Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Battle editor - Proud Clod (1.5.0/FINAL)  (Read 366345 times)

Re: [FF7] Battle editor - Proud Clod (1.5.0/FINAL)
« Reply #575 on: 2015-05-22 20:36:55 »
I think he means 700 in total; there's four formations per scene and about 254 scenes that are functioning, with quite a lot either empty or unused.

Do you know what numbers/letters I need to put to make this work?
« Last Edit: 2015-05-22 20:38:46 by reversebustersword »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: 2015-05-22 22:09:56 »
Your best bet would be to find a back-attack formation and use the camera data listed there (make a note of it in Notepad), then enter it into other formations. Two problems though is that this will take a long time and not all enemy formations will be suited to it (they might appear off-camera, for instance). I'd test it out on Kalm's enemies first; adjust each formation for Kalm enemies with back attack camera data and see how it works out before you commit time to it.

Kefka

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: 2015-05-24 14:23:06 »
I think it's actually easier if you click the Preview button in the formations tab to open the Battle View Preview window, then you can manually "grab" and move the camera around as you like. Just left-click with the mouse somewhere into the picture and hold it, then drag it along (you'll get a feeling for it eventually). If your mouse has a scroll wheel, you can use that to make the camera "zoom" in and out.

Once you found an angle that you like, you have to right-click into the white text box that shows the current camera coordinates (see picture below) and select "set camera to this position". Now your self-adjusted camera position has been saved.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: 2015-05-24 14:48:01 »
D:

I did not know you could do that.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #579 on: 2015-05-24 16:34:03 »
D:

I did not know you could do that.

Seriously? That's in the first post.

Bartz24

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: 2015-08-29 12:49:42 »
Is there a way to get the alpha version of this tool? The formation editor doesn't seem to work in the final version, and in earlier posts it was mentioned that the alpha tool works correctly when editing formations.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: 2015-08-29 13:25:01 »
Here ya go bud: https://mega.nz/#!fg0gXIoL!qugOxwGK0Cul8nZZR4F5HslAWM4DnnSmPjLQQdaHLPE

One thing to note with the Alpha version; it can corrupt Item Steal/Drops if you use this version to change them. What I recommend doing is using Alpha purely for Formation editing (also for setting Attack Anims, this is handled in the formation tab as well) while using Final for everything else.

Edit: And don't use the Synch function. It causes havoc with formations and is very difficult to fix; just copy enemies and paste them over the duplicates instead, double-checking all the attacks after you do it (often, the attack data will get scrambled so it needs to be corrected when copy-pasting enemies).
« Last Edit: 2015-08-29 13:26:41 by Sega Chief »

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: 2015-08-29 16:41:40 »
Edit: And don't use the Synch function. It causes havoc with formations and is very difficult to fix; just copy enemies and paste them over the duplicates instead, double-checking all the attacks after you do it (often, the attack data will get scrambled so it needs to be corrected when copy-pasting enemies).

Wait, I thought this was fixed the last time I complained about it?

Yep, it is fixed. I can't replicate this problem in the newest build, at least.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-29 17:06:09 by Ansem Darkseeker »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: 2015-08-29 18:18:25 »
I dunno, I'd recommend making a back-up before doing any synch work just to be on the safe side.

mexico

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: 2016-03-23 07:15:20 »
Hi!

Is there a chance to see one day a tool like Proud Clod for FF8 ?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #585 on: 2016-03-23 11:55:30 »
Ifrit is the closest thing right now.

mexico

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: 2016-03-23 15:32:09 »
OK thanks but you can't edit ennemy attacks with this tool, hard to release a good hard mod without this...

mexico

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: 2016-03-25 18:10:12 »
Well, I have a problem with the tool. I want to replace the Cure2 of Materia keeper by Adrenaline but I have an error when I want to change the AI:

I don't understand what's going on...

vayneruel

• View Profile
« Reply #588 on: 2016-03-26 10:53:47 »
Try this:
60 20
61 0349

mexico

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: 2016-03-26 17:45:36 »
Thanks, it works. :D

Raziel80

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: 2016-03-31 19:40:29 »
Is it possible in Proud Clod to increase the health of all enemies by 50% in one click.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #591 on: 2016-03-31 20:57:58 »
No. There is a tool that does that, but this is not it. Can't remember what it's called though.

Raziel80

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: 2016-08-01 09:46:45 »
Is it possible to create a hotkey (for example: F7) or button, to call "Enemy stats" window?
« Last Edit: 2016-08-03 23:42:53 by Raziel80 »

Question

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: 2016-10-17 10:33:21 »
I did some testing and noticed something odd. Jenova-Birth's attacks are not flagged as short range in proud clod, but they are short range in game...characters in the back row will take half damage from it's laser attacks.

The tail laser attacks also suffers a 1/3rd damage penalty, like the one you get when you linked an all materia to fire materia, even though it is flagged as "start as multiple" (same as a summon, which does not receive a damage penalty for hitting all enemies). Its not flagged as one row only or toggle multiple either.

Kefka

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: 2016-10-17 14:43:17 »
I did some testing and noticed something odd. Jenova-Birth's attacks are not flagged as short range in proud clod, but they are short range in game...characters in the back row will take half damage from it's laser attacks.

This is acutally a bug concerning ALL enemy attacks except magic spells. Apparently, all physical attacks from enemies are always treated as short range regardless of whether or not they have the 'long range' flag checked. There was once a thread about this bug here:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14998.msg210596#msg210596

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #595 on: 2016-10-17 14:46:25 »
That's by design. Enemies don't have long ranged attacks even if they are marked as such. The code that determines if long range penalty is removed can only affect player characters. Party characters or enemy characters in the back row will always halve the damage done to player characters. I believe some here (DLPB) consider that a bug in the game.

The tail laser attacks also suffers a 1/3rd damage penalty, like the one you get when you linked an all materia to fire materia, even though it is flagged as "start as multiple" (same as a summon, which does not receive a damage penalty for hitting all enemies). Its not flagged as one row only or toggle multiple either.
Don't take the targeting data on enemy-exclusive action too seriously. Even if an action is marked as one row only the targeting is entirely controlled by the AI and can do whatever it wants (ex. Ultima could be "tricked" into targeting one actor). The targeting data section ONLY affects how the cursor behaves for player characters when selecting a target of an action.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: 2016-11-12 14:36:36 »
Sorry if this was covered but didn't see anything about it when searching.  So I found out what other people probably knew.  Posting it in here so everyone can see it and for future modders.  Basically when you edit 250 on ward it will not register in every kernel bin.  So basically you have to edit each different kernel bin for it to sync the battles with the look up table properly.  So if you can save the changes to just the ones you needed for 7th Heaven then you should be good to go just sync it to the regular one.

Kefka

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: 2017-01-08 17:41:56 »
I've got a question regarding attack animation IDs. Is it possible to make an enemy use items in battle? Or at least create an enemy-exclusive attack using an item animation ID? Because I thought it would be fun to have certain human-like enemies (the Turks) use items like Ethers, Hero Drinks and such. First off, I've read the various threads about it that I could find:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8195.0

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9277.0

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11534.0

They were very informative, but they were usually aiming at giving enemy-exclusive attack animations to player-attacks, and I'm kinda trying to do the opposite. I'm unsure how to go about it since the above threads didn't cover item animations. Is it even possible at all?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #598 on: 2017-01-08 20:03:34 »
I've got a question regarding attack animation IDs. Is it possible to make an enemy use items in battle? Or at least create an enemy-exclusive attack using an item animation ID? Because I thought it would be fun to have certain human-like enemies (the Turks) use items like Ethers, Hero Drinks and such. First off, I've read the various threads about it that I could find:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8195.0

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9277.0

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11534.0

They were very informative, but they were usually aiming at giving enemy-exclusive attack animations to player-attacks, and I'm kinda trying to do the opposite. I'm unsure how to go about it since the above threads didn't cover item animations. Is it even possible at all?

I'm not going to say "no", but I'll say "I don't think so".
I have a much better understanding on how these animation indexes work than when I made that first post, but It boils down to memory leaks. The animation methods are all in a single line in memory and if a player magic goes beyond what its maximum value should be it starts at the beginning of the next list and continues going. You can't go "backward" through the list as these values are unsigned. Sometimes these will use the same animation methods. Enemy attacks sometimes share an animation with a particular item (happens all the time with items). Ethers might have an equivalent, but Hero Drinks might not. I can look it all up tomorrow when I get it in front of me.

EDIT:
No. There is no way to make an enemy perform the effect for Hero Drink without some EXE editing.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-09 15:01:57 by NFITC1 »

Kefka

• View Profile
« Reply #599 on: 2017-01-09 19:45:15 »

I'm not going to say "no", but I'll say "I don't think so".
I have a much better understanding on how these animation indexes work than when I made that first post, but It boils down to memory leaks. The animation methods are all in a single line in memory and if a player magic goes beyond what its maximum value should be it starts at the beginning of the next list and continues going. You can't go "backward" through the list as these values are unsigned. Sometimes these will use the same animation methods. Enemy attacks sometimes share an animation with a particular item (happens all the time with items). Ethers might have an equivalent, but Hero Drinks might not. I can look it all up tomorrow when I get it in front of me.

EDIT:
No. There is no way to make an enemy perform the effect for Hero Drink without some EXE editing.

Too bad, but thanks anyway for looking. I think I MIGHT have found a way to still imitate a Hero-Drink-looking effect by editing the kernel: The 2 spells between Shield and Choco/Mog are unused, so I thought about using one of them to create a custom spell with 0 MP cost and give it the effect of a Hero Drink and the animation of Big Guard (this should be possible, since Big Guard comes in a later set of spells). Then I just add this new "spell" to an enemy's attack list, and since no materia is using that spell, it'll be like an enemy-exclusive ability, sort of. I hope this explanation wasn't too confusing. I'm gonna test that tomorrow.

Edit: It worked! It's possible to create a player spell in WallMarket with the properties and animation of Hero Drink and let an enemy use that.

However, now I've got a different question about enemy AI: is it possible to have a magical counter-attack script NOT trigger when hit by a specific spell? Because I wanted to let enemy A cast Wall on all enemies, but this triggers enemy B's magical counter script, making him attack enemy A after receiving Wall, which looks kinda stupid. I've looked through various enemy AIs, and I know that it's possible to have counter scripts trigger when certain specific spells are used (example: Ruby Weapon counters with Ultima when hit with Knights of the Round, but counters with tentacle strikes against all other attacks). My question: does a code for the opposite exist as well? I mean, a magical counter script that triggers against all spells EXCEPT a certain specific one (in my case Wall)? In short, enemy B shall still use his counter attack against spells from the player, but not against his buddy when he gets Wall from him.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-11 17:01:59 by Kefka »