 2009-11-26 02:48:46 »

In this case, I replaced Shield with a magical attack called 'Knights of the Round'. I set it to 255 strength magic damage, and to 13 hits (as per usual). Then, I just used the absolute animation index for KOTR as found in the WallMarket thread (either the current page or the one before it should have details). The attack looked like this:

The attack indexes in WallMarket aren't hexadecimal. I had a lot of trouble getting AI to refer to spells I'd made until I noticed this. I'm going to experiment with 'true' summoning at some point. KOTR is unusual, though, because in most cases using the summon animation won't involve the eidolon models, yet KOTR is an exception for some reason. What was I talking about again? Oh yeah.

Anyhoo, the enemy looked like this in Proud Clod:

The AI:

It's not actually as spectacular as it may seem. Really, I've cheated a bit here. I'm going to try 'true' summoning tomorrow, and see what can be done. I can't imagine succeeding where others have failed though.

« Last Edit: 2009-11-26 02:54:36 by Bosola »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #285 on: 2009-11-26 02:53:24 »

I don't know. It's really puzzling. If it only ever hit one, that would be understandable. I've found that even if you tweak targeting data in WallMarket, if the 'original' spell didn't support multiple targets, then the damage display and hit animation isn't shown. For instance, if you try and replace say Dragon Force with a custom attack that uses that does damage to multiple opponents, the chosen animation appears and damage is done, but the numbers only appear on one enemy. So you might expect the same to apply with a spell like shield, which, IIRC, is only single-target even with [All] attached to it. But that's not what's happening.

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2009-11-26 04:04:54 »

I don't know. It's really puzzling. If it only ever hit one, that would be understandable. I've found that even if you tweak targeting data in WallMarket, if the 'original' spell didn't support multiple targets, then the damage display and hit animation isn't shown. For instance, if you try and replace say Dragon Force with a custom attack that uses that does damage to multiple opponents, the chosen animation appears and damage is done, but the numbers only appear on one enemy. So you might expect the same to apply with a spell like shield, which, IIRC, is only single-target even with [All] attached to it. But that's not what's happening.

You need to change animation script to see damage =)
It's still calculated though.

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2009-11-26 14:17:34 »
Thanks bosola for posting how you did this! I think i have made a huge breakthrough because of it. I just got Midgar zolom to cast Hades on my party and it worked the model was there and everything his Attack Id was 0044 if you want to try it yourself only problem was Zolom was still visable but thats easily fixed by using sephiroths disapear attack. Now im wondering is there a way to make it so the party doesn't disappear when using summons?

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #288 on: 2009-11-26 16:53:23 »

I'm not quite sure what you mean...

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2009-11-26 17:44:18 »

Could it be that one can change the animation script in order to see the damage from each hit in multiple hit attacks that used to be single hit, but that even if one doesn't, the game still calculates the damage from each hit (and therefore takes off the right amount of HP) even though the damage is not shown?

edited for crappy typing
« Last Edit: 2009-11-26 17:52:02 by Kudistos Megistos »

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2009-11-26 19:09:36 »

Could it be that one can change the animation script in order to see the damage from each hit in multiple hit attacks that used to be single hit, but that even if one doesn't, the game still calculates the damage from each hit (and therefore takes off the right amount of HP) even though the damage is not shown?

edited for crappy typing

Tha game handles attack as follows:
first you or game ai assigh action to do and it added to queue
next when time comes action is executed, damage calculated and stored to unit data (ie unit can be dead by this time and you can't attack it). Togather with this there are few structues is filled.
one is the action data where all info about camera, effect and action script stored
second one is scructure that can display different things (damage is one of them)
this strucures can hold multiple items and some action add 2 or 3 of them and even more.
When action data structure is executed it starts unit action script (or animation script) and start camera script.
In action script there is commands to play animation, play different effects and there are few show damage command. When this command is executed it add new action data to scructure which will start damage action to unit that receive attack and play it animation. Togather with thai it add sounds to play, damage to show, effect to play.

If you didn't play show damage - unit will still be dead, but it won't disapear from field (because this is called in enemy take damage action)

Hope it clears thing.

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2009-11-26 20:47:02 »
Heres a video of zolom using Hades on the party sorry for poor quality!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=astNXF9yKw0

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #292 on: 2009-11-26 21:27:28 »
Just for reference - did you push

24/20
[attack index]

or

[attack index]

before the "perform" opcode (92)? That is, did you have it count as an enemy attack, or the use of a player summon?
« Last Edit: 2009-11-26 21:29:46 by Bosola »

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2009-11-26 21:40:24 »
I pushed 24 im going to try 03 now with neo bahamut.

Edit it works! :) all summons work using this method.
« Last Edit: 2009-11-26 22:13:33 by ff7rules »

« Reply #294 on: 2009-11-29 02:27:55 »
To Author:

japanese equivalent of:  http://wiki.qhimm.com/FF7/FF_Text

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O1YQM8D8 from Glitterberri

This second one is just a tidied table that I have made, it does not include the kanji (which the above link does, so download both)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T5WACS35

Will you add support for japanese scene.bin (possible)? (I can supply scene.bin too if you wish)

?
« Last Edit: 2009-11-29 06:57:46 by JohnBrook »

Xeeynamo

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2009-12-20 13:24:00 »
Hi NFITC1 :).
I've a little problem with 1.3.2 version of your Proud Clod: when I try to edit the AI of Ultima Weapon and I click on "Disassemble" button I get this error:
   ERROR IN CODE LOCATED AT OR BEFORE (0x0D2)
   Unable to continue Decompiling
I think that is a bug of your editor because it gives me the error but the AI of Ultima Weapon works on battle. This bug doesn't affect other monsters.
And a little question... The params of the monster's magic is linked with the params of kernel.bin? For example I've quake2 that require 28MP (kernel.bin) and the monster use this magic that cost 1mp (attack edited on scene.bin). The magic will cost 1mp or 28mp?
(Sorry for bad english)

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #296 on: 2009-12-20 15:12:23 »
Hi NFITC1 :).
I've a little problem with 1.3.2 version of your Proud Clod: when I try to edit the AI of Ultima Weapon and I click on "Disassemble" button I get this error:
   ERROR IN CODE LOCATED AT OR BEFORE (0x0D2)
   Unable to continue Decompiling
I think that is a bug of your editor because it gives me the error but the AI of Ultima Weapon works on battle. This bug doesn't affect other monsters.

You'll have to be much more specific than that. What changes did you make? What's the final script? Which Ultimate Weapon are you trying to change? etc.

And a little question... The params of the monster's magic is linked with the params of kernel.bin? For example I've quake2 that require 28MP (kernel.bin) and the monster use this magic that cost 1mp (attack edited on scene.bin). The magic will cost 1mp or 28mp?
(Sorry for bad english)

KERNEL.BIN attack entries trump all scene data. Changes made to attacks with an index less than 255 within a scene will not affect the monster at all. If you want a "cheaper" Quake 3 or so, you'll have to make a new attack with an index greater than 255.
[/quote]

Xeeynamo

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2009-12-20 17:51:53 »
You'll have to be much more specific than that. What changes did you make? What's the final script? Which Ultimate Weapon are you trying to change? etc.
Any change on Ultima Weapon's AI (Pre-Battle and Main) in any scene (70, 71, 73 and 274) cause an error when I click on Disassemble button. The error occur even if I edit an opcode with the same value that had before. If I save the scene, close proudclod and reopen the scene.bin, the error remains, but the scene.bin works well on the game O_O it's very strange..

KERNEL.BIN attack entries trump all scene data. Changes made to attacks with an index less than 255 within a scene will not affect the monster at all. If you want a "cheaper" Quake 3 or so, you'll have to make a new attack with an index greater than 255.
Thanks! :D

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #298 on: 2009-12-20 20:37:28 »
Any change on Ultima Weapon's AI (Pre-Battle and Main) in any scene (70, 71, 73 and 274) cause an error when I click on Disassemble button. The error occur even if I edit an opcode with the same value that had before. If I save the scene, close proudclod and reopen the scene.bin, the error remains, but the scene.bin works well on the game O_O it's very strange..

Sorry. My fault. I was testing it with 1.3.0. That was stupid of me. :P

I got this error too. I'll have to look at it closer. I have been saying since the beginning that disassembling is just an approximation anyway so take it for what it's worth.

EDIT:
Pointer fault. *sigh* I just have too many pointers that are incorrectly assigned or not kept track of properly. It's a problem with the debug opcode "A0". I hate that thing as it serves no purpose in the game. It's likely dummied out anyway. I'm tempted to tell WM and PrC to delete them when they see them. When I check WM out for the same issue (might not be there since WM's written differently now) then I'll reupload this.
« Last Edit: 2009-12-21 21:52:27 by NFITC1 »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #299 on: 2009-12-27 01:26:57 »
Hmmm... Is it possible to insert strings in the AI (93 opcode). After I've typed in something and hit enter the stuff I typed just disappears. I find it possible to edit already existing strings though, but impossible to create my own (with PC). Maybe I'm doing something wrong?