Author Topic: ADVENT CHILDREN TRAILER!!!  (Read 21555 times)

Sephiroth2000

ADVENT CHILDREN TRAILER!!!
« Reply #50 on: 2003-10-22 05:34:17 »
Quote from: Lieron
i saw a girl crossplaying as sephiroth once... and let me tellyou it wasnt a bad one either )

I've seen one too, but she looked awful :o

Rubicant_II

« Reply #51 on: 2003-10-22 10:59:04 »
They all look like friggin' girls. The only two people in FF7 that looked like real men were cid and barret. When it comes to real masculinity in the FF series, it's really quite uncommon. There's probably been about 5 total real men since the beginning of the 3d versions of the games. Just take a look at Squall.

He is a total baba babushka. He looks like he is off to the market now to buy some bread for the whole family. Squall may be cool for some parts, but he whines constantly about petty problems in the past and somehow he manages to be a constant jerkoff at all times. Ladyboy!!!

Now, Zidane. That boy dun eat right. I have never seen someone who has more girly-girly arms in any FF game. He couldn't lift a tree to save his own life.

An even better example of this is Kuja. But I don't think you need to imagine why the girly-girliness exists with him.

So there you have it. My point isn't as strong as it may seem, but I think I have something here. Girls can easily cosplay as male characters from FF games because the male characters obviously somewhat look like girls. Or else the girls cosplaying look like men. Either way, ewww.

Cyrus XIII

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2003-10-22 16:07:52 »
I wonder how someone can seriously complain about the androgyne looking characters in the newer Final Fantasy games. Yoshitaka Amano has done the designs for FF 1-6 & 9 (7&8 being most likely influenced by his work as well) and what we got in the PlayStation era was merely more technically advanced, so the ingame graphics were able to mimic Amano's style more truthfully.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #53 on: 2003-10-22 21:11:54 »
I'm gonna go way out on a limb here, and i will probably get flamed.. There is nothing wrong with feminine looking guys.. In fact most of the women that i have been with dig that.. They dont really want big muscles or some macho chauvinist.. Females find androgynous looking males sexy.. Some do some dont.. But in all seriousness what is wrong with it? I thought Kuja looked pretty damn smooth in IX..

edit..

Spelling

Rubicant_II

« Reply #54 on: 2003-10-22 23:51:22 »
I was joking, y'all

And yes, macho chauvinistic guys bother me. Flaming morons.

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #55 on: 2003-10-23 03:26:01 »
yeah... called bishounen for anime )

Cyrus XIII

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2003-10-23 03:57:33 »
Quote from: Rubicant_II
I was joking, y'all

And yes, macho chauvinistic guys bother me. Flaming morons.

So it was our fault, that we didn't get your irony or was it your's, 'cause you probably did not make it clear enough ?

Rubicant_II

« Reply #57 on: 2003-10-23 16:21:50 »
It doesn't matter whether it is anyone's fault or not. I think it was fairly clear that I was trying to be funny considering I made a picture of squall in a baba babushka outfit. That stuff is pure gold! If you're wondering where the "flaming morons" thing came from, I was referring to how stupid those macho men out there are.

I don't care if the characters look feministic. Did I seem like I was totally complaining about how much I hate it? No. I was poking fun at the entire concept of making male characters looking like girls. Sure, it can be hard to tell seriousness from sarcasm sometimes, but this really isn't the case. I was clearly making an observation and making fun..in other words trying to get you guys to find it funny.

I shouldn't have to explain myself anymore over a simple joke. Fuck, everything I say is always blown out of proportion.

Stormy

« Reply #58 on: 2004-02-28 18:19:45 »
Further ideas in the sepheroth son theory.
If you look on the ff7 ac xplay movie between seconds 52 and 55, you will see that the younger gray-haired man is looking up into the face of the person in the wheelchair, then the movie fades into sepheroth's face.  Could the younger man be looking into his father's eyes?

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #59 on: 2004-02-28 23:52:17 »
Could be ;)
PS I think someone's broken the ressurection rule  :)